• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WORST character for Brawl...............

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
So...does this mean you're against having Rabbids in SSBB? They're generic, but they have LOADS of personality. Ignoring the fact that they are 3rd party, they would be awesome in Brawl. So much to work with, there's almost no way to go wrong with them.

T-major

Smash Champion
Toad's had his own game
I don't remember that... got any linkage to some info on said game?

So...does this mean you're against having Rabbids in SSBB? They're generic, but they have LOADS of personality. Ignoring the fact that they are 3rd party, they would be awesome in Brawl. So much to work with, there's almost no way to go wrong with them.
yes, I am against them. sure, they are awsome and wacky characters. but, like Toad's, they serve no major purpose outside of generic enemies/NPC's, and have no individual personality. I don't care if the character would be awsome. they could be the most incredible character in the game, but if they don't deserve to be there in the first place, I don't want them. there are characters that I support, that I neither like, nor have any desire to play as if they made it into Brawl. I support them because they deserve it, not because I think they would be awsome.

The worst character for Brawl [without being something really stupid] is Blaziken. Seriously.

haha mspaint
why? I personly don't support Blaziken, but compared to some other characters, he's not even close to being a bad choice.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Eh, I was going more for "Most overrated character for Brawl" I guess... However, he is a bad choice. Wanting a character in Brawl just for looks what. And besides everything that should not be taken seriously [random Pokemon, real-life icons etc], would you mind naming me some characters that are worse than Blaziken?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, I find suggestions these days are ridiculous. We are starting to turn into Nsider Forums (their SSB forum is spammed beyond recognition and repair) every character from every Nintendo game and his grandmom is being suggested now.

Listen up guys:
Just because you made a moveset doesn't mean your character is the most deserving character in the whole world.

Another thing that bothers me is when people say 'well, my character was there for X number of games so he/she should be in'. Just like T-Major said, Goombas have been in since the beginning so are we going to let them in?

T-major

Smash Champion
Eh, I was going more for "Most overrated character for Brawl" I guess... However, he is a bad choice. Wanting a character in Brawl just for looks what. And besides everything that should not be taken seriously [random Pokemon, real-life icons etc], would you mind naming me some characters that are worse than Blaziken?
acualy, from what I've seen people support Blaziken because he/she would have interesting moves, and because he/she is popular. granted that Blaziken looks pretty cool in my opinion, thats not the mian reason people want him/her in. I don't support Blaziken because it's a starter Pokemon. in the games you get to choose what Pokemon to start out with, so putting Blaziken in Brawl would be like saying "this is the offical stater pokemon for Ruby/Saphire!)

as for characters worse then Blaziken... Tetris Block Man?

Kirye

Smash Ace
I personally don't support Blaziken, on account of the many Pokemon already in Brawl. Granted, if they removed Pichu or Mewtwo, then it'd be fine to replace em, but does anyone really want more than 4 pokemon if Brawl will truly only have 40 characters at most? It's a theory, not fact, but one way or another, we already have alot of Pokemon in the game, leave some room for other deserving characters, i'm sure if you looked at copyright issues, and who's been on Nintendo, you could really find some characters that fit into Brawl, and are Nintendo, or somewhat Nintendo-owned, characters.

Not bashing Blaziken or any other Pokemon really, I think he looks cool, even though I started with Treeko.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
T-Major, I just remembered something that might be pertinent to the Toad discussion.

Yoshi is more or less a generic character. There are tons of Yoshis, who live on Yoshi Island. Their race is called Yoshi, so he doesn't really have his own name either. Just something to think about.

T-major

Smash Champion
T-Major, I just remembered something that might be pertinent to the Toad discussion.

Yoshi is more or less a generic character. There are tons of Yoshis, who live on Yoshi Island. Their race is called Yoshi, so he doesn't really have his own name either. Just something to think about.
tuche. but, unlike Toad, Yoshi is acualy important to the series. in fact, in SSB they don't even count him as a Mario character, they count him as a representative of his own games (Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 2, ect.). true, he might be generic. but he's important, and has stared in his own games since his apearence in Super Mario World. Toad has been nothing but an NPC for the majority of the Mario games, and a filler character for the Sports games. in would be like adding a towns person from Zelda (Error FTW?), or Waluigi.

T-major

Smash Champion
Toad starred in Wario's Woods as the main character...
didn't know that. the games called "Wario's Woods", so I just assumed it would star Wario. and one game isn't the majority of Mario games. in almost every Mario game (besides one) Toads are nothing but NPC's and filler characters. Yoshis are normaly playable characters (even in games that they don't star in), and have stared in enough games to have them classified as a representative of there own games.

marthsword

Smash Ace
You cannot pick a worst character, it's too broad. A character could be anything or anyone from anywhere. It's far too broad.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
didn't know that. the games called "Wario's Woods", so I just assumed it would star Wario. and one game isn't the majority of Mario games. in almost every Mario game (besides one) Toads are nothing but NPC's and filler characters. Yoshis are normaly playable characters (even in games that they don't star in), and have stared in enough games to have them classified as a representative of there own games.
Yeah, Wario is the villian and Toad is hero. But its a tetris game so I don't really count that as a big role, but I guess toad fans would.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
tuche. but, unlike Toad, Yoshi is acualy important to the series. in fact, in SSB they don't even count him as a Mario character, they count him as a representative of his own games (Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 2, ect.). true, he might be generic. but he's important, and has stared in his own games since his apearence in Super Mario World. Toad has been nothing but an NPC for the majority of the Mario games, and a filler character for the Sports games. in would be like adding a towns person from Zelda (Error FTW?), or Waluigi.
Ganon and Zelda are NPC's in every Zelda game so far. Should they be axed? No, because they're important. And Toad is just as important to his franchise. He's been playable many times, even outside of the sports titles, and is every bit a staple to the Mario world as Ganon is to Zelda or Pikachu to pokemon. As for the whole 'generic' thing, that's not true at all. Yes, there are several toads, but there is still a specific one who happens to be named 'Toad,' just as there is one yoshi name Yoshi. He's the one that you play as in SMB2, and you see see and meet in him in most other Mario games. There are plenty of toads, but only one Toad. You follow?

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
The worst character for Brawl [without being something really stupid] is Blaziken. Seriously.

haha mspaint
:laugh: :laugh: I think I love you. XD You are probably one of a few people I've met that seriously thinks Blaziken is a bad choice for Brawl.

Here are FIVE common statements about why Blaziken should be in Brawl... and my arguments against them.

1) "OMFGZORZ H3 I5 T3H M057 PWNAGE CAHRATCER 3V3r!11!!!!1!111!! H3 I5 2 C00l!!!1!!!11111!!"
.... Come on, he's not really THAT cool. The newbies that want him in b/c he "looks cool" are typically the same 11-year-old Halo fanboys that want Master Chief in as well. What's so great about a hairy, red chicken with martial arts knowledge and pyrotechnics?

2) "But he's an important character in the series!"
True, he's the evolved form of Torchic, one of the starters in R/S/E. But so were Treecko and Mudkip. That makes them equally important too. Anime-wise, yes, he was the main Poke'mon of Haruka/May. But Ash/Satoshi owned Sceptile, and he's more important than her- even if Sceptile got less screen time. And Brock/Takeshi has a Marshtomp and he's clearly more important than Haruka/May if he's been around for more seasons- even if Marshtomp didn't fully evolve and has also had less screentime than both Blaziken and Sceptile.
In addition, we don't really need too many more Poke'mon for Brawl- maybe just one more to replace Pichu. If anything, the more human-like Poke'mon considered legendary and/or important enough to get their own movie have the best shots of getting in. Mewtwo (Almost put in SSB, was in Melee, status unknown for Brawl), Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Lucario are some examples- but I'd stick with Deoxys and a returning Mewtwo for Brawl.

3) "Come on, he's a totally deserving starter Poke'mon!"
No he isn't! What happened to Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium, Sceptile, Swampert, and the other starters (Can't think of the names) from D/P? There are many retro trainers and newer trainers that would want to see their prized Poke'mon make it into Brawl. No matter what generation, if one starter got in, then the other two would have to be in as well, and that would be too much trouble to go through- especially for the ones that stand on all-fours, such as Venusaur and Meganium.

4) "Well, he's the strongest and most popular of the Ruby starters!"
Absolutely not! If you were to compare the types of Poke'mon used by Gym Leaders and the Elite Four to the types of the three starters- Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken (Fire/Fighting), Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile (Grass), and Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert (Water/Ground)- you would actually find that Torchic was the WEAKEST of the starters. Mudkip is actually the STRONGEST of the three. I'm pretty sure Mudkip wins in popularity too, but I think Torchic is second. No one likes the ugly Wood Gecko Poke'mon.:p

5) "But if he was in Brawl, he'd be a totally unique fighter!"
*sigh* Here's the third time I've made this argument- what type of Poke'mon is Blaziken? Mainly fire, yes? Now juxtapose the roster of Melee for the debate- Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ness, Kirby, Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Link, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, and Roy all have fire worked into their moveset in some way, shape, or form (such as explosions or bombs). And if you count the dark purple fire- then throw in Ganondorf and Mewtwo to that list. Oh but wait, he's a fist fighter too- so he also shares in common with Doc, DK, and pretty much the other fire-users. So, I'm certain he'll look unique amidst Yoshi, the Ice Climbers, Pichu, Pikachu, and Marth.

--------------

It's here that I must make a confession- I'm probably sounding hypocritical for this debate, because I would like a starter Poke'mon in Brawl, even though I realize it won't happen, but... I would want Swampert in Brawl. Looking back at argument #5, I ask you, how many water-elemental users can you spot on that list?

None. Well, unless you count the Ice Climbers and their ice, Mr. GAW's oil spills, or the saliva that might remain on one of Yoshi or Kirby's opponents after being swallowed or "eggified".

In addition to that, there's also the point made in argument 3- I have been a dedicated trainer for 9 years- from starting out with Bulbasaur and Charmander on Red and Blue (respectively) to now with Sapphire, and -that's right- a Swampert of my very own. Her name is Miko, and while I may sound like a die-hard Poke'nerd, she's very precious to me (along with my other Poke'mon). But because Miko was my starter, that's probably the biggest reason I would want Swampert in- even if it is just personal.

But yeah... Blaziken FTL. Bad choice. BTW, that was a totally great picture, Dokuro. +rep. ;)

T-major

Smash Champion
Ganon and Zelda are NPC's in every Zelda game so far. Should they be axed? No, because they're important. And Toad is just as important to his franchise. He's been playable many times, even outside of the sports titles, and is every bit a staple to the Mario world as Ganon is to Zelda or Pikachu to pokemon. As for the whole 'generic' thing, that's not true at all. Yes, there are several toads, but there is still a specific one who happens to be named 'Toad,' just as there is one yoshi name Yoshi. He's the one that you play as in SMB2, and you see see and meet in him in most other Mario games. There are plenty of toads, but only one Toad. You follow?
I follow, but I'm still not convinced... you didn't acualy explain to me why he's important. you just said that he was playabe in a few games... he was playable in two games! one was a puzzle game, which isn't that important or well known. so it dosn't count. that leaves one game he was in, which is SMB2. and one game dosn't merit a spot in Brawl. for every other game, "Toad" either wasn't in the game, wasn't important, and/or was a filler character. nothing more. unless you can provide examples as to how/why he's important, then my opinion still stands.

dvt

Smash Cadet
if someone put god in there, that would kind of suck (overpowered-wise). than again, if he sucks as a character, than there's be a bunch of complaints from uptight christians. so God would be the worst character to put on SSBB imo.

(sorry i don't have a pic of him lawl)

Kirye

Smash Ace
if someone put god in there, that would kind of suck (overpowered-wise). than again, if he sucks as a character, than there's be a bunch of complaints from uptight christians. so God would be the worst character to put on SSBB imo.

(sorry i don't have a pic of him lawl)
Lmao, as nihilist as I am, that makes ALOT of sense to me. XD

As for the Toad lovers, can I just simply ask one question?.. Why?

I know he's been in alot of games, whoop de ****ing doo, he's a main character in the Mario franchise.. again, whoop de ****ing doo, now let's sum this up somewhere. WHY, would you want him in Brawl? He's a mushroom for gods sake! It's a ****** with a shroom hat! What the hell kind of fanboy loves Toad? There are so many more characters that would be a bright up in Brawl, people that stand out, but Toad? Can't we just leave him as a human shield for Peach and go on? I mean, there's a reason Toad was never in Melee or the original smash when he's been around since the NES, because he's a horrible character and he doesn't fit.

Just because someone is "important" doesn't mean they fit in Brawl. It's their physique and nature of the character that makes them valuable to a game similar to Smash Bros.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
If they can make the Ice Climbers work in Smash, they can make anyone work in Smash. I'm not going to count someone out just because "they don't look like they could handle it."

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Because Toad is the original generic character! IMO, he's also the best generic character. And I think it's about time he recieved some more stage time. It's been a while since Mario Kart...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't remember that... got any linkage to some info on said game?
Wario's Woods it was avaliable in Animal Crossing, it was released on both NES and SNES.

Toad's got pathetic range by the looks of it. Besides, what's Peach going to use to parry?
Toadsworth or Anger Vibe
I know he's been in alot of games, whoop de ****ing doo, he's a main character in the Mario franchise.. again, whoop de ****ing doo, now let's sum this up somewhere. WHY, would you want him in Brawl? He's a mushroom for gods sake! It's a ****** with a shroom hat! What the hell kind of fanboy loves Toad? There are so many more characters that would be a bright up in Brawl, people that stand out, but Toad? Can't we just leave him as a human shield for Peach and go on? I mean, there's a reason Toad was never in Melee or the original smash when he's been around since the NES, because he's a horrible character and he doesn't fit.
Well he's adorably cute, he's lovable and he kicks butt in Mario Kart.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toad isn't a bad choice! It's just the fact that we already have so god**** many Mario characters. Now with the addition of Wario (and almost 100% guranteed cut of Dr.Mario) I think Toad is the most deserving Mario character to join the Brawl.

Sure we still have the odd characters as Paper Mario... But Toad is a far more important chararacter in the Mario franchise. I myself wouldn't like Toad as a playable character, but he's the only other Mario character I'd accept. To hell with Daisy, Waluigi and Petey ****ing Piranha!

splat

Smash Lord
this thread is seriously going to start a flame war.. :)

but just for the fun of it, birdo would be hell. same goes for daisy.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
We don't need anymore Mario characters the more characters you try to bring in from a franchise the faster it gets stale. I would have said 'look as Mario Party, at it's 7th (or 8th) sequel it's stale' but it got stale for a different reason.

If it's one thing I liked about SSBM is that it had diversity, when I played it and unlocked Marth I was like who the hell is Marth? Same with Roy and Ness (I never new where Ness came from)

There shouldn't be more than 5 characters from the same series because that makes the game like one-sided. Imagine getting all of the characters SSBB only to find out that 15 (out of about 40) characters are pokemon. It would feel like SSB Pokemon or something.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
^ I've been saying this since there was only one thread on this. McFox has pointed out Mario is Nin's mascot and sells games, but with a history as rich and varied as Nin's is, they can pull from so many other places that having more than six Mario chars would be a waste of space.

Now having said that, Waluigi would be more interesting to play than Toad; but I'd still rather see more Metroid chars.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Metroid is a good series, I like it more than Mario but we haven't seen many additions from Metroid other than the screw attack and Zero Suit Samus. I'm not a Ridley or Dark Samus supporter or hater but I think those 2 could be nice additions. It would be hard to make DS a clone because it uses phazon so it's a bit more versatile.

Anyway back on topic I think 3rd party characters have the most potential to be the worst. So I'll just say any 3rd party character.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
We don't need anymore Mario characters the more characters you try to bring in from a franchise the faster it gets stale. I would have said 'look as Mario Party, at it's 7th (or 8th) sequel it's stale' but it got stale for a different reason.

If it's one thing I liked about SSBM is that it had diversity, when I played it and unlocked Marth I was like who the hell is Marth? Same with Roy and Ness (I never new where Ness came from)

There shouldn't be more than 5 characters from the same series because that makes the game like one-sided. Imagine getting all of the characters SSBB only to find out that 15 (out of about 40) characters are pokemon. It would feel like SSB Pokemon or something.
This is probably the only anti-Toad reason I can agree with. As of now, there are 4 Mario characters, but I think I could excuse one more, if it was a reference to the old school games. Someone that no one was expecting (this is not exclusive to Toad).

Gale_Ice

Smash Rookie
google logo

book of mormon
Lol
but instead of the book itself how bout some of the people from it
SSBB could have
Nephi
Helaman
Moroni
and Mormon

(But as cool as those guys are they don't belong in a fighting game :p )

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I have another worst character, Master chief.
True. Very true. And although I still like the guys, don't forget Cloud, Vincent Valentine, and Sephiroth.

Oh, and let's not forget all the alter-ego/clone characters: Dark Samus, Blood Falcon, Paper Mario, Dark Link, Dark Meta Knight, Shadow Mario, FLUDD Mario, Vacuum Luigi, etc.

I originally thought Toad would be a bad idea too, but reading some debates here have changed my mind... now I'm just sort of neutral to the guy. Just no Toadette, please. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah Toadette is a big no no.

Ryu, Ken, Chun Li or anyone from street fighter that matter is a bad choice.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Anyone from any fighting series. I can't even believe people suggest them....it's just so.......not good.

And another to add to the list....Pac-Man...

Gale_Ice

Smash Rookie
True. Very true. And although I still like the guys, don't forget Cloud, Vincent Valentine, and Sephiroth.

Oh, and let's not forget all the alter-ego/clone characters: Dark Samus, Blood Falcon, Paper Mario, Dark Link, Dark Meta Knight, Shadow Mario, FLUDD Mario, Vacuum Luigi, etc.

I originally thought Toad would be a bad idea too, but reading some debates here have changed my mind... now I'm just sort of neutral to the guy. Just no Toadette, please. :)
I hate clone characters, so annoying, and yes I would hate to have any FF character in here (though I still think they are freakin awesome they just don't belong).

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I have to say
RAIDEN

Just because Snake's in SSBB doesn't mean he needs a clone.
Keep it plain and Nintendoey.

( btw I had to find the gayest pic of Raiden through google.) >.> don't hate me hate the artist.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i'm about 75% sure (by good ol assuming of course) that Sonic will be brawl so i'd have to say Metal Sonic would be the worst choice. as many of you have said, we really dont need many more clones. plus SSBB does need to be preserved as a mostly Nintendo-character based game. although it would be cool if Knuckles could be put in as well for obvious reason...he's a certified badass brawler

Top Bottom