• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The updated A.I. is pretty damn awesome.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Something that i made.
Falcon dashdance + upthrow
Falcon dashdance approach
Sorry for the crappy song but I had to remove the original audio xD
That's pretty cool. Also, I gotta say that Falcon's dashdance goes really well with that music. XD

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
@ Generalardj Generalardj - I like how you did the coding for the dash dance when he gets near the ledge. :D

Are you using the force code? or No?
mhh... I don't know lol
I made him DD in a odd way :D
Code:
var0=14 <-  This is used to count how many time the cpu has to
            stick forward before dashing back
Label
var1=DistFrontEdge
    if var0 < 1 || var1 < 3
        Stick -1
        var0=14
    else
        Stick 1
        var0-=1
    endif
Return

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Here are a couple remarks :
-the marth cpu often dash attacks when I'm going towards the ledge, which often whiffes and gets him punished. It's a situation where players would probably fsmash instead, or just wait.
-No cpu reacts properly to Ivy's nair. They always get hit by it.
-I don't think I've seen CPUs CC, and I think that it could be a great addition.
-Mario doesn't use side B or down B to recover

Again, good job with the AI. I can't wait for the next update, this is one of my favorite features from PM.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
@ Generalardj Generalardj - Very Nice, I didn't know about that trick.

- The Reason i asked is because he just kept repeating the same action, i know of only two ways that can happen. Since i doubt it the second way, your likely using the force code.
- But if your able to do this, if you wanna take that a step further i can show you a way to make that happen in game on purpose and not just by chance (without the force code) I can show you how (Because if that the whole code, in a real match that routine would keep repeating over, and over until it was forced to stop).

@ TreK TreK
- Random Cpu is Random (Wait for future updates for better AI)
- Cpu's don't know how to guard against Aerial Attack, so this pretty much goes to about everything. (Working on Fixing the problem)
- They do CC, they just do use it much. (Brawl had it coded already) (Will be changing how it work in the future)
- Mario doe use Side-b to recover, but he doesn't use down-b (Kinda hard to make this work and make him use it smartly)

No Problem, look forward to it, i hope to deliver even better AI with the next major update.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
@ Generalardj Generalardj - Very Nice, I didn't know about that trick.

- The Reason i asked is because he just kept repeating the same action, i know of only two ways that can happen. Since i doubt it the second way, your likely using the force code.
Oh yes, sorry xD I was using Dantarion's code to force a certain routine.
- But if your able to do this, if you wanna take that a step further i can show you a way to make that happen in game on purpose and not just by chance (without the force code) I can show you how (Because if that the whole code, in a real match that routine would keep repeating over, and over until it was forced to stop).
It would be very nice!

Last edited:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
ok its super simple if your using my ASP v.2 setup

assuming you want those actions to happen close but not to close you wanna

1 - Rename the file - 4040 (and the other 4041) (possible up to 9)
2 - Change the script ID to 4040 (and the other 4041) (possible up to 9)
3 - Open up AIPD
4 - Find the Routine Call Table
5 - Look for the first fXClose
6 - To the Front of the Line Add - ATKClose 100,100,0,0 (and ATKClose1 100,100,0,0) (possible up to 9)

example

Code:
fXClose {
    Unk1040 5,2,100,0
    Unk31 7,5,100,0
example 2

Code:
fXClose {
    ATKClose 100,100,0,0 <-Your Line
    Unk1040 5,2,100,0
    Unk31 7,5,100,0
Code:
Note

if too far
-routine 4030 - ATKVClose

if too close
-routine 4050 - ATKMiddle
To fix your looping problem you'll need to add a trigger that cancels the routine. That can be very tricky since a there are a lot of actions you can use to make that cancel work, the hard part is deciding which triggers to use to make it work the way you want.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what kind of AI buff we will see in the next PM update? I'm so hyped for it. Honestly this thread ought to be a sticky.

Juken

Smash Ace
I like the more challenging AI too, but Two of them just annoy me to no end: Kirby and lucas.

Kirby is just so ridiculous and gives me like no opportunity to hit, and it makes me so mad losing to it.
Lucas is like, if he hits you once, he'll just get a 20 hit combo and kill you.

Not saying the AI's fault, or that they're bad. Just saying that those guys annoy me to no end.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I don't think CPU combo itself is bad because players can practice DI and tech, but I think 1 frame reaction should be fixed as I said before.
It's not only annoying but also harmful.

Note : 1 frame reaction was made by Brawl developers.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to make CPUs do different OOS options other than just grab, and wavedash back? I'd love to see CPUs WD in after an attack and grab, do some OOS attacks, Shine OOS(Not sure if this is implemented).

I'm not sure how it would be programmed in though, if there are ways to tell if the CPU is under shield pressure to do those things OOS vs rolling or whatever.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I feel like if you guys reprogrammed their reaction time you'd have a mess on your hands to get their abilities back up to snuff. Not that I'm opposed to more human CPUs. Just noting that it'd probably take a lot of work.
You'd have to teach them to properly space themselves the way humans do, that is, in a way that accounts for 10-20 frames of reaction time (depends on the play obv). Among many other things they'd need to do differently.

Top Bottom