• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Perhaps Nintendo is going to use the upcoming National tourney as an opportunity to reveal something juicy about the Wii U version or the supposed sync leak.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
When I was calling various Gamestops the other day (9/29) to see if any would be holding release tourneys one employee told me she fully expected there to be additional characters when the Wii U version drops.

Now I know what most of you are thinking "what does she know" etc etc, but she said it so nonchalant and almost like if she was holding back and caught herself...it was interesting. But who knows? I'll assume this our final roster and then get pleasantly surprised.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
When I was calling various Gamestops the other day (9/29) to see if any would be holding release tourneys one employee told me she fully expected there to be additional characters when the Wii U version drops.

Now I know what most of you are thinking "what does she know" etc etc, but she said it so nonchalant and almost like if she was holding back and caught herself...it was interesting. But who knows? I'll assume this our final roster and then get pleasantly surprised.
For all we know, Nintendo is finally doing marketing the right way and informed GameStop beforehand. I really hope that's true :p

D

Deleted member

"Riki heard new character in Smash U! Yes, Heropon must join fight!"
Riki will be a character, Final Smash, and an Assist Trophy. Xenoblade Bias :awesome:

Melee_Martyn

Smash Rookie
The "Tower of Smash" leak is 100% true. Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and the Chorus Men will all be released with the Wii U version of Smash Bros., and they can be sent to the 3DS version to fill the remaining empty slots. I know Mr. Sakurai is planning on announcing DLC about a month or so after the Wii U release, and some of us already know the planned fighters. There will be two DLC packs.

In the first DLC, the Ice Climbers will be returning as a Wii U exclusive, since all the code for them is already in and it would be a waste if it wasn't used. Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy were all planned to be Wii U exclusive as well (like a Melee reunion), but fans were losing hope that any of them would ever come back, so Dr.Mario was brought to the 3DS version (since it's coming out soonest) to show that once a fighter is cut, that doesn't mean he or she will never come back. While Mewtwo can be sent to the 3DS version, Roy (yes, Roy from Fire Emblem) is Wii U only, because if any more characters are added to the 3DS CSS, it will have to be shrunken down even more for him and others to fit it, and it will be harder to see on the 3DS. However a new Mii, the Mii Sorcerer, can be sent to the 3DS version along with a bunch of new character costumes in the pack (including a Lucas alt) to give it more content.

Impa, Mach Rider, and Snake will be in the second DLC. That's currently all that's known about it.

Well, that's all I have to say before I leave and go hide under a rock. Oh by the way, don't hate on the Gematsu leak. Chrom WAS going to be in the game, but when the leak came around Sakurai had to throw it off so the surprise wouldn't be ruined, and Chrom was replaced with Lucina. Sadly, he will not be coming to this iteration of Smash.

Alright everyone, have fun being skeptic about what I just revealed to you all. Enjoy the game my snobby coworkers helped contribute to. Ciao.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
The "Tower of Smash" leak is 100% true. Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and the Chorus Men will all be released with the Wii U version of Smash Bros., and they can be sent to the 3DS version to fill the remaining empty slots. I know Mr. Sakurai is planning on announcing DLC about a month or so after the Wii U release, and some of us already know the planned fighters. There will be two DLC packs.

In the first DLC, the Ice Climbers will be returning as a Wii U exclusive, since all the code for them is already in and it would be a waste if it wasn't used. Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy were all planned to be Wii U exclusive as well (like a Melee reunion), but fans were losing hope that any of them would ever come back, so Dr.Mario was brought to the 3DS version (since it's coming out soonest) to show that once a fighter is cut, that doesn't mean he or she will never come back. While Mewtwo can be sent to the 3DS version, Roy (yes, Roy from Fire Emblem) is Wii U only, because if any more characters are added to the 3DS CSS, it will have to be shrunken down even more for him and others to fit it, and it will be harder to see on the 3DS. However a new Mii, the Mii Sorcerer, can be sent to the 3DS version along with a bunch of new character costumes in the pack (including a Lucas alt) to give it more content.

Impa, Mach Rider, and Snake will be in the second DLC. That's currently all that's known about it.

Well, that's all I have to say before I leave and go hide under a rock. Oh by the way, don't hate on the Gematsu leak. Chrom WAS going to be in the game, but when the leak came around Sakurai had to throw it off so the surprise wouldn't be ruined, and Chrom was replaced with Lucina. Sadly, he will not be coming to this iteration of Smash.

Alright everyone, have fun being skeptic about what I just revealed to you all. Enjoy the game my snobby coworkers helped contribute to. Ciao.
Heheh. Except Sakurai already talked about the whole Chrom thing. Nice try.

