• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ah, alright. I thought you might be going since there's a tournament there right before New Years.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90584
**** that thing in Scranton. I've gone there once in the past for a tourny and loved it. Too bad my crew already planned an overnight crew battle with this crew in Boothwyn PA for 30-31. I would have loved to come play with you guys, but unfortunately I have made other plans.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
Quick little note:

If you YYG, put on a jacket, and hit Sheik with it, you can then hit her again if she transforms into Zelda. (without refreshing the jacket)

serious business.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Quick little note:

If you YYG, put on a jacket, and hit Sheik with it, you can then hit her again if she transforms into Zelda. (without refreshing the jacket)

serious business.
That's amazing!!!
I never wouldhave figured that out. Also, this means you can deathline Zelda and equip a jacket at the same time, then when she becomes Shiek, hit her with it.

OMG! My Ness-Jigglypuff BtT Record Vid!!!

So... hard...:urg:
But I finally managed to actually BREAK my record on tape! :grin:

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
. . .

So when you Down+Smash YYG, you have to hit opponent, with any amount of charge time (?), and get hit yourself, while his D+Smash is out (?). Did I get it right? And when the trapbox comes out, it acts like a "normal" Up+Smash trapbox?
I would try it out myself, but...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
They way I did it is if you look closely at the d-smash frames you can see that if you start to charge it the yo-yo creeps a little bit backwards, just like the u-smash. It works just like the u-smash yyg. Hit them when it creeps foward, which knocks them back, then stop charging after the first yellow flash. This is really hard to do compared to the regular yyg, but if you pull it off sucessfully in a match, then you could use both yo-yos to mindgame your opponent.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I belive you also must cancel the dsmash animation before the attack is ovver, most likely by getting hit.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
thats a sick pick of foxes blaster and the yyg...

eb360 basically lives on this topic.

Reik

Smash Ace
I now have AR, recording equipment, and some spare time.

Assuming that the SYYG is real (because that would be much more interesting), how should I go about trying to make it happen? I was thinking of wavedashing toward a ledge, then trying to charge a U-smash on every single frame of the teeter animation. Sound good?

I wonder if I should leave any space between the Up and the A inputs of the U-smash...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Reik, I have tried what you have suggested, but have come out with no luck. I doubt WDing is really necessary, since all that you need is the teeter animation. But if you will, the Land fall special lag of a WD is 11 frames, so you must be 11 frames of a WD away from the edge before you usmash.

As for the timing between the up and A, I dunno, I haven't thought of that. Give it a try.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
So, when you are attempting the SYYG, you don't actually have to hit someone? Does a trapbox appear somewhere miraculously? Or have you no idea?

EDIT: darn... I wish i had AR. hmm, I could just buy one.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
you must tilt the control stiq ALL THE WAY UP and press A. hold all that and tap Z until you get there.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
YOU ALREADY TOOK THE QUIZ!!!

memory lapse?
I did?

So, when you are attempting the SYYG, you don't actually have to hit someone? Does a trapbox appear somewhere miraculously? Or have you no idea?

EDIT: darn... I wish i had AR. hmm, I could just buy one.
They say just charging a yo-yo off of the edge for a minimum of 10 framesshould automatically set up an infinite trapbox off of the stage.

Man, something must be wrong with me. i have had 2 dreams of discovering the SYYG ever since I heard the method.
:psycho:
Maybe I should stop trying for a while...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No. I think it's Flamestar.
Yes! That's what it was. On my thread there are 60+ pages so I wasn't about to go searching through all of them to figure that out. Sorry if I offended you Flamestar(add numbers).

EDIT: Yes, Earthbound, try something else for a while please. This site is making you all emo/crazy/obsessive. Oh...you know what that made me think of? Probably not...there's this really emo character in a game I'm absorbed in at the moment, which is why I havn't participated in discussion for a few days. Paper Mario The 1000-Year Door. If you havn't played it, great game. Anyway, the Creepy Steeple Boo is incredibly reminiscent of EB. Pretty funny actually.

"I hate technology...I don't know if you got this email...If you're not Mario and you get this than just delete this...This is the Creepy Steeple Boo...wanted to help you since you helped save all my friends...there is still lots of treasure here...But I'm sure you already found it...Have fun on your adventure...Man I'm so useless"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
omg, that's like the same thing!

*image pops up head of a life sized Ness throwing his controller against the wall and screaming 'dammit SYYG!!!'*

Rhyme

Smash Lord
omg, that's like the same thing!

*image pops up head of a life sized Ness throwing his controller against the wall and screaming 'dammit SYYG!!!'*
I don't follow...what is this post in response to?

And you owe me two things...

1) a Ness Quiz

2) an explination*

*What was it that you took out of your sig to accomidate stupid people? Was it the 1337 speak, type out your words, bit?

P.S. Accomidate me because I'm stupid. You know what...now you actually need to. I typed the first sentence, accidentally started because with a "c", decided I wouldn't put that in, then changed my mind. I typed the sentence over and made the exact same mistake.

My life is almost as hopeless as EB's.:chuckle:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So the syyg works similarly to the d-smash yyg? Is there any photographic evidence for this? Who supposedely discovered this?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol, I stopped for a while since I was running out of things to say about hurting/killing/phucking myself, but you make me wanna commit suicide again Rhyme :p

I think having that cookie jar hit my head made me forget the quiz:dizzy:

PPtTYD
I've played that. Good game. In fact, I rented it 3 times from Blockbuster and beat it right before my Birthday, and my friend buys it for me as a gift. I've never gotten the Big Boo message though.:( Man I suck...

