• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the unofficial **** that can infinite R.O.B thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am using the term inf loosely i know some of these can be di'ed out of (its more a footstool set-ups on R.O.B thread so don't post if something can be di'ed thank you

sheik http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234716
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7613760&postcount=493

Samus has a footstool inf http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254240, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzWk_cxO4aw

ZSS as a d-smash to footstool inf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCAaOhH6UUg

Pikachu has a inf (i think it goes footstool to quick attack cancel to another quick attack cancel)

i hear sonic has one as well (need link to thread and/or video)

CF has a footstool inf on rob (need link to thread/video)

more to come. idk everyone who has one so reminders and links would be helpful.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wouldn't bother with it. We already discussed that a bunch on the Sheik boards. It's extremely hard to get a footstool out of an ftilt so it's pretty much useless.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i figured it might be pretty tough and shieks might not learn to use it but i was not sure.

Sudai: i was not sure if this was known b/c whenever any one talks about footstool inf on rob people bring up CF, and ZSS, and now sometimes samus so i made this just in case people did not know.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
there has been alot of footstool setups, all are hard. i think pika (maybe i've mistaken it for the chaingrab), i think sonic boards came by a few months past and talked about it. i think ness/lucas (but we laughed it off....well we'll laugh at anything related to the earthbound children)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
there has been alot of footstool setups, all are hard. i think pika (maybe i've mistaken it for the chaingrab), i think sonic boards came by a few months past and talked about it. i think ness/lucas (but we laughed it off....well we'll laugh at anything related to the earthbound children)
true the only reason i made a thread for this one was b/c its very likely sheik will get a f-tilt on us during the match and since i did not know if it was hard to footstool after a f-tilt i thought i better post it just in case it was more like zss then cf's (sorry if this does not make sense just finished a 5 page essay and i can't make coherent sentences anymore

Silhouette

Smash Lord
yeah this loos a little easier to set up, we're bound to get hit with an f-tilt or two, tho not game breaking enough to screw the MU.

I havnt seen a vid of the C.Falcon lock on ROB either.

Sudai

Stuff here
Pika: DThrow (from 0-3%) > UTilt > FSJ > Quick Attack Lock
Shiek: FTilt > FSJ > FFBAir > Reset
ZSS: DSmash > FSJ > any number of resets > Repeat
CFalc: First hit NAir > FSJ > FFBAir > Reset
Sonic: One of his spins > FSJ > FFNAir > Jablock > Repeat(Minus the spin, it's just to put them in the right position)
Samus: I forgot how to do it, but there's a post on the front page.

The ones I know about in the ordear I learned about them.

Also, I played against Light's shiek for a long *** time when we both knew about this and he didn't get it on me. ROB has to be grounded for this to get started. Makes it a lot harder than you think. ;]

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Also, I played against Light's shiek for a long *** time when we both knew about this and he didn't get it on me. ROB has to be grounded for this to get started. Makes it a lot harder than you think. ;]
Ive played sole (ZSS) a ton, and as long as i concentrate it hasnt been too hard to avoid the Dsmash.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I wouldn't bother with it. We already discussed that a bunch on the Sheik boards. It's extremely hard to get a footstool out of an ftilt so it's pretty much useless.
Mars is right....cause F-tilt can be D.I.ed. This little combo looks cool though. :p
Also like I've said in the past....which I'll now rephrase.....almost no Footstoll's bother me. :)

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm still of the stance that no FSJ Infinites bother me. Not even ZSS's. :]

I'll only do $500 "Infinite MM" against Shiek, CFalc, and Samus. XD

NAGACE, if you don't mind, do you think you could make this into a sort of "**** that can infinite ROB" type thread and update the OP with information on the infinites and how to avoid them?

We can discuss avoiding them and things to do when we're in them to make them harder for people to pull off too.

If you don't feel up to it, would anyone else want to do it?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I'm still of the stance that no FSJ Infinites bother me. Not even ZSS's. :]

I'll only do $500 "Infinite MM" against Shiek, CFalc, and Samus. XD

NAGACE, if you don't mind, do you think you could make this into a sort of "**** that can infinite ROB" type thread and update the OP with information on the infinites and how to avoid them?

We can discuss avoiding them and things to do when we're in them to make them harder for people to pull off too.

If you don't feel up to it, would anyone else want to do it?
i will try but i am not sure if i know all the inf on rob so i might need some help. also finals coming up so i won't be on here as much for a week or so.

Sudai

Stuff here
I didn't mean for the title to actually be that, lmao. XD

I guess if anyone else wants to manage this thread, they should let me know. I want this to be something we link in the compendium and have it look official and shiz.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I feel special because I found 2 of these. :)

Anyways... they really aren't infinite's. They are more like 0 - death.
ZSS has the only true infinite.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Isn't Samus' an infinite, because it's continously putting you in a jab lock?

Sudai

Stuff here
I think we should at least make a semi-official one so we have concise, easy to read information for anyone interested.

I don't think Sonic's is really an infinite, but w/e. Samus' IS an infinite, but only if you don't SDI anything.

Also, a smart ROB likely won't be caught by any of the FSJ Infinite/Jab-Lock set-ups other than ZSS's and Sonic's.

Even then, Sonic's is only dangerous if you're already at a decently high percent (Jab lock ends with an FSmash). Espy did it to me twice in a tournament set during HOBOXX (I don't remember which HOBO, lol) and I don't think either killed me. Sonic's jab does pitiful damage and (QC)SDI reduces the damage to half (one fourth if you're awesome at QCSDI) due to reduced distance for him to jab lock you.

ZSS's is avoidable. DSmash is an amazing move for ZSS without the infinite and it's rare to be hit by one unless you're just dumb about the MU. Even then, a large portion of them have ROB off stage so it doesn't matter anyway.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Well if you're doing just straight up footstools to jab locks, Lucas can just magnet to get to the ground fast after a footstool...

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Well... it would be an infinite if it wasn't for the fact that jab gets increased knock back.

Final conclusion:
Play smart and most of these wont happen.
Look at the bright side.... you don't have a character that can grab buffer like Dedede or Pikachu.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Well... it would be an infinite if it wasn't for the fact that jab gets increased knock back.
If you push them into a wall or obstacle its infinite.

Or the most likely case, if you jab lock someone in a 2v1 your teammate can stand on the other side of them and act as a wall, but grab releasing is just as good, just much less cool.

I guess if anyone else wants to manage this thread, they should let me know. I want this to be something we link in the compendium and have it look official and shiz.
If N.A.G.A.C.E. doesnt want to run it I'll take it.

as you can tell by my sig im experienced in photoshop, I could give it a nice layout and shiz.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Lucas has a footstool combo as well.
But it isn't an infinite, forunatelly.

Saviors found it.
He finds everything related to footstools.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

1:lol i know u did mean for me to make the title that :) i kinda like it though.

2: for people who keep saying that some of the things are not inf i know that and in the op i say something like they are not inf its just a title its more a thread about stuff that can footstool R.O.B into locks.

3:A little sad this is not official looking enough. But since i wont be able to do much on here till maybe Wednesday and idk how to get it so i can have pictures of heads of the characters i am talking about i am fine with someone else taking this over

Silhouette

Smash Lord
3:A little sad this is not official looking enough. But since i wont be able to do much on here till maybe Wednesday and idk how to get it so i can have pictures of heads of the characters i am talking about i am fine with someone else taking this over
I could probably do it sunday-monday (tourney all day today), give it a nice spiffy layout and such, but can i keep the title??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom