• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Eh, I choose the two fun characters I like more over Wolf personally. Also, why say he "Must" be DLC as if he "deserves" to be back or it's guaranteed? Whether he's in or not, oh well. People will be upset, but they'll have to get through with it. However, on what yo showed us about the theory, if this is true, Wolf seems likely if there's anyone else besides Mewtwo. Real likely. So likely that it hurts to know he didn't just make it into the original full game.
Your opinion.
Wolf is obviously highly wanted

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Mewtwo has been confirmed by NoA.

As for Wolf, well, the argument is that he has the exact same model in Lylat Cruise as his trophy. However, he doesn't use the same design as Fox and Falco (Brawl), so I'm starting to believe he was never once planned and in the early stages, they "trimmed the fat" by cutting out Wolf and Lucas.

Yes you're right. They probably started Mewtwo when they finalized the roster. However, before they finalized the roster, they likely had to cut other characters. Its very possible there are other characters who just barely didn't make the cut to the final roster but are much closer to completion than Mewtwo.

Although I don't know how you can say Mewtwo looks like he started a few months ago considering the fact we only have a model and nothing more.
Can you please link me to where NoA confirmed this? I was hoping this would be the case but with the bumpy road of Smash rumors that have led up to the game I'm very cautious about what I believe until I can get some official confirmation.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Can you please link me to where NoA confirmed this? I was hoping this would be the case but with the bumpy road of Smash rumors that have led up to the game I'm very cautious about what I believe until I can get some official confirmation.
Did I say NoA? NoE confirmed it, but NoA heavily hinted at it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I wonder how long until someone cracks the game & looks at the code to see any goodies, that could give us some DLC hints.
The only thing was old characters had a file for the crowd chant. Might just be a left over though.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/

This may truely be the end of this thread

So far looks like mewtwo may be the only one
One thing to note is they haven't decided a lot of things, like patches. He also said Mewtwo was a test to see if it would work. I think the big thing now is that they haven't made any decisions on DLC or post release content. It's not saying it is going to happen, but we aren't sure yet.

My opinion is the Mewtwo release will be a big success and they'll do more and chose the characters from there. I suspect the reason they chose Mewtwo was because of how much people wanted him back. If they do do DLC, Wolf will likely be added around Star Fox Wii U's release.

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
If anything, they can always do costumes n stages via DLC

As far as characters, good way to promote other is to include a featured character into smash via DLC

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Ive got a picture of a roster with Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men and Wolf in the roster.

Now hold your guns, im not saying that i think they are real or fake, when Mewtwos roster picture comes out, i am going to compare it to the picture. IF they are the same, it is pretty much clear that these guys are the ones that will be on dlc.

I dont really care much about information or if Sakurai has said that he doesnt want Ridley there, it means nothing to me. As much as when the leaked pic of Smash 4 got released and the whole forums laughed at Duck Hunt and provided links to prove that this is indeed wrong.

But yeah Wolf lovers, i cross my finger that this picture is the real deal. Or not. I want Waluigi to be added. Man, he deserves a spot to get some fame.. Atleast he should be an alternate costume of Luigi with black flames etc.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Ive got a picture of a roster with Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men and Wolf in the roster.

Now hold your guns, im not saying that i think they are real or fake, when Mewtwos roster picture comes out, i am going to compare it to the picture. IF they are the same, it is pretty much clear that these guys are the ones that will be on dlc.

I dont really care much about information or if Sakurai has said that he doesnt want Ridley there, it means nothing to me. As much as when the leaked pic of Smash 4 got released and the whole forums laughed at Duck Hunt and provided links to prove that this is indeed wrong.

But yeah Wolf lovers, i cross my finger that this picture is the real deal. Or not. I want Waluigi to be added. Man, he deserves a spot to get some fame.. Atleast he should be an alternate costume of Luigi with black flames etc.
I seriously doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo's render in that pic you've found is the same exact one from the 50 facts video, which anyone can easily do for a fake pic. Your post is literally just claiming (with no backing up) Ridley is playable despite the fact he was disconfirmed in just about every way. You don't even have any real argument, it's just "I don't care!", I mean... really?

And the ESRB leak image at least had everything going from it right off the bat. Every other fake leak roster always had tons of flaws. So, if you're going to talk about a freaking roster "leaked" image, then post it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, why would Ridley be on any official roster picture at this time. I can see him changing his mind later on Ridley, but it's a bit too early right now for that. It'd be far longer down the line, possibly not till even Smash 5 itself. It doesn't make sense he'd have intended him to be playable as DLC this early.

Post the picture, but I highly doubt it was ever real. Unless he wanted to make him playable, but failed, and those were ideal DLC at one time(which would be logical enough, if Ridley being next to the same as a playable character via programming for moves and having a player icon means much).

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I think I've already seen the one he's talking about. I wasn't convinced. You never know though.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
I seriously doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo's render in that pic you've found is the same exact one from the 50 facts video, which anyone can easily do for a fake pic. Your post is literally just claiming (with no backing up) Ridley is playable despite the fact he was disconfirmed in just about every way. You don't even have any real argument, it's just "I don't care!", I mean... really?

And the ESRB leak image at least had everything going from it right off the bat. Every other fake leak roster always had tons of flaws. So, if you're going to talk about a freaking roster "leaked" image, then post it.
I remember all the stuffs that people posted to prove the leak false. Like fatter lines and so on.

I dont want to claim that i know stuffs but its been tons of times the creators of games have said they wont add this and that and then later on added it.

Its like they have a perfect idea that they want people to give up hopes on just to reveal it later on for hype, youre one of them i guess. This is why i am not going to be like "okay" when some dev says that there is no plans or that it wont happen.

Isnt it the same leaker who posted that pic? I mean if the two Mewtwo character select roster pictures are the same its basically a big chance that Ridley will be playable because the leaker has propably got the hands of Nintendos future plans.

I dont care about Ridley and i hope its fake. I want Waluigi to be playable, if its real then my dreams are crushed so i hope Sakurais speaking the truth.

If they are not then i can throw my Ridley dreams in the trash can.

Well now Mewtwo is revealed. Should people keep on arguing even IF Wolf and Dixies gonna be revealed later?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Madwario Madwario : Could you please just post the picture?

Didn't Sakarai said the Ridley is too "big"? Which I find as a dumb reasoning to go with. Maybe in the future of Smash Bros. we will finally see a playable Ridley.
Not exactly. He feels that scaling him down loses some of the characterization and that properly balancing him is very difficult as well. It's something that'll take time, if he still wants to make him playable.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Maybe that guy in the pic is someone else like Ridley jr. XD

Its the pic that got posted, the blurry one some posts before. ramOnes post.

It was in the same post as the real roster leak i belivie?. Dont know if its the same guy who did it.

Edit: i dont want to start an argument. I belivie in Sakurai but i am just keeping this in mind. Lets just keep this rumour aside and not waste energy on it. Maybe its time to waste energy if Dixie, Wolf or anyone else gets revealed. Or if the Mewtwo in the roster is exactly the same. Then it might be a chance that the pic is real.

And i myself HOPE this roster is fake. I am not defending it, i hope it is fake because i dont want Chorus Men, i want Waluigi.

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I'm going to throw out my off-the-wall theory that, if Sakurai does end up making DLC for the game, one of the first characters we'll get (perhaps in a pack rather than stand-alone) is Dr. Luigi. And his reveal trailer will be shown on April Fool's Day.

I'm not kidding; I genuinely believe this will be a thing at one point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, that image is super fake. Seriously, it's a bad photoshop. If it wasn't such a bad Dixie, maybe... and I forget, but didn't those Lucas/Mewtwo/Wolf renders come from the 3DS trophies too, or was that a different leak?

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
That image was proved to be false months ago.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think it's funny fake leakers still call them Chorus Men, despite Smash calling them the Chorus Kids.
@ Madwario Madwario : That Mewtwo render looks really awful and read TheDarkKnightNoivern's post about Dixie.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Madwario, why were you arguing about a really old debunked fake leak's legitimacy?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

So where is this picture you're talking about?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don't see Ridley getting in as DLC, but I have a good feeling he'll be in Smash 5. The demand is too big not to do it next time around.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Just an interesting little detail I noticed on Lylat Cruise's Final Destination mode. In the background you can see The Great Fox, 2 Wolfens, and 1 Arwing. Panther and Leon are presumably in the Wolfens and Slippy is presumably in the Arwing, and Peppy's in the Great Fox, and Fox and Falco are fighting, so where are Wolf and Krystal? Just a little cool bit I noticed.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
(My attempt at Japanese)
だから、桜井は、ミュウツーとあなたの休憩を終えた後、私は次のDLCを使用すると、3DSのバージョンで動作するように取得することができると思います他のカット短い文字にする必要があります示唆している。私はそれがミュウツーのリリース、さらには、まだ計画されていない文字の間に長すぎる可能性があり恐れている。

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
(My attempt at Japanese)
だから、桜井は、ミュウツーとあなたの休憩を終えた後、私は次のDLCを使用すると、3DSのバージョンで動作するように取得することができると思います他のカット短い文字にする必要があります示唆している。私はそれがミュウツーのリリース、さらには、まだ計画されていない文字の間に長すぎる可能性があり恐れている。
What does it say?

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Interesting thing I noticed in "My Music" today. I'm not sure if there is an unlockable feature for this, but there is a tab that says "Normal" and no other tabs. It seems pretty wierd to have that down there in the first place since all music frequency applies to Omega stages, and custom stages has its music assign in the Custom Stage mode. This leads me to believe there will be in fact DLC stages coming, or its an unlockable feature to assign Omega music and Custom music from My Music or maybe as part of a future patch, but I'm banking on DLC stages at this point.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Interesting thing I noticed in "My Music" today. I'm not sure if there is an unlockable feature for this, but there is a tab that says "Normal" and no other tabs. It seems pretty wierd to have that down there in the first place since all music frequency applies to Omega stages, and custom stages has its music assign in the Custom Stage mode. This leads me to believe there will be in fact DLC stages coming, or its an unlockable feature to assign Omega music and Custom music from My Music or maybe as part of a future patch, but I'm banking on DLC stages at this point.
I'll have to check that out. Video? Also contact Gamexplain, he'll find it.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Oh, it was something I noticed while I was adjusting the music in my game. I dont have the means to record anything really. There might be a video online somewhere.

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Oh well i am not going to waste much energy about what is fake or not. First of all its just a video game, its not going to affect the human life in any ways. Second of all, i have been in discussions about fakes tons of times before and in my experience, yes, the majority of the fakes are indeed fakes but sometimes its real no mather "it cant be real its ugly, it doesnt look like that" or "Its taken from another video game duh".

Last edited:

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I don't see Ridley getting in as DLC, but I have a good feeling he'll be in Smash 5. The demand is too big not to do it next time around.
As long as Smash 5's dev team and producer mirror the sentiment of Sakurai and the Smash 4 dev team, I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom