• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
this is what i think both versions will have different unlock able characters you need to link both up to get the full roster or download some type of dlc to get the others and i think that the characters that may be in the wii U are
ridley
mewtwo
impa or groose
marshal or karate joe
and a dk rep
maybe wolf
this is just me coming up with ideas but everything points to that there is going to be 5 more characters and the thing that i keep thinking about is the trophy quiz theory i mean the trophy's were hinting at the characters i mean what were 2 of the trophy's hinting at newcomers and the other 2, hinting at characters people wanted in but didn't get in that just doesn't make sense
i don't know but this is just some things that have been on my mind

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Today's PotD shows a new stage for the Wii U version. A stage that was featured in a leaked "full" stage list that surfaced a few days ago. That leak stated that Impa, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids and Mewtwo were playable.

Maybe it's just a coincidence and we'll have to wait until other stages match that list, but so far it's looking good. The leaker also nailed the release date for the Wii U version.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I might be wrong, but didn't that leak popped up after the Wii U release date was first leaked?
The stage list did, but I'd swear I saw the first leak before the release date appeared and that's why they started to talk about it.

Last edited:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Today's PotD shows a new stage for the Wii U version. A stage that was featured in a leaked "full" stage list that surfaced a few days ago. That leak stated that Impa, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids and Mewtwo were playable.

Maybe it's just a coincidence and we'll have to wait until other stages match that list, but so far it's looking good. The leaker also nailed the release date for the Wii U version.
Yeah, the Tower of Smash leak as it's known is gaining credibility. I always did think that the Wii U game would save some newcomers just to increase hype, so I'm a firm believer in this list... even if it does seem like a wishlist for characters (Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie) than would be likely. If Chorus Kids does get in, then Gematsu is indeed proved right and my perpetual belief will not go unrequited!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hahahaha oh man if this leak is proven true. How would the naysayers of the Gematsu leak react?

(I still think Chorus Kids WAS planned but was probably scrapped or saved for Wii U)

The stage list did, but I'd swear I saw the first leak before the release date appeared and that's why they started to talk about it.
There were two leaks of the release date. First one was that uh... brochure thing? Not sure what it was, it was some pamphlet or brochure or something that was Smash Bros related and had the Nov 21st release date on it. A photo of it was taken before the Nintendo of France's leak.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Yeah, the Tower of Smash leak as it's known is gaining credibility. I always did think that the Wii U game would save some newcomers just to increase hype, so I'm a firm believer in this list... even if it does seem like a wishlist for characters (Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie) than would be likely. If Chorus Kids does get in, then Gematsu is indeed proved right and my perpetual belief will not go unrequited!
It would flesh the roster out quite a bit if Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa, Dixie and Chorus Men are added and Id be very happy for those fan bases but Ill still feel empty inside if Wolf is still gone.

Last edited:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
It would flesh the roster out quite a bit if Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa, Dixie and Chorus Men are added and Id be very happy for those fan bases but Ill still feel empty inside if Wolf is still gone.
Agreed, I want another Star Fox character too (see my sig for Krystal love) cause it's a tragically under-repped franchise this game, at least compared to FE and if the leak is true DKC. I would have liked another 'retro' character too, along the lines of ROB and DHD but maybe one newcomer this time is enough.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Agreed, I want another Star Fox character too (see my sig for Krystal love) cause it's a tragically under-repped franchise this game, at least compared to FE and if the leak is true DKC. I would have liked another 'retro' character too, along the lines of ROB and DHD but maybe one newcomer this time is enough.
I did/do want Krystal but I cant even want her now that I have to worry about Wolf :( ( SAKURAIIIII!!!)

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
what i don't get is how the chorus men would work because if the 3ds cant run 2 ice climbers then how is it going to run 3 chorus men

Spatman

Smash Ace
only a bit?
a roster yet of 50 characters, many very unique, and important for videogames' history, with the addition of:
the 2 more requested characters (ridley & mewtwo);
the 2 more requested characters after those (Impa & Dixie), whose one rep of a brand for which many ask a new character;
AND another extremely original and unique character such as Chorus Men...

...only a bit?

I don't think so

what i don't get is how the chorus men would work because if the 3ds cant run 2 ice climbers then how is it going to run 3 chorus men
Nana had her own A.I. Chorus men probably not (aside from the leader), so they are more similar to Rosalina&Luma than Ice Climbers

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
only a bit?
a roster yet of 50 characters, many very unique, and important for videogames' history, with the addition of:
the 2 more requested characters (ridley & mewtwo);
the 2 more requested characters after those (Impa & Dixie), whose one rep of a brand for which many ask a new character;
AND another extremely original and unique character such as Chorus Men...

...only a bit?

I don't think so

Nana had her own A.I. Chorus men probably not (aside from the leader), so they are more similar to Rosalina&Luma than Ice Climbers
A lot ok. Even so I hope Wolf, ice Climbers, Lucas and snake would be dlc and not forgotten.

Last edited:

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
I pretty much thought the same thing, but according to the Tower of Smash leaker, it's technically the conductor that's playable, and the Chorus Men themselves are more akin to Olimar's Pikmin and Rosalina's Luma than actual fighters.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
the 3DS and WiiU versions will have the same roster, sorry to burst your bubble yall
Same roster doesn't mean that the Wii U version can't have more characters and then be made available to 3DS users later. It says they will have the same roster, doesn't say they will have the same roster in all instances of time. Sorry to burst your bubble X)

Last edited:

OBI1JABLOMI

Smash Cadet
Same roster doesn't mean that the Wii U version can't have more characters and then be made available to 3DS users later. It says they will have the same roster, doesn't say they will have the same roster in all instances of time. Sorry to burst your bubble X)
Wishful thinking

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wow... Read all the nineteen pages on this thread. I'm lost. 0.0

So what's the situation regarding the four/five characters that are supposedly unlockable through the system transfer?

Naoshi

Wow... Read all the nineteen pages on this thread. I'm lost. 0.0

So what's the situation regarding the four/five characters that are supposedly unlockable through the system transfer?
Right now, we haven't made any progress. There is still the possibility of either Wii U/3DS connectivity characters or none at all.

That Tower of Smash leak (that's supporting the 5 characters) hasn't been debunked yet however!

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Guys, do any of you understand that Sakurai is not trustworthy at all? We can't take anything he says and call it fact. I think this stupid "roster is the same between versions" bullcrap is false and I think Ice Climbers will be Wii U exclusive. I really wish a 3DS versions of Smash was never considered and Sakurai should've focused solely on the Wii U version, like everyone wanted in the first place

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys, do any of you understand that Sakurai is not trustworthy at all? We can't take anything he says and call it fact. I think this stupid "roster is the same between versions" bullcrap is false and I think Ice Climbers will be Wii U exclusive. I really wish a 3DS versions of Smash was never considered and Sakurai should've focused solely on the Wii U version, like everyone wanted in the first place
I think I agreed with this, Imagine the possibility!!! It can be better than any Smash bros. but sadly the 3DS kill it.

Man, I was right, one year I Say that the game is not gonna work perfect in the 3DS after the direct reveal of greninja trailer, I found something wrong right there. I was right, this Smash bros. is over the top controversial, Fake leak everywhere, Spectation never ends even the game out. Mario overtaking everything without mercy of other franchise, The clone trinity, the Veterans Cut, Some overated requested character denied and Wii U was always the definitive.

But remember the 3DS is the Japanese version of the game because Japan never buy console (PS4 and Wii U sale are low) and Nintendo need money now, that why a 3DS smash Bros. came into mind and it Work, 1 MILLIONS sale in a week and now everyone is going to Smash, people will buy a Wii U, and buy A Wii U version because of the control. believe the control are reason I WANT THE Wii U version.

In this installment we learn that Smash is better on a Console than Handheld.

I think the roster will be the same. I think all we need is DLC.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I wouldn't say he flat out lies, but rather take what he says with some grain of salt. There is usually a twist to what he says, if he isn't completely blunt. The direct made it sound like he was blunt, but actually, he said in an interview "the roster would fundamentally be the same". Its like there is a twist to he is saying.

Last edited:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with this is the possibility of 3DS-to-WiiU interplay. Some have speculated that the 3DS could work as a controller for playing the Wii U game and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, but that would mean Ice Climbers wouldn't be playable with one control method... and that seems unfair t me.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The only problem with this is the possibility of 3DS-to-WiiU interplay. Some have speculated that the 3DS could work as a controller for playing the Wii U game and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, but that would mean Ice Climbers wouldn't be playable with one control method... and that seems unfair t me.
Coss platform play will not happen. It's literally an impossibility as the stages aren't the same in both versions (even the stages in both games are different).

The 3DS will be a usable controller for the Wii U version. The 3DS won't be running the Wii U version.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is forgetting about the "Motherf**king Leaker". He said that Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mach Rider, and Impa "are on their way" (perhaps referring to the Wii U version). This statement closely matches the "Tower of Smash" leak, making it even more probable. And not just that, but we also have several reliable sources who have said things such as "Mewtwo is in", or they have stated that they have actually seen the last few characters on screen.

If it turns out that none of this is true in the end (though most likely it will be), Sakurai will have a lot of angry fans on his doorstep...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Everyone is forgetting about the "Motherf**king Leaker". He said that Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mach Rider, and Impa "are on their way" (perhaps referring to the Wii U version). This statement closely matches the "Tower of Smash" leak, making it even more probable. And not just that, but we also have several reliable sources who have said things such as "Mewtwo is in", or they have stated that they have actually seen the last few characters on screen.

If it turns out that none of this is true in the end (though most likely it will be), Sakurai will have a lot of angry fans on his doorstep...
Are you sure he said that, or is that the stuff he made up to catch copy-cat leakers?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

The Mother ""ing Leaker also said IC, Snake, Wolf, Lucas were DLC, yet lied about that, so I won't take the things he says as definitive fact, as he's proven to lie about some of his sources.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I hope you know that The mother****ing leaker was full of ****, he didn't know anything beyond his css lek.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Are you sure he said that, or is that the stuff he made up to catch copy-cat leakers?
The stuff he made up to catch copy-cat leakers were IC, Snake, Wolf and Lucas. However, the Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, etc "leak" from him is false too last I recall.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The stuff he made up to catch copy-cat leakers were IC, Snake, Wolf and Lucas. However, the Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, etc "leak" from him is false too last I recall.
Then I'm already preparing Ridley as my number 1 most wanted to appear in Smash 5. I'd be okay with that. It was coming to see the Ridley thread that made me change my stance of the character. In that situation, "See you next mission, Space Pirates." It was a fun ride on the hype train.
:samus:

Last edited:

Naoshi

Then I'm already preparing Ridley as my number 1 most wanted to appear in Smash 5. I'd be okay with that. It was coming to see the Ridley thread that made me change my stance of the character. In that situation, "See you next mission, Space Pirates." It was a fun ride on the hype train.
:samus:
Him lying about the characters does not outright disconfirm them, so there's nothing to worry about... yet.

As long as Ridley's not confirmed boss yet (although the scenario is super likely now lol), there's still some hope I think. Honestly, the teasing is just so weird... We'll see in a few months or even sooner. I think it's more likely he'll be a boss if you ask me though.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I know a lot people would be against the idea of Ice Climber(playing as only one with Nana being an alt) but after what they did to the Pokemon trainer I wouldn't be surprised.

If Ridley isn't "fully teased" as a boss after the game release Friday I don't know what to think anymore...

TriMaxTime

Smash Cadet
Body? Chicago; Mind? Somewhere off in the distance
NNID
WiiUMax
3DS FC
0602-6382-0071
Switch FC
2417-1622-0716
I am on #TeamReal for Tower of Smash. Mostly because i love believing in rumors like these.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait until it is proven or debunked.

I'm just saying that Wii U stage list looks both amazing and true.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Going off topic real quick, if you are not aware there is a Ridley mod for brawl in the works. I say this cause the creator made impressive high quality models and I'm sure somebody will make a fake leak using them.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I am on #TeamReal for Tower of Smash. Mostly because i love believing in rumors like these.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait until it is proven or debunked.

I'm just saying that Wii U stage list looks both amazing and true.
I know right? It's about frikkin' time ROB got his Gyromite stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom