• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

tekkie

Smash Master
Question, are those Bdacus's I see or regular Dacus?
both

shiz is legit yo also i messed up dacit so many times, like there was one time i threw downwards on the ground on purpose and the rest were failed dacits rofl i usually have it down easy but johns johns johns etc

TMT

Smash Rookie
@3:50 if you do it fast enough, you don't need to use your up-B. don't know if you know it, but also in other vids I never saw it.

tekkie

Smash Master
@3:50 if you do it fast enough, you don't need to use your up-B. don't know if you know it, but also in other vids I never saw it.
do you have to ledgedrop backwards instead of down or something? ive never bothered learning this rofl

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to, you just have to jump fast enough. The problem is that you blaster pretty high if you do so, so this won't hit smaller chars. And even if you don't get the timing for this, use SideB instead of UpB, then you can choose to scar or not to scar, you can't get edgehogged and you space away after the blaster, which makes this a pretty safe option.

Nice vids T, good job making it to the GFs. You often used SideB or UpB when you didn't need it and the double jump would have been enough. This makes you more vulnerable and you receive the lag of the triple jump glitch next time you land, which really sucks (about 30 frames lol).

Laem

Smash Champion
You don't have to, you just have to jump fast enough. The problem is that you blaster pretty high if you do so, so this won't hit smaller chars. And even if you don't get the timing for this, use SideB instead of UpB, then you can choose to scar or not to scar, you can't get edgehogged and you space away after the blaster, which makes this a pretty safe option.

Nice vids T, good job making it to the GFs. You often used SideB or UpB when you didn't need it and the double jump would have been enough. This makes you more vulnerable and you receive the lag of the triple jump glitch next time you land, which really sucks (about 30 frames lol).
don't flatter me, it was a 13 man tourney :p
without payouts
i should indeed keep the landinglag in mind
Although, if im not mistaken you can just use a bair right before you land and you're rid of it, which almost makes me think you should never allow yourself to get those 30 frames, and just have bairs landinglag (how many frames is that anyway?)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I think that using an aerial to get rid of the extra landing lag slightly extends the landing lag of the aerial, or cuts the time down to ~1/3rd, not sure :x

@ Choice's new vid: Ledge infinites suck. 'Nuff said :x

:059:

Choice

Smash Champion
using an aerial to get rid of landing penalty extends the aerial's lag by 1/10th i think.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why don't Wolves use more Usmash against D3? I think it's Wolf's best ground move in that match-up and I don't see what D3 can punish it with ... maybe dtilt / ftilt can punish a misspaced usmash but that's it.

Laem

Smash Champion
yeah gheb, your post just begs for people to scream GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB

also, the very beginning of that vid reminds me why i sometimes dont bother lasering
they just get powershielded all the time vs certain players xd

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Space it better! :mad088:

And if that doesn't work just usmash into his fat*** back. That'll **** him fo' sure.

Laem

Smash Champion
he can probably still just shield it, dropshield, turn around and grab

Either way
its not worth it, just use aerials

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why don't Wolves use more Usmash against D3? I think it's Wolf's best ground move in that match-up and I don't see what D3 can punish it with ... maybe dtilt / ftilt can punish a misspaced usmash but that's it.

Or you can Dair camp with Wolf.

Choice

Smash Champion
someone should make a shield pressure thread or somethin and test everything wolf can do to someone's shield without being punished. maybe you can get away with a lot more than we think. don't be so quick to shoot down ideas, but definitely remain skeptical. instead of just shooting down gheb's ideas with what you think is true, respond with some data guys.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
someone should make a shield pressure thread or somethin and test everything wolf can do to someone's shield without being punished. maybe you can get away with a lot more than we think. don't be so quick to shoot down ideas, but definitely remain skeptical. instead of just shooting down gheb's ideas with what you think is true, respond with some data guys.
isn't the burden of proof on him if he says something that seems misinformed?

Choice

Smash Champion
maybe. i dunno, just someone should come out with some data in their argument. i figure theres more people against gheb than for gheb so more of a chance that someone would do it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
bump anything else besides moar bair dancing?
I would critique but tbh I just don't get wifi :x If you post offline videos though I'll give it a shot :)

Only I get to say irrational things without proof MUAHAHAHA
Basically :p

Idk, I'd make the thread, but you can just look everything up anyways... it's like making a thread on how other characters can punish our attacks but without specific moves being mentioned :x

Choice

Smash Champion
Idk, I'd make the thread, but you can just look everything up anyways... it's like making a thread on how other characters can punish our attacks but without specific moves being mentioned :x

referring to the shield pressure thread idea right?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Hey do you do team vids? sadly this is the only vid i have of wolf and it is from like a long time ago lol. i plan of having some singles this weekend. But here you go if you want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msnTJLDVXwQ

Actually, i havent seen a thread where you put the vids in and people critique on what you need to improve on. could someone direct me please? thanks.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
referring to the shield pressure thread idea right?
Yep :3

Hey do you do team vids? sadly this is the only vid i have of wolf and it is from like a long time ago lol. i plan of having some singles this weekend. But here you go if you want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msnTJLDVXwQ

Actually, i havent seen a thread where you put the vids in and people critique on what you need to improve on. could someone direct me please? thanks.
Fox + Wolf, nice ;D And we don't have a critique thread, but if you ask for critique in here we'll usually be more than willing to help out :) I'm going to save my critique for singles though haha, I can't analyze teams quite as accurately I feel :x

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I beat Pyronic Star and the vids will be up on youtube later. I'll probably upload them tomorrow.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2WtR4frTt0

Vid of me vs the best MK of Germany, jj tell me your tricks.
looking at the vid now. i'll provide a full detail critique when i'm done analyzing

**Edit**

First thing i noticed, on the mk's first stock, you only missed 1 OOS punish
On the mk's second stock you missed 11 OOS punishes including one where you both were at kill percentage and you missing your punish caused you to lose your stock
3rd stock you did a good job punishing those shuttle loops and only missed 3 OOS punishes

Overall i just think you missed too many opportunities on the 2nd stock. If you had hit even half of the punishes you missed, you would have won the match. If you want me to point out where you could have punished the MK, let me know

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
yeah I really sucked at punishing him for the kill at the second stock, I kinda lost the momentum, and it really annoyed me that he could hit me out of my bair when I tried to punish his shuttle loop.

And of course tell me, maybe there are some opportunities I did not see (for most I did know that I could have punished this but I could not react fast enough, I was not that good at aerials oos in that time so I had to concentrate really hard to do them, good thing this changed lol).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You airdodged too much. At Bushido's I'll show you stuff to work around it. Good camping but why do you use so little usmash? It's so much better than fsmash! And no worries I punish a lot worse than you do :bee:

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't airdodge too much, I don't know why I overused it for a certain time in the match, I was suprised as well when I saw it again.

And I'm just trying to use more Usmash oos, don't worry ;D

Laem

Smash Champion
side b kills ftw
Something that hasnt been mentioned yet:

dont
dthrow
at
0%

fool me twice.....

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Never downthrow at low percents pretty sure a lot of chars have frame adv if u do.

Top Bottom