• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wolf Board Interview Thread! (Tekkie :3)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What proof do you have that you like asian girls more than I do? (being asian and therefore hanging out with almost all asian people doesn't count as proof btw)

I see what you did there. Do you see what I did there?

Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or other asian?

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Crap you're fast. You didn't bear roll the answers to my first set of questions btw xD

What math courses did you take throughout college and which ones would you consider actually important/useful? I run into a lot of math stuff that I feel is wasting my time... :x

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hm... I see about the asian-american thing. But impossible is nothing >:O If only turkish-americans weren't so weird lol. What would you say the asian-american culture like?

I'm re-taking calc3 this semester along with intro to linear algebra, next semester is diff eq. For a major I'm thinking mechanical engineering, materials science engineering, and/or neuroscience. Any math suggestions?

It's just that regardless of how it teaches you to think, there are computers for almost all of these computations in the professional field ;___; like, don't get me wrong I feel like math is important for thinking but going into proofs and other really abstract things just feels... unnecessary for 99.9% of the population. Also, did you do PUTNAM?

So you don't believe me then?

Can you remove the second animated gif in your sig? I'm not even kidding, it's making my computer lag xD

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Hm... I see about the asian-american thing. But impossible is nothing >:O If only turkish-americans weren't so weird lol. What would you say the asian-american culture like?

I'm re-taking calc3 this semester along with intro to linear algebra, next semester is diff eq. For a major I'm thinking mechanical engineering, materials science engineering, and/or neuroscience. Any math suggestions?

It's just that regardless of how it teaches you to think, there are computers for almost all of these computations in the professional field ;___; like, don't get me wrong I feel like math is important for thinking but going into proofs and other really abstract things just feels... unnecessary for 99.9% of the population. Also, did you do PUTNAM?

So you don't believe me then?

Can you remove the second animated gif in your sig? I'm not even kidding, it's making my computer lag xD

Okay when i say asian american basically our parents went to undergrad college from the place they are from, came to united states for grad school, had kids and basically was super strict caz thats how their parents were. And us asian american kids had to balance american culture with their parent's culture. Our parents made us pretty good at math, and basically getting below a 750 on the math part of the SAT is considered a shame.

i got a 4.0 in all those classes. Mechanical engineers take physics dont they? I can see differential equations being useful for that class. Linear algebra may be useful because usually those classes require you to use some kind ofmathematical software which will be useful for mechanical engineering. Calc 3 is useful too just because it'll help you truly understand calculus instead of just knowing how to do the problems.

yes there are software that can do almost anything mathematically, but it's obviously better to be able to understand what the software is actually doing. I'll agree that those proofs aren't important in the long run vs knowing how to do the problems. However, if you don't truly understand the math behind the software, you cannot utilize the software that well

what is putnam?

dont believe what?

yeah i can remove it

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Did someone ever bear roll you? Which in turn made you start to bear roll everyone else?

What is your favorite match of urself in tourny?

Who is the best wolf you've played in the ditto?

what is wolfs hardest MU in your opinion?

how do u make money?

if you answer the above question good, can you teach me to make money like you too?

what are you going to be for halloween?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
My parents are basically the same lmao. I think that's a general case for parents that come to the US from a less developed country tbh (strictness and focus on math), it's just that asians as a whole are the most prominent group. What's your favorite thing about american culture?

Believe that I know about why your name is castorpollux :o

How are you a math major that doesn't know about Putnam?!?! It's that college math competition thing, basically. I'm probably going to start working on it next semester in attempts of beating my friend that actually tried to be good at math in high school lol. Have you ever entered any other math competitions before?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why do you know so many Joe's and Kevin's? (Example: me, choice, bizkit, turtle)

What if the women you marry becomes fobby overtime?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
pizza hut, dominos, or lil ceasars?

burger king, wendys, or mcd's?

i love where this interview is going

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Very important question...In terms of level of troll, how close on a scale of 1-10 are you to Dmbrandon and EEvisu's level? 10 being at their level. 5 being half as good. 1 being awful troll.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Did someone ever bear roll you? Which in turn made you start to bear roll everyone else?

What is your favorite match of urself in tourny?

