• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I got one for three times that amount...

I'm really hoping that I'm getting a Pit amiibo tomorrow. If not there's still three in nearby Gamestops according to the website, but that could be outdated. I hope I can go check on Friday. Anyway, I'll get/make/find a shelf or something to display my amiibo on and post a picture.

I'm calling it right now that Megaman, Ike, and Sheik are going to be discontinued with Sheik as the next Marth.

Edit: The closest Little Mac is 20 miles away... Well I guess I missed out on one of my secondaries.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
All you kids opening gifts now. Back in my day, we waited till morning!

I noticed that today.
I'm Mexican so we open them the night before :L

My sister's boyfriend got me a Kirby Amiibo. Not that I had any interest in Kirby but its one less to buy I suppose. Guess that makes me a collector now. Or I can get the Kirby costume in the new Mario Kart 8 I just got :D

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got Mario, Pikachu, Kirby amiibos as gifts. All common, but they're musts IMO.

Though I didn't get the copy of Wii U like I asked for. :ohwell:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I got Samus and another Mario. I'm gonna take Mario back and hopefully get Zelda or something. But I did ask for Samus.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Good News Guys! (Well for me at least :p) My family got me 5 Amiibos for Xmas and the Question Mark Block case to put them in. I managed to find out one of those was a Marth Amiibo!, But Even better I managed to track down a Villager Amiibo for 11 Bucks 6 Miles away from where I live! And 6 Miles is like Nothing! I'll be going to collect it on Monday (Well Hopefully) :bee:
EDIT:
Anyone have any speculation what will be the "Marth-Pit" of Wave 3?
Rosalina and Sheik Are sure fires to run out Ike too maybe for Wave 4 Mega Man Shulk and I'd guess Dedede would be running Out
Oh and In the UK Pit is so easy to find I'm getting one soon :p

Last edited:

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
My Luigi and Captain Falcon have finally shipped and are estimated to get here on the 29th. Pit, which I preordered at the same time, is still MIA though. :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I forgot to mention this before, but a friend of mine here relayed some interesting info to me:

He's a US resident, like most of you. He went to one of his local stores (I think it was Toys R Us), and was asking about Amiibos.

However, that store, and some other stores he went to, had limits on how many of the Wave 3 Amiibos you could pre-order.

For most characters, it was 2 orders per person, but 3 characters had a 1 per person limit - Sonic, Dedede, and Ike.

In Wave 2, Pit, and I think Little Mac or Captain Falcon, have this limit in the same stores. And those guys have been hard to find for you guys (heck, I can't find Little Mac anywhere near me in Ireland).

So Sonic, Ike, and Dedede are almost definitely going to be rare.

Yes, you heard that right - Sonic, of all characters, might be a rare. So you might wanna get on pre-ordering those 3.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Another Villager from Dad, and a Luigi with a note from my uncle. Soon. My sweet prince/hero king.
image.jpg

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I am now fully caught up with Waves 1 and 2!! Glad I can rest for at least a month. I am honestly dreading Wave 3. Also Shoutout to my mom and dad for helping me out lmao. will try to post pics soon.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
In terms of wave 2, I could not even find a Little Mac. There was one in our area, we tried to pick it up on the 14th if I recall correctly; however, the Gamestop employee stated that the street date was the 30th. After reading about everyone purchasing other wave 2 Amiibos, we called to ask if they were available for pre-order. Nope, he was not as there was only one and they already sold it. Haha.

I kind of gave up on wave 2. I am just waiting on Shulk, Toon Link, and Ike. I actually have them pre-ordered, so as long as nothing crazy happens, I should be good.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
So.... I happen to have an extra Captain Falcon and Little Mac amiibo (I intended to gift them, but my girlfriend got them herself -.-)

If anyone is looking for a Captain Falcon or Little Mac I'm willing to trade, I'm specifically looking for Marth, Villager, and Pit. Reply if interested :D

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I forgot to mention this before, but a friend of mine here relayed some interesting info to me:

He's a US resident, like most of you. He went to one of his local stores (I think it was Toys R Us), and was asking about Amiibos.

However, that store, and some other stores he went to, had limits on how many of the Wave 3 Amiibos you could pre-order.

For most characters, it was 2 orders per person, but 3 characters had a 1 per person limit - Sonic, Dedede, and Ike.

In Wave 2, Pit, and I think Little Mac or Captain Falcon, have this limit in the same stores. And those guys have been hard to find for you guys (heck, I can't find Little Mac anywhere near me in Ireland).

So Sonic, Ike, and Dedede are almost definitely going to be rare.

Yes, you heard that right - Sonic, of all characters, might be a rare. So you might wanna get on pre-ordering those 3.
I'd Go along that and say Mega Man And Rosalina will be rare too Since Rosalina orders sold out in 40 minutes in Target

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Whelp I went to Gamestop again today cause I got a 25 dollar gift card from my aunt. I picked up Zelda and the last Diddy Kong they had. I was going to get Mario but I figured I can get him any time I want to. I asked what people had been preordering in Wave 3 the most to get a hint of what's going fast and he gave me a list of Ike being the highest -outside of Shulk- then Sonic, Megaman, and Toon Link. No mention of Triple D or Sheik. I already have Shulk, Ike and Sonic perordered so I threw 5 bucks down on Megaman just in case. They were really set on Megaman being rare so I dunno.

kylexv

Smash Master
I got :4link:, :4kirby:, :4pikachu:, :4luigi:, :4zelda:, and :4diddy: for Christmas. I now have the Original 8!

Just looking for :4peach: and :4falcon: as of now, since they unlock Mii Costumes in MK8.

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
You guys have no idea how happy I felt when I took this pic...hahah
229.JPG

Full set so far. Scared for Wave 3 hahaha

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I was able to snatch Captain Falcon's amiibo on GameStop's site today, surprised it was in stock x:

I also received Yoshi and Link's amiibo on Christmas, may get Mario and/or Kirby tomorrow.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg

This is what I have right now. I have Luigi, Diddy Kong, and Zelda coming in a few days. And I have Shulk, Mega Man, Toon Link, Shiek, and Sonic all pre-ordered. I need to get Captain Falcon though. He's my main along with Duck Hunt. Plus my parents said I've asked enough Amiibo for the Holidays. So I have to purchase everything with my own money. (I really gotta learn to get those social ques lol). Hopefully I can get Falcon sometime soon in Concord, CA

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Captain Falcon still hasn't come on for me...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I paid in full for Captain Falcon at Gamestop a couple weeks ago. He's supposed to ship to my apartment. I'm getting kinda nervous, since he's available for sale on the Gamestop website and I haven't received any notifications about him shipping to me yet...

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
My Falcon shipped last night, now I await it's arrival o:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Picked up 5 more yesterday, bringing me to 12 of 18 currently released Amiibos. As long as I get Little Mac, though, I have no real worries, and can hold off until Wave 3.

Also, my brother's Kirby finally arrived.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I tried to decorate my shelf a little bit .-.

Luigi and Captain Falcon will be at my doorstep next Friday, and I preordered Toon Link, Sheik, and Sonic.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I tried to decorate my shelf a little bit .-.

Luigi and Captain Falcon will be at my doorstep next Friday, and I preordered Toon Link, Sheik, and Sonic.
N'awwh, love the little amiibo tag you have~

I'm currently tracking the prices of several amiibo everyday, most notably Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer. They're still ridiculously high, unfortunately.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I got Diddy and Captain Falcon should be here Monday, so I can cross Donkey Kong Country and F-Zero off on the series list. I also preordered MegaMan and Ike. Shulk looks like he's going to be a pain to get, so I might have to order him online. None of the three Gamestops I went to had anyone else besides Luigi and Zelda. I saw someone walking out with the last Pit (it went to a little kid, so I'm happy about that), and the one I called said they had just sold their last one. I'm more worried about Little Mac though, he's nowhere close and I might have to buy him online. I'll go looking again sometime this week.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'm considering of just ordering everything online that's not on Amazon or EBay. That's how I'm getting Shulk, Luigi, Diddy, Mega Man, Zelda, Shiek, and Sonic. Hopefully Falcon soon when he becomes available again.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Today I got luigi. Surprisingly it is rare in my state. My city didn't have luigi, and neither did the next city, I was lucky enough to find him in another city and I bought the last one from there.

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Just pre-ordered DeDeDe. Just stalking Target to see if Rosalina ever gets put back up. Rosalina and DeDeDe are the only must-haves of Wave 3 for me.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys guys.

The Marth amiibo has gone down to £13.15 on Amazon UK. Just letting you all know.

EDIT: I just checked and it has £9.73 UK delivery. Jeez.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My Falcon shipped last night, now I await it's arrival o:
Yeah, sure enough, mine just shipped, as well! Falcon should arrive any day now.

Yesasia.com has Wii Fit Trainer for $18.99 plus shipping, for those that want one! Considering the rarity, that's a fair price. I ordered one last night. Get 'em while they last! They had Little Mac in stock just two days ago, but he's since sold out. They have Luigi, Diddy, and Zelda, too, as well as all the commons from wave 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom