• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

SimplySam262

Smash Rookie
So the trailer for the Detective Pikachu movie dropped. Can someone make me an Icon of the Detective Pikachu design from the movie pls? And maybe some of the other pokemon shown in the trailer If possible?

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Words can't express the nightmare fuel contained in that render.

Just want to make sure with Sharkarat Sharkarat or Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep we've got icons for the alts.
Bayonetta's Smash 4 Alt and Ultimate Alt, and also for Ultimate; Yoshi's Alt, male Wii Fit Trainer, Meta Ridley, Pikachu Libre, Alph, Link, Ike and Cloud's Smash 4 and Ultimate Alt. Master Hand could do with one too.
Yeah the eyes came out HORRIBLY in this render when I had to shrink it down, I thought of photoshopping it to fix it but meh

Jakor

Smash Ace
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while, was busy with other stuff.

Any word on a future update?
Also, Jakor Jakor what's the progress on the next version? No particular reason, just curious.
When is this gonna get a big update? There's a lot missing
I will get back to working on the next version of the Roster Maker. I'm still unsure if it will be released before the launch of Ultimate, or maybe I will wait a little after to update all data correctly.

How do I use it without paying for a zip extracter. Also, an iOS version would be nice . Keep up the good work.
You can use 7-zip, which is a free software.

I downloaded it from the website
AND IT'S NOT WORKING
I NEED TO MAKE THAT DAMN ROSTER NOW :eek:
Make sure you have the correct version of Java installed on your computer.

Is there going to be two Big Battlefield icons? One for Smash 4's and one for Ultimate's.
Yes.

Which reminds me, Jakor Jakor considering adding a Spirit Role?
I'm wondering if I will add a Spirit role, or simply change the Trophy one to be: "Trophy/Spirit" instead. What would everyone prefer?

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Jakor Jakor While you're still working on the next version, can you credit me as "Silvera" this time instead of "SilverEra"?

Just want to make sure with Sharkarat Sharkarat or Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep we've got icons for the alts.
Bayonetta's Smash 4 Alt and Ultimate Alt, and also for Ultimate; Yoshi's Alt, male Wii Fit Trainer, Meta Ridley, Pikachu Libre, Alph, Link, Ike and Cloud's Smash 4 and Ultimate Alt. Master Hand could do with one too.
I'm pretty sure we do have those icons when they were revealed.

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I'm wondering if I will add a Spirit role, or simply change the Trophy one to be: "Trophy/Spirit" instead. What would everyone prefer?
If it were me I'd probably replace Trophy with Spirit since a lot of characters (e.g. Piplup and Wispy Woods) still have that similar collectable role.

I'm pretty sure we do have those icons when they were revealed.
Even Master Hand? I know they're not in SSBRM 11.0 anyhow.

Last edited:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
I had this idea while I was assembling a picture of my roster with Paint. It was really tedious and taking too long to just make one. And of course, it was even more tedious to edit a picture after having saved it, by needing to place all of the separate icons side by side without leaving any space between them, and re-sizing the roster's picture everytime. So here we are now.

I have some experience in software programming, so I've used my skills to create a program in which anyone can create several rosters quite rapidly and intuitively. With the SSB Roster Maker, you can also save your rosters as image files on your computer, with the same quality as you would obtain in Paint or any other image editors.

Here is what you must do to start using the Roster Maker right now:
  1. Download the program's archive from the link below.
  2. Extract the archive in a directory of your choice on your computer. (You can use 7-Zip to manipulate archives.)
  3. Start the software by double clicking on the file named "SSB Roster Maker.exe" or the file "SSB_Roster_Maker.jar", the latter also being the file Mac or Linux users must use.
Here is a link to download the Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (version 11.0).

For users who already have a previous version of the Roster Maker and want to keep their data of custom rosters they created and custom characters they added, you must do the following steps :
  1. Extract the archive of the version 11.0 somewhere on your computer.
  2. Replace the file named "rosterMaker.dat" located in the "utils" folder with your old one.
  3. (Optional step) Copy the custom icons you want to keep to the new "icons" folder. If you don't remember which custom icons you added, you can always sort the files in the directory by date. (The last icon file added to the version 10.0 was: "William B.J. Blazkowicz.png "). I recommend not to overwrite existing icons when moving/copying.
  4. (Optional step) Copy or move your roster images from your old "rosters" folder to the new one.
  5. Start up the software by double clicking on the "exe" or "jar" file.
  6. Press the following three keys on your keyboard at the same time: CTRL + SHIFT + =. A confirmation window should appear.
  7. Click "Yes" to perform the update. (The update might take a couple of minutes).
  8. If everything goes well, enjoy the new version! (Otherwise you can message me.)

You might want to know that the program is made in Java, so there could potentially be some problems depending on the version you currently have. You will need at least the version 8 of Java to use the Roster Maker. Here is a link to the Java download page in case you need it.

Here is a screen capture of the program's interface (in version 11.0):

And here is an example of an image produced by saving the file of your roster with colored borders (by clicking on the "Save image" button):

And without colored borders:

I then saved this roster by pressing the "Custom rosters" button and then selecting the save option, and closed the Roster Maker.

Later on, I decided to make a few changes to my roster, so I simply started the Roster Maker again, and then by pressing the "Custom rosters" button again, selecting the roster I saved and loading it, my previously saved roster was uploaded onto the grid.

You can even use (and create!) your own character icons to use in the Roster Maker to create a roster with all the characters you want! So if there is a character that you want to use that isn't present in the Roster Maker, you can make an icon for it yourself using the "Create an icon" function, or you can simply make a request in this thread.

I also want to mention that while I did make a lot of the character icons, there are several other people who contributed to them. The full list of credits can be found in the "About" window.

All instructions are included in a file called "Instructions", which is located in the "utils" folder within the archive of the Roster Maker.

List of the main new features in version 11.0:
  • Added a button named "Ultimate" to the main window. As its name implies, it will load the character roster for the game Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Only the confirmed characters as of the release of this version of the Roster Maker are present in it by default. However, this roster can be modified as you desire and saved in the database.
  • Added a new attribute named "role" to all characters. This will display the main role a character has attained in current and past games. Some possibilities include: "Playable Character", "Assist Trophy", "Stage", "Item" and more. This attribute can be modified in the window for editing a character's attributes.
  • Added a drop-down list component below the list of characters. This will add the possibility to sort the characters by roles.
  • Modified the status attribute of all characters so they now have four possible states: "Confirmed", "Unconfirmed", "Disconfirmed" and "None". Also updated all things referencing the status.
  • Added the "Assist Trophies Ultimate" roster to the list of custom rosters. It can be accessed by clicking the "Custom rosters" button.
  • Added the "Poké Ball Pokémon Ultimate" roster to the list of custom rosters. It can be accessed by clicking the "Custom rosters" button.
  • Added the "Stages Ultimate" roster to the list of custom rosters. It can be accessed by clicking the "Custom rosters" button.
  • Added a button named "Clean" in the Settings window. This can be used to perform a cleanup that will delete broken characters, for which no icons can be found.
  • Modified the options when saving an image of a roster so you can now choose to save it with black borders.
  • 165 new icons added.
  • Rosters update.
  • Various bug fixes.
List of the main new features in version 10.0:
  • You can now create your own icons with the "Create an icon" function! This option is located in the "File" menu and can be also be accessed by pressing "F2". It's quite simple to use, but for detailed instructions, please look at the "Instructions" file. Some quick tips:
    • It works best when you use images with transparent backgrounds. (You can use something like Paint.NET to remove the background).
    • After selecting an image, you will get better results if you draw a perfect square on the image. The color of the drawn rectangle will change slightly when width and height are the exact same. You can also look at the two counters at the bottom left that display the current dimensions.
    • There are two text fields you must write in next:
      • The first field is used to display the name you want on the icon. I recommend writing it in all caps, unless the name you want doesn't fit in. Some letters like the "C" and the "E" use less space when written in lower case. (For advanced users, you can even take a look inside the "\utils\app_icons\letters\" folder to add or edit the characters used!)
      • The other field is used to enter the full character name. It's the one that will be used and saved in the software, and what you will see in the list of characters. To add a new icon to an already existing character, simply enter its exact name in that field and when you go to the next window, it will load the associated character info. (The name you enter in that field is also used for the file name it creates in the "\icons\" folder).
  • 875 new icons added.
  • Rosters update.
  • Added the series: "Splatoon".
  • Added a new button named "Open roster images folder" to the "File" menu. This will simply open the location of the saved roster images on your computer for rapid access.
  • Various bug fixes.
For a complete list of all the changes, see the "Changelog" file located in the "utils" folder, included within the archive.

The popularity of the characters was partially based according to Shorts's various polls.

Note: If you want to post your roster images on forums, blogs and other places on the web, you must first upload them using media hosting websites such as https://imgur.com/ or http://photobucket.com/ .Or if the forum supports it, directly upload the image in the post.

Have suggestions for features or options you would like to see in the Roster Maker, report bugs or simply leave feedback? Or maybe you have some icons of your own that you would like me to add in future versions? Just mention them in a post in this thread, or contact me by another way, and I'll consider them!
THis game me a virus

Table Cat

Smash Apprentice
It’s broken to. You can see it if you reply to it though. You might want to link it so it can be seen easier.
Yes i know that i can see the preview of the post, but sometimes the image is broken only for me.. it's kinda hard to explain..
Anyway, this should work:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
The next update will probably be released some time after the game comes out.
You need to have Java 8 or higher installed on your PC.

Maybe you clicked on the wrong download button.
I will try again, and if it breaks my computer I will sue lol.

IllumiBlue

Smash Rookie
So I've been looking through the last few pages and no one has made an Ike/Chrom echo icon yet. Could someone tackle that using their Ultimate renders?

Also for my own rosters, could someone make a Link/Toon Link echo using their Hyrule Warriors renders?

Thanks
I don't know if anyone saw this in time so I'll go ahead and repost this here.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone make an echo icon for Fox and Fara? Here's an image of her:
chara05.png

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Look at my old icon archive because I got a notification and Jesus Christ, it's so big and in such need of a revamp that I think I'm going to be making my own little Icon Archive index and setting up a few more across the weekend. Going to try to keep it mostly pretty general to cut down on the amount of icons/post, but expect more out of that in the coming days. I'm also working on a 250+ icon dump, but most of it is very niche. I'll be arranging the archives based off my personal opinion on what NEEDS to be there, but I'm also open to public opinion. Marvel icon will still likely be the biggest, though

EDIT: If you want to crawl through nearly 100 icon dumps, you're also always welcome to search through by Imgur archive to try and find something. Might go in and label some of the more obscure stuff in there tonight. Also good to note that there's a clear indication where the icons start improving, so I'd start there
https://cobalsh.imgur.com/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jakor Jakor Could you actually remove my Icon archive from the front page? I accidentally uploaded some icons to it that aren't mine. I'm so sorry. :urg:

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
Jakor Jakor Could you actually remove my Icon archive from the front page? I accidentally uploaded some icons to it that aren't mine. I'm so sorry. :urg:
You could just remove the icons that aren't yours, or put them in a separate category stating they aren't yours and credit goes out to those who made them.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Make an icon of Katalina from Granblue Fantasy please
Already made it a few posts back:

I was trying to use the Roster Maker to kinda compile a list of characters I felt were most likely as DLC and/or are rumored or whatever, but there were a few characters missing that I needed. I decided to go ahead and make them. They might not be the best and I know they aren't really popular characters, but here are a few new icons:

Top Bottom