• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Triforce Of Style - A Sheik Brawl Combo Video

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
hey gimpy, wanna tell me how to beat mike's marth? i didn't come even close to his last stock on all but a few of the matches we played, it was frustrating but enjoyable since i haven't played with pulido for a while :D made me hate marth haha

Fishcake56

Smash Cadet
Quick comments and questions:

-I like how you vanished from under the edge onto the stage at 0:36, do you DI the reappearance of vanish onto the stage somehow or does vanish do that naturally at that point?
-At 1:19-1:20ish are you canceling your jabs into more jabs with shield or down...or do Sheik's jab just flow into one another like that?
-@2:50 and other various points, you tethered and then snapped up off the ledge (usually into a ftilt) without any lag. Do you press down reeeaallly quickly to cancel the chain and then jump?
-Gimping DK like that looks so much fun :D

The rest of the video is more or less the same stuff being repeated but the gameplay is mesmerizing. Good stuff.

Thisisz

Smash Rookie
0:35 3:36 9:10
how are you able to pass through the ledge in these instances?
I never thought it weird for it not letting me pass through before. I just passed it off as "ingame physics"
But when I saw the vid here, It hit me suddenly, that I may be doing something wrong

9:20
Whats up with this too? That's some extra long reach tether

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Nice edgeplay!:chuckle: It never occured to me how useful the chain could be. It grabs the edge faster than up b and don't you get more invincibility frames when you go from chain to normal edge grab? I'm gonna have to try that out. Way too cool. I also liked the part where you Naired falco's side b. And the vanish glide kills.... I haven't ever gotten a vanish glide kill (maybe once). I always forget about it. =/

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
0:35 3:36 9:10
how are you able to pass through the ledge in these instances?
I never thought it weird for it not letting me pass through before. I just passed it off as "ingame physics"
But when I saw the vid here, It hit me suddenly, that I may be doing something wrong
sheik doesn't automatically sweetspot with her up b - its not anything special - i'd probably prefer it auto sweetspotted lol

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
GimpyFish, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the overkill footstools. I lol'd for a good long time throughout the entire video. In my eyes, you are the Captain Jack of Melee. I will continue to work and improve my sheik because you have motivated me to do so.

Sincerely,
FrozenFire13
P.S. That was ****ing awesome LOL.

Thisisz

Smash Rookie
so, how are you doing it?
are you arcing the stick to move around the ledge?
from 6 o clock, arc it to 5,4,3,2,1 o clock(counter clockwise)?
I dont think that works with the chain, unlike lucario's extreme speed

I'd try and figure it out now, but It's a work day. I can't be playing around hahaha

Thisisz

Smash Rookie
>_> i answered the question - sheik's up b doesn't just auto grab. you just up b >_> lol
oh sorry about that :D

But I didn't understand it, since whenever I use vanish in those positions you were in ( 0:35 3:36 9:10 ) I can't pass through the cliff/ledge
I would vanish from under the cliff, then reappear under it (The cliff blocks me off) thus dying

I watched the vid again
And now I think that you angled the stick a little bit to the north east(1 or 2 o clock) so that the cliff wont block you off. Instead you move to an open space then just moved westward to land on the cliff
Thus appearing like you passed through the cliff

Me: Up B from 7 o clock, head straight to 12 o clock --> Blocked by cliff --> Die
You: Up B from 7 o clock, head straight to 1 or 2 o clock --> Not blocked by cliff --> move west (9 o clock) --> Live

does that sound right? haha

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it should be noted that i was searching "sheik" on deviantart and ran into one where sheik was saying "i'm a fish" and i have no clue why lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's a reference to some kinds of fish's ability to change gender.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
that's what i was reading in the comments on the pictures haha i think perhaps its a reference to me - this person clearly has some time travel abilities.

Top Bottom