• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sword of Seals - Roy Moveset + Frame Data (incomplete)

Hiddles

Smash Rookie
My main is mewtwo

IT is 01:30 at night in my country

Last edited by a moderator:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
late hit of u-air is better.
the sweetspot is bigger
sweet spot true combos into any aerial
sweet spot has more shield push which makes it safer on shield if you are drifting the opposite direction of shield push (bair does this better though)

the sour spot is pretty safe as well.
can convert sourspot into a combo with a soft read (basically a frame trap)
upair is a long lasting hitbox and covers more space than bair, covering more options

You can approach by double jump baiting and punish with Uair > nair/bair/fair/uair.
this is pretty good tactic on floaties since after they attempt to jump after you can land earlier because Roy is a fast faller.

if they dont take the bait you can still cover landing with counter or retreating uair (pretty good because of his airspeed) so this tactic can be pretty effective and roy has the tools to minimize risks.

rar DJ bait to use retreating uairs without needing to cross-up your opponent (to avoid having predictable movement)

Last edited:

Hiddles

Smash Rookie
Oh en als je wil kun je me toevoegen aan vriendenlijst- 2852-8658-6615

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Seems you might be able to pull this consistenly on a person who doesnt like to edgeguard or Little Macs.

Also works if your opponent is reading the get up or soething to get an smash attacj

ViviLion

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2552-3224-2888
this saved me losing a game in for glory about an hour ago, i got 0-deathed by a toon link cause i'm bad, he beat me up to 135% before i took his first stock, and got me to about 160% where i eventually upB out of shield as he tried to smash me, and killed him from around 30%

the unpredictiablity is so strong, the enemy thinks they won and just dies

Last edited:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Also, roy doesn't really have super limited approaches, especially since he's fast, has a really good dash pivot, and can shut down most approaches with side b, sh nair, dtilt, and tricky use of fair/bair. Uair isn't really something to approach with but the idea of cross-up sh can be combined with better moves anyway.

Top Bottom