• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the two deathnote movies...

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
who has seen them? and what did u think?

for those who dont know, deathnote has come out with 2 movies. i watched it with subtitles but...i think it was great nonetheless. they kept extremely true to the series, other then misa havin black air instead of blonde. they were live action also.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I saw the first one and I thought it was pretty not good. They changed it too much and when Misora shoots herself in the head there is no blood or anything, what the hell?

Izak29

Smash Rookie
I was planning on seeing the first movie, didn't know there was a second. But from what i've heard, it has a different plot line from the anime/manga, but IMO, that's probably for the better. After all, who wants to see the same plotline for the second time?

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Wow I didnt know they made a movie and did one of guys say live action?

So what are the characters in the movie? I mean a new Kira or what?

shal

Smash Apprentice
it was ok, they could have atleast get some better looking character's to suit the characters although i loved the L character

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Feh, the live action movies were decent at best. I watched both of them and was mildly entertained. I guess it was a cool new way to watch my favorite anime of all time, but lets face it, anime to live action transitions usually don't go over very well.

The plot changes I could handle. I actually thought that the alternate ending they picked was quite well thought out. But in all honesty, the acting was lack luster, as was the casting, namely the roles of Light and Misa.

Now, a REAL treat is the more recent death note OVA, The Visionary Deity. It's basically a recap of the first half of the series, retold from Ryuk's point of view as he tells his tale to a curious shinigami back in the shinigami realm. I immensely enjoyed this, and I'd recommend it over the live action movies any day.

And now I hear that they're screening the live action movies here in America, redubbed in english. >_< If that's the case, lets just say that they will be atrocities beyond the badness that was Godzilla redubbing....

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
Feh, the live action movies were decent at best. I watched both of them and was mildly entertained. I guess it was a cool new way to watch my favorite anime of all time, but lets face it, anime to live action transitions usually don't go over very well.

The plot changes I could handle. I actually thought that the alternate ending they picked was quite well thought out. But in all honesty, the acting was lack luster, as was the casting, namely the roles of Light and Misa.

Now, a REAL treat is the more recent death note OVA, The Visionary Deity. It's basically a recap of the first half of the series, retold from Ryuk's point of view as he tells his tale to a curious shinigami back in the shinigami realm. I immensely enjoyed this, and I'd recommend it over the live action movies any day.

And now I hear that they're screening the live action movies here in America, redubbed in english. >_< If that's the case, lets just say that they will be atrocities beyond the badness that was Godzilla redubbing....
i didnt know that...i need to look around for info on it...
and plz dont compare godzilla to deathnote

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
i liked the second one a lot more than the first.. also, it was a pretty good, albeit different, ending.

Gamble_

Smash Cadet
both movies were amazing... after watching the first one you'd be tempted to watch the second one.. although the anime series was still better for me.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
I don't know if anyone mention this but the company that made the Grudge, Dark Water and etc. just bought the rights to Death Note. I think they maybe making a english Death Note movie. Nothing other than that has been said but I think they will go through with it cause that company is notorious for taking Japanese thrillers and turning them into english adaptations.

Top Bottom