• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Krystal, as she could actually be different from Fox and Falco. I mean... Wolf? Really? Krystal would be the better alternative. I´d also love to see Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool and Shulk.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's been proven multiple times how Krystal herself could be a clone as well even with that magic stick, and better alternative to Wolf? Many, many would beg to differ there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would love to see Krystal, as she could actually be different from Fox and Falco. I mean... Wolf? Really? Krystal would be the better alternative. I´d also love to see Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool and Shulk.
Such delicious irony. Wolf is actually much different from Fox and Falco. He really only shares the Specials and Final Smash, and even then, his non-FS Specials are very different from Fox's and Falco's. Furthermore, it is also by no means a guarantee that if Krystal got in that she'd be unique. Even with the staff, it is actually quite easy to make her a clone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just because Krystal could be a clone doesn't mean chances are she would be and doesn't mean she only has as much to offer as Falco or Wolf did, moveset-wise. If she was to be implemented at this point (which isn't too likely), she would be unique or nothing, I doubt Sakurai would add a third moveset based on Fox's.

That said, no, Krystal wouldn't have necessarily been a better alternative to Wolf. Under the circumstances in which Wolf most likely got in, his inclusion made more sense than Krystal's (as it was likely his inclusion was later than most of the other characters, and he would've been easier to add than an original character -- which Krystal probably would've been if hypothetically added). Plus, overall, he was just as popular as Krystal was around Brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just because Krystal could be a clone doesn't mean chances are she would be and doesn't mean she only has as much to offer as Falco or Wolf did, moveset-wise. If she was to be implemented at this point (which isn't too likely), she would be unique or nothing, I doubt Sakurai would add a third moveset based on Fox's.

That said, no, Krystal wouldn't have necessarily been a better alternative to Wolf. Under the circumstances in which Wolf most likely got in, his inclusion made more sense than Krystal's (as it was likely his inclusion was later than most of the other characters, and he would've been easier to add than an original character -- which Krystal probably would've been if hypothetically added). Plus, overall, he was just as popular as Krystal was around Brawl.
I know she wouldn't have to be. It's just that when people are absolutely sure that "she couldn't possibly be a clone," especially in the event of them claiming that Falco and Wolf are full-on clones, I feel the need to say that the possibility is there, however small, that she herself can be a clone. Just to clear that up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm surprised that there are more Medusa than Hades supporters. That's odd. :/
Well, Medusa is a longer running villain in the franchise -and is also voiced by numbuh 5

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I still think this poll should be replaced with a more current and accurate one. Get rid of some of those characters that have basically/ literally no chance, like Banjo. That's space that could be either taken off or used for another character.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Sad Masked Man and Groose are so low on votes. Actually surprised about Masked Man seeing as he had pretty high numbers I past polls. From what I could tell at least.

:phone:

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Wow Mewtwo, Megaman, K.Rool and Ridley have been in the top for nearly 3 years now with fluctuating need for Geno.

I guess the idea is give us more villians, our beloved Mewtwo back and Megaman because he is awesome and needs someone to love him when Capcom seems to hate him so much.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, it sucks that Capcom is no longer gonna make games for Mega Man, but he was recently in Street Fighter X Tekken, and Tekken for the Wii U is gonna have alternate nintendo costumes for the fighters, so....

Mega Man has to be in SSB4!

firebro17

Smash Cadet
Little Mac! Come on guys he was a beast assistant trophy in brawl imagine what he could be in 4. I see him being in it anyways. Charzard was an item and became a character the same could happen to Little Mac.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'd get so wet if Mewtwo came back.
Megaman is at the top of everyone's list, so Bomberman would be pretty cool. Although it would be tough to think of special moves that aren't all throwing bombs.

So I'm going to say Bowser Jr.
Bowser leaves the Mario category and gets his own Koopa one with a spiked shell icon and Bowser Jr. joins him. A more of a speedy Bowser. Not sure if I'd want him to do a Zelda/Sheik transformation into Shadow Mario with a paintbrush or have some kind of unique power with his teeth bib.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
so Bomberman would be pretty cool. Although it would be tough to think of special moves that aren't all throwing bombs.
[collapse=Bomberman (Specials only)]

B = Bomb throw/Bomb pump
If you tap the "B" button Bomberman will toss a bomb. If you hold the button, Bomberman will hold the bomb above his head and increase it's size and power.

Forward B = Rocket Bomb
Bomberman places a Rocket on the ground and it will charge forward. NOTE: If it misses everyone, it will keep going in the direction it's aiming till it leaves the screen.

Down B = Remote Bomb
Bomberman places a bomb on the ground that will only detonate after you tap the "B" button.

Up B = Jet Pack
Bomberman puts on a jet pack and flies off. (Works like Diddy's up special and has the same distance. Except it doesn't need to charge up)

Final Smash: Looie/Rooey

Bomberman gets on Rooey and rides him around the stage dropping multiple bombs on the battle field. Occasionally he'll pull out Power Bombs. (The Power Bombs have the largest range but they have a small chance of appearing.)
[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

Newcomers

I don't care too much about newcomers. But some are put into the roster as fillers. I wanted Lyn to be playable in Brawl. Then she ended up as Assist Trophy. Now I'm not interested in her anymore. I don't want to hear Krystal fanboys whining for her playability. I will rather wait till E3 for first trailer.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
This thread needs to be redone. The results need to be posted on the first page, and a new poll needs to be started.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And when it does, "Junior" seriously needs to be referred to by his full name so as to receive an accurate amount of support in comparison to the other Mario characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And when it does, "Junior" seriously needs to be referred to by his full name so as to receive an accurate amount of support in comparison to the other Mario characters.
Hoooly crap. I didn't even notice him first time around! 39 votes!?! WHAT?!?

Yeah, just for that, this thread needs a redo. Although I do agree it might be better to wait til the E3 announcement.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's no need to redo this poll before E3, like FalKoopa said. Honestly, it has all the important characters.

Sure, Dillon and Genesect have gained popularity since after this poll was made, but it doesn't warrant creating a new poll and discarding all these other votes just for them (especially since neither of them has a very good chance -- unlike the inevitable demands to include future 6th gen Pokemon). Tingle and the three above me^^^ didn't have enough popularity to make the poll the first time, even if they made it this time they wouldn't be very high up anyway.

Post-reveal trailer I'd agree a new poll would be in order, but this one is perfectly satisfactory until then. If anything, it shows the popularity when it actually mattered most (when Sakurai was compiling the roster).

Also, I agree, on the next poll Junior must be called Bowser Jr. I've been complaining about that since day one. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It has no Impa. Purely on the purpose of trolling me. :rolleyes:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The winner is...Samurai GOOOH!!

I've already voted...But I didn't realize that you could vote for more than one. Darn...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It has no Impa. Purely on the purpose of trolling me. :rolleyes:
Of course... it's Shortiecanbrawl's poll after all... I remember him saying not wanting Duck Hunt Dog in Smash... where's he on the poll? Nowhere.

Ninjapanda

Smash Rookie
Whoa whoa whoa, why does everyone want Mewtwo back?? I can understand a more usable character that isn't so floaty and slow, but I don't know if he's going to get a reboot like that. Megaman gets a big vote from me. Along with Mii and Paper Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom