• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So I've been thinking about what differences Shadow could have if he becomes an Echo Fighter and I can't think of much. With Pit and Dark Pit there's a difference in their arrows and arm moves. What could they do between both Sonic and Shadow? I can see Shadow's movement being different since he has the air shows, so they'd have to make his run animation different. But aside from that I can't think of anything else. Any ideas?
His specials would probably hit harder, if I had to guess, maybe instead of spindashing being a combo tool it'd be more used to finish people off.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, I can see them making Shadow Sonic's Luigi: sharing a lot, but not all, of the same moves, having less ground traction ('cause skates), higher jumps, etc.

Troykv

Smash Master
The ground movement should be at least be different (because that is different even in the games where Sonic and Shadow are clone characters), with slippery physics and everything.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The ground movement should be at least be different (because that is different even in the games where Sonic and Shadow are clone characters), with slippery physics and everything.
Shadow runs on 'rocket skates', it only makes sense that he'd be slippery when they're in use, huh?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know, I can see them making Shadow Sonic's Luigi: sharing a lot, but not all, of the same moves, having less ground traction ('cause skates), higher jumps, etc.
I also just see him being a little slower but more powerful than Sonic, if they go that far.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Updated the OP and the supporters list, KMDP KMDP .

Surprised that the thread has grown this much. We are consistantly on the front page. Keep up the good work.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
While I would prefer if Shadow was more of a Luigi styled clone, so that moves like his Up B could be his signature Chaos Control teleport.

But if he is going to have the same spring jump as Sonic I think they should reskin them to look like the ones from his game, with that rusted out look.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/File:ShTH_Spring.png

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
While I would prefer if Shadow was more of a Luigi styled clone, so that move like his Up B could be his signature Chaos Control teleport.

But if he is going to have the same spring jump as Sonic I think they should reskin them to look like the ones from his game, with that rusted out look.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Spring/Gallery
That would be nice; it still works like a spring; and gives Shadow his own thematic item.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The Shadow game has probably one of the more forgettable soundtracks (There's not many levels you can name them and I'll remember what their theme sounded like other then Cryptic Castle) but most of the Vocal Tracks were still pretty fun and/or good listens. (Favorite out of them is probably All... Of Me, though on the opposite side I think All Hail Shadow is too cheesy even for Sonic standards. Almost Dead is also the most stereotypically edgy theme in the game xP)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey everyone just jumping in and saying I want Shadow, but not as an Echo, I want Shadow with a motorcycle and dual pistols. Would actually be super down for that lmao

(Either way good luck, Shadow would be sick and way better than Sonic, echo or not ^_^)

SonicMario

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nnouncements_to_share_at_this_years_comic-con

Could this be a Shadow smash announcement?

I know it seems almost unlikely that sega would announce a character but who knows.
No, this is mainly for the IDW comics. And if there's any substantial video game stuff, mainly some more advertising for Sonic Mania Plus, and maybe another reveal for Team Sonic Racing (Probably Eggman's team I'd assume). But I wouldn't expect Smash at all.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone just jumping in and saying I want Shadow, but not as an Echo, I want Shadow with a motorcycle and dual pistols. Would actually be super down for that lmao

(Either way good luck, Shadow would be sick and way better than Sonic, echo or not ^_^)

I am in the opposite of that. If shadow had a motorcycle and dual pistols that would 100% keep me away from ever playing him.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I would never want the guns back since they don't really work with the tone of the series. (even though gamplay wise they worked really well in that game). Also hasn't realistic looking guns like that been a no-no for these games? Hence why that ray gun became a flash light.

The bike should only ever return in those Sonic car racing games (weird how they haven't been doing that twice in a row now). Besides Wario already has a motorcycle attack.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've played a couple of games to know a good bit about him. I'm planning on getting Sonic Mania for my PS4. I support!

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
While I would prefer if Shadow was more of a Luigi styled clone, so that moves like his Up B could be his signature Chaos Control teleport.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Spring/Gallery
I really like this idea. It's such a simple change, but it works out really well for Shadow. I hope this ends up being what happens if he's an Echo Fighter.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Wow I only just found out the 3DS version of Sonic Generations had remixes to these songs

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think Shadow would be a great echo fighter for sonic, one of two echo fighters i actually want in smash, add me to that support list :3

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Wow I only just found out the 3DS version of Sonic Generations had remixes to these songs

I'm guessing you never played the 3DS version of Generations? It had some pretty good remixes. I had a lot of fun playing it. I just wish it wasn't so painfully short.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you never played the 3DS version of Generations? It had some pretty good remixes. I had a lot of fun playing it. I just wish it wasn't so painfully short.
Nope, only played it on the 360. I heard the Time Eater Boss fight in that version of the game was actually not terrible in a top Sonic bosses video once, so I did know it was pretty different.

Still I didn't expect them to have Sonic go through Radical Highway (Shadow's "Greenhill" basically) and fight the Biolizard, since they don't really relate to him. Its neat though.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be cool to have Shadow playable. I would prefer him be unique but that is personal preference. I support

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I could have it either way and be happy honestly, I think it's a win win.
I agree! I am so excited for the potential to add shadow!

I also think if they add shadow it would be cool to add silver. Having all 3 hedgehogs in the game could be a fun concept.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Nope, only played it on the 360. I heard the Time Eater Boss fight in that version of the game was actually not terrible in a top Sonic bosses video once, so I did know it was pretty different.

