• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The true realization about Rainbow Cruise

Tato

Smash Rookie
FastFox said:
They can be unfair to both players, whereas stages such as ...
If it's unfair to both players equally, then doesn't that also make... it... fair?

Darkside09

Smash Cadet
cool discovery but how else will they be able to start the lvl agien if there was no ship, they had to find a way to bring it back to the start

ycz12

Smash Ace
Dragon Jedi0 said:
Brinstar Depths and Yoshi's Island. Brinstar Depths because when the stage starts to rotate, sometimes I get caught in a place that has no floor >.<
Brinstar Depths is banned, though. Whole rounds can be decided just based on which way the stage turns, and runaway tactics like Fox's and Jigglypuff's are pretty much unbeatable.

Don't quote me on that, though. I'm not a Broomer who knows all of the nuances of tournament rules.

Alandorf

Smash Journeyman
its not like rainbow cruise moves fast or anything, if you've ever played the level before you will have no problem fighting and the movement wont deter it very much at all.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Yea it won't but that isn't what he is trying to explain...and on that note, it really depends on the character for example peach can do really cool stuff in RC because she floats with the camera and she can survive for a long time and do great tricks and mindgames.

NintenCore

Smash Rookie
Ya Rainbow Cruise is not a favourite stage of mine but i dont think it should be banned...it just forces people to try diffrent strategys and really test themselves. IT can be a fun challenge once in a while however if you start relying on the level because you know youre opponent cannot adapt well then the fight is no longer fair. I still like the totally neutral stages like Final Destination, because you dont have any excuses, you fight you win or lose thats the end of that.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Juke said:
I actually don't mind the stage. Having to constantly move because of the stage always leads to some interesting kills.

That's interesting about the ship. I never knew it was still down there the entire time.
Yup, me and my friends play on the poke floats all the time, it adds a element of surprise to the game.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Nice fact, EclipseWebJS. Apparently, the ship is also the reset spawning point in training mode... even when the ship is not in the area where characters are "alive."

Balance of the level: It's so incredivbly slow moving, even with the blocks that fall out of the sky, that you have to be not paying attention to die because of it. And every character has at least the capibilities to stay alive while traversing through the level, even when pressured by someone who is apparently better at aerial maneuvers.

EDIT: It must be fairly sad that I mispelt ship as a censored word.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
The difference between RC and Pokefloats, Big Blue, and Brinstar Depths is that it has edges to grab onto (thank god) and that it's a lot slower moving. The movement of the stage is not at all distracting if you've played on it compared to those other three mentioned.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure, yes.

All I know is that a Fox now can effectively shine-spike you at any part of the stage, all he has to do is bounce you into the road and you go flying off the left side of the screen.

Alandorf

Smash Journeyman
I cant stand big blue cuz if you land on the road its like death. i still love poke floats though, its a great level.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Big Blue's road: If you tech properly it's easy to live. Also, makes for a good way to jump close to or left of the enemy when you're on the right side of the screen. And getting shined on isn't much of a problem if you can jump quick and are on the rightish side. If you're on the left, you're asking to die, shine or any other move.

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
Banned?

I recently heard that Rainbow Cruise was banned, but I doubt this source is reliable since I didn't see anything on the MLG site. Any info on this, thanks in advance.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
I dont really like the stage, the top part of the area is too broken: usually 2-3 Falco shines kill you easily. Same as Pokefloats on a few pokemon. I experienced this when playing Manacloud and Chudat in teams. Manacloud would just go ontop of the highest float and shine combo me until I died from going too high. These stages I think are too broken when playing against a Falco that knows what he/she is doing. But this is just my opinion

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I knew this, I pause the game alot when I play by myself. I didn't really think it was post-worthy.

Fox is deadly on BB, I totally owned some guys with the shine.

Top Bottom