• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I hope this leak is real, I really really want Shadow in, Echo or not.
Same. I hope this leak is real I want shadow in this game so badly :/ but I’m 50/50 on this leak. It seem too good to be true even with the amount of evidence supporting it.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I don't think "too good to be true" should be a major detraction against the leak. This ENTIRE game so far has been "too good to be true". Everyone's back? Ridley? Simon AND Richter? K. Rool?? I feel like people have already forgotten how insane some of these additions have been.

I'm just on the fence with the leak because of all the odd discrepancies and circumstances surrounding it. Though, I'll gladly take any leak as long as Shadow's a part of it.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I don't think "too good to be true" should be a major detraction against the leak. This ENTIRE game so far has been "too good to be true". Everyone's back? Ridley? Simon AND Richter? K. Rool?? I feel like people have already forgotten how insane some of these additions have been.

I'm just on the fence with the leak because of all the odd discrepancies and circumstances surrounding it. Though, I'll gladly take any leak as long as Shadow's a part of it.
True. The whole “everything is too good to be true” should not indicate that this leak could be fake. The reason why I say this though is because sakurai did say not to expect too many fighters and he was slowing down reveals. However if this leak is real then sakurai pretty much was trying to set our expectations down on purpose giving us a smash ultimate blowout. But I’m still 50/50 though there are some evidence for it but some against it. But it have shadow in it so of course I want this to be real.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
This leak sure is strange. It seems like as time goes on not only do we find reason to doubt it, but more reason to support it. Aside from Shadow I have little bias towards any of the leaked newcomers on the banner, but I was pretty sure Shadow was getting in anyway, so... from my standpoint I have a hard time believing it's fake. It could be though. This is weird.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
This leak sure is strange. It seems like as time goes on not only do we find reason to doubt it, but more reason to support it. Aside from Shadow I have little bias towards any of the leaked newcomers on the banner, but I was pretty sure Shadow was getting in anyway, so... from my standpoint I have a hard time believing it's fake. It could be though. This is weird.
Yes it really is a weird leak and I believe it’s still not debunked yet. Even if this leak could be fake I still think shadow have a chance (I hope).

SonicMario

Smash Master
The Golden Sun item has ticked me a bit closer to believing it. Albeit I'm still not certain yet.

But if it is real, I hope some of you guys come on over to the Tails thread for DLC speculation. I plan to get at least a twitter campaign going for him eventually. I do think Shadow being an echo won't kill any chance of another Sonic character if we put into account that Sega may want to provide a character to profit off DLC and of course Shadow being an echo that didn't take as long to develop. And Tails would still have that Mii costume thing in his favor especially with Knuckles and Shadow upgraded while he's suspiciously still just a cameo/returning Mii costume.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
The Golden Sun item has ticked me a bit closer to believing it. Albeit I'm still not certain yet.

But if it is real, I hope some of you guys come on over to the Tails thread for DLC speculation. I plan to get at least a twitter campaign going for him eventually. I do think Shadow being an echo won't kill any chance of another Sonic character if we put into account that Sega may want to provide a character to profit off DLC and of course Shadow being an echo that didn't take as long to develop. And Tails would still have that Mii costume thing in his favor especially with Knuckles and Shadow upgraded while he's suspiciously still just a cameo/returning Mii costume.
I was planning on supporting tails and other characters if shadow got in. So you have my support.

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
If Shadow is confirmed in Smash, then I want Silver next! It would be great to see three hedgehogs in a Smash ^^

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
I want Shadow in if only to be able to listen to Live and Learn. You have my support. Anyway, since it’s almost impossible that Shadow could be unique with at least 5 more likely unique newcomers (at least according to the banner leak), how do you think Shadow would be modified as an echo? A skating animation? Teleportation? Chaos control elements?

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I want Shadow in if only to be able to listen to Live and Learn. You have my support. Anyway, since it’s almost impossible that Shadow could be unique with at least 5 more likely unique newcomers (at least according to the banner leak), how do you think Shadow would be modified as an echo? A skating animation? Teleportation? Chaos control elements?
I believe shadow will be a Chrom level echo. He will have different animations like dark samus but have different specials like Chrom do with his up B. So I think shadow will have teleportation as his up B and I hope he will have chaos spear at least in his move set. And maybe a different final smash I’m kinda hoping for chaos blast but there are many options for shadow when it comes to that.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I believe shadow will be a Chrom level echo. He will have different animations like dark samus but have different specials like Chrom do with his up B. So I think shadow will have teleportation as his up B and I hope he will have chaos spear at least in his move set. And maybe a different final smash I’m kinda hoping for chaos blast but there are many options for shadow when it comes to that.
He'll only have a different Up-B (being that Chaos Control Teleport), giving him Chaos Sphere as a Side-B would make him very broken as a character and likewise again destroys the Echo status, Echoes are allowed to have one special move changed.

Chaos Control SHOULD be the only Chaos-based move Shadow gets (replacing the Spring Jump), while retaining Sonic's moveset as a whole (aside from different animations that are unique to Shadow).

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
That Grinch tho... it’s looking good guys. Let’s keep those fingers crossed for our boy. This damn leak gets more credible each passing day. I’m absolutely beaming as I type this. Fingers crossed.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey! Long time no see!

(Sorry, I just thought it was the appropriate way to say hi for this thread)

Not sure if I've stopped by before, but I just want to say I support Shadow.

Well, in reality, I support almost any 2nd Sonic character, but under the most wanted tier I had Metal Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow (chronologically ordered). So I'm perfectly good with either of them.

Then Amy, Blaze and Eggman just for representations sake...

But I want a 2nd Sonic character who can play mostly like Sonic, or is at least as fast as him.

So, what do I want from Shadow, now that the evidence is pointing more and more in his favor?

Well... First of all, what everyone wants from him. A new Up+B being teleport.
I almost always abuse Sonic's springs. But I don't mind trading offense for defense for particular matchups where my opponent can frame trap my spring recovery below the ledge, leading to a stage spike. This is when Shadow would come in handy.

Second most important thing.
I want a trailer. I don't care if he's an echo. Shadow needs to have his own trailer.
Grinding down a rail, with [I am all of me] pumping out as he's taking everyone down and Sonic chases after him for some reason.

Third. Super Shadow Chaos Blast for his final smash.

Third, alt colors:
Black + red (default)
Black + yellow
Black + grey (Mephiles first copy form)
Android + red
Android + yellow
Indigo + silver (Mephiles 2nd form colors)
Black + blue (I've seen it somewhere...)
Android + blue
Metallic Shadow (Heroes Multiplayer)
Super Shadow (alt costume)

And that's it. :)
Can't wait to play as him.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
Thoughts from the Isaac Thread (also posted in general)

PM745

Smash Rookie
"I now understand why I am here. I made a promise and I'm here to keep it. Today, I put the past behind me."

View attachment 153232

Surprisingly there was no Shadow thread in the Directory. Given recent events I figured I would fix that.

Shadow the Hedgehog first was conceived after the creation of Sonic Adventure as an antagonist to Sonic; a dark anti hero who appeared physically similar to Sonic, but had vastly contrasting goals and personality. This was partially the case to tie into the heroes vs villains of Sonic Adventure 2. In essence, Shadow was created to be the Anti Sonic. Promotional coverage even called him Anti Sonic before his name was revealed. Fan demand and popularity lead to Shadow surviving his apparent death in Sonic Adventure 2. Since then, Shadow has remained one of the most popular Sonic characters, and easily the most popular created in the post Genesis era.

OK, I know about Shadow. He is the assist trophy from Sonic, he is super edgy, why should he be in over other Sonic Characters?

Well, Sonic seems to have had a noticeable shuffle, with Knuckles now playing the role of assist trophy. Furthermore, the Shadow assist trophy, despite being in both Brawl and Smash 4, has not been sighted yet. Finally, the discussion on echo fighters can lead to Shadow potentially becoming Sonic's echo fighter, with minor differences to show of his Chaos abilities. This essentially helps us have a perfect storm where Shadow the Hedgehog becomes a realistic possibility. Shadow having a similar body to Sonic and using Homing Attacks and Spin Dashes help the idea of Shadow being a Sonic Echo/Clone/preferred nomenclature. While other Sonic characters have a greater legacy than Shadow in the franchise, none are as realizable.

Shadow offers more than just being a Sonic clone, however. Having an antagonist of any kind is good for Smash. As of this writing, Smash Ultimate has 10 antagonists playable. While we already have got one antagonist returning from being cut and one added as a newcomer, more antagonists are always welcome in the game. Combine this with how easy it is to realize Shadow in the wake of his Assist Trophy being mysteriously absent, and you have a fighter that could easily make it in. Sonic Adventure 2's popularity also helps Shadow. Sonic Adventure 2 was for many Nintendo fans the first time they had ever played a Sonic game on their home console. Shadow's starring role in that game helps his case.

While Shadow did take a hiatus from the limelight of the Sonic Series around the turn of the decade, he still has had some notable appearances. Sonic Generations highlighted him as a boss fight within the Sonic Adventure 2 section of the game. Sonic Forces, in spite of some hiccups in quality, did highlight Shadow as an important character in the story, even getting his own mini episode as DLC. Team Sonic Racing's trailer further shows his modern relevancy as Sonic's current rival.

Ok I get your case, but Sonic won't get another rep. No third party franchise will get a second rep.
Yes, and third parties must have a strong relationship to Nintendo or there won't be more than one third party character per company. These rules are kind of arbitrary. Furthermore, if any third party series "deserves" a second rep it is Sonic, due to it having the strongest track record with the Smash series.

Fine, whatever, do you at least have some music?

Sure! Sonic is known for its music, and the Adventure games are no exception. We all know Live and Learn or Open Your Heart, but there are plenty of other great choices fitting for Shadow.

Supporter List
  1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592
  70. Sølid
  71. ShortcutButton
  72. kylexv
  73. Giga Kaiju
  74. TheFVGuy
  75. Shiny Porygon
  76. LeeSmash4Me
  77. magiciandude
  78. The King of Skulls
  79. MonkeyDLenny
  80. xNaz
  81. grizby2
  82. Saiko18
  83. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  84. Xenorange
  85. Akg0001
  86. BravadoMan_13
  87. YoYoFantaFanta
  88. Chrono.
  89. RC-3197
"I now understand why I am here. I made a promise and I'm here to keep it. Today, I put the past behind me."

View attachment 153232

Surprisingly there was no Shadow thread in the Directory. Given recent events I figured I would fix that.

Shadow the Hedgehog first was conceived after the creation of Sonic Adventure as an antagonist to Sonic; a dark anti hero who appeared physically similar to Sonic, but had vastly contrasting goals and personality. This was partially the case to tie into the heroes vs villains of Sonic Adventure 2. In essence, Shadow was created to be the Anti Sonic. Promotional coverage even called him Anti Sonic before his name was revealed. Fan demand and popularity lead to Shadow surviving his apparent death in Sonic Adventure 2. Since then, Shadow has remained one of the most popular Sonic characters, and easily the most popular created in the post Genesis era.

OK, I know about Shadow. He is the assist trophy from Sonic, he is super edgy, why should he be in over other Sonic Characters?

Well, Sonic seems to have had a noticeable shuffle, with Knuckles now playing the role of assist trophy. Furthermore, the Shadow assist trophy, despite being in both Brawl and Smash 4, has not been sighted yet. Finally, the discussion on echo fighters can lead to Shadow potentially becoming Sonic's echo fighter, with minor differences to show of his Chaos abilities. This essentially helps us have a perfect storm where Shadow the Hedgehog becomes a realistic possibility. Shadow having a similar body to Sonic and using Homing Attacks and Spin Dashes help the idea of Shadow being a Sonic Echo/Clone/preferred nomenclature. While other Sonic characters have a greater legacy than Shadow in the franchise, none are as realizable.

Shadow offers more than just being a Sonic clone, however. Having an antagonist of any kind is good for Smash. As of this writing, Smash Ultimate has 10 antagonists playable. While we already have got one antagonist returning from being cut and one added as a newcomer, more antagonists are always welcome in the game. Combine this with how easy it is to realize Shadow in the wake of his Assist Trophy being mysteriously absent, and you have a fighter that could easily make it in. Sonic Adventure 2's popularity also helps Shadow. Sonic Adventure 2 was for many Nintendo fans the first time they had ever played a Sonic game on their home console. Shadow's starring role in that game helps his case.

While Shadow did take a hiatus from the limelight of the Sonic Series around the turn of the decade, he still has had some notable appearances. Sonic Generations highlighted him as a boss fight within the Sonic Adventure 2 section of the game. Sonic Forces, in spite of some hiccups in quality, did highlight Shadow as an important character in the story, even getting his own mini episode as DLC. Team Sonic Racing's trailer further shows his modern relevancy as Sonic's current rival.

Ok I get your case, but Sonic won't get another rep. No third party franchise will get a second rep.
Yes, and third parties must have a strong relationship to Nintendo or there won't be more than one third party character per company. These rules are kind of arbitrary. Furthermore, if any third party series "deserves" a second rep it is Sonic, due to it having the strongest track record with the Smash series.

Fine, whatever, do you at least have some music?

Sure! Sonic is known for its music, and the Adventure games are no exception. We all know Live and Learn or Open Your Heart, but there are plenty of other great choices fitting for Shadow.

Supporter List
  1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592
  70. Sølid
  71. ShortcutButton
  72. kylexv
  73. Giga Kaiju
  74. TheFVGuy
  75. Shiny Porygon
  76. LeeSmash4Me
  77. magiciandude
  78. The King of Skulls
  79. MonkeyDLenny
  80. xNaz
  81. grizby2
  82. Saiko18
  83. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  84. Xenorange
  85. Akg0001
  86. BravadoMan_13
  87. YoYoFantaFanta
  88. Chrono.
  89. RC-3197
PM745

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Hey! Long time no see!

(Sorry, I just thought it was the appropriate way to say hi for this thread)

Not sure if I've stopped by before, but I just want to say I support Shadow.

Well, in reality, I support almost any 2nd Sonic character, but under the most wanted tier I had Metal Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow (chronologically ordered). So I'm perfectly good with either of them.

Then Amy, Blaze and Eggman just for representations sake...

But I want a 2nd Sonic character who can play mostly like Sonic, or is at least as fast as him.

So, what do I want from Shadow, now that the evidence is pointing more and more in his favor?

Well... First of all, what everyone wants from him. A new Up+B being teleport.
I almost always abuse Sonic's springs. But I don't mind trading offense for defense for particular matchups where my opponent can frame trap my spring recovery below the ledge, leading to a stage spike. This is when Shadow would come in handy.

Second most important thing.
I want a trailer. I don't care if he's an echo. Shadow needs to have his own trailer.
Grinding down a rail, with [I am all of me] pumping out as he's taking everyone down and Sonic chases after him for some reason.

Third. Super Shadow Chaos Blast for his final smash.

Third, alt colors:
Black + red (default)
Black + yellow
Black + grey (Mephiles first copy form)
Android + red
Android + yellow
Indigo + silver (Mephiles 2nd form colors)
Black + blue (I've seen it somewhere...)
Android + blue
Metallic Shadow (Heroes Multiplayer)
Super Shadow (alt costume)

And that's it. :)
Can't wait to play as him.
Good costume choices, but I would swap out the Super Shadow alt costume (seeing as Sonic lacks his Super Form as an alt, it would be fair for Shadow to have the same outcome), I'd say a Black+Green alt would work very well.

Actually here's what would be my choices for costume alts if Shadow gets in:

Black+Red (obviously the default costume).

Black+Yellow (based on one of his alt skins from the Shadow the Hedgehog game).

Black+Grey (based on first form Mephiles).

Black+Blue (based on Sonic perhaps?)

Black+Green (probably based on Jet a bit.)

Black+Purple (or Violet).

Red+Black (based on the Chaos Blast move from Shadow the Hedgehog, basically a reverse version of the default costume).

Blue+Black (Based on the Chaos Control move from the same game, reverse of the Black+Blue alt).

Last edited:

kodoru__

Smash Cadet
Silver color of sonic in Smash4 is missing now. It may have been removed for no reason, but I hope Shadow gets that color. I'm sure that color will fit Shadow very well!

I used Silver color mostly on Smash 4, so it would make me sad if it disappeared at all.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Another day passes and the Grinch has yet again increased in power. I’ve still got my fingers crossed but it’s looking DAMN good for Shaddy boi right now.
683ABFEF-4504-47AE-A309-AF3F7FC0A6D1.gif

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If he's in I hope Shadow's got better alts than Sonic does.

He could have his highlights in different colors like in the multiplayer of his eponymous game for instance.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If he's in I hope Shadow's got better alts than Sonic does.

He could have his highlights in different colors like in the multiplayer of his eponymous game for instance.
I'm really hoping for a black+green alt. That'd just be a really nice combo.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping for a black+green alt. That'd just be a really nice combo.
Yea I’m hoping that shadow will get alts from the shadow the hedgehog game when playing multiple player there are different colored shadows. Black/yellow would be my favorite color to see on shadow. :)

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember where I heard this but apparently the third parties have a say in how the color alts for their characters look. Sega/Sonic Team seems to be really strict with Sonic, so it's why almost all of Sonic's alt colors are just different shades of blue. Same goes for Square and why Cloud's colors are so desaturated and same-y. Kinda hoping Shadow doesn't get the same treatment, mostly because I'd like a black+purple alt...

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I can't remember where I heard this but apparently the third parties have a say in how the color alts for their characters look. Sega/Sonic Team seems to be really strict with Sonic, so it's why almost all of Sonic's alt colors are just different shades of blue. Same goes for Square and why Cloud's colors are so desaturated and same-y. Kinda hoping Shadow doesn't get the same treatment, mostly because I'd like a black+purple alt...
It's not just third parties. Apparently, TPCI is also very strict about Pokemon colors as well. For one, none of the Pokemon have their shiny colorings as alts, when that would be a no brainer.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'd be very annoyed if Silver got in over Tails. =\
I'm pretty sure if Sonic is allowed a non-echo character in DLC it would be Tails whether or not Shadow is in the base game or not.

Silver's just too unpopular due to the stigma of Sonic 06. I mean no offense to the person who's hoping for Silver. But I'm sure they understand that Silver's rather unlikely for many reasons.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It's not so much 3rd parties as much as the parent companies being spoilsports who are like "nono, Sonic MUST be blue!!" or "Pac-Man is yellow, or he wouldn't be Pac-Man!".
At least Mega Man got some pretty good colors.

Still hoping that Shadows recolors are along the lines of Mewtwos alts.

7NATOR

Smash Master
What's up guys, haven't posted since the Leak. In any case, Excited for my Boy Shadow...however

Despite everything, even what Chadendorf said, i still don't think he's an echo. It sounds crazy, but i still think Shadow will be unique...

I think Ken will be the only Echo fighter, and that he will push the limits of Echo Fighters without being a Semi-Clone. Shadow Semi-Clone though

I think 7 unique newcomers revealed soon

Mach Rider, Chrous Kids/Conductor, Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Shadow, Skull Kid

Yes

Chadendorf seems to have lots of great info, but i think he can have wrong/incomplete info. That is all

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I can't see Shadow being a semiclone with that many other characters left to be shown. That said, I do think I have a good idea of what kind of changes he'll be seeing from Sonic.

- Obviously, his animations will be altered to better fit Shadow, who is not the cocky showoff that Sonic is. His running animation will be changed to skating, his fair will resemble his homing attack combo from '06 while functioning the same as Sonic's, and his bair will have him use both legs to kick rather than one.
- He will be slightly slower, but stronger, than Sonic. His weight will be identical.
- His up special will remain a spring, but the spring will appear to be more rusted to fit the theme of his eponymous game. His side special will be taken from Snake's nikita, but styled as a gun from his game as well. Appearing as a Shadow rifle or something, but on a rare occasion maybe as the Omochao gun? Alternatively perhaps a Chaos Spear functioning similar to Lucas's PK Fire. His Spin Dash could utilize the fire attributes from Sonic's old custom down special in 4 as a callback to his debut game, Sonic Adventure 2 (an animation change only, of course).
- Shadow's taunts can depict him clenching his fist and turning away from the camera, tossing up a Chaos Emerald and catching it, and vanishing and reappearing via Chaos Control.

His alternate colors could be based on the multiplayer mode from his game (as many have already stated above), Mephiles's grey and later purplish colors, etc.

That's my idea, anyway. I know some want him to get Mewtwo's up special since it'd be a teleport, but personally I'd prefer a spring still so he doesn't lose some combo game.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
What's up guys, haven't posted since the Leak. In any case, Excited for my Boy Shadow...however

Despite everything, even what Chadendorf said, i still don't think he's an echo. It sounds crazy, but i still think Shadow will be unique...

I think Ken will be the only Echo fighter, and that he will push the limits of Echo Fighters without being a Semi-Clone. Shadow Semi-Clone though

Yes

Chadendorf seems to have lots of great info, but i think he can have wrong/incomplete info. That is all
Shadow COULD be a semi-clone since it was mention by Jon from gamexplain who I think have insider information and he gotten some things right before. But I’m not going to hold his word for it just going to keep a watchful eye. Regardless I’m just glad Shadow may be in this game.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I can't see Shadow being a semiclone with that many other characters left to be shown. That said, I do think I have a good idea of what kind of changes he'll be seeing from Sonic.

- Obviously, his animations will be altered to better fit Shadow, who is not the cocky showoff that Sonic is. His running animation will be changed to skating, his fair will resemble his homing attack combo from '06 while functioning the same as Sonic's, and his bair will have him use both legs to kick rather than one.
- He will be slightly slower, but stronger, than Sonic. His weight will be identical.
- His up special will remain a spring, but the spring will appear to be more rusted to fit the theme of his eponymous game. His side special will be taken from Snake's nikita, but styled as a gun from his game as well. Appearing as a Shadow rifle or something, but on a rare occasion maybe as the Omochao gun? Alternatively perhaps a Chaos Spear functioning similar to Lucas's PK Fire. His Spin Dash could utilize the fire attributes from Sonic's old custom down special in 4 as a callback to his debut game, Sonic Adventure 2 (an animation change only, of course).
- Shadow's taunts can depict him clenching his fist and turning away from the camera, tossing up a Chaos Emerald and catching it, and vanishing and reappearing via Chaos Control.

His alternate colors could be based on the multiplayer mode from his game (as many have already stated above), Mephiles's grey and later purplish colors, etc.

That's my idea, anyway. I know some want him to get Mewtwo's up special since it'd be a teleport, but personally I'd prefer a spring still so he doesn't lose some combo game.
Even making Shadow slightly slower than Sonic completely destroys his Echo status, I'm getting sick of people wanting a slightly slower Sonic if Shadow gets in (because it only happened in the worst Sonic game ever)! It's never happening!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master

Yes

Shadow's an echo if this leak is real.

The only scenario Ken is the only echo fighter left is if the Box Theory turns out correct. Which I now think even if the banner/grinch leak is fake. Probably isn't (Because at the very least Isaac's probably in due to that item discovery in the Wendy's tailgate tour).

It's nearly hard to believe there is 5 more uniques still to announce with almost just a month to go. Let alone 6 or 7 (When you included Skull Kid). That's 2 more character trailers (And Sakurai going over some of their movesets most likely) you'd have to try to fit in the direct with when you already have the other 5 plus all the info on spirits and everything else they'll want to show. I'm willing to at least think of the possibility the banner leak is real, but don't want to go all-in believing it just yet. (I want it to be real though, not trying to deny it)

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Posted this on the Twitter but decided to reshare here. Anyone here an aspiring artist who'd like to draw up a nice little "thank you" to Sakurai for including Shadow in smash? Obviously we don't have 100% confirmation yet but having something ready to go for when he is announced would be nice. I'd credit you and link in the tweet :)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So what’s the ideal move set for Shadow when/if he gets in?

For me:
-All normal attacks are near identical to :ultsonic: with slight animation differences but are functionally more stronger with better KO potential
-Teleport Up B akin to :ultmewtwo:/:ultzelda:/:ultsheik:
-Neutral B is same as :ultsonic: but with a combo added like Legacy.
-Side B is Chaos Spear
-Down B is identical to :ultsonic:
-Final Smash is Super Shadow which is same as :ultsonic:

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So what’s the ideal move set for Shadow when/if he gets in?

For me:
-All normal attacks are near identical to :ultsonic: with slight animation differences
-Teleport Up B akin to :ultmewtwo:/:ultzelda:/:ultsheik:
-Neutral B is same as :ultsonic: but with a combo added like Legacy.
-Side B is Chaos Spear
-Down B is identical to :ultsonic:
This looks pretty good although I wouldn't complain if side B is the motorcycle :troll:

Top Bottom