• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The top 5 reasons Europe needs to come to *Pound* V

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
1. It is in the heart of Washington DC and less than a mile from the airport. Free transport from airport to venue etc as well as the hotel having arrival/departure info and the ability to get your boarding pass at the hotel. Extremely cheap public transit (and easy) in DC for tourism.

2. Pound 4=biggest melee tournament ever by almost 100 entrants. It was my first tournament for brawl but this time brawl will be huge too, people will come for both!!!

3. Pound=always has ALL the top players in the US (and more recently, world) so you get the most out of your money and get to play everybody.

4. Only national tournament where the venue is open 24/7 with the hotel rooms in the same place.

5. It's the last chance anyone is going to get to come to a Pound, and no other tournaments will stack up!!!! Also EC is extremely cheap compared to other places when travelling from europe. :)

Here's the thread if anyone wants to check it out. I know the dutch and more may come but I'd like to see some of the countries we haven't seen before too!!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278586

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
That's because Plank failed to provide housing when he promised to, which resulted in them paying hundreds of dollars for a hotel.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I remember Marc *****ing about how P4 went.
This. I heard good things about the tournament in itself, but otherwise... not everyone had a good experience during their trip to the US for Pound 4. And I'm not the kind of person who'd travel that far just for smash.

Anyway, I'm interested in attending this (but since I'm saving 3 weeks off work for SNY2 and Genesis 2, I may not have enough time).

Staco

Smash Champion
I think the worst problem is that most of the european brawlers still go to school and it´s during school time.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's because Plank failed to provide housing when he promised to, which resulted in them paying hundreds of dollars for a hotel.
it was a tough situation. we had bad communication and i was swamped with work. i already was housing like 6 dutch people, then the swedes i bought a hotel room for like an entire week (and then they at one point like snuck into an extra room and i got charged for multiple extra nights -.-)

nonetheless i know marc had an unpleasant experience, i was just swamped with work and overloaded with housing/transportation/other random things ON TOP of the tournament, which is why this time i worked at making it a perfect venue/location so i didnt make the same mistakes again ._.

But this tournament is the most easily accessable and convenient for ANYBODY flying in, especially international players since all the transportation/venue/hotel etc is all in one place :)

Top Bottom