• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Jakor

Smash Ace
The version 7.0 is now available to download, spread the word!

As usual, if you encounter any problems, bugs or whatever else, contact me at any time!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nice but I have a problem: I try to add some character icons that I have in the folder, and it doesn't work.
The program itself has 1989 images, but I have 2123 in my folder (for example a cooler version of Zero Suit Samus).
Any help?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Nice but I have a problem: I try to add some character icons that I have in the folder, and it doesn't work.
The program itself has 1989 images, but I have 2123 in my folder (for example a cooler version of Zero Suit Samus).

Any help?
It should work. Make sure you do the usual procedure. Adding the images to the folder with the prefix "Icon" for all of your files. Then once in the program, click on "Add new characters icons" in the "File" menu.

Also new to this version, the characters that appear in bold in the list of characters means they have more than one icon. Right-click on them to cycle through the available icons for the character in question.

Let me know if that worked.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It should work. Make sure you do the usual procedure. Adding the images to the folder with the prefix "Icon" for all of your files. Then once in the program, click on "Add new characters icons" in the "File" menu.

Also new to this version, the characters that appear in bold in the list of characters means they have more than one icon. Right-click on them to cycle through the available icons for the character in question.
That's it, I couldn't find the other versions of the same icon. Thank you

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thank you, Jakor! It's amazing!

EDIT: What does a character in bold mean?

D

Deleted member

Can someone make icons for these drawings of Toad, Alph and Wario?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Characters in bold have more than one icon. Right click on these characters to change their icon.

Oh, wow! That explains a bit.. That's really cool, as well as the italics for custom icons... This is a lot easier now, thank you!

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I've installed Java and done all the file extractions multiple times, yet the roster maker still says I need to download Java.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
If it hasn't been done already, I'd like to see icons for the official art for Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad from Super Mario 3D World.
[collapse=Warning, large images]

[/collapse]

Turek

Smash Cadet
If it hasn't been done already, I'd like to see icons for the official art for Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad from Super Mario 3D World.
[collapse=Warning, large images]

[/collapse]

Is this good? I can adjust them if needed.

Bonus: An image that's been laying around for a while.

EDIT: Fulfilled a few more requests. Again, will adjust if needed. Icons wildly vary in style, and I don't want to screw up any rosters.

EDIT2: Armored Mewtwo, from the recent P:M art. I'm open to changing the icon's name, or doing any adjustments (as usual).

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Yay, Mr. Resetti!

I would say, as far as icons go, it may be good to make ones for Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja, as Jakor finished his icons before they were revealed (I am assuming) and they aren't included in the roster icons while the starter and mid-level evolutions are. Just for consistency with all the other starter line icons.

Turek

Smash Cadet
Yay, Mr. Resetti!

I would say, as far as icons go, it may be good to make ones for Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja, as Jakor finished his icons before they were revealed (I am assuming) and they aren't included in the roster icons while the starter and mid-level evolutions are. Just for consistency with all the other starter line icons.

I don't know for sure, but there's actually a fairly good chance that Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, etc. have icons ready, but not filled out for the roster.

From a PM:

Jakor said:
There is always tons of icons to add, and I cannot add everything. Out of all the icons Gibdo Knight sent me alone, there was more than a thousand I didn't keep. But some of them could always be added in a future version like many Pokemon I left out.
Again, it's a good chance you'll find these icons made in Gibdo Knight's archive as soon as it is updated.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The version 7.0 is now available to download, spread the word!

As usual, if you encounter any problems, bugs or whatever else, contact me at any time!
Awesome!!! I like all the updated icons (so many new ones!!!), :psycho: the new ease of use "confirmed" and "cut" features, and especially the ability to auto-update this tool. You've done good stuff Jakor.

Anyways, I hate to be a burden, but I got a problem/question...

...is there a way to transfer any of my saved rosters in the program from the previous version (6.1) to the current version (7.0)=???

Because I'd realllllly love to seamlessly transfer my character rosters from 6.1 to 7.0, and possibly fool around with them there. I love the new stuff so much!!! :love:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Is this good? I can adjust them if needed.

Bonus: An image that's been laying around for a while.

EDIT: Fulfilled a few more requests. Again, will adjust if needed. Icons wildly vary in style, and I don't want to screw up any rosters.

EDIT2: Armored Mewtwo, from the recent P:M art. I'm open to changing the icon's name, or doing any adjustments (as usual).

Thanks for the Icon, excellent work in general, keep doing them.
.n_n.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Hey man... I just have to say that I L-O-V-E version 7.0... This is amazing! :estatic:
I know this is gonna be in the far future but for the next version could you add Items?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
A version of this with a picture of stages would be nice now that I think about it. But the icons should be a lot bigger to see something meaningful probably.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
How about... the Plasm Wraith from Pikmin 3?

I'm making a boss roster, so this one would be nice :)

Jakor

Smash Ace
About adding icons for items and stages, I'll see about that. But first I would need images of those!

...is there a way to transfer any of my saved rosters in the program from the previous version (6.1) to the current version (7.0)=???

Because I'd realllllly love to seamlessly transfer my character rosters from 6.1 to 7.0, and possibly fool around with them there. I love the new stuff so much!!! :love:
Unfortunately, I don't recommend using old databases with the new version. So much stuff has changed code wise in the way information is stored. But the good news however, is that this should be the last time users need to redo their rosters from scratch when a new version is usually released. Since you won't have to download a new archive for the next version, as it should now be done with the "Check for updates" function in the "?" menu, I've implemented a way to update existing icons and rosters should their information change.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Currently working on removing Icons from my post that has been added to roster maker, then I will get to work on requests.

I also have a bug to report. It's not new, but i have forgotten to mention it before:
All Icons using an "é", which is some pokemon icons has had their "é" replaced by an Ç.
There is also a similar problem with the Altaïr where the ï is replaced with ã.
they won't show up unless you press add new icons.

Jakor

Smash Ace
If anyone can make icons with the items and stages above, that would be great. For the stages, you can keep them at the size they are now and I'll see what I can do.
Currently working on removing Icons from my post that has been added to roster maker, then I will get to work on requests.

I also have a bug to report. It's not new, but i have forgotten to mention it before:
All Icons using an "é", which is some pokemon icons has had their "é" replaced by an Ç.
There is also a similar problem with the Altaïr where the ï is replaced with ã.
they won't show up unless you press add new icons.
You are using a Mac if I remember correctly, right? That could explain it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
For Zelda: Here
For Other Nintendo: Here
For Pokémon: Trainers, items, stages and Gen 1-2: Here / Gen 3-7 Pokemons: Here
For Third Party: In Smash: Here / Other Third Party: Here
For Non-Video game: Here
Mario and Friends (594 Icons)
Super Mario

Spin-offs