• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Voice of King Dedede

nintendotoycollector

Smash Rookie
i didnt like the voice of dede but it wasnt as bad as i thought becuase when the show first started i saw the commercial for it and they had the image of dede while the voice of yugioh was talking about taking over dreamland but then i relized that they voice of yugioh wasnt the voice of dede but the voice of the guy who made the mosters for dede

gawd the guy who does the voice of yugioh does the voice of everyone >.> including cliford the big red dog

Rakath

Smash Ace
I have never seen the kirby anime series but i already find myself wishing that they do not use Dx3's anime voice.

Why? anime = bad.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone think that the kirby series has kind of gone on a downward spiral since Superstar? especially making an anime * shudders*

:kirby:
Superstar was epic fun, and most of the games don't reach its levels of fun, but Crystal Shards was still fun to play (as were a few of the other games).

*throws a few Bombcutter stars to the ground, and ninja vanishes in the explosion*

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
I hope he doesnt talk, just for the sake of not being annoying. If he does, he should have a deep voice, and grunt whenever he gets hit or dishes out damage, kinda like Ganondorf.

Panda_Convoy

Smash Rookie
I was just thinking about this tonight when I was playing Spring Breeze from Kirby Super Star. I knocked out King DeDeDe in the final fight [o.o; sorry if that was a spoiler?] and he made that loud Mic noise as he was knocked out. I thought it would be kind of funny if he made that when he went flying into the background, but honestly I don't know about his voice. I wasn't horribly object to the english dub, but it didn't really do anything for me. Let's just wait and see.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
He should have the anime voice. Any other would be like jaleel e. white (Urkel) doing sonic for brawl, eventhough he was the first it is annoying.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'd guess that since Meta Knight doesn't have his anime voice, neither will Dedede, but I have a feeling he will speak. Still, even though I don't personally like that anime voice (makes him sound stupid!), I don't know what else would work.....Actually, I can picture DDD with a really deep, booming voice. Not like MK's, just a really powerful sounding kingly-type voice. High and squeaky wouldn't fit.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Oh I would prob. wouldn't want the 4kids dubbed voice for DeDeDe in brawl. but I actually thought it was great in the anime with that weird southern accent. i found this funny little parody song floating around the web that goes to the tune of Kirby Right Back at Ya opening theme song.

"What can I do for you king DeDeDe?"
"i'd like some fried chicken from Kentucky"
"That's what we do best at KFC"
"It better come with a medium pepsi"

Lol, Clobbah dat der Kir-bah

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Oh cool, don't want to get a bad rep as a DeDeDe hater! I will actually play as him a lot if there are no other decent heavy characters in Brawl other than him and Ike (I don't think Wario was classified as heavy)

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I honestly imagine King Dedede to sound like "Macho Man" Randy Savage or Hulk Hogan XD

"WHATCHA GONNA DOOO WHEN THE WADDLE DOOS COME RUNNIN' WIIIIILD"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAH!"

ROFL XD

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I expect no voice, its not like he had one in the video games and sakurai isnt representing the crap anime version of dedede

maybe cute squeeks and penguinish grunts ^___^

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Oh I would prob. wouldn't want the 4kids dubbed voice for DeDeDe in brawl. but I actually thought it was great in the anime with that weird southern accent. i found this funny little parody song floating around the web that goes to the tune of Kirby Right Back at Ya opening theme song.

"What can I do for you king DeDeDe?"
"i'd like some fried chicken from Kentucky"
"That's what we do best at KFC"
"It better come with a medium pepsi"

Lol, Clobbah dat der Kir-bah
Hahahaha, that's just great. I'm black and even that kills me. XD

DededeDaimyo

Smash Rookie
Maybe they could give Dedede a heavy japanese/ asian accent instead of the southern voice. Seeing as how they now have him wearing japanese robes under his king's robe it might fit his character greatly. I rather like the voice Kenichi Ogata gave Dedede in the japanese version of the anime and I think it would sound cool if they got a similar sounding japanese accent VA to speak his voice in english for Brawl. (Zoi Zoi Dedede-Zoi!)

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I expect no voice, its not like he had one in the video games and sakurai isnt representing the crap anime version of dedede

maybe cute squeeks and penguinish grunts ^___^
iirc he supervised the Anime, much like Sugimori (head artist of Pokemon) supervises the Pokemon anime.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
as you can plainly see from my sig i HATE 4kids for ruining sonic but now they're rippin on kirby!? i'm very pissed!

O Rly?

Smash Cadet
I get the nasty sensation that Dedede's voice is going to sound just like what he looks like... a squawking duck-penguin thingie.

At least it might be useful for annoyance. Kinda like playing Pikachu or Diddy.

But who knows?

metalink007

Smash Rookie
i love his voice from the anime :dizzy:

although i think it would have a hard time fitting in with the rest of the characters who havent got proper voices

i mean imagine if they put marios voice from that old mario cartoon

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
i always kinda liked dedede's voice in the show but they probably will change it and make it better because metaknights voice is freakin cool

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Hm, my personal opinion is that he will talk...but with a less accented voice. If he talks, it'd be best to get him a voice that fits a large...penguin king. Which should not sound Southern. Argh, someone find a voice clip with a voice you think would work for him?

Also, someone posted a sentence about the anime, and reading that sentence about the anime made me laugh muchly. So much I had to go and dig out my favorite scene from the anime, where they parody Psycho. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-L_cYzLHc

Chepe

Smash Lord
For some reason, I hear him talking like... a bird. As in, squawking when he gets hit and whatnot... Im weird. :ohwell:

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Well.. maybe hell have a voice when he wins, like metaknight says lines.. but thats all

When metaknight is attacking, you just hear the sword swipes. So I hope thats how it is with the mallet, and I dont want to hear voicelike grunts from dedede.

But Im not worried. Bowser and DK dont have their crap voices from the mario party/sports games do they?

Dedede will probally just have squeeks or noises, or none at all and just the mallet making the noise for him. He never talked in the games.

Top Bottom