Still I didn't expect them to have Sonic go through Radical Highway (Shadow's "Greenhill" basically) and fight the Biolizard, since they don't really relate to him. Its neat though.
Yea the Time Eater was much better than the PS3 version (which was the version I played). It was also weird how they had Sonic go through Radical Highway (I was expecting Metal Harbor), but I wasn't complaining. Regardless, It was all some really nice fan service.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
They could add Fire what shoots out of ships Shoes like Zero Suit Samus

I’m going say this here while I will take shadow as Sonic rep it will bug me if he shares the same red spring from Sonic’s up B. I know that’s how echos work but at least change the colour.

Also I don’t even like Sonic’s Up B the Ring toss from Soinc Battle would of been great to see

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
With the current Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle writer? That's cool. I know it is a single issue, but the Turtles usually has a one-shot issue every now and again. Hope it's good. Been planning on picking up the current Sonic IDW run.
I still need to check out the current run myself.

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to reiterate an idea I had for shadow as a clone, (I honestly agree with KMDP, Echo is not the best way to get Shadow in) where we use Chaos control like tipper and make it a move property for moves like spring jump, so he can recover better with the spring jump end lag

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
While I'd personally prefer Tails or Knuckles as the second Sonic rep, since Knuckles is now an Assist Trophy and Tails unlikely as a newcomer, I'll gladly take Shadow as an Echo Fighter of Sonic. He honestly fits the bill for that role more than any other character in the series in my opinion, even Metal Sonic or Classic Sonic. I discredit Metal because he rarely uses any of Sonic's attacks or anything similar outside of Spin Attacks, and Classic because of height differences (and honestly "Modern" Sonic in Smash now I feel represents the character well enough). Shadow, while still being the most diverse from these three, he shares more with Sonic at the same time in attacks and properties (ala SA2). Also, as far as I'm aware, Shadow is still the 2nd most popular character in the franchise behind Sonic, especially to the younger demographic, so I think his spot would be more than well deserved. The only problem he faces is being a 3rd party and the potential 1st 2nd rep for a 3rd party (that's a lot of ordinal numbers), but he still has my support. And if you guys didn't mind, I'd love to share my personal moveset of how I'd see Shadow as an Echo Fighter.

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
While I'd personally prefer Tails or Knuckles as the second Sonic rep, since Knuckles is now an Assist Trophy and Tails unlikely as a newcomer, I'll gladly take Shadow as an Echo Fighter of Sonic. He honestly fits the bill for that role more than any other character in the series in my opinion, even Metal Sonic or Classic Sonic. I discredit Metal because he rarely uses any of Sonic's attacks or anything similar outside of Spin Attacks, and Classic because of height differences (and honestly "Modern" Sonic in Smash now I feel represents the character well enough). Shadow, while still being the most diverse from these three, he shares more with Sonic at the same time in attacks and properties (ala SA2). Also, as far as I'm aware, Shadow is still the 2nd most popular character in the franchise behind Sonic, especially to the younger demographic, so I think his spot would be more than well deserved. The only problem he faces is being a 3rd party and the potential 1st 2nd rep for a 3rd party (that's a lot of ordinal numbers), but he still has my support. And if you guys didn't mind, I'd love to share my personal moveset of how I'd see Shadow as an Echo Fighter.
I disagree with your assessment of his popularity, Shadows popularity was a product of his time, with the whole edge thing. ( I feel the best way to fix shadow for a younger audience is to turn him into Reverse Flash or Eobard Thawne, but that's just me) aside from that, I agree wholeheartedly, please, show us your move set. ( I can't find a way to word that un-condescendingly, so just know I mean it genuinely)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I disagree with your assessment of his popularity, Shadows popularity was a product of his time, with the whole edge thing. ( I feel the best way to fix shadow for a younger audience is to turn him into Reverse Flash or Eobard Thawne, but that's just me) aside from that, I agree wholeheartedly, please, show us your move set. ( I can't find a way to word that un-condescendingly, so just know I mean it genuinely)
Everything Sonic related is a product of its time. The mascot with attitude and the edgy rival were both cool when they were created, but people can still see past that and appreciate the characters for what they are.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I feel the best way to fix shadow for a younger audience is to turn him into Reverse Flash or Eobard Thawne, but that's just me)
You want to turn Shadow into a psycho obsessed with killing his counterpart? Wound't that make him a even more unbearable egdelord like the Sonic Boom version of him?

Shadow to me should be like Dragonball Super's Vegeta.
Competitive, serious, and a loner. But also righteous, loyal, and with some funny quirks (like the bike thing I posted earlier)

KMDP

Smash Legend
You want to turn Shadow into a psycho obsessed with killing his counterpart? Wound't that make him a even more unbearable egdelord like the Sonic Boom version of him?

Shadow to me should be like Dragonball Super's Vegeta.
Competitive, serious, and a loner. But also righteous, loyal, and with some funny quirks (like the bike thing I posted earlier)
Yes. Eobard Thorne makes sense within the context of DC, where most of the villains have some kind of mental illness driving their motivation (Eobard has Grandiose Delusions, for the record, he believes himself to be the 'real Flash'). Shadow works better as Sonic's Vegeta.

Anyway, Metal Sonic is the one who thinks he's the real Sonic.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
( I feel the best way to fix shadow for a younger audience is to turn him into Reverse Flash or Eobard Thawne, but that's just me)
Woah woah woah, isn't becoming LESS of a villain the point of Shadow's development? Also; Thawne's literally one of DC's most despicable and evil villains (I mean he's cool as hell but that's besides the point) and I feel like making Shadow more like him would be not only a step backwards in his character but also make him more edgy.

Top Bottom