• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WORST character for Brawl...............

Kirye

Smash Ace
Toad and Olimer aren't illogical. The other three on the other hand are.
Olimer wasn't specifically that great either. If anything, you could compare him to Red, who was pretty much just the breeder of sorts, in which case he was considered illogical.

As for Toad, he's a human-mushroom face shield for Peach, that's about as special as he'd ever be considered in Smash Bros. Toad has been in a few games, but really he does kind of seem out of the loop in terms of being a playable character.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Why are there marth haters and where talking about characters guys <.< not real peeps but yea and who just flamed Jay-Z +_+ best rapper of all time leave him alone please XD . worst character whould be Pong.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
As for Toad, he's a human-mushroom face shield for Peach, that's about as special as he'd ever be considered in Smash Bros. Toad has been in a few games, but really he does kind of seem out of the loop in terms of being a playable character.
That's part of the reason it'd be so awesome to have him :grin: I do doubt that he will get in, but IMO, he's not a bad canidate.

I mean, I'm sure at first, people would've though the Ice Climbers were a terrible idea, and voted against them, but they turned out to be pretty nice. So I wouldn't count someone out just because they seem unlikely. Them boys o'er at Nintendo are pretty smart.

And to add another to the list:
Any character from any fighting game. People need to stop suggesting them ><

Kirye

Smash Ace
Why are there marth haters and where talking about characters guys <.< not real peeps but yea and who just flamed Jay-Z +_+ best rapper of all time leave him alone please XD . worst character whould be Pong.
He may be the best rapper, but if you remember, all rappers suck in the end. =O

R.A.P = ******* attempting poetry

And lol, I can see Pong as a G&W kind of character. XD

That's part of the reason it'd be so awesome to have him I do doubt that he will get in, but IMO, he's not a bad canidate.

I mean, I'm sure at first, people would've though the Ice Climbers were a terrible idea, and voted against them, but they turned out to be pretty nice. So I wouldn't count someone out just because they seem unlikely. Them boys o'er at Nintendo are pretty smart.
Eh, true I guess. I'm not much a fan of IC, but I do admit they really changed from their NES counterpart, so Nintendo did do a good job on that. I dunno, I mean if they put in Toad, i'm not gonna be like "WTFZORS?! *throws control at TV and slits wrist*", as long as they have at the very least King DeDeDe, Wolf, Ridley, or Vaati, i'll be happy with any of them, and i'll just see Toad on the side as "Lol.. Toad.."

And yes, for the love of god, stop asking for street fighter or Mortal Kombat characters! >.<

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The main character from Harvest Moon. What can he do? Throw seeds at them? Ima going catch you with my fishin' pole!

Eaode

Smash Champion
What's with pong hate?

Here's a moveset for you.

B: Pong ball. Shoots a bouncing pong ball at you (like mario's fireballs). it'll bounce back off of stuff it hits.

>B: Laser. Not a part of pong but a staple of breakout, this move would fire a laser straight ahead. anyone hit by this laser will be stunned for one second. As a drawback, this move has a very slow fire rate (1 per 3 seconds)

vB: Enlarge. Pong paddle will grow to twice its original size, and increase in weight, also slightly decreasing in speed. His ower also minutely increases. This lasts for 10 seconds, but you can only use it once per stock.

^B: Speed boost. Pong paddle will launch high into the air, hitting opponents on the way up (like G&W)

His moves will be misc, and many of them would bounce opponents away.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
If we're doing pong, there are better canidates who can have the same moves. I don't remember what the name of the game is, but it's a breakout clone where you play as a little guy holding a paddle, bouncing balls up at bricks. It was for either the SNES or NES...I can't remember which...

OuiCaVa11

Smash Cadet

wisp

myspace tom

2 of hearts

Kenny G

guitar hero controller

bratwurst

google logo

book of mormon

any female character (everyone knows females are the weaker sex[and marth is just a sissy])

And that's just to name a few.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate when people say '(insert female character here) should be in brawl because there aren't many of them'.

Well there aren't many gay characters in brawl so should we start suggesting them? I think they already started with Tingle...

beebee

Smash Apprentice

wisp

myspace tom

2 of hearts

Kenny G

guitar hero controller

bratwurst

google logo

book of mormon

any female character (everyone knows females are the weaker sex[and marth is just a sissy])

And that's just to name a few.
I like Marth peach zelda and sheik are my main characters.
hes one of the my main characters!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Because I'm a nice guy, and am willing to respond, I will. Whoever it was who repped me, and simultaneously asked about a link to the place where some guy suggested Andy Milonakis: I would, but the problem is that the admin of the site fell in love with a video game character, went crazy, banned all of his members, and locked the forum away from anybody but himself. Sorry.

Aesir

Smash Master
miis wuold be a good idea in brawl if for online play there was a lobby of sorts. <_<

anyway bad character ideas? geno.

*waits for the flames to come in*

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Waluigi I would dislike seeing in Brawl. Waluigi has only apperead in the Sport and Mario franchises where he isn't the most popular character, light weights like Toad and Yoshi are usually more popular (keep in mind I only own the Mario Karts). I just generally dislike the whole idea of Waluigi as a whole I mean wow evil purple Luigi. Just because Wario is in doesn't mean Waluigi should be too. Wario is representing one of his franchises Wario Ware (and may also represent Wario Land we don't know most of his moveset at this time) Waluigi has not even cameod or been mentioned in Wario Ware I think that shows that Nintendo doesn't like Waluigi, keep in mind it's Camelot and Hudson that has been using Waluigi Not Nintendo directly. Waluigi would also have to contend with a series with lots of great characters such as Toad who has been a series staple for over twenty years and Bowser Jr who is the second most recurring Mario villain right after Bowser, I doubt they will add three new Mario characters any way so I don't think Waluigi will be in.

I like Toad, he's adorable plus he has been a series staple for 20+ years now, he deserves it.

You're not funny.

Toad isn't awsome. he's generic, and serves no inportant purpose to the Mario series besides being a species that replaces humans, and a filler character in the sports games. they don't even refer to him by a name... just "Toad", which is the name of the species he belongs to. and it has nothing to do with moves. it's the fact that he's a stupid character that dosn't deserve to be in.
The species is actually called Mushroom people or something like that or at least that's what they were called in Super Mario RPG and I haven't heard them use Toad as a generic name but rather to define a single character

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Then we can all watch as Smash goes from one of Nintendo's best to one of Nintendo's kiddiest (because of Miis). I have enough trouble being a Nintendo fan, the last thing I (possiblilty other people) need are a bunch of kids replacing enemies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Then we can all watch as Smash goes from one of Nintendo's best to one of Nintendo's kiddiest (because of Miis). I have enough trouble being a Nintendo fan, the last thing I (possiblilty other people) need are a bunch of kids replacing enemies.
The game is already plent "Kiddy" it has Pokemon and a pink puffball it isn't too serious.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It can't get worst than Miis, sure Pokemon is kinda kiddy and so is Kirby, but Miis? They look like something out of a Discovery Kids show. If Miis come in SSBB there better be insanely awesome and robust online because there is no way in hell my friends will play a game with Miis in it.

Duo Maxwell

Smash Rookie
It can't get worst than Miis, sure Pokemon is kinda kiddy and so is Kirby, but Miis? They look like something out of a Discovery Kids show. If Miis come in SSBB there better be insanely awesome and robust online because there is no way in hell my friends will play a game with Miis in it.
Will your friends play Wii Sports?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well your friends sound like close minded people like you, Miis could have the potential to be fun charcters, who gives a **** if they make the game look childish, Pokemon is more kiddy than Miis will ever be. Because of that horrible TV show Pokemon has been labelled as "kiddy" forever and Kirby is a pink puffball, he isn't even the slightest bit realistic not even a tiny bit, Miis are at least human shaped. So if Miis are in or not in the eyes of close minded people (like your friends) and Sony and XBOX fanboys this game will be "Kiddy"

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow, are you gonna rip my head off for having an opinion now? And if I was *really* close minded to you think I would be here? Dude the game has Pokemon in it but I still play it, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

@ Duo, I highly doubt it, that's why I said SSBB better have awesome online because hardly anyone who is not a nerd (yeah I said it, and I'm proud) like me will play it, which will mean I have to train on level 1s computers to get better.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm not ripping your head off, I just don't understand how you think that Miis are more kiddy than Pokemon and Kirby.
If you are unwilling to accept something like Miis than you're pretty close minded

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know why either, I guess the only way I would accept Miis was if all of the old characters came back or if really awesome new characters (I don't have any in mind) came in. I would tick me off to know that Miis replaced an old favorite.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say anyone is getting replaced in Brawl. Some are being taken out, some are being included, but I wouldn't call anyone "replaced." It's fair if you don't like the fact that Mii's got in, and one of your favorite characters didn't, but I don't see how that could totally ruin the game for you.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It wouldn't (ruin the game for me), but the main problem is half of the people around here are so narrow minded they won't even look at a Nintendo product, so can you imagine how hard it must be to find someone who doesn't mind playing a game with a few kiddy characters? If anything, their narrow-mindedness has rubbed off on me.

T-major

Smash Champion
The species is actually called Mushroom people or something like that or at least that's what they were called in Super Mario RPG and I haven't heard them use Toad as a generic name but rather to define a single character
I'm preety sure they've been called "Toad's" in a majority of there games. in fact, in Paper Mario, "Toad" is the last name for every Toad (or mushroom person). heck, the town they live in is even called "Toad Town", that alone pretty much lables their speices as "Toad's".

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm preety sure they've been called "Toad's" in a majority of there games. in fact, in Paper Mario, "Toad" is the last name for every Toad (or mushroom person). heck, the town they live in is even called "Toad Town", that alone pretty much lables their speices as "Toad's".
I don't actually like the mario series so I don't always know these things, I do however know that Toad has been a mario series staple for over 20 years so he deserves to be in.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't actually like the mario series so I don't always know these things, I do however know that Toad has been a mario series staple for over 20 years so he deserves to be in.
so has a goomba. does that mean he should be in? no.

really, the Toad species' only real purpose is to take the place of humans in the Mario universe. they have been nothing but generic NPC's from the beginning (except SMB2. but thats not a real Mario game anyways), and serve no importance besides telling Mario that "the princess is in another castle". I have nothing agianst a Toad getting in, but only if it's a Toad that has some significance. not the generic nameless Toad. Toadswroth is the only Toad that I would accept, because he has a personality all his own, importance to the series, and a name.

Top Bottom