And thesage, the dsmash YYG requires you to YYG with the dsmash (duh) and get hit to cancel the animation. The SYYG requires charging a yo-yo offstage for a while. Totally different. So if we figure this out (and hopfully get a grasp on easier timing) this will prove better than the YYG since all it requires is a ledge.

EDIT: Has anyone see my nailcutter? My toenails are solong now that when I sleep, they scratch the bottom of my blanket. :urg: Really uncomfortable.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok....Rhyme you get a quiz. by "the smae thing" i was comparing EB360 to Creepy Steeple Boo.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Once we know how to SYYG, it will probably be
banned
... think about what it can do. AND, you don't need to hit an opponent.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That's why we keep it nice and low...

Nice and low

Lower

Shhhh...

Well, there are ways around the YYG if it is ever used. Ths is the same deal just with longer effects right? Except for maybe to instant death throw. If it is banned, I'm still using it in friendlies :)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Finally, I have read every single page and I have become enlightened.

An important factor that people haven't considered about the yyg is teleporting. No, not teleporting your enemy by grabbing them. In the first couple of pages in the faq LonelyNess talks about this. Someone else also reports this side effect of the yyg. For some reason the topic was dropped and was never discussed again. Was lonelyness lying? We'll never know unless someone can contact him. If anyone has any way to contact him about his findings on teleporting as well as seeing multiple pk flashes (i'm going to try this out tommorow) please try to talk to him.

I have another theory on how to drop another hitbox. Couldn't you wavedash towards the edge, then while wavedashing charge the yo-yo. When you hit the edge the teeter animation should cancel out the yo-yo. I'm not sure if there are enough frames for Ness to be able to pull out the yo-yo and start charging it, before hitting the edge.

BTW, after equipping a jacket on a real match, even after I used it up, I noticed that the amount of ghost-hits in the match rised noticeably. Could someone pm the codes to see the hitboxes in AR. I have all these codes, but none of them mentions this.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
If the teetering animation does cancel the yoyo, this is OYM's theory:
YYG, equip a Jacket, WD to yoyo to teeter-cancel... this should drop the trapbox OFF of the edge, causing unusual YYG effects. But without equipping the Jacket, the yoyo wouldn't drop another trapbox.

Can anyone verify this for me? I'm too lazy right now... I'll try it tomorrow. It would be really funny/surreal/creepy if I am correct O_O

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I didn't know that a yoyo could be cancelled by teetering animation. I don't know what happens when a trapbox is placed so that it is floating over open space (with no ground beneath). It's probably all useless.

btw, I'm sorry, thesage, if it looked like I was stealing your idea: I'm not. Besides, it's all in the public domain.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you can't yyg the ice climbers icicles right?

and where do I get annoying's test?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
pm me.

i doubt you can, unless you mean the destructable ice blocks on IC mtn.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that I charged the yoyo off the stage to do SYYG. o.O
I dont remember how though. :( I need to start video recording my dreams in case they are important.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
you can't yyg the ice climbers icicles right?

and where do I get annoying's test?
Yes, you can YYG the Icy's while they are together, but it is very hard. YYGing just one Icy is hard.

Finally, I have read every single page and I have become enlightened.

An important factor that people haven't considered about the yyg is teleporting. No, not teleporting your enemy by grabbing them. In the first couple of pages in the faq LonelyNess talks about this. Someone else also reports this side effect of the yyg. For some reason the topic was dropped and was never discussed again. Was lonelyness lying? We'll never know unless someone can contact him. If anyone has any way to contact him about his findings on teleporting as well as seeing multiple pk flashes (i'm going to try this out tommorow) please try to talk to him.
The teleporting thing was never fully discovered. I read about that too. I tried asking about it, but it seemed that no one could help me. So I guess we'll never figure this out if it is real :ohwell:.

I have another theory on how to drop another hitbox. Couldn't you wavedash towards the edge, then while wavedashing charge the yo-yo. When you hit the edge the teeter animation should cancel out the yo-yo. I'm not sure if there are enough frames for Ness to be able to pull out the yo-yo and start charging it, before hitting the edge.
From what I see, the teeter animation wont cancel the yo-yo if you already charging it when you get there.

BTW, after equipping a jacket on a real match, even after I used it up, I noticed that the amount of ghost-hits in the match rised noticeably. Could someone pm the codes to see the hitboxes in AR. I have all these codes, but none of them mentions this.
If you keep cancelling 1 hitbox moves (aka the jacketable ones), the next hitbox usedwill be a ghost hit again. Use a jab or dtilt right after a YYG then you can use any attack afterwards. Or you can go straight to a fair or dash attack.

I had a dream last night that I charged the yoyo off the stage to do SYYG. o.O
I dont remember how though. :( I need to start video recording my dreams in case they are important.
Same here.:psycho:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
no like the IC's B move. Oh and a new idea, can you yyg someone in an ice block. Like when they are frozen? In the icicle.

i think IC's and ness make a great team. I'll prlly put up my ideas on it later.

Top Bottom