• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "this character deserves to be in smash more than this other one" is a stupid argument

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
I can smell the entitlement all the way from here. As if Sakurai is worried about 'holding you over until the next reveal' and keeping you appeased. Seriously wow.
This is the same attitude that I have been seeing in other forums when the community is ****ting on a popular game.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say the "deserves to be in Smash" argument is inherently bad, you just have to support it well. I mean, is anyone going to disagree that Bowser deserves to be playable before Boom-Boom? A lot of these discussions are just on a more global, series-spanning scale than that (should Elma get in before Isaac? Should Impa get in before Rayman?).

Pretty much every character requires some degree of relevance or historical significance to make it into the game, so I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing potential newcomers from that viewpoint. After all, if someone seriously wanted to make the case for playable Grippy Toad, for instance, nearly everyone would agree that the character is neither historically significant nor relevant enough to be playable. It's kind of the cornerstone for all character choices.
If relevancy is important then how come Cloud got in smash?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Not buying a game because a single character got in that you don't like has to be the dumbest reason. I can't fathom why anyone would no longer buy the game because "Isabelle killed their hype".
You are correct that it is well within his right to complain about the fact that this game isn't being developed specifically for himself, given that it is also within everyone's right to call those kinds of people out for being the selfish needy brats that they are.
Tl;dr tbh. There are plenty of people that want to play as Isabelle and are excited about her inclusion. To complain because you (proverbial you) didn't personally want this character to be included means you have an unwarranted sense of self importance and therefore your opinion is meaningless anyway. There is no defending these brats, they'll suck it up eventually until they find something else to rage about so it's not worth even thinking about.
fyi I like Isabelle I am just question the move to make her unique rather then a copy and paste echo which would give more time for someone else to get there character in when there apparently very little time the team had to add newcomers. I already got my 2 characters in now I like to see as many fan request answered as we can get.

I also question the decision to use her as the reveal after awhile of having no info and if I am right there be awhile to we get another info drop. This would been the perfect time to drop a pokemon. Hype sells games it get's ppl talking and words spreads, people get bored very fast these days and you got to keep the ball Rowling.

Before you reply think out who here is calling names and refusing to read because it's to long, just super saiyan :p

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
If relevancy is important then how come Cloud got in smash?
On a wider scale, Cloud is a major video game character and has been consistently popular since his debut in 1997. Granted, he's barely got a presence on Nintendo platforms...which is a big reason why I wasn't too happy with his inclusion. But I wouldn't call him irrelevant--Roy would be a better argument for that, a character who was inserted into Smash months before he starred in his own game!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I really don't see where people say Isabelle doesn't "deserve" to be in. If you look at the big first party games, Animal Crossing is in the upper section when it comes to sales and promotions, and Isabelle not only became the face of that series, but is treated by Nintendo as an All-Star herself. You see her popping up in the general Nintendo promotions, merchandise, heck she even made it in Mario Kart over the more logical Captain Falcon. As far as Nintendo is concerned, she is a big character from a big series.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
You mean if relevancy is important, then how come the protagonist of one of the most critically acclaimed JRPGs of all time, from one of the most widely recognized video game series out there got in Smash?
I mean that Cloud has never been on a Nintendo console. There was a crap ton of doubt that cloud would be in a smash game.

Dan

Smash Lord
The only reason I'd say she doesn't deserve it is cause she's not prepared for battle; like they had to pull a moveset out of their ass for her, but in terms of popularity, she's definitely a Nintendo all-star, which is the tagline of the game ("Nintendo's All-Stars duke it out!").

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I really don't see where people say Isabelle doesn't "deserve" to be in. If you look at the big first party games, Animal Crossing is in the upper section when it comes to sales and promotions, and Isabelle not only became the face of that series, but is treated by Nintendo as an All-Star herself. You see her popping up in the general Nintendo promotions, merchandise, heck she even made it in Mario Kart over the more logical Captain Falcon. As far as Nintendo is concerned, she is a big character from a big series.
It's really amazing just how big she's become in just a few years.

Besides, how could I hate on someone so adorable?:p

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
fyi I like Isabelle I am just question the move to make her unique rather then a copy and paste echo which would give more time for someone else to get there character in when there apparently very little time the team had to add newcomers. I already got my 2 characters in now I like to see as many fan request answered as we can get.

I also question the decision to use her as the reveal after awhile of having no info and if I am right there be awhile to we get another info drop. This would been the perfect time to drop a pokemon. Hype sells games it get's ppl talking and words spreads, people get bored very fast these days and you got to keep the ball Rowling.

Before you reply think out who here is calling names and refusing to read because it's to long, just super saiyan :p
There is a clear cut difference between feeling like they could have done her as an awkward echo fighter (and many people are happy they didn't, btw) and straight up trashing a character because you're unhappy your own character hasn't gotten in yet. Others are happy the character is in, so to sit on this forum and complain, in a very vulgar and aggressive way, is disrespectful and ignorant behavior and says a lot about your OWN "empathy".

I have no remorse for this group of people. I'll read an argument when I can tell it's more than just angry screeching, don't convince yourself I owe anything else, because I don't, and you are not in a position to decide otherwise. That's the last I have to say on it.

Cheers

There is a clear cut difference between feeling like they could have done her as an awkward echo fighter (and many people are happy they didn't, btw) and straight up trashing a character because you're unhappy your own character hasn't gotten in yet. Others are happy the character is in, so to sit on this forum and complain, in a very vulgar and aggressive way, is disrespectful and ignorant behavior and says a lot about your OWN "empathy".

I have no remorse for this group of people. I'll read an argument when I can tell it's more than just angry screeching, don't convince yourself I owe anything else, because I don't, and you are not in a position to decide otherwise. That's the last I have to say on it.

Cheers
Lol bro you said you were done a few times before you came back, or at least you implied that. stop fronting like you don’t care; you do. otherwise you wouldn’t come back.

I haven’t seen any thing that can be labeled as “vulgar”. maybe “antagonistic” but not that bad.

I know that reading through a lot of forum text can be irritating, but if you are claiming that you can determine the body of an argument based off of your personal gripes with someone’s writing, then you aren’t reading right. an argument is a sum of its parts, not an piece of it. unless you’re just coping out?

Personality isn’t something that’s easy to express over text messages, so why use it to gauge human empathy, especially someone you’ve never met? because he doesn’t like a ****ing video game character, dude? chill.

basically, if you like her that’s cool, but don’t insist that if someone doesn’t agree with that line of thinking that they are somehow immature. And soviet prince soviet prince is right about the marketing thing. having a campaign that aligns with the interest of consumers during a seasonal period yields the most success. and I do agree that considering that Pokémon, a popular game that is reaslising to a popular consol, should have had a Pokémon character reveal to entice Pokémon players to smash bros., rather than do a character reveal for a game installment with a tentative release date. it’s a basic concept called “market penetration”. I’m a marketing major so I can at least attest to that belief, even if I would have had disagreements about his attitude. That’s what arguments are, not just siding with your beliefs.

You probably aren’t going to read this, but that’s fine, man. If you don’t respond then whatever. enjoy your day, I know I will.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Cheers
did you even read the post or you just assuming or making things up now? I never trashed a her in fact I said I like her and believe she is deserving to be in, just imo she fits an echo row the best. I Already said my characters are in so I am set (ridley and rool) and I clearly said i prefer her as an echo to get more peoples fan favorites in that would not work as an echo is that not empathetic ? If your going to make an argument try reading the other persons post for what it actually says.

Eternal phoenix fire : I believe I been pretty civil with this conversation :)

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
did you even read the post or you just assuming or making things up now? I never trashed a her in fact I said I like her
Did you even read the post? I'm not talking about you. It's the proverbial you, not you. If you were the kind of person I was talking about I wouldn't have responded. Context clues, dude. Use em.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I think Isabelle as well as all the characters revealed so far except maybe Richter have all "deserved" to be added to Smash and frankly a few of them IMO are a bit overdue at this point (looking at you K.Rool, Ridley, and Simon). I will say this IMO Ultimate's roster so far looks to be "righting the wrongs" of past Smash rosters. I know a lot of people are upset at some of their characters being "deconfirmed" as assist trophies as they felt they deserved to be in Smash over others and I can definitely see and understand that point of view. Every videogame character means more to some and less to others. I'd argue Krystal and Waluigi "Deserved" to be playable but do I feel they deserved it over other characters? No...even though characters like Cloud and Snake I despise being in the roster at least I can see the arguments on how they "deserved" to be in Smash and what they contributed to gaming as a whole.

While I want both Krystal and Waluigi their mark on gaming as a whole isn't that significant. Waluigi is a spin-off side game meme character and I love him and Krystal was created for another game but then shoehorned into the Star Fox license last minute. Let's not forget the game she was shoe-horned into isn't very fondly remembered and plays nothing like a Star Fox game. But that doesn't stop me personally from loving the character. I think we as Smash Speculators and back-seat developers put our emotions first and foremost instead of what will sell better and be more marketable. I HATE that 3rd parties are in Smash and if I was in charge their wouldn't be a single 3rd party character in Smash. But when you REALLY stop and think about it, 3rd party characters bring a bigger buzz to the game for the masses than another 1st party reveal would. Especially 5 games in when 90% of Nintendo's "All-Stars" are here already. I mean I've seen so many people online and in-person talking about "Cloud is in Smash Bros!" but when I bring up Ridley and K.Rool a lot of them just give me blank stares or go "I thought they were already in the series already." It's just the sad reality we live in. Hell I know a guy on my facebook page who wants to play Smash Bros. a NINTENDO fighting game but only wants to use Cloud, Mega Man, Snake, and Ryu...So yes while I hate 3rd parties in Smash they do "deserve" to be there simply for marketing reasons to reach a bigger demographic and I don't fault Sakurai too much for trying to open the floodgates and let more people in.

Did you even read the post? I'm not talking about you. It's the proverbial you, not you. If you were the kind of person I was talking about I wouldn't have responded. Context clues, dude. Use em.
Why not focus on the argument rather than the context of what he is saying to you. less you continue to ignore others for the sake of maintaining a false sense of integrity.

honestly, if I learned anything, you can’t please everybody. the people who have everyone they want in will get mad when someone gets what they want, and the people who are happy for the character are insistent on you feeling the same as them. no matter what party you belong to you on some bull****, if you ask me.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I disrespectfully disagree; Goku is objectively more deserving of a spot in smash then Shrek.

But for real, though, Animal Crossing New Leaf sold like fresh water in a crowded desert (I haven't played it, but still...) so idgaf.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I disrespectfully disagree; Goku is objectively more deserving of a spot in smash then Shrek
Ummm excuse me!? Shrek 2, Shrek Smash n'Crash, Shrek Superslam, Shrek's Carnival Craze Party Games, Shrek EXTRA LARGE, Shrek Super Party, Shrek the Third the Game, Shrek Forever After, Shrek Fairy Tale Freakdown, Shrek: Swamp Kart Speedway, Shrek: Ogres and Donkeys are 100x better than ANY Dragon Ball game. :troll:

Dan

Smash Lord
Just make Shrek a Sonic clone; anyone else remember how fast he ran on that OG Xbox game?

D

Deleted member

Honestly i think the problem lies in selfishness. See, there is nothing wrong with stating your own opinion, but when you start to think that your opinion is superior over everyone else's, or, that their opinion isnt valid, thats when we have issues. when people start respecting other peoples opinions, the world will be a much better place. Not just the Smash community, but life in general.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Honestly i think the problem lies in selfishness. See, there is nothing wrong with stating your own opinion, but when you start to think that your opinion is superior over everyone else's, or, that their opinion isnt valid, thats when we have issues. when people start respecting other peoples opinions, the world will be a much better place. Not just the Smash community, but life in general.
Although I agree that Smash is just a video game and that people should not be calling for eachother's heads on pikes over which fictional character gets in and which fictional character doesn't...

yes i stole this meme shut up.jpg

...I don't think the attitude you're proposing is the intellectual nirvana it's hyped up to be by the internet. Sometimes, a person is just plain wrong and there's no two ways about it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don’t necessarily agree that the concept as a whole can’t be applied to characters in Smash. I think relevance as a character to the series and fan demand are absolutely two things that should be taken into account when deciding fighters for Smash. When you keep those two things in mind, I think you’ll generally end up appeasing the most people with character choices. And I don’t think one necessarily outweighs the other.

Like Dixie Kong is the next most important DK chracter not in the game AND she has a lot of fan demand. Thus I can say I think she deserves the spot over any other DK newcomer without any hesitation.

With Geno’s support, he deserves the place at this point over other Mario characters because the fan demand is just that big and serves to satisfy a lot of people. People who have worked hard to support him in a lot of ways.

Isabelle deserved to get in because she was the pseudo new mascot of Animal Crossing, a big series that easily deserved another rep. And she was just an all around popular character (Not necessarily in Smash) to boot.

I think the logic breaks down when people try to argue character x from series y deserves to be in over character a from series c. Those comparisons are pointless in my mind, as the priority of a character from different series is where the subjectivity comes in even more. I still lean towards popular choices from the community and those characters Sakurai wants to include as taking precedent in those situations though.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I mean that Cloud has never been on a Nintendo console. There was a crap ton of doubt that cloud would be in a smash game.
he has been, just not as a main character, hell in the direct that announced him in smash they showed him playable in ff explorers.

tecmo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
egold562
You are correct that it is well within his right to complain about the fact that this game isn't being developed specifically for himself, given that it is also within everyone's right to call those kinds of people out for being the selfish needy brats that they are.
So not liking a smash character is grounds for calling people “ selfish needy brats”? Wow that’s kinda absurd.

D

Deleted member

Although I agree that Smash is just a video game and that people should not be calling for eachother's heads on pikes over which fictional character gets in and which fictional character doesn't...

View attachment 165078

...I don't think the attitude you're proposing is the intellectual nirvana it's hyped up to be by the internet. Sometimes, a person is just plain wrong and there's no two ways about it.
Yes you have a point. And I think that ultimately, people need to understand that sometimes, they arent any more wrong than the other, and that they just need to get along.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
So not liking a smash character is grounds for calling people “ selfish needy brats”? Wow that’s kinda absurd.
No, stalking around celebratory threads for the sole purpose of posting swear-filled rage at the fact that this character got in, ****ting all over her to people that are excited about her inclusion, and using language that says anything in the vein of "I'm paying for this game, it's my right to get what I want and Nintendo is wrong for picking Isabelle" are all things that are grounds for getting called a selfish needy brat.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
No, stalking around celebratory threads for the sole purpose of posting swear-filled rage at the fact that this character got in, ****ting all over her to people that are excited about her inclusion, and using language that says anything in the vein of "I'm paying for this game, it's my right to get what I want and Nintendo is wrong for picking Isabelle" are all things that are grounds for getting called a selfish needy brat.
That sort of behavior is grounds for using somewhat stronger language than "selfish needy brat".

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
That sort of behavior is grounds for using somewhat stronger language than "selfish needy brat".
If I wanted to invest the energy, I agree it would be justified. I think selfish + needy + brat is nice and flavorful tho.

Anyone that doesn't see the difference are either willfully victimizing themselves or they fall into the worse of the two categories and are trying to minimize their **** behavior.

but you still out here liking this dude's posts *sips tea*
jus playin :chuckle:

tecmo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
egold562
That’s all fine but if you ask how people feel about something it seems childish to insult them for answering the question just because you don’t agree with their answer. Also is anybody really doing this? I don’t claim to be super active in the community but most people I see on smash boards and in my local smash Facebook group who are disappointed Isabelle got in have been pretty civil about it.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
That’s all fine but if you ask how people feel about something it seems childish to insult them for answering the question just because you don’t agree with their answer. Also is anybody really doing this? I don’t claim to be super active in the community but most people I see on smash boards and in my local smash Facebook group who are disappointed Isabelle got in have been pretty civil about it.
I didn't ask anyone's opinion, and regardless of that I'm not going to be mad at anyone that disagrees with me. You're extrapolating that from nothing, when what I literally just said in my previous comment contradicts it completely. I don't mind people's feelings about Isabelle. I do not care what people think about Isabelle. The opinion of others about Isabelle is not something I am going to get worked up over. If someone does not like Isabelle, it does not bother me. I am not going to say anything negative to them about it. In fact, I'd probably read their response and nod. I'd feel no anger toward them whatsoever. Not even a little bit. I do not have any problem with people being unhappy. I have nothing bad to say about somebody else's opinion. I do not have any problem with people not wanting her inclusion.

You are welcome to read the previous statements as much as you like until it makes sense. I made it extra redundant so that there is, hopefully, no room for misinterpretation.

However, if they're going to be fools about it, and behave how I described in my previous response, then I have no problem calling them out for it. Because they're childish and I enjoy making fun of them

I don't know how else to elaborate on this topic. I have done what I can, it's up to the reader to figure it out from here.

Also, no, I saw plenty of people, on this website specifically cause I don't use FB/Reddit/etc, that were blatantly furious and not civilized about it whatsoever. Yes, people actually behaved as I described, and yes it actually happened. You must have missed it, because of your self described inactivity or otherwise, but I didn't, and luckily, because of the way the internet works, and how forums in particular work, you have the power to scroll through the early pages of the announcement/celebration/etc threads that popped up shortly after her announcement and see it for yourself. You could do it right this moment if you wanted, or in 3 days, and they'd still be there. In fact, you could have done it yourself, before you decided to pull out the ol' "does that actually happen?" because you would have seen with your own eyes that, believe it or not, I am not making up a strawman for the sake of poking fun at people that don't exist.

It's wonderful.

Sarcasm and sass aside it has lessened to basically nothing since the announcement, as far as I am aware. I am sure there are still some butthurt people out there but I haven't seen them more recently.

Tl;Dr - idc about people's opinions i care if they are buttheads about it and yes people have been buttheads about it you can see for yourself in any of the Isabelle announcement threads. People aren't as bad as they were day 1

tecmo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
egold562
I didn't ask anyone's opinion, and regardless of that I'm not going to be mad at anyone that disagrees with me. You're extrapolating that from nothing, when what I literally just said in my previous comment contradicts it completely. I don't mind people's feelings about Isabelle. I do not care what people think about Isabelle. The opinion of others about Isabelle is not something I am going to get worked up over. If someone does not like Isabelle, it does not bother me. I am not going to say anything negative to them about it. In fact, I'd probably read their response and nod. I'd feel no anger toward them whatsoever. Not even a little bit. I do not have any problem with people being unhappy. I have nothing bad to say about somebody else's opinion. I do not have any problem with people not wanting her inclusion.

You are welcome to read the previous statements as much as you like until it makes sense. I made it extra redundant so that there is, hopefully, no room for misinterpretation.

However, if they're going to be fools about it, and behave how I described in my previous response, then I have no problem calling them out for it. Because they're childish and I enjoy making fun of them

I don't know how else to elaborate on this topic. I have done what I can, it's up to the reader to figure it out from here.

Also, no, I saw plenty of people, on this website specifically cause I don't use FB/Reddit/etc, that were blatantly furious and not civilized about it whatsoever. Yes, people actually behaved as I described, and yes it actually happened. You must have missed it, because of your self described inactivity or otherwise, but I didn't, and luckily, because of the way the internet works, and how forums in particular work, you have the power to scroll through the early pages of the announcement/celebration/etc threads that popped up shortly after her announcement and see it for yourself. You could do it right this moment if you wanted, or in 3 days, and they'd still be there. In fact, you could have done it yourself, before you decided to pull out the ol' "does that actually happen?" because you would have seen with your own eyes that, believe it or not, I am not making up a strawman for the sake of poking fun at people that don't exist.

It's wonderful.

Sarcasm and sass aside it has lessened to basically nothing since the announcement, as far as I am aware. I am sure there are still some butthurt people out there but I haven't seen them more recently.

Tl;Dr - idc about people's opinions i care if they are buttheads about it and yes people have been buttheads about it you can see for yourself in any of the Isabelle announcement threads. People aren't as bad as they were day 1
Ok, when you say this:
In a thread that was entirely civil up until this point, it definitely doesn’t send the message that your ok with people not liking Isabelle, but fair enough, you clarified your position now.

