• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda fan-art tread

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
in this tread any and all fan art of Zelda can be posted and is welcomed. you can also ask for tips on certain things you have trouble drawing or discuss opinions of other fellow artist's art work. now there are rules in this tread however there is not many rules here they are:

art work- i obviously don't need to say this but i will anyways no art work the is too vulgar is allowed (nudity or over exaggerated violence).

when giving an opinion of another person's art work please be honest but don't disrespect the person by being to negative (i.e saying you art sucks or that's a piece or crap is unacceptable)

those are really the only two rules that i want to make clear, this thread should be used to express your art of Zelda and to share with others your art. anyone is welcome to check out any art posted in here and comment on it:) also you can use this tread to reach out to anyone with photoshop(or what ever other program) skills to color your art, so i guess ill kick it off with a pic I've done.

i had to redo this and do many changes to its second verson i tryed to get as much detail as possible.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Hey Blueriku, a question: why is Zelda's head thicker than her waist? Great picture, great detail, but really, Zelda looks like she's anorexic or something. You can't really tell because there's so much detail in the picture, but after my third look I noticed it.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Hey Blueriku, a question: why is Zelda's head thicker than her waist? Great picture, great detail, but really, Zelda looks like she's anorexic or something. You can't really tell because there's so much detail in the picture, but after my third look I noticed it.
i had a lot of trouble doing her pose since her waist is turning im going to redraw it through since im still trying to refine the pic as for her hear i messed up with her hair and thats why her head looks a little to big i messed up on proportions a lot in this pic so i want to redraw it. ill probably have it finished from now to a day or two once i figure out how i can position her better.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I don't get the big deal about slight errors in proportion.
Zelda is extremely hard to draw, especially in original poses. At first glance, Blueriku's depiction of Zelda is good, but to delve into the minor details takes away from the great piece of art in my mind.

Maybe it's because I've been taught that proportion isn't everything, I dunno. Could also be that I don't like drawings that look exactly like the original artists depiction, eg: Zelda's TP artwork. I prefer to make Zelda look slightly different. I often like to draw/paint Zelda with her OOT facial features, and TP body. I liked that Zelda looked cute, and often naive in OOT, and that really showed in her face.

I'll probably post some Zelda stuff I've drawn/painted later =]

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
I don't get the big deal about slight errors in proportion.
Zelda is extremely hard to draw, especially in original poses. At first glance, Blueriku's depiction of Zelda is good, but to delve into the minor details takes away from the great piece of art in my mind.

Maybe it's because I've been taught that proportion isn't everything, I dunno. Could also be that I don't like drawings that look exactly like the original artists depiction, eg: Zelda's TP artwork. I prefer to make Zelda look slightly different. I often like to draw/paint Zelda with her OOT facial features, and TP body. I liked that Zelda looked cute, and often naive in OOT, and that really showed in her face.

I'll probably post some Zelda stuff I've drawn/painted later =]
i agree but im kind of a perfectionist so all the mistakes everyone is pointing out is helping me a lot, but i think if things are done right Zelda doesn't have to look like a Nintendo artist drew her as long as it in that artist style and they stay true to them selfs. most of the time its pointless to try to mimic some one else's drawings only because if you learn nothing out of it why do it thats pointless, but i believe its pointless because you will always can tell what was original and what was not simply because every artist style is like their fingerprint no matter what their way of drawing and their style will show. as for me i take example from great artist like the Zelda tp artist but do it with out trying to mimic them but rather learn how their are better ways to do things its always good to keep an open mind and learn different and other techniques.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
I just finished my second Zelda fanart. This one turned out to look a bit more like Brawl-Zelda I think. And It was also my first time drawing her in another position instead of the "original artwork picture pose"
Tell me your opinions, what I should improve etc.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Everything is perfect on yours pappioll besides maybe the eyes and lips IMO.

Excellent drawing though, your wicked good!!!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Yah I'm so jealous of everyone who can actually draw here....

BTW wicked = Amazingly, for all you non-MA people

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
As I said before, I like your way to draw Pappioll. Only things that I think could be different is the moon´s light (it looks like it goes in front of Zelda´s hair when it should go behind them) and eyes (other looks a bit wider than other) but both of them look good now too. If these things were differend, your picture would be perfect IMO. Now it´s just extremely good and nearly perfect. I praised your shadowings in the last pic, but in this it´s even better.

I´m also going to draw some Zelda when I´ve got time, but now there´s really no reason for me to post them here since they´ll be nothing compared to your works.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
is the moon´s light (it looks like it goes in front of Zelda´s hair when it should go behind them)
That's Din's Fire, is it not? Seeing as there is little sparklies around her hand... and no other backgrounds really...

I can't draw, so you'll see no art from me. Just art appreciated from me ^^'

Unless you want me to post up some links to art I've found over the net. Could probably go back and find credit, possibly... maybe....

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
That's Din's Fire, is it not? Seeing as there is little sparklies around her hand... and no other backgrounds really...
Sorry, my bad. I was in a bit of a hurry when I first looked at it and just assumed it was moon. Stupid me... Now that I looked at it again it clearly is Din´s fire. Just goes to prove that art shouldn´t be enjoyed in a rush.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
As I said before, I like your way to draw Pappioll. Only things that I think could be different is the moon´s light (it looks like it goes in front of Zelda´s hair when it should go behind them) and eyes (other looks a bit wider than other) but both of them look good now too. If these things were differend, your picture would be perfect IMO. Now it´s just extremely good and nearly perfect. I praised your shadowings in the last pic, but in this it´s even better.

I´m also going to draw some Zelda when I´ve got time, but now there´s really no reason for me to post them here since they´ll be nothing compared to your works.
Thank you guys for your comments! :) I will try to improve the eyes in my future work.
And yes, it is Zelda casting Din's Fire in the picture.

Now, if I just could color my drawings.. :ohwell:

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Nice work, Pappioll. Looks great! (insert further generic compliments here).

Certainly went all out with the details in the booby area.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Nice work, Pappioll. Looks great! (insert further generic compliments here).

Certainly went all out with the details in the booby area.
Thx! Haha, I know. She's sort of big chested in my drawing. But it's a plus, right?;)

Drake3

Smash Ace
Yeah, you were pretty generous in that area. The only thing I think you can improve on has already been said: her eyes. And this is just my opinion, but I want to pick up her tiara and move it to be in line with the part in her hair.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you were pretty generous in that area. The only thing I think you can improve on has already been said: her eyes. And this is just my opinion, but I want to pick up her tiara and move it to be in line with the part in her hair.
So you are saying that you would like to see more forehead? :) You may be right, though it's kinda slight.

Thx for your opinions!

Top Bottom