• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Smash 4 Ruleset Poll RESULTS!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
yeah and i get it but he just needs to be shown how people can fell about smash and how it can be played.
Well then, why not show your friend M2K or ZeRo, two people who at some point played Melee competitively and play Smash 4 competitively? Or D1, who, although some may say he's only doing this for that Ninten$$$ (I'm certain he isn't), is a huge figure in the Smash community and loves competitive Smash 4. Trying to prove a point with an anybody isn't going to help your case, especially when your friend doesn't care about Smash 4 in the first place.

Or you could not assume that I'm a *******.
Fine, whatever...

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
Well then, why not show your friend M2K or ZeRo, two people who at some point played Melee competitively and play Smash 4 competitively? Or D1, who, although some may say he's only doing this for that Ninten$$$ (I'm certain he isn't), is a huge figure in the Smash community and loves competitive Smash 4. Trying to prove a point with an anybody isn't going to help your case, especially when your friend doesn't care about Smash 4 in the first place.
Yeah you might be right, but I'm just gonna talk to him about sm4sh in general. Because he told me he doesn't hate the game but just think it can't be played at a competitive level. Which I can understand but I don't agree with.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah you might be right, but I'm just gonna talk to him about sm4sh in general. Because he told me he doesn't hate the game but just think it can't be played at a competitive level. Which I can understand but I don't agree with.
Really, it's probably best to just leave it alone. Agree to disagree. How competitive something is isn't quantifiable outside of how much you personally see it's worth. There are plenty of people in the FGC who deem Melee as a non-competitive button masher while others deem it to be one of the pinnacles of competition. Point being, it's subjective.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
Really, it's probably best to just leave it alone. Agree to disagree. How competitive something is isn't quantifiable outside of how much you personally see it's worth. There are plenty of people in the FGC who deem Melee as a non-competitive button masher while others deem it to be one of the pinnacles of competition. Point being, it's subjective.
yeah you right

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
My appologies for the misunderstanding.

That's a cool story. I wish you all the best success as a competitive player!

If smash 4 is bringing people that love smash (but never competed before) to the competitive scene, that's amazing...
You get where I'm coming from though. I don't like hearing opinions from people who JUST started playing smash because smash 4 came out and it's the new and shiny game. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that their opinions don't matter in the slightest not until they have a few years experience.

Finally something positive I can like about smash 4. Hats off to you sir.
Yeah, I totally get it. I have friends who consider themselves "competitive" because they play For Glory. I'm willing to bet at least one of them voted on this for everything to be banned besides FD. So I get what you meant, I guess it seemed a bit... aggressive.
If we had the option to turn off stage hazards, a lot of stages could be legal.
Pyrosphere, PKMN Stadium 2, Wily Castle deserve to be starters.
While Port Town, Mushroom Kingdom U, Gamer deserve to be counterpicks.
Pokemon Stadiuym 2 already deserves to be legal. :estatic:

Last edited:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
This is not an attack against newcomers, but i kind of value their opinion less if you NEVER have attended tournaments for Smash 4 or any other Smash games /: sorry if that came off rude or something. I mean its awesome that Smash 4 is bringing in so many new people into competitive smash, but i think people should be going to tournaments more, not only to improve as players, but to help people decide on what an optimal ruleset for them personally is. And I also believe going to in person tournaments is what connects the community the most.

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Why is "3 Stocks 8 Minutes" the only 3 Stock Option to pick?
it's completely illogical to use 8 Minutes.
Most rulesets use 1 Stock 3 Minutes for the 1 Stock Rematch in case of a tie. 2 Stocks are almost always played with 6 Minutes.
3 Stocks should be played with 9 Minutes. 8 Minutes is arbitrary and just a carry over from Melee/Brawl with no thought put into it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Why is "3 Stocks 8 Minutes" the only 3 Stock Option to pick?
it's completely illogical to use 8 Minutes.
Most rulesets use 1 Stock 3 Minutes for the 1 Stock Rematch in case of a tie. 2 Stocks are almost always played with 6 Minutes.
3 Stocks should be played with 9 Minutes. 8 Minutes is arbitrary and just a carry over from Melee/Brawl with no thought put into it.
9 minutes is pushing it for a tournament setting where things need to be completed on time.

I hate to be a negative nancy becasue I know that there are a lot of smash 4 players that play fast / agressive..

But.... there are also many players that like nothing more than timing out the matches, which given the nature of smash 4 is a lot easier to aim for than in melee... 9 minute matches going to time out would hinder a tournament running smoothly unless it was small tournament or something.

it's tough to say what the ideal stocks / time should be, that's for sure. I think after EVO 2015 we'll have more data to make an educated decision... we can't just base everything off smash 4 at apex 2015 because that was a total disaster and made the game look more boring than it really is!

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
I like that 3 stocks is in the majority, but i'm surprised at customs. I tried it out and hate it. Some things are fun, but I am not about to get janked out by another DK, Palutena or Villager while I have a say in it.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
I was at a tourney yesterday and when I was watching/playing there was no conversation about stages everyone just went omega stages and there was nothing else besides that. I even tried talking to the people I was playing they wouldn't have it and just went omega. It sucks that the only thing I see is omega stages :c

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
I was at a tourney yesterday and when I was watching/playing there was no conversation about stages everyone just went omega stages and there was nothing else besides that. I even tried talking to the people I was playing they wouldn't have it and just went omega. It sucks that the only thing I see is omega stages :c

Top Bottom