• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sword Free Challenge

pulse131

Smash Ace
hey guys me again.
i was just messing with a cpu ness and a friend said ;;do it without ur sword''
i thought, hey, not a bad idea 2 try out. of course, naturally i coodnt do that at all, at leest at first. so i decided 2 make a challenge 4 yall.

The rules are---
1. use link, of course
2. fight any lvl 9, no items, any stage
3. try and win without using jab, fair, uair, dair any tilt, dash atk, any smash, up b, and upthrow.

with this, u can c just how good link is without his master sword :)
after u succeed, u can have sum fun making the rules harder, like---
4. do not take dmg or lose a stock

-or-

5. do not miss o.o
sounds difficult right? well, i did it 2 ganon on battlefield on trial 3, so wat the heck, give it a shot if u got nothin else 2 do.

(Edit)- another reason i 4got 2 mention, we figured since ganon decided 2 not use his sword 4 anything but show off purposes, then link should even the playing field abit. that and we thougt-hey, could link even kill ganon without the master sword? well, he can in brawl...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
:V

I think PT Boards did something like this a while ago, only they diluted it down to just aerials, just smash attacks, etc. They earned badges for the different challenges, and I guess it's supposed to help people understand when to use what moves.

I might try it. >_>

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The most challenging option would probably be just projectiles (zair does NOT count as a projectile :p). Level 9 CPUs constantly PS projectiles and this would mean you couldn't use UpB or Zair to recover back to the stage. Bombs would be your killer, but at the same time bombs would be your most-used projectile, so they would lose a lot of potency...

I suggest we move this to the General Discussion Thread since its purely for fun, and we can make this a longstanding tradition and challenge over there. I can put badges and who's earned them and stuff in the OP. Sound like a fair deal?

pulse131

Smash Ace
The most challenging option would probably be just projectiles (zair does NOT count as a projectile :p). Level 9 CPUs constantly PS projectiles and this would mean you couldn't use UpB or Zair to recover back to the stage. Bombs would be your killer, but at the same time bombs would be your most-used projectile, so they would lose a lot of potency...

I suggest we move this to the General Discussion Thread since its purely for fun, and we can make this a longstanding tradition and challenge over there. I can put badges and who's earned them and stuff in the OP. Sound like a fair deal?
sounds good, so shall i just copy it over ther?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'll just copy it into the Original Post. Post a bunch of potential challenges in the discussion thread so I can add them all.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ive officially done this 2 another player. he new about it, and i did it. good 4 me. i guess.

pulse131

Smash Ace
If I tried it, I KNOW i would accidentally pull out the sword lol
l0ol, t0ok me a few tries practicing against cpus til i got it down but ya it was really fun. its nothing 2 get used 2 tho cuz it interferes with ur tru game play

Top Bottom