• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

WIDL

We Are Born
Actually a brilliant move by Caleb. At least I think so, as long as he does not get over-confident and get the two groups against him. Kinda hoping for a returning players tribal soon... :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I too have really been enjoying this season... Gimmicks and all.

The game of Survivor seems to have gone through some sort of metamorphosis throughout these past few seasons... The average player seems much more intelligent (Survivor-wise) than ever which has lead to some really exciting episodes like the latest one. That gamble by Ciera was huge. Hayden really brought the fire as well.

But then again maybe these newer players only seem more intelligent since they've been playing alongside veterans. *shrugs*

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've really been liking this season too, and Ciera has been doing well too. I'm just so glad people actually have the balls to force rocks to further their game instead of settling and thinking "oh I'll just win immunity until the end!" only to get upset and surprised when they lose the first immunity that it's down to Final whatever and go home. And I think the newbies seem more willing to make moves and try to be savvy because they came in expecting to play with their loved ones, so they talked strategy by their veteran and learned some firsthand stuff.

Plus, Hayden was already on Big Brother, so he had some idea coming in regardless.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So, brain vs brawn vs beuty has aired its first episode(discusses the votes):
Was thinking when i saw the players that the team that lost can easily implode since they all want their own plans to succeed, first vote, sure get rid of a big longterm threat but still had alot of risk in it. Second vote was all about control for the one in the middle that she wants to keep within the tribe, keeping control on the chessplayer that is trying as hard as he can to know what happens around camp (but not as hard as the player with the spyshack). How the girl who spilled the rice survived the vote is very much endgame/already a big target out there centered but looks to bring too much negative energy for them to stop the trend in challenges. Looks like the girl in control there and prob a few others have watched tina play and think its ok coming in late to a new tribe and still make it to the end. Way too agressive imo though.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
New season is pretty decent so far in terms of entertainment value. I keep changing my mind on who I'm cheering for though. Tony is at least one player who is playing the game hard enough to get invited back, even if every time he makes a decision it's a coinflip as to whether it'll be brilliant or dumb.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My favorites are Tony, Spencer, and Sarah. Tony and Spencer seem to be playing the hardest (Tony is doing a bit too much though) and I just genuinely like Sarah she seems scrappy.

Trish needs to be voted out though she's extremely annoying and really hard to look at... Good thing Morgan's still around.

Last edited:

WIDL

We Are Born
I like the Brains tribe and LJ (looks nice too :F), pretty much. Tony is a bit back and forth. Sometimes he's brilliant, sometimes he just goes too far with his talking.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow Spencer gets screwed by the "genius" of the Brains tribe even after the merge, I feel so bad for the guy I want him to make it far through sympathy alone at this point. And LOL at the face he made to the back of Cass's head when he deduced she flipped the moment Sarah left. She's already made herself a bunch of enemies on the jury with that pointless (likely disadvantageous) flop.

Also why do have to have petty fighting between the women? We even get a preview of more to come in the next episode? I mean Cass already has proven her ironic lack of intelligence, but this attitude from Sarah was completely new.

Tony is one of my favorite's simply because he's incredibly amusing to watch play, I was grinning at the tribal council today even though he wasted the idol. I was absolutely stunned at LJ's seemingly unplanned gesture of gratitude as he returned the favor with his own, which was equally as pointless although I found myself respecting his character more. He's alright by my book too.

As for the episode before this one, very pleased that Lindsey left the game, she was just another petty person except her emotions were five times as hard to control. She started off right out of the gate a totally bully against Trish. In real life being like that is pretty lame, but to bring it into a damn game? For crying out loud... I mean these people are ADULTS. Sheesh.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I mean these people are ADULTS. Sheesh.
In truth many adults are just as immature as kids in a lot of ways...

But I agree with your overall assessment. I really don't know why Kass flipped and even if she somehow makes the final 3 (2?) there's no way she's winning... Unless other people somehow piss people off even more. I honestly think Kass just legitimately didn't like Sarah and made a vote based on emotion rather than logic.

The females in general kinda suck this season... All of them are either emotionally unstable, another pretty face without much else going on, or just flat out boring (Tasha is okay I guess). I miss Parvati and Brenda. :(

I'm rooting for Spencer 100% now that dude NEEDS to win.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hopefully Spencer will find that hidden immunity idol on tonight's episode. Nobody deserves to win more than he does. He's been through a lot so far.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, I keep forgetting there's a thread here, lol. All I have to say is the more I see of Kass, the more dumb she comes across. I hope she likes 6th.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Man, I keep forgetting there's a thread here, lol. All I have to say is the more I see of Kass, the more dumb she comes across. I hope she likes 6th.
Preach...

Spencer proving once again why he's the best player this season. Finding clues, winning immunity challenges, strong social game, extremely intelligent. He's the full package. All Star material for sure.

Morgan getting voted out was kinda boring. She was nothing but a nice pair of **** to look at. I wish the producers would stop casting people like her. Nothing wrong with the eye candy, but is it too much to ask for the candy to have at least SOME brains?? Like seriously holy **** she sucked and her personality was complete trash.

I LOVED when Woo jacked Spencer's idol clue that was a great moment.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Glad Spencer didn't suffer much for setting himself up to get caught and messed with by Woo's ninja skills and Sonic the Hedgehog speed. :laugh: Unfortunately his alliance is shrinking evermore because of Kass's poor decision that she is sticking with, which continues to have a poor affect on the game in that it's causing players like Morgan to go (goodbye boobies) and players like Tony to remain, which is kind of the opposite you want to do from a strategic standpoint. However, I can't get onto her for it so much now because it would've been risky to tie it up and she would've pissed off even MORE people by flopping yet again.

She stated that she believes her betrayal won't harm her chances because they'll forgive her by the end, citing Spencer's plea as proof, but I disagree, he has to act all nice to her because HE HAS NO CHOICE. I think she can't see that because she is subconsciously trying to justify her previous actions for they weren't made with foresight, which she might've admitted even herself, can't remember.

Also Spencer winning a challenge? Hell yes!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This endgames gonna be extreemly fun to watch, just saw the auction episode and unless cass goes out next, cass, tony and spencer in the final (prob woo before spencer) would make a really interesting final tribal and i would like to see what they in that case would have to say to get the win, since they are all playing diffferently, where spencer atm is the only one that hasnt blindsided anyone that i recall.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This endgames gonna be extreemly fun to watch, just saw the auction episode and unless cass goes out next, cass, tony and spencer in the final (prob woo before spencer) would make a really interesting final tribal and i would like to see what they in that case would have to say to get the win, since they are all playing diffferently, where spencer atm is the only one that hasnt blindsided anyone that i recall.
I am very excited for the endgame too, as I am excited to see Tony flip out. It will be quite the entertaining episode. As for Spencer, he has blindsided somebody. Spencer was the one to blindside Jefra. Spencer was the guy to "plant the seed" into Tony's head that Jefra was gunning for Tony. Jefra was sent home last episode because Spencer convinced Tony to get rid of her, and Spencer defied the odds once again.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I figured Tony was a fool to get so heated that he needed to boast and threaten others with the idea that he has a special idol (which, they can't take at his word of course, but no one has even heard a word about the thing until then, so it'd appear as a plausible concern). Turning everyone against him was kind of the obvious result from spilling that (and all because Kass is idiotic, which is totally new), despite him thinking it was something that benefited him, despite him not even being threatened strategically with his little spat. And yet, Kass really likes doing things "chaotically" and ended up just confirming that Tony was going to the end game with his two idols (and he's definitely not going to play the normal idol until the special one has been flushed out, so he's not wasting it) considering it'd take three successful nights of tribal going as planned and him not winning immunity (with Tasha gone, that's a bit more plausible).

And while the entire jury hates Tony's guts and make sure to make that known with their looks and body language every change they get, they're dying to express it, and yet when he sits down in the final three and tells them all that he played the hardest and held the most power (in that bag of tricks of his, which played much like a joke yet genuinely sets him apart from any other player), and I am pretty confident even his haters would find him most deserving compared to the others. Against Kass? Psh, shames the Brain tribe and incredibly unlikable. Trish? Who? Woo? Does his likability afford him a million bucks when he's kind of just strolled through the game with his "lackadaisical" attitude? Spencer is the only Tony-slayer among them left since he earned immunity through discovery or challenges and made it through even though he's been on the outside, on the bottom, since pretty much the beginning.

In fact, I'm guessing Tony is going to realize this and will be targeting Spence, although I'd hate to see him go. Even though he gets carried away, he's always running his mind over and over and I doubt he wouldn't come to the same conclusion. The rest have now become superfluous with this turn of events unless something ridiculous happens revolving Tony.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Can anyone explain to me why Tony voted for Trish?

And apparently he CRIES next episode.... Alrighty then.

But anyways, disappointed that he messed up so much during the episode. Shouldn't have even bothered talking to Kass, there was no point. Kass could go off trying to do what she thinks is best for all he cares, he's got the idols and his only concern, then, was Trish not going home. Afterwards when she was a chaotic-aligned ***** he shouldn't have tossed her aside out of some sense of integrity towards the game. Then suddenly Trish isn't good enough to bring either. I'm 90% he would have won with those two at his side because neither were liked or did anything good which would override the juries' hatred for him. Toss in Woo, who everyone likes, or Spencer, who has a hell of a track record for challenges and a good story, and the certainty of his victory is compromised.

Ah well, at least it's more likely to be interesting this way.

And oh my god Tony making llama noises at Kass... I mean I don't condone it whatsoever but... freaking hilarious. Best parts of the episode. That and Spencer first thing dissing the entire cast of players to the camera, twas a good way to start the episode.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fingers crossed for a Spencer win tonight, but I'm fully predicting a Woo win in the vein of Fabio's, where he wins an immunity or two then says a few heartfelt things at FTC to demolish an unlikeable opponent, in this instance, Kass.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Copying and pasting from somewhere because someone complained that I don't post here, even though that's not true. >___> @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer

Ohhhh man, when Spencer didn't win immunity and got voted out, my heart sank, and then Tony didn't win immunity and I had almost given up any hope of enjoying the result of this game completely. 99% of the games I've watched, as far as I can remember, the players I like the most always get voted out and don't make it to the end, and I was becoming convinced that in the final episode, my two favorites were going to be cut just to spite the thought that this one would be different. It's unfortunate that Spencer's luck ran out, he couldn't claw up anymore, wish we get to see him in another season. But Tony... maaaan! With Woo, although I figured Tony's point valuable about him tarnishing his integrity, the one thing he had going for him and the opposite of what Tony possessed, I totally lost my **** when he voted Kass, who, as everyone noted, had much less of a chance of winning. It gave me a lot a of respect for him as a person I suppose, but game-wise it was unforgivable and I declared Tony the winner right there.

And then tribal council begin. And immediately Tony wastes his opening speech on something Woo tacks on at the very end of his heart-felt statements in a fraction of the time. It was an omen of how things were to proceed from then on, as everyone pretty much laid into Tony hard and he didn't explain himself nearly as well as he could have (I mean, in the moment, yeah, it might be a lot tougher and I could be oversimplifying it, but still it felt wrong). Trish comes up and eviscerates his integrity and emotion, what Woo was holding up as his weapon and shield coming into the final two. Tony didn't need to excuse himself, he should've pointed out that this was a game and that ALLLLLL of them, including her, were there for one reason and one reason only: to GET MONEY. That person who shared intimate stories and very real feelings with you, and the guy who was being forced to make decisions through a medium with an entirely different point and mode of expression, is it really so strange to see them as both one and the same and not contradictory? As it came down to the last person I was like, "He blew it. If he loses it's because of this poor attempt to explain himself."

But then Spencer came out and completely smothered Woo to a degree he couldn't condone of in the setting of Survivor, and then turned to the jury (has anyone ever done that before? ha) and pleaded FOR Tony better than he ever did for himself, which was kind of sad, and was really the one time he was painted in a good light during that entire sequence of questions and statements. After that, in my mind Spencer was pretty much his savior and handed him the million dollars. God damn even while out of the game he's my favorite player. And in the end, the guy who, by my standards, won and most likely did so thoroughly. So I'm mostly pleased. Spencer vs Tony still wouldn't been waaaay better, but I guess I knew that was a pipe dream.

My favorite part was perhaps Tony pretending the specialty of the idol was that it could be used at any time, and not to be played after the fact. The darn thing wasn't even used as it was intended, none of the idols were either used or succeeded in doing their function, but he ended up getting value when there wasn't any left. My only disappointment is that he took the self-gratifying moment to point out that it was all a lie to everyone even though there was another tribal council, although I'll admit that was hindsight on my part because I didn't realize there was another either, it was Spencer that was smart enough to make note of that.

All in all, was a good watch aside from the frustrating lack-of-brains tribe. Kind of stinks that the next season is using the same spice as the previous one, which was a nice spin on the game, but I'd of course prefer a new take on it, not something reused simply because it was appreciated the first time so much (with a part of the appeal being that it shook things up, which it does so less now that it is a "sequel").

Edit: Oh, and holy **** could we not humor Morgan's vanity for ONE DAMN SECOND. Doesn't she do that enough herself any time she gets a chance to speak, I mean, it was like it was embodied her as a character, as in, she didn't have one at all. When did anyone like her EVER win any of these games or get far or earn any respect regardless of feat? And she has the audacity to ask Tony how he won over everyone without having boobs, as if she was just so irresistible without any sort of effort from her as she lazed about and said nothing of value, as if that was all it took for it to magically happen, especially in a game where everyone is there to win a **** ton of money and would be more than likely to deny any possible instinctual attraction that isn't really even being bargained but merely assumed to be some sort of innately influential property as she lays down like a useless piece of meat at camp while everyone is moving, thinking, and talking. For crying out loud...

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well deserved win by Tony. Question his morals all you want but the guy played his ass off. Woo is a complete moron... Probably a great guy in real life but in Survivor just a total moron. WHY WOULD YOU NOT TAKE KASS WITH YOU?? Just a total damn moron. Thank GOD Spencer called him out for this and laid it out to the jury (seriously Tony owes Spencer some of that money earnings for that jury speech). Overall I'm glad that the jury was able to look past their personal issues with Tony and give the right player the title. If we had another "Fabio" winning this entire season would have ended up a disappointment.

In terms of All Star considerations Spencer is a shoe in. I wouldn't mind seeing Tony back either.

Everyone else was pretty "meh."

Oh and I hope I never see Kass's smug grin again... What an unlikable player. Probably another great and smart person in real life but in Survivor she just came off as an egotistical *****.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yea the editing got me worried there on the last episode, but spencer saved it. Tony did great work at alot of tribals and he just kinda choked on th last one. He should as a closing statement (if they even got those, which i doubt due to the editing) mention and explain the bag of tricks , because it was

Top Bottom