• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I wouldn't pay too much attention to that tier list... Too many unexplored and underdeveloped characters.

The ones near the top seem pretty accurate, however.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Gorls:

https://game8.jp/matome/14157

It's actually not very surprising, unfortunately. But I expect opinions will go upward at least a little once her metagame is developed, and her tricks are used most optimally.
I don't know, I think that tier list is inaccurate on the bottom characters. Even so, I find it too early for tier lists at the moment.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I feel like there might be problems with her. She's definitely spry, but she's also kind of awkward to use.

Not to mention the "warning" whistle before her smashes. :///////////////

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The whistle is definitely unfortunate, but it'll probably only be an issue at pretty high-level play.

I'm really loving that the first part of her jab hits 360 degrees.

Paul the Octopus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-4913-3001
What combos have you guys found with the character? From my brief time with the character, it seems like you can get guaranteed hits off of up tilt and nair, but not dthrow (I think they can always jump out, but I could be doing it too slow).

Steamblown

Smash Rookie
A reminder when using Deep Breathing: You have to press B when the circle closes and is within the red dot in the center. If you do not do this, then the move will fail, and you will be open to attack.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Not sure it's been mentioned yet but here's a bit of completely useless info. The English EU version of the game actually has the WFTs talk in an English accent. Caught me off guard and I loved it. Also she seems pretty fun and I'll switch her in to kick ass every once in a while. Anyway that's all the input from me carry on with your day.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
What combos have you guys found with the character? From my brief time with the character, it seems like you can get guaranteed hits off of up tilt and nair, but not dthrow (I think they can always jump out, but I could be doing it too slow).
I've found that at VERY low percentages, a Bair after Dthrow is possible. Also her Ftilt is amazing when utilized w/ instant turning since it hits both front and back, PLUS if you're quick enough you can follow up w/ Uair if you get them on the back hit since it pops them up.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
After playing a lot more WFT, I am definitely maining her. This character is just really fun. The volleyball and Sun Salutation are great, her burying jab is awesome, and her moves just click with me. I really really really love that the first part of her jab hits 360 degrees. Nobody expects to get poked away with a near-instant jab after rolling behind you.

Addendum: Starting up the volleyball to jump over a projectile and hitting the person who just shot at you with the ball is extremely satisfying.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I played WFT, and somehow... Even though I had no plans to main him (I use the male version), the WFT became my best character.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that her down tilt will recover in to her laying down stance when used alone but you can cancel her layibg down into other tilts.. Actually it goes for anything. Down tilt into up B or Down tilt into Up tilt or Down tilt into Side tilt

Endless possibilities and it can be good for mixups and some follow ups. #TheMoreYouKnow

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
She's so FAST.

I'm starting to think Sun Salutation is one of the strongest projectiles in this game. Why does this character even have a focus blast projectile so dumb.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Speaking of her projectiles, I really like her large, floaty, soccer ball custom. You can use it in mid air and it can act like a semi-space controlling / mini pressure tool. It also stays out longer, allowing you to like, hit it again with an attack. Also, considering her normal header basically has no chance of KO-ing, the power reduction seems fine.

So... Apparently, WFT has FAR less landing lag on her air dodge than everyone else. Like 12 frames compared to 20 frames for nearly everyone else.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
This was the only new character I really had no intention of even trying out. Turns out Wiifu is ridiculously fun, with some pretty strong tools. I see her being viable in every stage as the metagame develops.

Also nominating for best crawl/crouch animation in the series.

Destroyer_Bravo

Smash Rookie
Pushup spam OP.

I'd complain about the smash attacks, but I can't even get a smash with the circle pad (zing!)

Also, Japanese metagame will be different from NA/EU/BR/etc metagame. Maybe WFT will not be so low in the US/EU meta.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Feel the burn in your thighs and your abs

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
People are saying some of her attacks can't hit smaller characters. Is it possible to slightly adjust the angle of the attacks downward? An example would be Samus's FSmash, she can angle it slightly up or down.

shapular

Smash Ace
People are saying some of her attacks can't hit smaller characters. Is it possible to slightly adjust the angle of the attacks downward? An example would be Samus's FSmash, she can angle it slightly up or down.
I don't think so. I've tried. Circle Pad though.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
It is proving to be quite a task to do well with WFT. I guess I just need to get use to the distance of her smash attacks since I can't quite seem to connect them…not to mention how incredibly slow they are. You really have to play smart with WFT, reading your opponents moves and know where they will be since hit boxes are so unusual on WFT's moves.

Matchup wise, i'm having trouble w/ quick characters like Fox, Greninja, and Sheik. Anyone else having problems?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm in the same boat... I want to be good with her but I'm having trouble getting used to her small range. It's especially annoying when going up against smaller characters like Pikachu and DHD.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Every game I seem to have one character I had no plans on using that ends up being one of my best. For this game, I actually had several, but the best of them was WFT. She's just a blast to use. The one thing that bugs me about her, though, is her smashes can be a pain to get to hit. Granted, I feel this way about quite a few characters, so it's not enough to hold her back to much for me. I love Sun Salutation, though. There's just something so fun and rewarding about it.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I wanna main Wii Fit Trainer but she's terrible :'(

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Every game I seem to have one character I had no plans on using that ends up being one of my best. For this game, I actually had several, but the best of them was WFT. She's just a blast to use. The one thing that bugs me about her, though, is her smashes can be a pain to get to hit. Granted, I feel this way about quite a few characters, so it's not enough to hold her back to much for me. I love Sun Salutation, though. There's just something so fun and rewarding about it.
I don't think WFT's smashes are even useful other than a hard-read upsmash or a punish fsmash (or punish upsmash on characters it actually hits) or roll punish dsmash. Her kill moves are b-air, uair, SS, and 3 different spikes. You'll likely need a good edge-guarding game to be successful with WFT.

I feel like there might be problems with her. She's definitely spry, but she's also kind of awkward to use.

Not to mention the "warning" whistle before her smashes. :///////////////
THIS SO MUUUUUUCH the warning whistle along with the startup really make her smashes kinda less useful. That's probably why they gave her that nice third jab though.

Also you can't angle her Fsmash :'^(

Also also the best thing ever is following up Fsmash with SS just to hear her say "It's time to SALUTE THE SUN"

z00ted

Alright, so I'm probably gonna main this character. Initially thought she couldn't do anything due to the lack of her range in moves but after actually applying some tricks and pressure I've realized she's insanely fun/viable.

I picked her up maybe 7 hours ago and have been playing on For Glory the past 3 or so hours. I have like three videos that I would love to upload cause I feel as though they showcase some really strong Wii Fit Trainer play in game (perhaps maybe the strongest online) and my opponents are surprisingly strong as well. Kinda upset I accidentally skipped out on my best replay by pressing "A" too fast on the results screen but it's fine regardless lol. Do you guys know any thread or user who could help me upload them? :<

Last edited:
I don't think there is any way to upload replays at this time aside from capture cards... can you even send replays to your friends in this game?

Anyway if I were you I'd still try recording it with like a camera or phone. Since its a replay it should be a lot easier since your hands won't be in the way.

Also how would yall feel about a WFT skype group?

Last edited:

z00ted

Alright, I'll just upload it from my phone lmfao. This should be fun considering I've never done anything like this before.
Give me a little bit of time and I'll have them up. And I'd totally be down for a Skype group (;

Alright but if we DO end up having a skype group we can't just abandon ship here and leave this thread to die (which is sadly what happened with the greninja social)

add me yo

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Most of my time on here I'm at work anyway so I'll be around with or without the skype group. I'll add/post my skype when I'm home.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't think a Skype group would be harmful to the board as long as we kept up the threads and such. Also warming up to header spike because it has such a nice knockback angle, you could totally lull them into getting into the safer zones (or so they think) and spike their ***es offstage.

Haaaaaaaaaaah

z00ted

OMFG IM SO GOOD WITH WII FIT TRAINER SOMEONE HELP ME

z00ted

I CAN'T STOP CARRYING CHARACTERS ACROSS THE STAGE
omfg ban this character, i can't even keep up w/ the replays the uploads are too much

Last edited:
Top Bottom