Well actually...eh, I got nothin'.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I just saw the "Orbital Gate" stage for the Wii U. Sad to see the Tower of Smash leak debunked. It actually sounded pretty cool.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Yeah, I just saw the "Orbital Gate" stage for the Wii U. Sad to see the Tower of Smash leak debunked. It actually sounded pretty cool.
I'm the one who debunked it. I take full responsibility, and shall give the ToS a loving gravestone.
TowerSmashTomb.jpg
May these three live on in our hearts. (Impa doesn't have a gravestone; she's busy slicing Bokoblins in half, while the Chorus Men are still rehearsing their next song.)

Last edited:

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
The fact that the 3DS CSS isn't "completely filled out" and that the Wii U version has been so hush hush in spite of it supposedly coming out in the next few months really has me feeling there will be worthy additional content in some capacity. Content is the key word here, as much as we all want more characters in general (the more the merrier!) we should just stand back and see what happens.

Here's hoping though!

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the stage actually does largely involve the Great Fox doesn't quite discredit the leak in its entirety, but it does put it in the red.

ArceusFireForme

Smash Rookie
I know this would never happen, but I REALLY want Shovel Knight to be in. He would be such a cool character with all of his relics :p
Also, I think Nintendo is trying to minimize the roster. If people are wanting, like, ten more characters every release, it could get pretty overwhelming in the future. They are probably just trying to slow the rate at which the roster grows.

Last edited:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the leak isn't completely dead. The Game and Wario stage had the same problem, it was just too non-specific, but it could just be an English person looking at Japanese screens or roughly translating. Maybe it's cause I'm a fan of the leak (Cmon Chorus Kids) but I don't see any reason why it should be struck off just yet.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
People need to understand that the fact that the leak/rumor's author of the stage list might not known the real names of the stages and gave us familiar names or keywords to make us understand what he was seeing at the moment he took notes about the stages in game, it is pretty clear that that's what he did when you look the names he listed. Gamer is not "game and wario" as a name but it comes from the game, same happens with this "great fox" stage that is called orbital gate. Just because the leaker didn't know the real names of the stages doesn't mean that the list is fake, so far, 2 stages are related to 2 of the names he mentions in that list, wheter it's the exact name or not, it doesn't 100% debunk ANYTHING. I'm not saying this supporting 100% the leak, but i don't support the opposite side of belief either. We don't have proof yet to say anything positive or negative about the leak. We need to see what more stages get confirmed from now on, that's ALL we can do at the moment. Making conclusions already is stupid from any side, wheter you believe or not the leak/rumor.

Last edited:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
aren't they all revealed alreday?
There have been rumours that Sakurai is holding back a few characters for the Wii U's release which will be unlocked when you connect the Wii U and 3DS games. This to me seems quite likely, and I wouldn't be surprised if characters like Mewtwo and Isaac would appear, even if I don't actively support either.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I'm the one who debunked it. I take full responsibility, and shall give the ToS a loving gravestone.View attachment 26476 May these three live on in our hearts. (Impa doesn't have a gravestone; she's busy slicing Bokoblins in half, while the Chorus Men are still rehearsing their next song.)
Cause the leak being fake deconfirms DLC.... In that case the grave stone next to it says "here lies the hype for the Wii U and future Smash games"

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Considering the official ToS thread was locked until further notice, I think using this thread to discuss it could be a good idea. Anyway, yeah, I don't think this recent stage has fully debunked the "leak", but it has brought it into question, but more information will be needed before a conclusive verdict.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Considering the official ToS thread was locked until further notice, I think using this thread to discuss it could be a good idea. Anyway, yeah, I don't think this recent stage has fully debunked the "leak", but it has brought it into question, but more information will be needed before a conclusive verdict.
It is the same situation as the "gamer" stage. The leaker said generalistic names for some stages that have a name within their origin game. Basically, they are 50% confirmed, but they could be wrong too. It all depends on what new stages keep getting confirmed from now on, so really there isn't much do discuss about it untill then.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I'm the one who debunked it. I take full responsibility, and shall give the ToS a loving gravestone.View attachment 26476 May these three live on in our hearts. (Impa doesn't have a gravestone; she's busy slicing Bokoblins in half, while the Chorus Men are still rehearsing their next song.)
I wouldn't count this leak out just yet. Remember when people screamed that the leaked pictures were fake because they thought the stripes on Ness' shirt were wrong and thought that Shulk's render was an edited picture of Little Mac.. -.-
I'm pretty sure that the next Wii U stage reveal (which should be pretty soon) shall decide whether the leak is real or not.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Just because Tower of Smash is dead doesn't mean DLC characters are dead. NeoGaf and ToS were different leaks.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Despite it being sorta debunked, I like what Melee_Martyn said. I mean, a Mii Sorcerer? That sounds friggin' awesome. And the whole "Melee reunion" thing? I mean, the developers know everybody loves SSB Melee, so why not bring back some older characters?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The leak isn't debunked yet. Stop saying it is. It's possible he just looked at photos or the stage icons and made a guess, and probably didn't know about some of the games.

I'm still considering this as fake, though, until more Wii U information makes the leak true, or of course completely debunks it.

If a stage is shown that wasn't on the list and wouldn't match any of the names the leak listed, we can say this leak is completely fake.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
*Sheds single tear*
Looking at the first page of this I'm so happy people learned to read the first post all the way through and have an actual intelligent discussion.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I believe the Tower of Smash leaker should be given a little more credibility. Whoever posted it (assuming it is real) looked at the Japanese SSS and wrote down the stages in the order he saw them. This would explain why the name's aren't spot on, but what is on the stage, however, matches what has been shown off. The stage list is also in the typical Smash stage order.

This could be the case for most inconsistencies so far, but we should take it with a grain of salt as always.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Theory:

We all know the Wii U version will possibly have some characters that the 3DS version doesn't have, but what if the 3DS version also has some characters that the Wii U version doesn't have? This would mean that when you connect both versions, you could get bonuses for both games if you own them! For example, let's say Dr. Mario is missing from the Wii U version and Mewtwo is missing from the 3DS version, but you could unlock both characters by connecting both games? That would be genius.

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
Theory:

We all know the Wii U version will possibly have some characters that the 3DS version doesn't have, but what if the 3DS version also has some characters that the Wii U version doesn't have? This would mean that when you connect both versions, you could get bonuses for both games if you own them! For example, let's say Dr. Mario is missing from the Wii U version and Mewtwo is missing from the 3DS version, but you could unlock both characters by connecting both games? That would be genius.
that's what i think is going to happen because if you can connect the two versions together and port over the unlocks like characters and custom moves and you already got all the characters in the 3ds version then what are you going to unlock in the wii u version

domriver

Smash Lord
You know what which stage will be the final nail ............... yup you guessed it. "Endless Ocean" If that is ever confirmed the leak may hold a lot of truth to it.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Theory:

I hope

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Theory:

This is the best possible way Nintendo can get people who aren't dedicated Smash fans to buy the Wii U version. If they miss out on this opportunity, the Wii U version will not sell as well as they want it to.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
My theory is there are no more characters, except DLC possibly.

Hope I'm wrong.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'm working on a very in depth analysis on the various evidence for/against the leak, so everybody try your best not to get this thread locked too before I get to post it, which should hopefully be some time tomorrow. I would hate to see all my work be wasted. It seems like the problem people from the other thread aren't here so hopefully everything will stay nice and civil.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm honestly surprised that none of these supposed leaks mention Lucas or Wolf. Those two would make perfect sense for being unlocked through Wii U transfer, mainly Wolf. Think about it There's a new starfox stage on the wii U and what does every starfox stage have? Secret codecs. It would make sense to have Wolf be held back for the Wii U version to work on his codecs a bit more. Plus I don't think Lucas and Wolf would be hard to implement into the game, Lucas espeacially since I believe he has the same physics as Ness plus you can copy paste with his speacials and custom moves. Wolf might be a bit trickier, but not as hard as say Olimar. It also makes sense to bring these two back so that Starfox and Earthbound don't go down in reps. Besides Wolf Can't Let you enjoy that new stage Starfox... without him being playable in this game. Well that's my theory, all I can do now is hope it's right.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly surprised that none of these supposed leaks mention Lucas or Wolf. Those two would make perfect sense for being unlocked through Wii U transfer, mainly Wolf. Think about it There's a new starfox stage on the wii U and what does every starfox stage have? Secret codecs. It would make sense to have Wolf be held back for the Wii U version to work on his codecs a bit more. Plus I don't think Lucas and Wolf would be hard to implement into the game, Lucas espeacially since I believe he has the same physics as Ness plus you can copy paste with his speacials and custom moves. Wolf might be a bit trickier, but not as hard as say Olimar. It also makes sense to bring these two back so that Starfox and Earthbound don't go down in reps. Besides Wolf Can't Let you enjoy that new stage Starfox... without him being playable in this game. Well that's my theory, all I can do now is hope it's right.
Melee_Martyn said Lucas was a DLC alt. Though he also said a lot of bullcrap.

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241

As a GameStop employee I can assure you we don't know anymore than anyone else. We sometimes get a days notice before the public like with Mortal Kombat 10, but that's rare and stuff usually leaks within a few hours. Her speculation is no more valid than mine or yours.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
As a GameStop employee I can assure you we don't know anymore than anyone else. We sometimes get a days notice before the public like with Mortal Kombat 10, but that's rare and stuff usually leaks within a few hours. Her speculation is no more valid than mine or yours.
I can't take anything you just said seriously with that profile pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom