• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The story was interesting. What do you all think of the final boss?

Awesomethreat

Smash Cadet
I suppose your guess is as good as any.
I still dont get how a butterfly-winged giant floating guy is related to the story line.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
He was about as related to the storyline as Sonic was.

As for the boss himself, I was doing co-op with my girlfriend, and we had HUGE trouble beating the boss. Mainly due to when he went in the background and released those three red bubbles. Basically instant death for both of us until I could get the timing on the side-stepping right, and always an instant death for her. VERY frustrating.

*EDIT* Meta-Ridley is an example of a really well-done boss, at least in my opinion. It was challenging, Ridley had powerful attacks (as in, he wasn't a wimp), he presented opportunities to damage him (unlike the constantly-teleporting Tabuu, trying to use Dedede vs. Tabuu is about as effective as mowing the lawn with your teeth), he had unique and interesting attacks (dragging the Blue Falcon down being the one that sticks out in my mind), but he could be beaten if you were intuitive enough to get the mechanics down.

What I'm getting at is that Meta-Ridley was CHALLENGING, where as Tabuu was ANNOYING. There's a thin line between those, and I'm sad to say that the final boss is probably the worst one in the game, due to the annoyance factor.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Taboo had like 50 one hit kill moves....omg in anycase I think thats why they left no words in the story...use ur imagination....

R.I.P. Master Hand

-Ciao

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
What did I think about the final boss?

Does sick evil twisted godless vile evilness sum it up?

Worst is "oops-sorry-i-just-blew-up-the-enitre-stage red bubble".

If there was a unlockable for beating him with few characters/no continues, i'd break my wii.

Shukudai

Smash Apprentice
i dunno.. I agree that the final boss was annoying, but meta ridley was too easy still. Only took me two or three go's to kill ridley, took me about 10 to kill final boss, but it wasn't too hard.

if a bat happens to spawn during final battle that's a half bar easy, just keep throwing that thing at him :) he seems to do his angel-bubble attack at set intervals, so if you dodge the attack i kind of see it as saving a stock. It's only that attack and the target-grab attack that seems to instant-kill.

Ganondorf's B (wizard punch? i forget what it's called) does chunks off his bar too.

notnarb

Smash Cadet
I thought the final boss was pretty obvious, the chains were used to control master hand, forcing him to his will (most likely because master hand could be seen as the 'ruler' of smash land). I also noticed that in the cutscenes. tabuu used the wings to turn people into trophies instantly, and sonic damages them, limiting his use of them (but he could still do one at a time as they weren't fully destroyed). I thought it was an interesting way to insert a time limit on that fight rather then "kill me in a minute or you lose". Tabuu is the only boss with a move like that, so that is probably why he has significantly reduced HP in boss mode (where you only get one character)

M.K

Level 55
I was playing on Easy, and Tabuu's Red Shockwaves destroyed me, and I didn't know how to dodge it. Other than that, Lucario's Double Team would "deflect" his other attacks.

zelda1818

Smash Cadet
Tabuu was a fun boss, even though he killed all my characters except Sonic!

Basically the Master Hand was being controled by Tabuu, but Ganondorf and Master Hand didn't know it, so when Tabuu revealed itself, Ganondorf and the Master Hand attacked to show who was boss. But they lost...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
*EDIT* Meta-Ridley is an example of a really well-done boss, at least in my opinion. It was challenging, Ridley had powerful attacks (as in, he wasn't a wimp), he presented opportunities to damage him (unlike the constantly-teleporting Tabuu, trying to use Dedede vs. Tabuu is about as effective as mowing the lawn with your teeth), he had unique and interesting attacks (dragging the Blue Falcon down being the one that sticks out in my mind), but he could be beaten if you were intuitive enough to get the mechanics down.
I have to agree. As easy as they were I thought Ridley and Meta-Ridley were very well done boss fights. My first thoughts on them were "If Ridley could do some of this stuff in the Metroid games he would be a lot tougher." My favorite cutscene by far though was when Ridley swooped in for Samus and started scraping her head across the wall; as much as I love Samus, that was bad***.

PensFan101

Smash Rookie
I have to agree. As easy as they were I thought Ridley and Meta-Ridley were very well done boss fights. My first thoughts on them were "If Ridley could do some of this stuff in the Metroid games he would be a lot tougher." My favorite cutscene by far though was when Ridley swooped in for Samus and started scraping her head across the wall; as much as I love Samus, that was bad***.
That was pretty good, but the Peach/Shiek/Fox random tea party scene takes the cake easily lol/

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I say... Taboo is the creator of what we know as the "Subspace Emissary" and also the one who was manipulating Master Hand... maybe Taboo is an out-of-control creation of the Master Hand?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Boring theory about Taboo incoming..

I thought of this at school today, and I got my own theory to share now..

In SSB64, Master Hand was the right hand of "Taboo", as he was a kid and playing with his dolls, using his imagination.. It's even clearly seen in the intro of SSB that it takes place in a kid's room.

SSBM, however, takes place in the Smash Bros World (from here on said as SBW), where the real Master and Crazy Hands were, in addition to the fighters of SSBM/B.. Also, we are revealed that the fighters in SBW are trophies that Master Hand ( "manifestation of creative spirit" ) then turns alive (as seen in the beginning of SSBM intro, Master Hand throws Mario trophy into air and when he lands, he turns alive) to fight eachother, and in the end, himself.

Then, before SSBB in the timeline (and after SSBM), Taboo (not a kid anymore), finds out that the SBW exists, and curiously he starts to find ways to go there.

After that, in SSBB, before the SSE story, Taboo had discovered that SBW and Real World are connected to each other by the area we know as "Sub Space"(<-from now on SS). Then he manages to make a small bomb, which creates a portal to the SS. As he enters it, he transform into what we see of him in SSE (I have no explanation yet for this, however he became much more powerful, than what he was in the real world). Then he lures Master Hand into the SS and takes control of him, and uses him to command Ganondorf, Bowser and Wario (He used Master Hand because the SBW habitants had learned to respect him) to use a device he had made, which erases the lifepower from other's when hit.
He also starts to produce the bigger SS Bombs in the Robot place to get the whole SBW to merge with the real world (He also seemed to have a ready weapon hiding in the SS that would "eat" the world.), and get all of the trophies into his collection. (Greedy guy, eh?).

I think I'll include my theory of why Master Hand is the right one, and Crazy Hand is the left one..
Master Hand is, as already said, a "manifestation of creative spirit" and Crazy Hand is "manifestation of destructive spirit". This can be for several reasons, or for no real reason at all (after all, it's just a game we're talking about), but I say it's because the majority of mankind is right handed. They can use their good right hand to create things, but their more clumsy left hand is only good for destroying, hence the "creative / destructive spirit".

Both of these theories are made after playing SSB(M) and watching videos and reading stuff of SSBB.
This theory can be 100% wrong, or somehow correct. Maybe there even isn't any real backstory for Taboo, but if anyone wants to use this theory, feel free to do it, but Give credit to where it belongs.

PS. This is my longest post so far.

PaThKu

Smash Rookie
I think the Final Boss is Master Hands father. Master hand being the kid playing with his toys (the smash characters)
I haven't beat SSE, but since SSB64 I have always thought that the characters are trophies and that master hand is the owner that plays with them.

I am glad that someone else has considered this!

I wonder if the plot will ever be truly revealed?.....

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
The final boss was a hilarious example of Final Fantasy writing (SSE and FF had the same writer).

Somewhat interesting plot leading up to traveling in a weird otherworld area and a completely random final boss at the end. Don't bother forming an explanation, there isn't one. Tabuu's trophy merely states:

The ruler of Subspace and master of operations. Tabuu controls Master Hand with chains of light to excise this world and build up his great maze. He used Shadow Bugs to form Subspace and manipulates the servants of Master Hand to his heart's content. Born in a vastly foreign realm, he also possesses great leadership powers. Tabuu... No name is more suitable.
source: http://www.brawlcentral.com/content.php?p=trophy/sse/tabuu

See? Completely random. Why are his leadership powers relevant? Why the heck does he want to make a maze? WHAT THE BLAZES DOES TABUU MEAN?! It doesn't tell us. And, frankly, these questions are not questions that are really worth trying to answer ourselves.

On the whole, I was disappointed at the lack of old skool enemies, the need to play through the whole game nearly two times, and the nonintuitiveness of the maze (which would have been better if it just wasn't thrown at you from nowhere). Otherwise though it was kind of interesting. Not worth playing through again.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Hrm. I hated Tabuu.

Seriously, it's like fighting the Drawcia spirit thing from Kirby Canvas Curse. Only faster. And with more stamina.

Not to mention, I didn't realize initially that those gray trophies would be the characters I could play as, and I failed to pick up the Olimar trophy. So I was stuck fighting the final boss without my main. Way to be.

And then, just as I'm about to use Din's Fire on him for a final blow, he teleports to the left, then goes into the background and uses that cheap red move. I die. Crap.

Whatever though. Subspace was fun.

Raea

Smash Rookie
I was kinda pissed because I couldn't find foxes trophy. Fox was the only guy I didn't have for tabuu. I was playing with a friend when I got to tabuu. Anyway, it took us about a half an hour before we finally beat him. Most annoying boss ever.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Finally a real boss for Smash Bros (even if he kills my characters fast). But where is Crazy Hand?

Int_Bl3d

Smash Rookie
Tabuu is obviously just the man in charge of the bomb distribution. I think Gannon Bowser and Master Hand were servents of Tabuu until he was threatening to basically destroy excistance. Maybe their not related at all though who knows. For a multiplayer game though it was a ****ing sick story line with lots of brutal battles

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I detested Tabuu (seems like a common consensus). Thing is, I didn't use stickers and I think the game was kinda trying to encourage players to do so. I loved Meta Ridley and Ridley because they were nostalgic. Meta Ridley esp. reminded me of Metroid Prime 3. Anyway, I thought Tabuu was cool for the first two tries it took me to fight him. Then, I got pissed. I beat him with my sixth char., Pit, only because the last 5 knocked him down to one HP.

jamai

Smash Cadet
Weird.. I killed all of the bosses on my first try and I thought Tabuu or whatever was the easiest of the bosses by far. I wouldn't say I'm particularily good at the game either (did it on normal difficulty). So who knows?

Sup Dawg

Smash Apprentice
With Tabuu being so friggin' hard to beat, I'm wondering if you can unlock him... you'd probably have to do something incredibly difficult, like adventure mode on insane difficulty. And if that's how you get him, then I'd better slip my Wii into some protective padding, for when I throw it against the wall.

Well, I'm off! To adventure mode! Insane difficulty! Shouldn't be too ha- ... holy ****! +_+

...this is going to take a while.

David Mathis

Smash Cadet
i thought the story was amazing. i loved how they did it without any talking, it just adds to the mystery of the overall smash brothers thought. it leaves us wondering what the real story is, and lets us fill in the blanks.

i think taboo was fhkin easy. i beat him my first try, with fox, pika, and then olimar finished him.

it was pretty easy. i agree that his red bubble thing was stupid as hell. but that was like the only thing that killed me.. but thats how he killed fox and pika, and when i was oli. all i did was (i think) jump off the stage and grab the edge, and that little moment of invincibility kept me from getting pwnd.

and then taboo had like, a little health left, and it was awesome how i killed him haha. it was like,i had about 90 damage, and he smashed me away, and i just barely survived and i came back and shot him with the up b pikmin chain, and if it had not killed him i would of fell to meh death..

but yeah. that was my story with taboo

it was badassss when masterhand punched the **** out of taboo. hahaha that ruled

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Tabuu was gay. The first time he did that lame *** red attack, I was hanging on the edge and didn't get hit, so I thought it was just some random move. Next time he did it, bye bye Falcon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede seems to do pretty good against Tabuu (when he isn't teleporting like crazy). I killed him by just trying to beat the s*** outta him with some fairs and bairs and whenever he did that kinda red shockwave attack I just kept continuously airdodging. Still don't know how Sonic got in that room . Other than a weird boss that has butterfly wings and that ridiculously long maze near the end, SSE was pretty fun.

Rune

Smash Lord
Tabuu is the game designer. Game designers more or less make 'mazes' for the characters/players to beat. They control master and crazy hand, the hands of the designer, creation and destruction.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I prefer using Lucas... he always hits me twice in the whole battle, always first with the target grab (which does a steady 36-38%) and than he does the red bubble- which I've managed to survive, once (it did 90% to me and I did the Z-trick off the stage to negate the knockback... lucky more than skilled timing). Otherwise, once you've seen all his moves, they're pretty easy to avoid. I can beat him with Lucas without having to use a second character (if he does get me with the red bubble, I have Toon Link on backup and it only takes another half-minute to finish him).

I feel all the other bosses, while the first encounter was tricky finding out where you could hit them safely without getting punished, once you got that part down they were all cake walk except maybe the boss on the Halberd (he has some annoying charging attacks that don't have a super-obvious startup time). Again, I could always just snipe with Lucas and spin a PK Thunder around in their bodies for heavy damage.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Tabuu is the game designer. Game designers more or less make 'mazes' for the characters/players to beat. They control master and crazy hand, the hands of the designer, creation and destruction.
Loveley, SAKURAI is TABUU... no wonder he has a 1HKO attack "Me = Win"

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who didn't find the Tabuu fight to be that difficult? I beat it on my first try. On Very Hard. Lost five of my six lives, but no game overs. I mean, doing him at a high Boss Rush difficulty would be hard, but as the boss of SSE, he probably gave me the least trouble of any boss besides the Ridleys (well, maybe Porky too).

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Indeed, I whipped him after four of my characters died. CF is still the man, yo.

Hatehatehate his lack of motivation though. I mean still... ALL THAT **** JUST FOR A MAZE?!

SuperShrine

Smash Rookie
Hix!

I like all the ideas about who is Taboo

Frankly he doesn't have a story; but It's fun to make your owns hehe.:laugh:

In my case, I have done one with my siblings, I hope you'd like it:

It starts when the Master Hand and the Crazy Hand were playing with their toys: the Brawl characters; they were modifying them; like Mario in his new look !

But then they think: well we have modified the characters, we have recovered characters from the past, why don't we do our own character?
Yeah the hands want so much, but their new character wasn't so good; so they just left the idea.

Even that, the "new" character (Taboo), saw the others and he gets jealous: why they and not me?

Then he reunited his army of viruses (for that the purple balls can do a copy of the charactes and corrupt them); and he went to the attack. He just want to destroy everybody.

About the crazy hand, it was absorved by Taboo and then it forms his wings (when Sonic destroys the wings, crazy hand gets free).

When the Master hand see what happened to Crazy hand, says: This is a really "taboo" (cuz It was look bad, as the bad character; the one who trationed the hands). That's the reason of his name.

Do you like it? I hope to :bee:

Top Bottom