• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Voice of King Dedede

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
While I'm sorta okay with having Foghorn Leghorn Dedede, I think it'd be more appropriate to have the Japanese actor voice Dedede for this version.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think MC Hammer should voice him, and his victory lines could be:

1) Stop! Hammer time!
2) Boogey down now!
3) I like big hammers and I cannot lie!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
When Dedede lands from his super jump, you can hear him go "Hmmmm" in a deep sounding voice.. everybody watch that trailer again

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Yes, Nicktendo is right. I caught this too, and was about to mention it....he beat me to it. If his American voice is similar to this, I will be VERY happy. It isn't his Japanese anime voice, so he won't have his "sahthurn voyce" from the American anime. Sorry for all you fans! It is hilarious, but it seems like Sakurai wants to stay away from the anime, Meta Knight doesn't have his voice either. Seriously, the anime doesnt portray Dedede well, makes him much more of a bad guy than he's ever been, he even tries to kill Kirby. Never did this in the games (the canon) cept when he was possessed.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I believe that the "Whobby 2008" event has confirmed that King Dedede's Japanese voice is the same as his anime voice. That's one thing settled.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I really don't see a king penguin with an adorable face and a giant hammer having a southern accent.

...though, if he doesn't have any lines that require the english language, we COULD keep his japanese voice. :D I would love to win a matc hadn then here Dedede's Japan voice laugh. It would make my day.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya hopefully it wont be him but more than likely it will be they got the same voice actor for Sonic that does the series so where probably boned when it comes to the voice actor.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm with whomever said that Ted Lewis (Dedede's 4Kids Voice Actor) should voice Triple-D in Brawl, but let's be realistic here! If Meta Knight is voiced by Christopher R. Sabat, the voice of Roronoa Zoro, Yamcha, Piccolo, Vegeta and Rundas, maybe Dedede might get a voice similar to Captain Ginyu!

S2

Smash Lord
Meta doesn't have the 4Kids voice does he? I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Hopefully that points to Dedede having a new dub as well. His 4Kids was hilariously bad... but not really fitting of him.

Its not like 4Kids has a track record of ruining anime's with voices that don't match the charact.... that's right they do.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Meta doesn't have the 4Kids voice does he? I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Hopefully that points to Dedede having a new dub as well. His 4Kids was hilariously bad... but not really fitting of him.

Its not like 4Kids has a track record of ruining anime's with voices that don't match the charact.... that's right they do.

Metaknight has the voice of Piccolo of DBZ. I'm not sure about the name.. but he has it and it fits :).

Hoping for Dedede's japanese voice. Zoi!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
The 4Kids voice fits Dedede's character very well.....in the anime. In the anime he is presented as a bumbling, illiterate, stupid, and downright mean tyrant who is constantly trying to destroy Kirby. He even looks stupid, with them beady eyes. For some reason, that big bellowing drawl fits that character well.

Dedede in the canon games is very different. For one thing, he looks a lot more likable. He is also not as much of a bad guy. While he is selfish and lazy, he isn't really an idiot, and he doesn't truly hate Kirby. Really, he always ends up with his intentions misunderstood by Kirby or possessed by someone, leading to his beating. Dedede actually seems kind of clever in the games, and he really enjoys his friendly rivalry with Kirby. The 4Kids voice doesn't fit that!

P.S. I can actually picture a Captain Ginyu voice on Dedede! lol. Or some sort of deep, kingly, powerful, voice.

Top Bottom