• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB64-CBL

Zantetsu

Smash Master
SSB64-CBL = Super smash brothers 64 crew battle league. Its a new league I am starting. So I’ll get down to the rules and stuff

Requirements

• A team of 4 people. Dosent have to be in the same clan. Also one backup. So 5 total
  • Clan leader must chose a captain to select crew members.
  • 4 to a team (Some clans are small)
  • Must know how to use IRC and pj64k

Rules

• 20 stock a team (5 a person)
  • I will watch games unless I am lagging that day
  • Matches will be recorded via webcam. More info at bottom
  • Laggers (Under 50 FPS) Will have to give his life’s to his teammates. More info at bottom
  • 2 laggers on a team and crew battle will be called off

Stages

• Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
  • All other stages banned
  • Players must agree on a stage. If not I will ask a random person in the chat to choose (Closest thing to random since random dysincs)

What is a crew battle?
---
A crew battle one of the only types of a tournament that does not use a bracket. It is divided into 2 teams. Each team has a set of lifes and the lifes are split throughout the players. Players are lined up in an order and fight till they lose all there lifes then the next person in line fights. So for example

Each player has 5 lifes each

Im first in line and i gotta face neph. He beats me by 2 lifes. He goes on and faces the next guy. The next guy has 5 lifes. Neph has 2.

It goes on till a whole team dies. I got a crew battle up on my utube page so go watch it there for more info

www.youtube.com/BHLMR0

How to sign up
---
Well you dont really sign up. This is how its gonna work...for a while anyways. I will ask 2 people to become a captain and they will find 3 people. And after you have been in a crew battle once u can not be in another one till 3 matches have passed by. im sending invites now

Webcam issue
---
I have no other choice then to record with a webcam. It is a great webcam and gives great quality. It does not lag and all my screen recorders lag. I am looking for a new one at the moment so I may change the rules

Lives to teammate issue
---
A player can not give all of his lives to one person. They must be equally divided among teammates. If a life is left over he can give it to anyone he wants.

P.s. meowkitty if me giving my link to my utube page for info is still advertising pm me and i'l take it off

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Count me out. It turns out I'm not good enough at smash to be in a clan. You won't see Dylan_Tnga ex PÞ-§ Tnga on kaillera again.

BTW I still play everyday, but under a new tag. If I play someone I know I usually let em know its me tnga if we've played before.

Bah whatever if anyones wasting their time reading this post, my new tag is

wreak havok

btw : I might be looking to join another clan someday, when I'm good enough. I have no idea how I made it into PÞ-§ in the first place but they've made it quite clear to me that I am a n00b.

Just means I have more to learn :)

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
SSB64-CBL = Super smash brothers 64 crew battle league. Its a new league I am starting. So I’ll get down to the rules and stuff

Requirements

• MUST be in one of the following clans. SG, iXi, PpS, MC, Pt or BB.
  • Clan leader must chose a captain to select crew members.
  • 4 to a team (Some clans are small)
  • Must know how to use IRC and pj64k
Why only the six clans listed, why not your own clan with 4 people? Why not Unit X? Did you ask the clans if they wanted to participate?

Rules

• 20 stock a team (5 a person)
  • I will watch games unless I am lagging that day
  • Matches will be recorded via webcam. More info at bottom
  • Laggers (Under 50 FPS) Will have to give his life’s to his teammates. More info at bottom
  • 2 laggers on a team and crew battle will be called off
How can you watch a game with five people (you cant with PJ64K)? So if someone lags, how long until they are a lagger? What about desynchs? How about Autofire? (its not picked up in PJ64K) What exactly are you even doing!!!

Stages

• Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
  • All other stages banned
  • Players must agree on a stage. If not I will ask a random person in the chat to choose (Closest thing to random since random dysincs)
Why not just flip a coin and pick the team who gets to pick. Don't complicate it...

Webcam issue
---
I have no other choice then to record with a webcam. It is a great webcam and gives great quality. It does not lag and all my screen recorders lag. I am looking for a new one at the moment so I may change the rules
Your webcam has sound? Maybe you were not meant to record matches.

Lives to teammate issue
---
A player can not give all of his lives to one person. They must be equally divided among teammates. If a life is left over he can give it to anyone he wants.
What happens if they kill someone, and how can the lives to teammate work if the lagger left the game?

I may have made a mistake so post my mistakes here. Sign ups will be released later
A ton of them.

_kSo_

Smash Master
dylan why did you change you name! now i wont be able to find you....ima forget your new one...:(

also, BHL, i'd love to join, but my clan's busy.

Culture of Vulture doesn't play online tournies anyway

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Why only the six clans listed, why not your own clan with 4 people? Why not Unit X? Did you ask the clans if they wanted to participate?
I knew i forgot a clan. I'l add it now

Why not just flip a coin and pick the team who gets to pick. Don't complicate it...
People lie and i did this for a reason

Your webcam has sound? Maybe you were not meant to record matches.
Yes actually my webcam DOES have sound

What happens if they kill someone, and how can the lives to teammate work if the lagger left the game?
There will be an IRC chat so everyones in the same chat. And lagging will be determained before a life is tooken enless they start to lag. Then they will give what lifes they have left

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
dylan why did you change you name! now i wont be able to find you....ima forget your new one...:(
I changed my name because I don't want any association with my old tag. PP-S Tnga was a tag I respected that inspired respect in people that I played online. If I was kicked out of pps this obviously means I'm unworthy of it so I don't even want the Dylan_Tnga part of my name back. I want to start completly new, being the apparant newbie that I am. ;)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What happened with pps?
No clue, I asked to do a tryout and made it in, stayed in for a few weeks and was doing my best to improve taking advice from darthfox/boom/ other good players that I faced randomly like Dreday

Then yesterday out of the blue pp-s had a meeting and decided to kick out Surri, which makes sense because he's pathetic at this game. And me, which I suppose puts me in the same boat as surri so I guess I suck?

I don't believe in johns even outside of a smash match. If I got kicked out its because I suck and need to get better. nothing else.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
lol so complex

i prefer the old make a room wait till someone joins then 1v1 the person or wait for an ffa or teams
That works :p

But crew battles are really cool! Ive done some in melee but never in ssb64 offline or online.

It'd be nice to join this but meh I don't think I'm going to join another smash clan ever again. I might just ''borrow'' a tag though if one of the crews needs another member, ill do a crew battle anytime :laugh:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
What happened with pps?
We all talked to each other on im, deciding who should be in.
We kind of got side tracked but people said surri definitley and maybe tnga/denken would be eliminated.
Boomfan also decided to play beast and captain blowjob.

Members of PPS (Prodigys of Premium Smash)
KoRoBeNiKi (tEtRiS) (aka Koro) (only Keyboard player) (4th member)
MattNF (aka Matt) (3rd member)
Duff McWhaylen (Aka Duff) (8/9th member) (if beast is allowed 9th)
SuperBoomFan (Aka Boom, top member) (2nd/first member)
Fireblaster (7th member)
Darth Fox *Sparkle (Aka Darth) (5th member)
Eric Cartman (Aka Cart) (2nd/first member)
SuperThalliumFan (Aka Thallium) (6th member)

Members who left, tried to join, or got kicked
Denken (maybe)
TNGA (yes, most likely kicked, though ive played with you, you did well)
Surri: (Most likely yes)
Amy: (couldn't join, went into S-G)

Members who may become part
Beast (because of "Beast"ly samus and good pikachu), would be 8th/9th member
Captain Blowjob (would be 10th)

Contact me on aim (goc6283) to try out, make sure you don't lag and you can play project64k on the emularena grounds unit x new york server

MattNF

Smash Lord
Then yesterday out of the blue pp-s had a meeting and decided to kick out Surri, which makes sense because he's pathetic at this game. And me, which I suppose puts me in the same boat as surri so I guess I suck?
What are you talking about? You are much better than Surri. PP-S was getting too big and we didn't want to turn into iXi(which pretty much lets any random noob in, no offense), so the worst 2 members were asked to leave. But you're still probably better than 40% of the people on EGX.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What are you talking about? You are much better than Surri. PP-S was getting too big and we didn't want to turn into iXi(which pretty much lets any random noob in, no offense), so the worst 2 members were asked to leave. But you're still probably better than 40% of the people on EGX.
lol excuse me the worst two members? I 3 stocked denkins last night and Im dead even with fireblaster. Dont try to pertend the entire pps clan ***** me here. I have extreme difficulty beating you, Ecartman, Darthfox, Boom, etc. Players of that calibur. Most likely because compared to you guys my DI and techchasing game isn't up to scratch, but I can at least fight xP. ANYTHING below Is either a close match or a victory in my favour. Unless of course its a falcon ditto since those can go either way half the time but meh ive gotten better at falcon dittos recently.

And I can't recall losing more than a rare few of the dozens of public matches I play on EGX. I dont know how many people there are on EGX but I've played quite a few and Id say from who Ive played so far id estimate that im better than about 85-90 percent of the players on EGX. Pubbies on emularena grounds are pathetically bad and half the time just sit there expecting you to run into their attack and not DI while they kill you. Or camp by the edge and hope for the backthrow. Either one of those playstyles I can 3-4 stock, 1-2 stock if I get unlucky and get grabbed a lot by pika/ness since Im a falcon player but it suprises me just HOW MANY people can miss pikas fsmash edgeguard.

Anyhow im done ranting. You guys think I suck too much for your exclusive ssb group then im out. I still pwn regardless and am getting better everyday. You'll see, I've only been playing online for a month and a bit, just shy of two months. Gimmie 6 more months and its going to be painfully obvious that I shouldn't have been booted in the first place.

I'm -done- with ssb clans for good. I'm not gonna cry you a river here but being booted from pps pissed the **** out of me, and for good reason.

we didn't want to turn into iXi(which pretty much lets any random noob in, no offense
If you're implying I'm iXi material than you're mistaken. Aside from tigerbombz when he was iXi I seriously doubt there's an iXi member that can currently beat me. I've played at least 20 iXi members and beaten all of them. Its a nub clan, and despite how pp-s thinks, I'm not a friggin' nub.

Seriously though if theres a iXi member worth my time, Id love to play him/her.

Sorry for the rant. Last post of this nature in this thread and I'll let the CBL thread go ahead as planned.

Also : I was being sarcastic. I 3-5 stocked surri before I even joined.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
And I can't recall losing more than a rare few of the dozens of public matches I play on EGX. I dont know how many people there are on EGX but I've played quite a few and Id say from who Ive played so far id estimate that im better than about 85-90 percent of the players on EGX.

I'd say you're probably mistaken about that number.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'd say you're probably mistaken about that number.
Probably I am since I havent played everyone. but my point being that the average player on kaillera is a joke to me. Anyhow just play me online, I dont even care whos better than who I just like the game.

The only reason I ranted like that ^^ was because I got kicked out of pps for aboslutly no reason because there are still people in the clan that I can beat easily.

And even moreso I'm pissed because now the CBL is starting and I don't have a friggin' crew.

IF ANYONE WANTS ME FOR A CREW MATCH JUST PM ME :)

Boom tells me those people are gonna be kicked out too though so whatever I guess pps is for the elite of the elite.

Again : I don't care. I just like playing ssb64 so Ill see you online and stop hijacking the thread.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Dammit I only have 1 other person that I can contact that is part of my DP crew, feel free to join mine you want too.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I've stopped playing with My Fox just because Jiggly's combos are sexier. I do NOT kill people unless they are 70+. And I ****ing love playing Fox's. And Samus.

Ask mah boi shadowmario, I hit him with a bair, weak bair, fair weak fair, and nair for the kill. I stopped. Screamed in my house "****ING OWNED!!!!!!"

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I've stopped playing with My Fox just because Jiggly's combos are sexier. I do NOT kill people unless they are 70+. And I ****ing love playing Fox's. And Samus.

Ask mah boi shadowmario, I hit him with a bair, weak bair, fair weak fair, and nair for the kill. I stopped. Screamed in my house "****ING OWNED!!!!!!"
Sounds nice. Although shadow's basically a combo bag. ;)

EDIT: So is this thing going to happen? I want to participate.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Can I play vs iXi by myself? I'll take 10 stocks vs 4 players with 5 stocks each. I'll win. :p

/ iXi hatin'

Seriously though BHL when IS this gonna start? I dont have a clan.. (Glares at Dan) but im still intrested in sitting on the sidelines incase someone cant show.

Dylan_Tnga, the official extra player if ya need him!!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
For the last time U DONT NEED A CLAN. U just make up a team -_-

And its kinda already starting. I choose captains and i chose neph and dre. Neph has got his team but dre is being lazy and not getting his team together T_T

More info later

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
lol, everyone in pps was average honestly besides boomfan and ecartman. Members like Near. Koro, Thalimfan were beatable without z canceling and short hoping as i did when i first began playing smash. MattNf was average, Darth fox was good for his time but average, fireblaster was good for his time but average, denken was overrated, surri was meh so was PD, never played beast, duff or tnga. Some good people like zenyore, dext3r and bane joined pps but by that time it was dead anyways

Last edited:
Top Bottom