• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The surprise-WTF char of this edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Actually, wouldn't an Event Match where you fight the arcade stars of Nintendo (plus Pac-Man if he was in) on an arcade based stage be interesting?
So you get Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and among Newcomers (depending on who's in, of course; I'm not saying ALL of these characters) you get characters like Little Mac, Sheriff, Donkey Kong Jr., Stanley, Pauline, Popeye, Bald Bull, Pac-Man, etc. fighting on an stage based off of a classic arcade game (or even a collection if possible).
I could go for something like that. Kinda like Melee's All-Star events? They should bring those back with more of a theme to them (sword-users, sci-fi characters, etc).

Whoever the next "WTF character" is, if the trend exists and we actually get one, I definitely think they should represent Nintendo's arcade history.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Slime could be interesting, depending on how he's/she's/its implemented anyway. I think that Slime's A moves could have a similar concept to Twelve from Street Fighter 3. Morphing his/her/its body in various ways to attack. But I'm not too well versed in Dragon's Quest, so for all I know Slime could just use moves in those games without the need to make any thing up.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Reviving this thread, my pick for a WTF character (besides Wii Fit Trainer) would have to come from the SNES or N64 generations.

I pick Akari Hayami from 1080. No one is predicting 1080 characters because they have boards. The game is produced by Shigeru Miyamoto, giving it an extra boost, and was referenced in Melee. Akari because she could utilize both aspects from 1080 and Wave Race (another Miyamoto production).

D

Deleted member

AR Man, Sandbag, Captain Rainbow, etc.
There are a lot of options for that WTF character.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I pick Impa.
Impa's not very WTF. It would be surprising, but not WTF.

I think Jigglypufff was the WTF character for me in 64. But I can understand it being Captain Falcon, especially when you unlock him.

For the last two iterations, the WTF characters have come from new franchises, And the have been retro characters.

I think Diskun would be a very WTF character that is retro.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
DJ Yellow?

no but seriously, it would probably be someone nobody would expect, but still kinda known. like... um... poochy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom