• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The User Blogs section appears to be devolving to +1 post count posts.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, we can't JUST blame the '09ers. We've also got to thank Maxfire and...well, anyone who contributed to the "Play SSBB Forever." thread, which is just about all of the regulars of the User Blogs.

'09ers haven't helped, though...albeit I'm hesitant to say such a general statement, since, as much as I'd like to enjoy not being the "noob join year" anymore (although '08ers will always have a special place in people's hearts), I also have to remember how much '08er hate annoyed, and still annoys, me.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well, we can't JUST blame the '09ers. We've also got to thank Maxfire and...well, anyone who contributed to the "Play SSBB Forever." thread, which is just about all of the regulars of the User Blogs.

'09ers haven't helped, though...albeit I'm hesitant to say such a general statement, since, as much as I'd like to enjoy not being the "noob join year" anymore (although '08ers will always have a special place in people's hearts), I also have to remember how much '08er hate annoyed, and still annoys, me.
gotta blame somebody eh?

heh, not really. but this was bound to happen.

anything than can go wrong will.

D

Deleted member

Amen! The Blogs must be terminated (while we get to da choppa).

Cinder

Smash Master
*raises hand* guilty as charged =D

But in all seriousness, I addressed this problem on H4x0RZ by adding a spam room and setting up some ground rules...with as many members as Smashboards has, I won't hold my breath for a seperate forum just for spam, but as you said, Firus, posting some actual rules would help...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*raises hand* guilty as charged =D

But in all seriousness, I addressed this problem on H4x0RZ by adding a spam room and setting up some ground rules...with as many members as Smashboards has, I won't hold my breath for a seperate forum just for spam, but as you said, Firus, posting some actual rules would help...
Yeah...I'm guilty too. As I said, basically all User Blog regulars, and even non-regulars, popped in there and posted. Some of us posted more than others...again, me included.

I saw the spam room on H4x0RZ. Honestly, that's a great idea. It gives people a place to just spam like there's no tomorrow if they so desire, rather than clogging up other forums with stupid spam. It wouldn't prevent it entirely, and I'm sure there would still be people who WANT to spam in other rooms to be obnoxious, but it would cut down on it. Rather than the User Blogs being a "If you're not sure where it goes, put it here", the spam room could be that. It might end up like the deepest bowels of a sewer, but you don't have to visit the spam room unless you want to see spam, so it's not a big deal.

But yeah...if we could have some rules and have them enforced just a little bit better, that'd be great.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yeah...I'm guilty too. As I said, basically all User Blog regulars, and even non-regulars, popped in there and posted. Some of us posted more than others...again, me included.

I saw the spam room on H4x0RZ. Honestly, that's a great idea. It gives people a place to just spam like there's no tomorrow if they so desire, rather than clogging up other forums with stupid spam. It wouldn't prevent it entirely, and I'm sure there would still be people who WANT to spam in other rooms to be obnoxious, but it would cut down on it. Rather than the User Blogs being a "If you're not sure where it goes, put it here", the spam room could be that. It might end up like the deepest bowels of a sewer, but you don't have to visit the spam room unless you want to see spam, so it's not a big deal.

But yeah...if we could have some rules and have them enforced just a little bit better, that'd be great.
Smashboards is too "orderly" to have a spam room imo.

bobson

Smash Lord
I always thought this place was intended to be a spam room anyway. We already have an off-topic forum, and it's hard to honestly say you can care about everyone on Smashboards having a blog.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Personally I'm thinking the best way to fix it is to disable post count here. It's kind of fun to be able to screw around here, but the post count is getting a little ridiculous.

As for my Visitor Messages, I thought I re-enabled that? Someone was annoying me a while ago so I stopped them but I thought I re-enabled them...?

I'm thinking that person is me?
lulz It has to be.

:092:

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
This is especially amusing since we turned post count off for blogs.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I thought it was wierd when one of my friends post count went down by 500. O_o

I guess this only effects those who post at the blogs boards too often.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is especially amusing since we turned post count off for blogs.
Yeah, I suppose it's not completely relevant anymore, although there's still not a complete lack of spammy posts, which was part of my point. I'm definitely glad that at least post count is disabled anyways; I'm sure people getting extra posts for spamming certainly wasn't helping the amount of it here.

I thought it was wierd when one of my friends post count went down by 500. O_o

I guess this only effects those who post at the blogs boards too often.

The odd thing is that I don't think my post count dropped, unless I'm completely oblivious, and I posted a fair amount in here before that happened (and still do post a fair amount). That actually confused me a little bit.

I suppose it's altogether possible that I am completely oblivious, but I'm nearly certain I would at least recall if my post count had reached a certain number.

Top Bottom