• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Guide Revamp thread

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Okay this thread is to discuss how we are going to revamp our already existing guide. Adding and updating info is what we should be the most into fixing. Also how it looks, as of now it isn't to appealing and its a little disorganized. This thread is to discuss our changes to it and updates.

first off we need a key to organize the information in a more appealing and organized way. Then we can add to the offense and defensive guides and add some vital information.

Also we need an egg lay guide. There are far to many people coming in here asking about it and a guide would help out a lot. i am thinking someone that is extremely knowledgeable about the egg lay should write that maybe meta or chaco. We also need to update the attack descriptions a little to keep up with the meta game. Maybe add to it how useful a specific way. OR how situational the move is. We also should add to the egg toss section as well, just a little because it already says a lot.

------------------------------------------------------

For the key it should look something like

I. Offense
II. Defense
III. attack description
IV. CG and release guide
V. DR guide
VI. getting to know your Yoshi
VII. egg toss
VIII. edge game
IX. Egg lay

(note the key is in no specific order just an example)

We can also space out the guides better so they look to be clearly separate. And maybe center the titles and add some color to them.

---------------------------------------------------------

For the attack descriptions we need some sort of system to keep it organized

example:

jab: neutral A
damage: 3-6 (9), 3-5, 3-5, 3-5, 2-5, 3-4
Usefulness: (like very usful, situational, usful, not usful, etc.)
Description: 9 just a short description on how the move works)
frames: if possible (no made up frames pl0x)

and continues on and on til we have all move completed. Maybe a smash, aerial, tilts and jabs sections

--------------------------------------------------

Sign-Up list:

offense --
defense -- bwett (original guide) auroreon
attack description -- Poltergust
CG and release -- lil b
DR -- Bigman
egg toss-- metatitan
egg lay -- metatitan
edge game -- yoshinators guide originally would someone like to add something
getting to know your Yoshi -- maybe a little more can be added to this
Editing the tread -- Shiri and yoshinator you guys can take the updates form this thread and ideas and edit them in. WE NEED SOME ORGANIZATION

There can be multiple people writing and adding to a section so if you know a lot about a specific topic go ahead and help out. AND if there is something you feel should be added post up.

that is about it for now I would like all the usual posters to contribute!!!!!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Reserved for updates----

all updates will be posted here and when ever shiri and yoshinator are ready to add them they can come here and get all the info easily

Metatitan

Smash Master
Add in an egg lay section as well, it's as important as egg toss. Anyways with that, I'll do egg toss and egg lay.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
good stuff meta post up when ever you are done

and trusted yoshi mains are all welcome to add to any of the guides it just needs to get approved when you are done by a majority and the original writer of the guide

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I guess I'll take up the tedious task of doing attack descriptions, but I'll need two things:

-Scatz's frame data list. I can't seem to find it for some reason... :dizzy:
-Someone to capture a clear picture of the move. I have terrible quality on my camera so I can't do it.

I'll also be basing a move's usefulness off of Metatitan's moveset thread.

:069:

Metatitan

Smash Master
I guess I'll take up the tedious task of doing attack descriptions, but I'll need two things:

-Scatz's frame data list. I can't seem to find it for some reason... :dizzy:
-Someone to capture a clear picture of the move. I have terrible quality on my camera so I can't do it.

I'll also be basing a move's usefulness off of Metatitan's moveset thread.

For attack descriptions just simply state what yoshi does (like slams you with his nose or w/e) and give them a link to my moveset summaries.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, it encompasses all of this:

jab: neutral A
damage: 3-6 (9), 3-5, 3-5, 3-5, 2-5, 3-4
Usefulness: (like very usful, situational, usful, not usful, etc.)
Description: 9 just a short description on how the move works)
frames: if possible (no made up frames pl0x)
So, I need to know the frame data, and I believe it's best if I state the usefulness for each individual move in the description so that people don't have to constantly switch between the two threads to get all of the info.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yes I would like it to have it usefulness AND description.

Its nice to have your thread but basically every piece of useful information from each tread should be added to the guide. As a central database of all guides and useful information.

go ahead and work on that polt

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Someone give me a nudge if you need me to update anything and Yoshinator's not around.

I will try to focus on this thread a bit, but I can't really contribute to this yet right now. D:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: Someone give me a nudge if you need me to update anything and Yoshinator's not around.

I will try to focus on this thread a bit, but I can't really contribute to this yet right now. D:

Yea I will let you know

Basically all that we need from you and or yoshinator is to organize the thread and add the new information

and if you would like to add additional stuff to the guide you can go ahead

auroreon

Smash Ace
I can deffinatly contribute to the defensive area and will do a section on egde game. I'm probably going to just write and post sections about various different things as I feel like writing them. Then it can be up to you if and how you want to use them in the guide.

Also, I just want to add that its important that we all write in an appropriate way. What I mean by that is when writing we have to be writing from a completely neutral standpoint without any bias. So best to just keep oppinions out.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Also if someone would like to contribute to proofreading the guides and fixing grammatical errors. That would be nice.

Scala

Smash Ace
Why don't one of you upload the draft to google docs and then everybody can work on it together at the same time

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lol the more proof readers the better

Just not me I am horrible at grammar and if it wasn't for spell check on firefox. I would be bad at spelling too.

also Scala stop making sense

:004:

auroreon

Smash Ace
Guys, don't worry so much about assigning specific roles to stick to. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who does this stuff as long as it is done well. So feel free to contribute in whatever way you feel that you competently can.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I can make animated GIFs from video. Send me the video, tell me what u want a GIF of and I'll make it

Chaco

Never Logs In
HIGHLY approve of Egg Lay getting it's own section.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hopefully we will. Gettting to Know your Yoshi comes first. Or an intro.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Still working on it. I've been really busy with my duties at AiB and such. I'm about half-way done, but I'm not sure how I'll be able to properly test the decay values for a move. What I've been doing is making a 10-stock match (because there are decay levels 0-9), and after hitting my opponent with the move I have him suicide. It's been tedious, to say the least. :dizzy:

And soon I'll be going on vacation until Sunday. I'll still have my computer, but I'm not sure if I can bring my Wii, so testing will come to a halt until I come back.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Still working on it. I've been really busy with my duties at AiB and such. I'm about half-way done, but I'm not sure how I'll be able to properly test the decay values for a move. What I've been doing is making a 10-stock match (because there are decay levels 0-9), and after hitting my opponent with the move I have him suicide. It's been tedious, to say the least. :dizzy:

And soon I'll be going on vacation until Sunday. I'll still have my computer, but I'm not sure if I can bring my Wii, so testing will come to a halt until I come back.

Take your time.

Thanks for the update though

I wish you luck

Top Bottom