Who is the best wolf you've played in the ditto?

what is wolfs hardest MU in your opinion?

how do u make money?

if you answer the above question good, can you teach me to make money like you too?

what are you going to be for halloween?
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKRm5JNOrs"]Yes I was originally bear rolled when the game first came out. Basically a bunch of people started trolling because of all tehse stupid "advanced" techniques were coming out (wavedash in brawl anyone?). Anyways this one guy made a thread titled "NEW ADVANCED TECHNIQUE: BAIR DANCING" and it linked to this video [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKRm5JNOrs

i found that hilarious and thought that since wolf uses bair so much, i might as well bring it to the wolf boards.

my favorite match might be that doubles match where i make that 1 v 2 comeback vs fatal and koolaid. It was my favorite because a lot of people were watching (nj/ny was actually there too) and everyone cheered for me when i made that comeback. Otherwise i don't really like tourney matches as much because people are too serious and it sometimes drains the fun.

I'll refrain from recalling wifi matches because i don't gimp wolfs on wifi as easily as i do in real life (and that's a HUGE PART of wolf dittoes). Comparatively, the only wolf that I ever played IRL that beat me more often than i beat him was lucien.

I'd say wolf's hardest matchup would be a wario who truly knows the matchup. However, I do not believe any wario player TRULY knows the matchup.

I tutor math for my school. it makes **** money though

getting ajob is all about being proactive. if you are having a hard time finding a job, you aren't trying hard enough to find one.

i don't knwo what im going to be for halloween yet[/URL][/URL]

castorpollux

Smash Champion
My parents are basically the same lmao. I think that's a general case for parents that come to the US from a less developed country tbh (strictness and focus on math), it's just that asians as a whole are the most prominent group. What's your favorite thing about american culture?

Believe that I know about why your name is castorpollux :o

How are you a math major that doesn't know about Putnam?!?! It's that college math competition thing, basically. I'm probably going to start working on it next semester in attempts of beating my friend that actually tried to be good at math in high school lol. Have you ever entered any other math competitions before?

I generally don't like american culture. I feel people are really low cultured and mean. The whole mixing pot is not true because white people hang out with white people generally. Black people hang out with black people, and asian people hang out with asian people. However, it is a lot more easy going than asian culture.

Yes i believe you do know where castorpollux came from, however I actually came up with it before i met that girl, but it wasn't as special to me as it is now.

Oh i don't compete in math competitions because i don't care about competing with people in math.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why are you posting in gray font all of a sudden?

Is it to get someone to ask another question?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
"what new thing do you think will make wolfs metagame advance to another level?"

forgot to answer this question. When i look at past things that have influenced wolfs metagame a lot, it's usually something that people just overlooked. For instance, chinese DI helps wolfs metagame alot, but QCDI is something that was well known in melee so wolf should have been doing it for a while now (except they havent). Nair combos can actually have been discovered BEFORE THE GAME EVEN CAME OUT IN THE US...

as you can see in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u0QEsrYC_8#t=3m50s

and yet it took us soooooooooo long to figure it out/use it effectively (and I still haven't seen any videos of other wolfs using it effectively)

So basically there isn't many "new things" that will help wolf's metagame advance. We just have to look at what we already have, and see what we can do better with it.

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
How long did it take you to master Wolf? Ever thought about quitting on him?

Have you chosen a secondary? Why/Why not?

(I haven't been to a tounrey yet) Has Wolf ever made top ranking in a tourney? You think he has the potential to rank #1?

You play Wifi often? IF so, could I brawl you in a ditto?

What would you do if you owned a Landmaster tank?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
How long did it take you to master Wolf? Ever thought about quitting on him?

Have you chosen a secondary? Why/Why not?

(I haven't been to a tounrey yet) Has Wolf ever made top ranking in a tourney? You think he has the potential to rank #1?

You play Wifi often? IF so, could I brawl you in a ditto?

What would you do if you owned a Landmaster tank?
I still haven't mastered wolf. I never thought about quitting him because he's my favorite nintendo character

i haven't chosen a secondary because I feel I haven't mastered wolf yet and spending time on a a secondary will take away some of my attention from getting better with wolf

there are wolfs that have won tournaments before. He'll never be the best character unless mario bros becomes a legal stage or if smashballs become legal.

i left my wii in california so i can't play wifi at the moment. i am open to wolf dittoes all the time however

if i owned a landmaster, i would offer it to barracuda drifter. It is too much power for 1 man to have.

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
I too haven't picked up a secondary for this reason.

A perfect day for you?

Legs or breast?

Would you ever use your keen math skills to become a genius in the field of science and lead a revolution in technology?

I look forward to that ditto match one day

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What's your favorite type of chinese food? Mine is cantonese.

What's your favorite type of cookie?

What's you favorite letter?

Where has Turtle been?

Law and order Svu, Ncis, or House?

What's your favorite show?

Do you ever think a Wolf style like Jumpman's could ever work in any area other then Texas?

What do you think about Wolf shad'ing back on stage for recovery choice? Lately a lot of people have been doing that, but I see it as so very punishable upon landing or the AD itself.

Are you pro-ban?

If cg's of all kinds and tilt locks were banned would Wolf be top tier?

Are you good at propagating error using given uncertainties?

How familiar are you with windows 7?

Will you return to the scene one day?

If you could, would you make your name Jenq Jonny instead of Jonny Jenq?

Why does your last name not have a "U" in it when it has a "Q"?

Are my questions as ridiculous as Choice's are going to be?

How do you feel when I or other Wolfs use your tag?

Have you ever used another tag other then CastR or JJ in tourney/MM's/friendlies?

Define "Active Camping"?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Dude, math competitions are the best. They're totally not about math at all lmao, last one I went to was basically lots of alcohol and shower sex. You totally missed out :(

Will you teach me all of your secret Wolf tricks if/when I come up to Bentley? Someone needs to carry on the true spirit of the Barracuda Drifter if you're going to retire :<

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Dude, math competitions are the best. They're totally not about math at all lmao, last one I went to was basically lots of alcohol and shower sex. You totally missed out :(

Will you teach me all of your secret Wolf tricks if/when I come up to Bentley? Someone needs to carry on the true spirit of the Barracuda Drifter if you're going to retire :<

lol wtf really? lemme know when the next time you are going to a putnam event. I'll go and i'll take you up on your free dinner thing. If you do come up to bentley, bring your wii and 2controllers. I'll teach you some of my trixies.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I too haven't picked up a secondary for this reason.

A perfect day for you?

Legs or breast?

Would you ever use your keen math skills to become a genius in the field of science and lead a revolution in technology?

I look forward to that ditto match one day
A day with ishieymoro

i'm a butt person

no, iwould use my math skills to selfishly make myself lots of money.

be sure to remind me to ditto you ;-)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
What's your favorite type of chinese food? Mine is cantonese.

What's your favorite type of cookie?

What's you favorite letter?

Where has Turtle been?

Law and order Svu, Ncis, or House?

What's your favorite show?

Do you ever think a Wolf style like Jumpman's could ever work in any area other then Texas?

What do you think about Wolf shad'ing back on stage for recovery choice? Lately a lot of people have been doing that, but I see it as so very punishable upon landing or the AD itself.

Are you pro-ban?

If cg's of all kinds and tilt locks were banned would Wolf be top tier?

Are you good at propagating error using given uncertainties?

How familiar are you with windows 7?

Will you return to the scene one day?

If you could, would you make your name Jenq Jonny instead of Jonny Jenq?

Why does your last name not have a "U" in it when it has a "Q"?

Are my questions as ridiculous as Choice's are going to be?

How do you feel when I or other Wolfs use your tag?

Have you ever used another tag other then CastR or JJ in tourney/MM's/friendlies?

Define "Active Camping"?
i don't really like chinese food

i like chocolate chip

J

i don't know. i haven't talked to him in forever

HOUSE!

HOUSE!!!

I believe camping is a great strategy. I don't believe jumpman's style of camping is actually effective though

if you up B towards the edge and you shad, you will get landing penalty... so it's kinda risky

I don't really care, but from a game theory point of view, yes he should be banned under the current MLG ruleset

if cgs were banned, wolf would be high tier. metaknight would still be the best

yes

dont know anything about windows 7

i might if i really have nothing tod o on saturday

no i like my name

jonny jenu? wtf?

Choice is afalco main so he wont even come here

I feel honored so feel free to do it

yeah, i used lucien's tag once which was just the default settings lol

dont know what active camping is.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Aww, someone doesn't see me as a lunatic :D

/cocky *** motha****a. I think I have the potential, I just need to bring it out consistently..
lol i had no idea people called you a lunatic. do you actually go around telling people you arethe best?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I meant Jenqu for the question about letters "Q" and "U". Which would be grammatically correct in the english language.

Active- tending to become more severe or wider in scope.

Camping-the act of encamping and living in tents in a camp.

I find this term to basically define how to camp someone with being aggro. In other words, Wolf's basic camping strategy.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
is there a wolf secret you know of that u haven't shared with neone yet?

do u play any other games other than smash?

wut do u do for fun?

favorite smiley?

Top Bottom