However if you want people to take your claim that people reacted in that way seriously you should be the one to substantiate it. It’s not up to someone else to prove your point. That’s not how intelligent, logical discussion works.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Ok, when you say this:

In a thread that was entirely civil up until this point, it definitely doesn’t send the message that your ok with people not liking Isabelle, but fair enough, you clarified your position now.

However if you want people to take your claim that people reacted in that way seriously you should be the one to substantiate it. It’s not up to someone else to prove your point. That’s not how intelligent, logical discussion works.
The thread was full of civil discourse before I showed up? I need to substantiate my claim? Maybe you should have scrolled up a little further when you went back to find my old posts to try and justify your assumptions. The kind of people that act like that are literally in this thread. Page 1. Go look.

Same dude was in another thread day of the direct and said the same ****. Link

This is not an isolated incident and if you need more examples then go get to looking on your own because the existence of half this thread is evidence enough.

Don't know where you get off talking about intelligent, logical discussion when you haven't put the slightest effort into reading the thread we are currently in.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The thread was full of civil discourse before I showed up? I need to substantiate my claim? Maybe you should have scrolled up a little further when you went back to find my old posts to try and justify your assumptions. The kind of people that act like that are literally in this thread. Page 1. Go look.

This is not an isolated incident and if you need more examples then go get to looking on your own because the existence of half this thread is evidence enough.

Don't know where you get off talking about intelligent, logical discussion when you haven't put the slightest effort into reading the thread we are currently in.
And following up on this... GameFAQs has it just as bad. One thread in particular was essentially hate mail (thankfully, I can't find it, which may mean the mods deleted it with extreme prejudice, but the guy went on a spiteful anti-Isabelle tirade and was flat-out blocking anyone who said positive things about Isabelle... it was nuts).

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
And following up on this... GameFAQs has it just as bad. One thread in particular was essentially hate mail (thankfully, I can't find it, which may mean the mods deleted it with extreme prejudice, but the guy went on a spiteful anti-Isabelle tirade and was flat-out blocking anyone who said positive things about Isabelle... it was nuts).
Remember that dude you called a full-blown butt blasted *******?

tecmo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
egold562

Oh that’s what you consider rude? Someone not excited for a character reveal and posting about it in a thread dedicated to discussing the reveal? I guess it’s totally not rude call names if someone doesn’t like Isabelle in smash though. / s
Pro tip: if you want civil discussion and truly don’t care if people disagree with your opinion as long as their civil maybe don’t call names right out the gate. People tend to get defensive about that.

Last edited:

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well maybe on gamefaqs there nuts there lol

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I actually find the casual way Isabelle was introduced quite fitting for smash. Smash is supposed to be a mesh of different genres of games coming together to beat the ever living **** out of each other. The more they differ from each other the more crazy the game becomes and that is the goal.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Oh that’s what you consider rude? Someone not excited for a character reveal and posting about it in a thread dedicated to discussing the reveal? I guess it’s totally not rude call names if someone doesn’t like Isabelle in smash though. / s
Pro tip: if you want civil discussion and truly don’t care if people disagree with your opinion as long as their civil maybe don’t call names right out the gate. People tend to get defensive about that.
Oh, you can't read or click links. Alrighty then. You don't need to openly take the L or admit that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You're either more concerned with "winning the argument" than you are about objectivity and truth, or you're actually just dense.

weebs gonna weeb :rolleyes:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Remember that dude you called a full-blown butt blasted *******?
Yes, but that was here on Smashboards. The thread I'm talking about was on GameFAQs (its title was along the lines of "Sakurai has made an Isabelle hater out of me"), but has thankfully been purged. Though I suspect that there are others like it...

AE894B41-78A9-434D-A1C9-3F091CDAC86B.png

You have people who are happy that Isabelle's in, and then there are people calling for her to be replaced, calling her the worst newcomer, claiming that she destroyed the board... good grief.

I'm not sure what's worse: the people dumping on Isabelle and Animal Crossing, or the people dumping on Corrin and Fire Emblem Fates. (Good Lord, there's a lot of vitriol being thrown at Fire Emblem Fates... but that may be a subject better tackled on a different thread.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom