• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
One tournament shouldn't completely determine the rank. In terms of skill, Hylian is still far and away the best in the nation.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
IC list

0. Future for Dancing his way to Whobo
1. Hylian
2. Lain
3. Cheese
4. Smoom
5. Vinnie, Vex, or Atomsk because of their use of the climbers. The group above mains them while they use the ICs on a matchup to matchup basis.
I dont agree to this list at all but ok(not saying i should be on there but maybe i should)

DeLux

Just calling it like I see it based on what I've seen from each of their climbers and my technical knowledge of the IC metagame.

What's your list look like 2-D Jeff?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
1. lain
2.hylian
3.cheese (just because he did work at pound i still dislike his style)
4.smoom(smart player)
5.vinnie (good against snakes CG very well but only use IC for that ethier ban RC or FD combo), vex(very smart reads, dosnt go IC that much) atomsk(great punish options but only use IC really for MK), 2-djeff( goes 100% IC and beats and places high in tourneys but yet he loses to dumb MU that should be know in loser finals or loser semis)

DeLux

You don't agree with my list at all but you only flipped two people...

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You don't agree with my list at all but you only flipped two people...
lol it matters alot believe it or not i mean like if kprime was over esam lol that makes a big difference lol also added my self because ive been placing rather high in tourneys lately In Florida

DeLux

Do you really think you're tied with Tsukasa, Vinnie, and Atomsk in terms of level of play?

edit: Don't take that the wrong way. I just have to ask the question that a lot of other people are asking I'm sure.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You really think you're tied with Tsukasa, Vinnie, and Atomsk in terms of level of play?
ok vinnie has a free FD CP against everyone because they dont want to get bent by his Gnw on Rainbow cruise and also i saw him play Kprime and razer i believe. Great at the CG. But he dosnt really know certian MUs such as pika like yea Kprime was planking him but Kprime also used QA through his IC a couple of times (which you can grab). but yea thats my in take on vinnies IC. Vinnie is good though still

Now Atomsk Great IC and great attack options on punish BUT he only really use IC on MK so yea. you cant really fully critique that.

Finally vex, i cant really say much about his but hes really good he dosnt play IC in alot of MU ethier but hes just like atomsk but he use IC for more characters so if anything put him at 5th

DeLux

You didn't answer the question. You just listed more attributes of their ICs. Not how yours stack up with theirs to put yourself in that elite group.

Not saying you aren't there. I'm just asking because there isn't any video of your ICs recently for me to watch to see how good you are nor has there been much hype among other IC mains that I talk to about your recent results :\

ch33s3

Smash Lord
absurd post
I'm not sure where to start with you. If you have me at 3, that's great, and I appreciate it, but if it's because of POUND where I won amateur bracket...well I don't need to explain why that's ridiculous. I have lots of high level wins in a very hard region, and you could find much better options to say something like that, but this isn't about me, and I don't really care if people think I'm top 5 ICs or the worst in the world.

Also, my style is amazing.

Anyways, putting yourself on a top player like Vinnie, Atomsk, or Vex's level is ridiculous. Who have you beaten that remotely matters?

Let's do this with evidence:

I have 5 of your most recent tournament results in front of me. I'll just list off your wins on notable players, and then your losses.

Notable Wins (ie: does well out of region or tops your region consistently):
HRNut

Losses:
GDX x2
Radixx2
Kyonx2
8bitman
Xaltis
Action *******
HRNut
Mero

So uh, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU STACK UP TO ANYONE REMOTELY CLOSE TO SOMEONE ON THEIR LEVEL?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You didn't answer the question. You just listed more attributes of their ICs. Not how yours stack up with theirs to put yourself in that elite group.

Not saying you aren't there. I'm just asking because there isn't any video of your ICs recently for me to watch to see how good you are nor has there been much hype among other IC mains that I talk to about your recent results :\
I just gotta show you vids man i really wish i had a camra i just have to wait till 2link121/ exdeath post the vids and i will send them for critique. I guess my words of why i say im in that top 5 would mean nothing until you saw my videos. so imma just send you vids to you and the community asap

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I'm not sure where to start with you. If you have me at 3, that's great, and I appreciate it, but if it's because of POUND where I won amateur bracket...well I don't need to explain why that's ridiculous. I have lots of high level wins in a very hard region, and you could find much better options to say something like that, but this isn't about me, and I don't really care if people think I'm top 5 ICs or the worst in the world.

Also, my style is amazing.

Anyways, putting yourself on a top player like Vinnie, Atomsk, or Vex's level is ridiculous. Who have you beaten that remotely matters?

Let's do this with evidence:

I have 5 of your most recent tournament results in front of me. I'll just list off your wins on notable players, and then your losses.

Notable Wins (ie: does well out of region or tops your region consistently):
HRNut

Losses:
GDX x2
Radixx2
Kyonx2
8bitman
Xaltis
Action *******
HRNut
Mero

So uh, HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU STACK UP TO ANYONE REMOTELY CLOSE TO SOMEONE ON THEIR LEVEL?
wheres ed aka scary legend? wheres trump im sure hes top 5 also so with renki. o action you mean the guy I beat twice in tourney. you don't even know why he won that match. Im sure alot of my region would bend you over cheese ill say atleast 80% and i just explained why do i stack up. read previous post. and with this evidence yet i still placed pretty high get at me bro :awesome:
how do i do it idk lol just magic i guess may be a fluke or a false tourney placings (sarcasm)

DeLux

Can I be top 5 ICs too?

All the top ICs love me for some reason

I have been known to beat a high profile Olimar here and there and a lot of no name players that are really good in my region. People that are generally bad at the matchup tell me my ICs are great.

And my style is more amazing than Cheese :) :) :) It's just too bad style loses the ditto.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm not even sure where to start. And lots of people in your region can vouch for my abilities, so that isn't going to fly. This still isn't about me, we're comparing you to Vinnie/Atomsk/etc.

Who in the world is ed aka scary legend? I mean, he's not on any of FL's previous PRs and has done nothing notable out of state, so that's sure not going to count.

IIRC, Trump is an unranked Fox, who had one good tournament. Let's put some emphasis on the fact that he plays Fox.

I have honestly never heard of Renki, so he can't be making too many waves.

Oh, and if you lose to a bad player once, and beat him twice, that probably means you're around his level...you can draw the conclusion there.

You got 3rd once. This 13th/17th crap isn't a good placing. I wish I lived in a region where I could get 3rd for doing what you do. Oh wait, I don't actually, because then I'd be bad.

Those of you used for comparison: please note I don't mean to offend you in any way, and if you're a good player you won't care, and if you're not, you'll know it, so yea. :)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Can I be top 5 ICs too?

All the top ICs love me for some reason

I have been known to beat a high profile Olimar here and there and a lot of no name players that are really good in my region. People that are generally bad at the matchup tell me my ICs are great.

And my style is more amazing than Cheese :) :) :) It's just too bad style loses the ditto.
never said cheese style was bad ******* just dont like it its my opinion lol.

@ cheese
Fox

1. TKD
2. Trevonte
3. NAKAT
4. Zeton
5. Trump

1. Riot
2. ScaryLB59
3. Fuujin
4. Linkz
5. Ven

Sheik

1. Ed
2. Judo
3. Mars
4. Renki
5. Tutu

rest my case :) a wins a win lol
o and are you saying that your region is better than mines?

DeLux

Aren't all those highly advantageous matchups for ICs?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Aren't all those highly advantageous matchups for ICs?
hes basically saying those players aren't good just because they lost to me which is hating
doesn't matter he said profiled ppl i was really using them as "hey i beat these guys"until he basically said i didn't beat anyone really i never even mentioned there names until just now. Lol i love how your act as his dog lol and hardcore instigating. pretty sad lol. and you live where? KS? no comment lol

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Being the best sheik or zelda is like being the freshest **** in the toilet. Unless you're Riot.

Fifth best Fox? You won once against the 5th best Fox, you know, that 85-15 or worse matchup, who by the way is far from the fifth best, I can think of at least 5 foxes in NY/NJ alone that aren't on the list and could be lol.

And yes, I'm saying my region is better than yours, of course. Most of the tournies you attend don't even have your ranked players in attendance, and if you can't get ranked in FL...:troll:. Remember what happened when your guys came up here? Gotta look all the way down to 7th just to find your #1 player.

I love the hell out of the FL crew that travels (MVD, Seibrik, Esam, Nick, etc etc etc), and they are amazing. You, however, are not. Go to a regional, get more than one good (ranked) win in the same tourney, and then, maybe, you can make a bold statement like the one you have. Until then, know your place, go practice, and prove that you're a top 5 player. Nothing wins arguments like results.

EDIT: I didn't say they were bad because they lost to you, they were bad before that and that's why wins on them don't matter. How obvious can I make this?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Being the best sheik or zelda is like being the freshest **** in the toilet. Unless you're Riot.

Fifth best Fox? You won once against the 5th best Fox, you know, that 85-15 or worse matchup, who by the way is far from the fifth best, I can think of at least 5 foxes in NY/NJ alone that aren't on the list and could be lol.

And yes, I'm saying my region is better than yours, of course. Most of the tournies you attend don't even have your ranked players in attendance, and if you can't get ranked in FL...:troll:. Remember what happened when your guys came up here? Gotta look all the way down to 7th just to find your #1 player.

I love the hell out of the FL crew that travels (MVD, Seibrik, Esam, Nick, etc etc etc), and they are amazing. You, however, are not. Go to a regional, get more than one good (ranked) win in the same tourney, and then, maybe, you can make a bold statement like the one you have. Until then, know your place, go practice, and prove that you're a top 5 player. Nothing wins arguments like results.

EDIT: I didn't say they were bad because they lost to you, they were bad before that and that's why wins on them don't matter. How obvious can I make this?
i showed you results lmao and so youve beating any one else beside nick riddle? on FL PR? and lmao are you serious about the whole i dont attend tourneys with ranked ppl? lmao that PR list on the FL thread is old son get your facts straight. Know the CFL and SFL controversy before you talk. please.;) ill get more wins just to shut you up because your mad annoying lol
I dont like your play style
LMAO night i gotta hit the beach tommrow catch yall later because i know yall gonna say something. lol because i got hard reads son

ch33s3

Smash Lord
more illegible garbage
I think I actually enjoy the fact that you're not only awful and can't beat anyone except a fluke now and then, but that you think you're good.

I did the research to find your wins, if you need to see what I've done (still not relevant to this conversation, because we're still talking about Vinnie/Atomsk/Vex), feel free to look it up.

Vinnie beats more top-level people in one weekend with ICs than you have beaten ever.

GG.

DeLux

Uhhhhh not acting as anyone's dog here.

It's not my fault that I asked questions to scrutinize your self inclusion on a top 5 list that other players don't agree with. Based on my contributions to the IC metagame, I just thought I'd ask the pertinent questions.

I never said you were bad. You just sort of bought into that idea on your own. I just haven't seen evidence to make yourself top 5.

I don't think anywhere I said seriously that I was good enough to be top 5 so I'm not sure why you're bringing up MY region.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I think I actually enjoy the fact that you're not only awful and can't beat anyone except a fluke now and then, but that you think you're good.

I did the research to find your wins, if you need to see what I've done (still not relevant to this conversation, because we're still talking about Vinnie/Atomsk/Vex), feel free to look it up.

Vinnie beats more top-level people in one weekend with ICs than you have beaten ever.

GG.
LOL vinnie only plays on FD every time so yea.... lol he must be better than you to then. vinnie also probably lost to more low level ppl than me to considering the fact that he played longer than me lol. but keep running your mouth its funny :) lol stop crying when i compare myself lol im still gonna do it because i have the results. you are a hater and haters never take a day off :)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
just how i type shun goku i do not talk like this what so ever in real life im just extremely lazy. this is not a paper i need to turn in so why care? lol ask anyone in FL threads if you dont believe me. dont like it? dont attempt to read it

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well then it shouldn't come as a surprise that people have absolutely no respect for anything you say, since it's presented like a 3rd-grader.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
If you understand it dosnt that mean you have somewhat of a mind set of a 3rd grader? Get to know me before you judge or better yet just dont talk to me because i dont know you lol. If you didnt have respect for me also you wouldn't have said nothing and just ignored it. But i guess you also have a mind set of a 3rd grader to engage and start a fight for no reason? All cheese was doing is stating his facts of why i should be top five and i was just defending myself. Thats cheese opinion, I was just a little disappointing because he was kinda tell me that i didnt have an opinion when i was clearly asked by lux what is my top 5 list. Thats all that was. but it was kind of annoying when lux was instigating

milesg2g

Smash Champion
The hell happened here when I went to sleep? lol

2-D you're Ic's is good but not Top5 yet and you know this so I'm not being mean. We should all keep our eye's on his tourney placings because he's probably gonna be Top5. As far as Vinnie and Atomsk they're just better players than 2-D all around, but they don't main IC's. Vinnie seconds so that's good but Atomsk barely uses Ic's I feel. He has good wins but the representation of the character is important as well. It's like if you knew you had to play Lain in tourney and know he's a IC's player you'll be prepared for that. However, if you play Atomsk you have no idea. Atomsk is like a wild card and will beat people with most of his characters so he doesn't even have to rep IC's but, that's another reason for why he places well. He doesn't go all IC's, his opponents aren't knowing what they're in for lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well seeing as how Smoom out-placed Hylian at the latest national and lives in a harder region, Smoom da bess ICs.
Smoom was also in my pool at that national.

My pool results:

1. Hylian
2. Tyrant
3. Smoom

That was pretty much a direct comparison of skill considering we both played all the same people and we played each other. I beat everyone in our pool.

I also lost to ESAM in losers to get 25th, he literally planked me the entire match and there wasn't much I could do about it. Smooms bracket was kind of funny because he got a bunch of MW people that I play all the time and he ended up losing to logic.

Smoom impressed the hell out of me at whobo, he's gotten soooo much better lol.

My new ic list would be:

1. Lain
2. Hylian
3. Smoom
4. Cheese/Vinnie
5. Cheese/Vinnie

I really can't decide between cheese and vinnie, they both seem really good but neither stands out to me over the other, they seem to do similar in their own region.

I still think lain is better than me, because I still choke every now and then and he doesn't really lol.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Vinnie and I have vastly different skillsets, but he has that hax advantage of being able to CP FD all the damn time. I actually feel like if Lain, Hylian, Smoom, Vinnie and myself all played a random sample of the top 30 in the nation we'd all beat very different people.

That said, smoom's play reminds me of yours, Hylian. Atomsk and Vinnie play similarly, Lain plays like it's still early 2009. I just walk around and dsg and aerial.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Smoom was also in my pool at that national.

My pool results:

1. Hylian
2. Tyrant
3. Smoom

That was pretty much a direct comparison of skill considering we both played all the same people and we played each other. I beat everyone in our pool.

I also lost to ESAM in losers to get 25th, he literally planked me the entire match and there wasn't much I could do about it. Smooms bracket was kind of funny because he got a bunch of MW people that I play all the time and he ended up losing to logic.

Smoom impressed the hell out of me at whobo, he's gotten soooo much better lol.

My new ic list would be:

1. Lain
2. Hylian
3. Smoom
4. Cheese/Vinnie
5. Cheese/Vinnie

I really can't decide between cheese and vinnie, they both seem really good but neither stands out to me over the other, the seem to do similar in their own region.

I still think lain is better than me, because I still choke every now and then and he doesn't really lol.
-_______- I was using Miles logic to show that we can all manipulate facts to make our buddies look good.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
-_______- I was using Miles logic to show that we can all manipulate facts to make our buddies look good.

lolol but I don't do that, the only person you can say I did that w/ was KT and I didn't do that I was just confused because the top 3 TL's atm are so hard to rate >_<

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
ICs aren't really winning tournaments so being the best doesn't matter step up your metagame...cheese gtfo with the win on nick riddle win everyone knows that that wasn't legit.

Step ur metagame up & shut up all of you

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow... Cheese went in for like two whole pages.

"Vinnie get's more notable wins than you in a single weekend"

loooooool

QUIVO

Smash Master
Whatever happened to that one ICs on the EC? I forgot his name : ( I just remember him rivaling Lain for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom