• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The truth about kirby's best moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to break this down on why I think everything is fail about kirby.

Lasers

tilts

bair/air camping

movement

LASERS
The problem with falcos lasers as kirby is simply getting them. Let's say we scuked up falco right? let's also pretend falco knows the mach up what kirby can and can't do do same for kirby vs falco OK. If falco knows about kirby having lag after sucking him up, he can very easily FF dair to shine bair to lasers which is like 40% and 4 hits(lasers) flaco took 10% and there is a good chance kirby is off the stage or lost his power he worked so hard for and was punished for it. Lets say kirby is fast enough to sheild again falco ***** sheilds and kirby is still totally f***ed.

Bair/air camping
Kirby has terrible di so he CAN't puff it up. the following can do it better than kirby: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhB41JTW5Y) fox, puff, marios, marth, zedla, sheik, DK and if we wanted to, falcon, peach, and G&W.

kirby's jumps ar slow and don't pressure very hard and and if they get above kirby he's very easy to F*** up and camp. other people do much better.

Tilts up-tilt is amazing no matter how one puts it without di it can easily do like 50% but other people di and falco, fox, marth, puff can follow-up much better with up-tiltso there is a good arguement for them.

f-tilt look at the frame data, range, knockback, WD and etc. there's nothing so amazing about this move you can't find in most f-tilts falco's f-tilt is better in EVERY thinkable way and falcon players are discouarged from useing in. The following people could also WD back into f-tilt marth, falco, fox, sheik, yoshi, m2, pikachu, ice climbers, mario, luigi, G&W, and samus and get the same thing OR better. it's simply DD away into grab or nair is better for EVERYONE esle kirby just has no options and it makes this seem amazing.

d-tilt smae for f-tilt BUt the sucking is mad good but makes you predictableand camping bets ALL of his moves.

tilts look amazing because he has no better options.

movement
Everyone can basically out camp kirby due to his bad movement and it breaks his approach into him being near useless.if he has falcon running his approach may become Godly dair covering half of the battlefield at times would be amazing. his movement stops him from decent camping, appproach, and etc.

WHY kirby does win? people don't know what's up and kirby must outplay them and people won't deal with kirby the easiest way to camp him to death.

will have more info in the morning night. more hatin soon.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm tried of people saying his f-tilt, bair and junk are amazing, NO it's simply everyone else could do it but they simply have better options than kirby. kirby at best has DECENT moves duck and up-tilt are good and that's it.I truely believe kirby has been waaaaaay over hyped and i'm tried of people with their heads stuck up their butts.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Srsly, I really don´t care about all of that. I love playing Kaabii because it´s hella fun. And most of the people just have no idea about how to play against him.

Armada won the LT-Tourney of Berlin Calling with Kaabii btw. He was kicked in LB by kJaBs Pikachu but then won the two sets very close.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
KIRBY COULD WIN IF NO ONE CAMPS HIM HARD BUT I'M SIMPLY SAYING EVERYTHING HE CAN DO IS DONE BETTER BY EVERYONE ESLE AND EVERYONE HAS WAY OVER HYPED HIM sorry for caps lock. I like playing as kirby also.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
EVERYTHING HE CAN DO IS DONE BETTER BY EVERYONE ESLE
So does this make him the all rounder who's not very good at anything, while everyone else is great at something then? If so, that could have its uses.

EDIT: and from what I understand of swallow, it's a high priority move used to counter and set up for Utilt. If, however, you're afraid of a downward punnishing attack you dodge to one side and follow up with fireball, hammer, Ftilt or whatever swallow may have ot you. Swallow should be seen as a move of its own, not a means to an end.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
kirby ha sbad approach, bad recovery, bad combos, and etc. so I guess you could call him rounded everything is equal for kirby but other people can do it better.

maybe if you buffer roll you have a chance to avoid being comboed.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Pretty much everything in the OP is true. We still play Kirby because we <3 him.

Kirby's still win because we're just better players. Obviously.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
KIRBY COULD WIN IF NO ONE CAMPS HIM HARD BUT I'M SIMPLY SAYING EVERYTHING HE CAN DO IS DONE BETTER BY EVERYONE ESLE AND EVERYONE HAS WAY OVER HYPED HIM.
Not completely true he can kill him self far better than any other character (because the killing himself involves dragging some one with him.)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
DK can get the grabs easier.

also you could count that as a gimp which like 90% of the cast is better at or just as good. gimp in fox b-throws falco if falco side-B's he gets shined and if he up-bs the edge is grabbed.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
DK can get the grabs easier.

also you could count that as a gimp which like 90% of the cast is better at or just as good. gimp in fox b-throws falco if falco side-B's he gets shined and if he up-bs the edge is grabbed.
Can D.K. suicide cancel? Other than that you win this round.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
kirby can't always SD cancel there are a fair amount of people he can't and on JJ and FoDs you'll die even if he did SD. let me get the list of who he won't SD cancel.

The Moderately Difficults
The middle-of-the-road guys. Timing might be a bit difficult.
--------------------------------

* Falco: 3

* Fox: 3

* Link: 3

* Marth: 4

* Mewtwo: 4

* Peach: 3

* Roy: 4

* Sheik: 3

* Young Link: 3

* Zelda: 3

The Very Difficults
You've only got 1/60th of a second to live against these guys. Do you think you have what it takes? But just 1 frame difference is enough for you to win at the last stock.

* Doctor Mario: 1

* Game & Watch: 1

* Luigi: 1

* Mario: 1

* Pikachu: 1

* Yoshi: 1

The Impossibles
Don't even bother with these guys unless you're ahead. You die at the same time, and it WILL go into Sudden Death if you're both on the last stock...

* Ice Climber: 0

* Jigglypuff: 0

* Kirby: 0

* Ness: 0

* Pichu: 0

so vs 11 people SD cancels basically fail and on 2 stages JJ is legal in some places i'm pretty sure.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
kirby can't always SD cancel there are a fair amount of people he can't and on JJ and FoDs you'll die even if he did SD. let me get the list of who he won't SD cancel.

The Moderately Difficults
The middle-of-the-road guys. Timing might be a bit difficult.

* Falco: 3

* Fox: 3

* Link: 3

* Marth: 4

* Mewtwo: 4

* Peach: 3

* Roy: 4

* Sheik: 3

* Young Link: 3

* Zelda: 3

The Very Difficults
You've only got 1/60th of a second to live against these guys. Do you think you have what it takes? But just 1 frame difference is enough for you to win at the last stock.

* Doctor Mario: 1

* Game & Watch: 1

* Luigi: 1

* Mario: 1

* Pikachu: 1

* Yoshi: 1

The Impossibles
Don't even bother with these guys unless you're ahead. You die at the same time, and it WILL go into Sudden Death if you're both on the last stock...

* Ice Climber: 0

* Jigglypuff: 0

* Kirby: 0

* Ness: 0

* Pichu: 0

so vs 11 people SD cancels basically fail and on 2 stages JJ is legal in some places i'm pretty sure.
I already know that data. Suicide cancel however is what makes Kirby special even if it is situational.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
tears taste soooo good. Pichu's nair is better than any of kirby's moves it's fact no can't disargee with facts. pichu's movement lets him approach much more solidly

BunBun

Smash Master
Lol no.

I can't believe you actually wasted this much time on this. You have both impressed and disappointed me.

Like, I didn't want to spoil anything, but you know that absolutely no one cares, right?
Public perception of the matchup doesn't affect an individual who actually plays it. You can fight all you want for Pichu to be publicly accepted as having the advantage over Kirby, but it won't change the fact that Kirbys will still beat Pichus.

Much like Chris Brown beats Rihanna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom