• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
Your most recent icons have a problem. The icons are overlapping the outer borders. Unlike most icons where the characters are in between the gray borders, yours are layering over it.

Also, I'd make that Waluigi a bit smaller if it weren't for that god damn deviantart logo

Last edited:
Here is my request again, only this time I took away the links and posted the pictures to make things easier. Hope this helps!

Baby Hazel:

Zoro:

Zoro:

Nami:

Nami:

Luffy:

Luffy:

Ussop:

Ussop:

Robin:

Robin:

Chopper:

Chopper:

Franky:

Franky:

Arlong:

Brook:

Brook:

Ace:

Shanks:

White Beard:

Black Beard:

Buggy:

Smoker:

Kuro:

Wapol:

Morgan:

Crocodile:

Enel:

Lucci:

Mihawk:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I want a Lip (Panel de Pon) icon, but all the artwork of her I can find online doesn't satisfy me or the format I have for my icon collection.

My "format" is that the art has to be a 3D (or pseudo-3D) render in an artstyle that's similar as possible to official Brawl or Smash 4 character artwork.

If anyone can find/make such a thing I'll be very happy (I just need the art as I can make icons myself).

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
Nice program! I have a few tips:
1. Make it so you can upload your own square pic as a new character that you can name.
2. Make it so that when you drag a character over another one they swap places instead of the one underneath being deleted.
3. Add all of the items from the Smash games. Right now there are only a few.

But besides those flaws, I love this software! :awesome:

Here is my custom roster:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Nice program! I have a few tips:
1. Make it so you can upload your own square pic as a new character that you can name.
2. Make it so that when you drag a character over another one they swap places instead of the one underneath being deleted.
3. Add all of the items from the Smash games. Right now there are only a few.
1.Find an icon you like(or request a new one with a provided source image.),save it,then in the main program folder,put it in "images".Give it a name it such as this:IconShulk
For characters that have more than one singular name,you put this:IconAndrew Oikonny
Then in the program,click "File",then choose "Add new icons".The new icons are automatically sent to the "Special" series,so you must go there.Inputting their info is up to you!
2.In the program,click Edit,then choose "Switch mode".
3.This depends on the icon makers,whether they want to make them or not is their choice,and whether they're deafult in the next update is up to Jakor.
Hope this helps.

RetroGameNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Levelol10
Here's Black Knight (From Shovel Knight, since apparently the one that comes with the Roster maker is from FE) icons I made yesterday and forgot about:

Me and my singular request.
Dynamic DLC.

There wasn't enough room to put the whole word "Inkling" so I had to shorten it. Also I'm pretty sure since you said "Dynamic DLC" in there you wanted the icons to say that (Although either way I wouldn't be able to do that) so I'll put the base icons here in case someone wants to change the name to that.

Wait.. what? *Tries it out* OOOH YES

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
My requests from a handful of pages ago:

Xenoblade series icon (just "Xenoblade" is fine, so it looks like the other "Newcomer from X series, TBD" icons).

Yet another Banjo, labeled "Banjo-Kazooie"

Last edited:

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
1.Find an icon you like(or request a new one with a provided source image.),save it,then in the main program folder,put it in "images".Give it a name it such as this:IconShulk
For characters that have more than one singular name,you put this:IconAndrew Oikonny
Then in the program,click "File",then choose "Add new icons".The new icons are automatically sent to the "Special" series,so you must go there.Inputting their info is up to you!
3.This depends on the icon makers,whether they want to make them or not is their choice,and whether they're deafult in the next update is up to Jakor.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much! I am gonna go try that!

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
Hope this helps.
But how do you make the pic the right dimensions without making it blurry?

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
Mugman? Is it really Mugman? Oh my god. Reminds me, I made a custom sprite for Mugman years back, decided to make an Icon of it:

Here's the Icons I told that I would make/publish about a month ago.

..and I couldn't help but re-upload Icons I've made a long time ago but people asked for/made recently.
(actually i'm not too sure if i made the first rayman one or the shovel knight one.)
..and I couldn't help but remake the Crash Icon..and Pooka Icon...

...and I made several more icons for the more recent Summer 2015 Anime...

...a-Damn it here's the rest.

also a special icon for a special man, or a man who is now wandering heaven:
How did you make all of those icons without making them blurry? Your's look really cool!

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Man, I want a Lip (Panel de Pon) icon, but all the artwork of her I can find online doesn't satisfy me or the format I have for my icon collection.

My "format" is that the art has to be a 3D (or pseudo-3D) render in an artstyle that's similar as possible to official Brawl or Smash 4 character artwork.

If anyone can find/make such a thing I'll be very happy (I just need the art as I can make icons myself).
How is this?

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to do this? I have the template, and the pic of the character, but when I shrink the pic of the character, of course it loses quality. There has to be some trick you guys are doing to make it so clear. Thanks for the help, I feel like such a dummie... :)

Last edited:

RetroGameNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Levelol10
IT'S A CAT, AND YA PUT HIM IN A SHIRT. BAM IT'S

I made some Icons from SSB4 series logos:

Probably gonna do the rest soon.

Also all of the series icons from 64 / Melee that were changed for Brawl / 4.

And the 64 only Metal Mario icon.

Logos ripped from here:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/series_symbol
Well, except the R.O.B. one. For that one I just used the one already in the app

Edit:
Does anyone know how to do this? I have the template, and the pic of the character, but when I shrink the pic of the character, of course it loses quality. There has to be some trick you guys are doing to make it so clear. Thanks for the help, I feel like such a dummie... :)
The only reason it looks clear is because the images are small. If you were to zoom in the images would become much more blurry or pixelated.

But in your paint program, try enlarging the template icon instead of shrinking the character image. I don't know if that will help the resolution because you might still have to resize it to 48 x 55 anyways, but in my opinion it makes it easier to edit since your image is much larger so you can make your edits more precisely.

Last edited:

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
IT'S A CAT, AND YA PUT HIM IN A SHIRT. BAM IT'S

I made some Icons from SSB4 series logos:

Probably gonna do the rest soon.

Also all of the series icons from 64 / Melee that were changed for Brawl / 4.

And the 64 only Metal Mario icon.

Logos ripped from here:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/series_symbol
Well, except the R.O.B. one. For that one I just used the one already in the app

Edit:
The only reason it looks clear is because the images are small. If you were to zoom in the images would become much more blurry or pixelated.

But in your paint program, try enlarging the template icon instead of shrinking the character image. I don't know if that will help the resolution because you might still have to resize it to 48 x 55 anyways, but in my opinion it makes it easier to edit since your image is much larger so you can make your edits more precisely.
That isn't gonna make a difference... How did you make the Bubsy icon? Because you made that one right?

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
Artsy Omni and his crew made a new Smashified!
To celebrate, I made an icon of the Character:
Yep! It's Bomberman! This Smashified is Great--No, as a matter of a fact, this is better than that Rayman one. It actually looks like a 3D Model! I must say, they did great with this one.
If you want to use the render for other Material, you can go to Smashifiedart, or use this:

Last edited:

RetroGameNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Levelol10
That isn't gonna make a difference... How did you make the Bubsy icon? Because you made that one right?
I did exactly what I said. I used Google Drawings BTW.
Here are some icons.

And since no one could be bothered to do my tiny request, I did it myself, using my overnight roster making skills.

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
I did exactly what I said. I used Google Drawings BTW.
Here are some icons.

And since no one could be bothered to do my tiny request, I did it myself, using my overnight roster making skills.
I tried and it is still as blurry as before... :( What are you doing different than me? I blew up the image and then pasted the character over it and fit it but when I resize it back to 48x55 it is really pixelated... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I tried and it is still as blurry as before... :( What are you doing different than me? I blew up the image and then pasted the character over it and fit it but when I resize it back to 48x55 it is really pixelated... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!
Maybe because you are blowing up the template.
Try shrinking your character and putting them in the template instead.

RetroGameNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Levelol10
The reason it looks pixelated is because it is 48 x 55, so it should be pixelated. If you were to zoom in to any of our icons they would be pixelated, but since they are shown on a very small scale they look fine.
Post some of your icons so we can see what you're talking about.

Z1zzor

Smash Cadet
The reason it looks pixelated is because it is 48 x 55, so it should be pixelated. If you were to zoom in to any of our icons they would be pixelated, but since they are shown on a very small scale they look fine.
Post some of your icons so we can see what you're talking about.
This is what I mean:

GoFish13

Smash Cadet
Here's a bunch of DC Icons
Also a lot of the original pictures for these had backgrounds so they may be a little weird looking.
Aquaman:

Atom:

Batman:

Flash:

Green Arrow:

Green Lantern:

Justice League and Other Heroes:

Shazam:

Superman:

Swamp-Thing:

Teen Titans/Young Justice:

Villains: