• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If I were to make a West MI PR (thrown into PoopChat) and updated it every 3 months would that inspire people to improve?

I'm thinking top 6, everyone who lives on this half of the state is eligible. Would EL be included or not?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Hrm, I know I wouldn't be too interested to improve, I'll keep playing anyway. It would be nice to have an opportunity to see some of West MI get on a PR, L_Cancel notwithstanding due to being da bes.

East Lansing though.... I don't know. Technically, when taking into account the Westernmost point of Lower Michigan and the Easternmost point, East Lansing falls on the Eastern part(by like, 4 miles, but the Easternmost point actually seems to bleed a fair bit into what everyone considers to be Canada). And for driving distance, They're seven miles closer to Ann Arbor than Grand Rapids. So by sheer force of geography, I'd say no, but I'll leave it up to everyone else who might be a bit more invested in the idea.

JTsm

Smash Master
1. L
2. Lordy
3. fZk
4. Marco
5. Red
6. Legit or Jawsome

Done is Done
For activity for both EL and West MI I agree with the list. If Rayquaza was active, he would be #2 on that list since he lives in EL too.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1. L
2. Lordy
3. fZk
4. Marco
5. Red
6. Legit or Jawsome

Done is Done
>Never has lost a set to Red(to be fair, we've only met in pools ever and he made bracket at PS6)
>Never has lost a set to Jawsome
>Lost a set to Legit in pools once

Yeah no this list is perfect. A+ would PR again.

Buuuut considering Red and Legit are like, they guys who still care about Brawl, I can see why you might put them there. I'd much rather see a P:M PR. That'd be something I'd have increased interest in.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
yes and amity would probally be above me if he was active

Also this would be over the past 3-4 months super you have only beaten Jawsome

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I would not hold the victory against Jawsome in high regard. He won one match and ended up in 5th. Tio 2 Pro. Not saying he's bad, but if we are to account for most recent tournament results, you have either tied or beaten him in placings at the last tournaments you both attended.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
1. L
2. Lordy
3. fZk
4. Marco
5. Red
6. Legit or Jawsome

Done is Done
Agreed but 6th should be Scott depending on how far back we go.

I brought up the idea of a separate thread because I've been wanting to have a reason to photoshop again :yeahboi: and I would be able to get a girlfriend if I had a big 2 next to my tag.

But if anyone wants me to in the future, I'd be down to start a little project.

EDIT:

We've been using the wrong neutral list, but for future reference, SV/BF/FD/YI/Lylat.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'd endorse you guys making a West MI PR and I'd make you guys some cute little siggy prs

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'm against a West MI PR, I'm not content with rewarding mediocrity in any aspect. I want people in West MI to have the drive to improve and be on the actual MI PR. To show improvement and give East MI a run for their money. This is my opinion.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Oh by the way I don't actually agree with the list because I'm better than Red, Legit, and Jawsome. Although I will admit it has been forever since I got to play Red so he still might be better than me. Hopefully.

Really I thought that'd be clear by now.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
I'd be more than happy to let you prove being better than me :denzel:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Also this would be over the past 3-4 months super you have only beaten Jawsome
I just re-read this and then did some research. I like to fact check, and you did a good job of keeping relevant information on hand for this season, although if you could pull the relevant pools from PS5 into the second OP, that'd be awesome.

Anyway, In the past 3-4 months, you've beaten Sophy, Hyde, Cocksock, Brendan and TBird. You didn't win a single game at PS5. You've lost to Jawsome, Ame, Lordy, and fZk.

Jawsome has beaten Cocksock, ManaX, DRDN and You. He didn't win a single game at PS5. He has lost to Red, Techchase, Lordyx2, Ori_Bro, and Me.

Red has beat Torvus, TBird, Salty, Jawsome, Vox, Robjoe, and Patches(PS5) and made Bracket at PS5. He should be on the hypothetical West MI PR. He has lost to Lordyx2, Tech, and L_Cancel(and two others in PS5 bracket, but again he made bracket).

I, in the two tournaments that apparently count this year, beat Cocksock, TBird, and Jawsome in bracket. I also won two pools matches at PS5, but lost the sets in each. I don't really count these as I did lose the sets, but for the purposes on player vs player skill it does have some merit. I've lost to fZk and Lordy, and to Roller(2-1), Lain(2-0), and KSev(2-1) in my pools at PS5.

I may have only beaten Jawsome, but I fail to see the legitimate victories that either you or Jawsome have made that merit the idea that either of you are better than me. It's not the most victories but the quality of your victories over the quality of your defeats. That's how L_Cancel got #3 on the MI PR. And I really don't mind Red being above me. He's put effort in the game and I want him to win this impeding Money Match, if we ever play it. It may not seem like it, but I really don't enjoy Brawl anymore as a game, but I love the scene and I want you guys to be better, so I don't want you lying to yourselves to make yourselves feel better, but not be better. If that ticks you off, fine. Get better and beat me and I'll be done with it. I'll gladly accept you as the better players when you prove it.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Long story short, this man is lookin to MM everyone :denzel:

I've beaten Jawsome in the last Lordy tourney as well i think

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Long story short, this man is lookin to MM everyone :denzel:

I've beaten Jawsome in the last Lordy tourney as well i think
I marked that under Jawsome's losses and not your wins. My apologies, I'll fix that in a second.

MM all of West MI. And Ori_Bro. And LOE1 if I can't manage to meet him in bracket/pools. I just want to play people, really.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I didn't know this was the West MI pr panel :denzel:
It's a bit funny that I did the research to prove who is better at a video game, but really that's one of the primary purposes of the entire Smash community. Play games, have fun, and win/see who is the best. Otherwise, why have tournaments?

Still, whatever it takes to keep the West MI thread active is fine by me, and I enjoy fact checking and breaking a situation down to it's base roots. I can't spend the entire thread playing up my victory against Cocksock(ZSS) and TBird(Snake) in doubles with only Mario, even though it was absurdly epic and I'm crushed everyday that it was too much data for even the replay code to allow recording. That would just be showboating. :denzel:

I think I have to agree with L_Cancel. A West MI PR would just promote mediocrity if this is the quality we're to expect from West MI. I think I've changed my mind on wanting to be on one, too, because hey, that'd be cool. I like winning, but I like losing a hard fought battle more in the long run, because it shows I've got so much left to learn.

That all said, I think I'll be playing with a wider range of characters now. You'll see a lot of :mario2: from me, but I think I'll be tossing in some :sheik: into the mix a lot more. Maybe rediscover Marth or Fox for harder matchups. Not sure, I just don't care enough about Brawl anymore to just stick to a solid character, but I don't want to pull a DRDN and pick Random all day long and lose matches I really shouldn't because I ended up with Fox vs. Sheik.

L_Cancel I'll MM your Bowser. I don't plan to win, but it sounds like a lulzy fight.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Because I was offended because when you're better, you don't want to be called worse. Also boredom because I've been trolling the boards all day waiting for Demo 2.5.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I live an hour and a half away from people and I just started seriously thinking about it today, so it's not like I can go out and take their money and come back. They might be working.

But I will.

Also wait what are you like moving here what?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Not likely. If you read my wonderful essays about how much better I am than everyone else and how you should worship the very ground my Mario treads, you may have noticed my inkling to just have fun with other characters and branch out instead of focus for awhile as I don't take Brawl as seriously anymore. So that means less Mario and a lot less infinites.

I love another game, Tech, but I won't abandon you.

JTsm

Smash Master
Because I was offended because when you're better, you don't want to be called worse. Also boredom because I've been trolling the boards all day waiting for Demo 2.5.
Just do what Zinoto does, call himself free and then proceeds to **** everyone. lol

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I don't see how your opinion is relevant

:denzel:
East Lansing is technically East MI. Congrats, you're #4 or whatever. Suddenly the numbers seem a whole lot less special the less competition you have.

But I guess if we're playing this game I'm #1 Northern MI. Yooo, Ori get on that.

1. Super
2. Robjoe
3. Flan
4. rsr2
5. Captain Rainbowz

Yo, I love this idea. Rainbowz for PR.

Top Bottom