• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The updated A.I. is pretty damn awesome.

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
@ Shadowtheoriginalone Shadowtheoriginalone

i'd like to see video of that, they shouldn't even charge while they are in air. Unless you're talking about samus don't know if she does or not...
Really now? Well, it happens quite a bit. Everyone who has a charging neutral B do it occasionally. Samus, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy, Lucario, you name it. Sometimes they're lucky and still land onstage. When they jump offstage though...

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
Ew, doublepost. Anyways, I'm downloading the new patch right now so I'll edit this into something more contributing in a bit

EDIT: Quite noticeable AI change. Going to see if It can still make them dash-jump and charge neutral B somehow. Didn't think I would see a that big of a difference. Very nice work. Also, perhaps this might be an explanation for why they sometimes dash-jump and charge to their down: might it be that they are trying to SH-laser in a way? I'm no AI programmer but just my thought.

Last edited:

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Lucas CPU is pretty beast, although a good improvement would be to enable him to air dodge into his tether properly. This might be too hard to not screw him up though, since you just fixed is

Also, just a tip for surviving longer vs Lucas, based off of play vs several lucas mains as well as the lucas CPU's : for the love of god, use SDI! Some of his strongest moves (namely his upsmash) rely on multiple hitboxes and/or have visibly obvious hit lag lasting several frames during which you can do 1 or 2 slams of SDI (SDI mostly away and down to avoid the strongest hits of his Usmash), which will do a lot to get you not killed by Lucas.

For some reason, Fox stopped doing that silly jump and multi-shine when I'm far away thing; its like he remembered that he can just sit and SH laser me if I want to stay far away.. He kinda waveshined me on FD and I was legitimately impressed (it stopped before it got me to the ledge for some reason, but cool none the less. He edge guarded me well and shine spiked me but it then SD'd
These CPU's just love salt.

Last edited:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v0hk5frrrljapf3/RSBE01.gct

Okay this how it works.

First you have to go to projectm\pf\info2 folder in your SD Card and 'delete/move' the info_training.pac file.

When you start the game up go to the training room.

Press start to pull up the training option bar, set 'Help' to 'ON' and the Help Bar should pop up.

Then set 'CPU' to 'Attack'

Once you press start 'Enemy' on the 'Help Bar' that would be set to Attack should now be numbers.

Those number are AI Routines.

If you're able to get video of the problem with this on i'll have a easy time locating the problem.

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v0hk5frrrljapf3/RSBE01.gct

Okay this how it works.

First you have to go to projectm\pf\info2 folder in your SD Card and 'delete/move' the info_training.pac file.

When you start the game up go to the training room.

Press start to pull up the training option bar, set 'Help' to 'ON' and the Help Bar should pop up.

Then set 'CPU' to 'Attack'

Once you press start 'Enemy' on the 'Help Bar' that would be set to Attack should now be numbers.

Those number are AI Routines.

If you're able to get video of the problem with this on i'll have a easy time locating the problem.
Thanks KC

I don't have the means to film it sadly atm. But I tested it multiple times and the AI routine code is always 3010 (
Wait for Respawn Target)
when DK just stands around doing nothing.

Edit: I just noticed the AI routine code does flicker for a splitsecond or so at odd times when DK is standing there. I slowed it down to 1/4 speed and saw it flickers to 0021 and goes back to 3010.

Last edited:

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
Guess i'll have to figure out another way to fix it, i can only think of 2 at the moment. Are you sure that you are using 3.2?
Yes, i'm using 3.02

Can't you replicate it? It's pretty easy, just spin DDD's hammer. Can someone confirm i'm not the only one experiencing this at least before KC set out to fix it?

Lahjeek

Smash Rookie
I have finally finished reading all the AI threads, which has taken me a few weeks, and this one is my favorite. I have started working on improving Link, starting with his bomb jump. Link is awesome, and for once I would love to see him dominate. I am excited about KingClubber's Falco project, and maybe I can finish up Link about the same time and we could have a face off! Well, I haven't made as much progress as I would like, because the learning curve is a bit steep. I was going to ask about how to get the debugger code into the gct, but thankfully KC just posted it here. It is taking a while to crawl through a lot of the existing code. I am wondering if I could get access to KingClubber's source files in order to view his comments and notes, which would make reading the code so much easier, and therefore so much quicker to make modifications. Either way, I am going to keep moving forward on this, unless the debugging process turns out to be something awful. I am ever so grateful for all the tools released so far, particularly Bero's AI Scriptpad. Thank you so much for all the resources so far, although they were very hard to find.

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
I found another little thing that could be worked on: Ice Climbers. Mainly "Sopo". He keeps trying to Up-B when he has no Nana with him. Is there a way for him to use different options to recover like the Side-B?

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
so i realized that i messed up a loop point for one of my brstm's during a match and forgot to pause while i got something to write it down on. i came back to realize that dk was generous enough to wait for me to return. :')

KingClubber

Smash Ace
That project was mostly dropped, as people lost interest fast. :p

So i went back to doing what I've always been doing.

So for those who have been waiting on it here's a present.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uhg95wdj9ctbwdb/FitSheikMotionEtc.pac

List of things that are different
-Removed a Bunch of Random Actions like Jumping, Rolling, and Shielding
-Fix Recovery (WIP)
-New Ledge Game (WIP)
-New Ledge Guard Game (WIP)
-Beta Combo system
-Attacking While Recovering

Enjoy.

=~|<•>|~=

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
I haven't even read this thread but lemme say nah. I teamed with some CPU's against a few friends and to sum it up in a few words: Friendly Fire. :luigi2:

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
That project was mostly dropped, as people lost interest fast. :p

So i went back to doing what I've always been doing.

So for those who have been waiting on it here's a present.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uhg95wdj9ctbwdb/FitSheikMotionEtc.pac

List of things that are different
-Removed a Bunch of Random Actions like Jumping, Rolling, and Shielding
-Fix Recovery (WIP)
-New Ledge Game (WIP)
-New Ledge Guard Game (WIP)
-Beta Combo system
-Attacking While Recovering

Enjoy.

=~|<•>|~=
what folder do i put this in...and is this just for sheik...

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
KC i have some trouble with AIScriptpad 2.0.
I'm trying to open FitCaptaiMotionEtc.pac but I get these errors:

Code:
In C:\Users\ARDJAN\Desktop\Hacks\AI\captain\FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac
In 1070.as
Function 0x1047 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1048 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
In 2050.as
Function 0x1042 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1042 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x103E was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1038 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1038 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1037 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1044 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x103A was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1043 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1041 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x103A was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x104B was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x104B was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1036 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1035 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1035 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1036 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
In 2060.as
Function 0x1047 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
In 2070.as
Function 0x102F was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x102F was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
Function 0x1043 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
In 50.as
Function 0x1048 was not found. It is recommended to define all function names in Functions.h
In 6040.as
Couldn't find routine 0x4020 in Routines.h. This entry won't be compiled.
Couldn't find routine 0x4010 in Routines.h. This entry won't be compiled.
I need help :D

Last edited:

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
File -> New -> Project

File -> New -> Script
I rename the script in 10B0 and I add this code
Code:
#include <Definition_AIMain.h>
//TrueID=0x10B0
id 0x10B0

//Set Unknown
unk 0x0

label
    var0=XCoord
    var1=OXCoord
    var2=var0-var1
    if var2 < 20
        Button X
    else
        Return
    endif
Finish
Then I rebuild and the log shows that error D:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
okay i still don't see the error but try this.

Delete everything in the source folder you used to make your project.

Start a New Project and make sure to have "Use absolute path" check in.

Also at the end of that script you need to add

Code:
endif
Finish
Return<---Your End
<-Make a  blank space here

Bero

Smash Journeyman
To make sure:
The functions listed in the error window are custom functions which are only available in PM.
So you wouldn't be able make your AI work in normal Brawl.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
To make sure:
The functions listed in the error window are custom functions which are only available in PM.
So you wouldn't be able make your AI work in normal Brawl.
What about the 'System.OutOfMemoryException' error?

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
Code:
Failed to build these projects:
Unexpected error occurred while compiling
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
I just added 1 line to the 1060 script of Falcon and tried to rebuild.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Umm
OutOfMemoryException means your PC doesn't have enough memory.
How much memory do you have?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
AIS is using surprisingly too much memory.
KC said he got this bug but I couldn't reproduce it.
Could you upload AIS you are using, PAC file, scripts?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I understand the reason.
The first reason why you got the error is you wrote some values wrong in 1070(I found mistakes at line 35,47).
However, my error handling was so bad that these syntax error caused other errors, and the program tried to hold too much error messages.
Thus you got OutOfMemoryException.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
I didn't change anything in 1070 D:
maybe I found it, how are supposed to be wrote floating values? 0.5 or 0,5?

Last edited:

Bero

Smash Journeyman
That's strange because I re-exported AI scripts and confirmed it exported correctly.
Anyway I think you need to re-export all scripts first.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
Ok I found the problem: in Italy we write float values like 0,5 and when I open .pac files all float values are converted from 0.5 to 0,5 so I have to reconvert all of them manually (thank you Bero for your awesome find and replace tool) and now it works great! Thank you Bero and KC!

Is there any way to have all of float values not converted when I open .pac files?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know you write float values like that in Italy.

I didn't prepare an option to ignore locale.
The most easy way is to change your system locale to US.
If you continued to use AIS from now on, I would implement the option.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
I didn't know you write float values like that in Italy.

I didn't prepare an option to ignore locale.
The most easy way is to change your system locale to US.
If you continued to use AIS from now on, I would implement the option.
I'm trying to do code something, when it will be finished I'll let you know :D

Top Bottom