• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The sound effects

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
OR. You could've just said "oh ok" or "oh sorry" but you decided to make things even worse by insulting me again...
Why the hell would I apologize? You the one who came in here calling people trolls and ****. You drew first blood, not me. If anything, you should be apologizing to Phoenix.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all admit that the cheering is absolute **** in this game. It's worse than Melee's cheering.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Why the hell would I apologize? You the one who came in here calling people trolls and ****. You drew first blood, not me. If anything, you should be apologizing to Phoenix.
First off, I only called one person a troll, and it was because I made a slight mistake. Second, you should be apologizing. To me because, you insulted me, and yourself because, now you just made yourself look like the enemy here.

Are you deaf, son?
I am sorry for calling you a troll because, I made a slight mistake.

Some hot-hotted dude wanted me to say sorry towards you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually think this game's sound effects are way better than Brawl. Every sound in Brawl sounded...I don't know, grainy? crunchy? Surely you guys know what I'm talking about.

Melee will always have my favorite sounds. Loved the cartoon punch sound effects, and the "whoosh" of sword swings.
Also, the menu sounds are great too. That distinct *chime!* when selecting a menu item is the best thing ever.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
First off, I only called one person a troll, and it was because I made a slight mistake. Second, you should be apologizing. To me because, you insulted me, and yourself because, now you just made yourself look like the enemy here.
I call you out for unjustly calling somebody a troll and I should apologize? Dream on, son.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
My general impressions

64 - Pretty much what I'd expect from a party brawler when I first got it
Melee - The low pitched "thuds", I felt the power of each hit with that bass. I liked this the most
Brawl - I don't remember sorry :[
PM - When I watch games I hear sound just everywhere... I don't really like it... like there's too much?
Smash 4 - Higher pitched version of melee, I'd call it "whacks". Not bad

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I call you out for unjustly calling somebody a troll and I should apologize? Dream on, son.
So are just gonna be negative to people on this topic?

I said sorry to Phoenix, but you're still insulting me. And it certainly doesn't help that you''re still making things even worse.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So are just gonna be negative to people on this topic?

I said sorry to Phoenix, but you're still insulting me. And it certainly doesn't help that you''re still making things even worse.
I'm not insulting you at all. How am I making things worse? By not apologizing for a war YOU sparked? Not happening. I don't care how insulted you feel. You apologized to Phoenix. That's all I asked for cause you did HIM wrong. I'm not apologizing and that's final so you can just shut up about it now.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I'm not insulting you at all. How am I making things worse? By not apologizing for a war YOU sparked? Not happening. I don't care how insulted you feel. You apologized to Phoenix. That's all I asked for cause you did HIM wrong. I'm not apologizing and that's final so you can just shut up about it now.
If you wanted me to apologize than why didn't say that in the first place?! Now you're just trying to make me look like the rude person here. Why if you obviously can't tell that its you. Also, since I apologized to Phoenix, I should be the good guy now (according to your logic). And you are STILL insulting me by saying shut up to me, so you are STILL making things even more worse.

And Don't give me that "I'm not insulting you" deal. Every scornful/rude thing you said to me counts as an insult. I have proof:

http://i.word.com/idictionary/insult

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If you wanted me to apologize than why didn't say that in the first place?! Now you're just trying to make me look like the rude person here. Why if you obviously can't tell that its you. Also, since I apologized to Phoenix, I should be the good guy now (according to your logic). And you are STILL insulting me by saying shut up to me, so you are STILL making things even more worse.

And Don't give me that "I'm not insulting you" deal. Every scornful/rude thing you said to me counts as an insult. I have proof:

http://i.word.com/idictionary/insult
You can't be serious. What you fail to realize is YOU started this. YOU got what was coming to you. None of this would be happening if YOU knew what you were talking about. You're not gonna pin this on me. YOU need to kick yourself for starting something you can't finish.
And just cause you have the feelings of a 5 year old, I'm supposed to care? You apologized to Phoenix, which is all I care about. You're just putting more weight on yourself trying to get me to apologize (which ain't gonna happen, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that) and ******** about how I'm insulting you. I'm not making things worse, you are. You're throwing into the fire. You have the power to shut up and end this right now. Cause right now all you're doing bringing my thread of topic. Now, are you going to whine more about how I'm "insulting" you? Or are you going to open your eyes and see that this is the result of something YOU said?

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
You can't be serious. What you fail to realize is YOU started this. YOU got what was coming to you. None of this would be happening if YOU knew what you were talking about. You're not gonna pin this on me. YOU need to kick yourself for starting something you can't finish.
And just cause you have the feelings of a 5 year old, I'm supposed to care? You apologized to Phoenix, which is all I care about. You're just putting more weight on yourself trying to get me to apologize (which ain't gonna happen, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that) and *****ing about how I'm insulting you. I'm not making things worse, you are. You're throwing into the fire. You have the power to shut up and end this right now. Cause right now all you're doing bringing my thread of topic. Now, are you going to whine more about how I'm "insulting" you? Or are you going to open your eyes and see that this is the result of something YOU said?
I am fully aware that I started this even before you were yelling at me about, but wanna know why I never said it? Because, I started this argument , and you made it function by insulting me. Everything would''ve been fine if you just accepted the fact that I didn't remember something correctly. But you didn't. And it doesn't matter if find the whole insulting deal "childish" it made this whole argument function, and you''re blaming me for it. Even though, it was your fault. Phoenix seems to be fine that I made a slight mistake. He didn't ask for an apology.

Also, I only said you to apologize to me ONCE. And I m not arguing over that.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
Nah, they sound too low-quality to me. Matter of fact, everything in 64 was low-quality. The main reason I don't go back to it is cause the graphics make me cry. Like your profile picture.
Dude SSB64 had the budget of a ham sandwhich and a coke.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, drop the argument guys. It's going off-topic and falling dangerously close to flaming territory. Anchor tea apologized to Phoenix (though Phoenix never asked for one) and it's time to move on. If you want continue the "who apologize to who", please take it to PMs. However, continuing this argument will be considered as spam and infracted. In addition, flaming the other person with remarks forwards ones intellect and Smash ability will be grounds for flaming infractions.

As I said before, take this to the PMs or just drop the argument entirely as it's going off-topic.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I am fully aware that I started this even before you were yelling at me about, but wanna know why I never said it? Because, I started this argument , and you made it function by insulting me. Everything would''ve been fine if you just accepted the fact that I didn't remember something correctly. But you didn't. And it doesn't matter if find the whole insulting deal "childish" it made this whole argument function, and you''re blaming me for it. Even though, it was your fault. Phoenix seems to be fine that I made a slight mistake. He didn't ask for an apology.

Also, I only said you to apologize to me ONCE. And I m not arguing over that.
I never once told you to apologize to me. I don't want your apology. The only reason I insulted you was cause you insulted Phoenix, then you acted like you did no wrong and I was the villain. You can dish it out, but you can't take it when it comes back to you. No matter how you word it, this whole thing is on you. This started cause you couldn't take the fact that somebody called you out on something you did wrong.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Alright, drop the argument guys. It's going off-topic and falling dangerously close to flaming territory. Anchor tea apologized to Phoenix (though Phoenix never asked for one) and it's time to move on. If you want continue the "who apologize to who", please take it to PMs. However, continuing this argument will be considered as spam and infracted. In addition, flaming the other person with remarks forwards ones intellect and Smash ability will be grounds for flaming infractions.

As I said before, take this to the PMs or just drop the argument entirely as it's going off-topic.
Thank the Goddess of Light a moderator halted everything. I hate carrying on continuious arguments.

Please forgive us...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Glad somebody said it. It was a matter of time.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I never once told you to apologize to me. I don't want your apology. The only reason I insulted you was cause you insulted Phoenix, then you acted like you did no wrong and I was the villain. You can dish it out, but you can't take it when it comes back to you. No matter how word it, this whole thing is on you. This started cause you couldn't take the fact that somebody called you out on something you did wrong.
The moderator told us to stop, so let's just forget this ever happened. For realz though.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The moderator told us to stop, so let's just forget this ever happened. For realz though.
Suck up to the mods why don't ya? But yeah he does have a point, this is getting WAY off topic. I don't suppose you actually have something to say about the sound effects to at least attempt to get this back on track, do you?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Suck up to the mods why don't ya? But yeah he does have a point, this is getting WAY off topic. I don't suppose you actually have something to say about the sound effects to at least attempt to get this back on track, do you?
Villager sound affects are from the AC games.

Crowd cheering don't last very long...

I''ve decided to play brawl for a few minutes to listen to Ike's sword clangs. Not only brawl looks way uglier than this game, his sound effects in both games are... Debatable

Fox's star K.O. scream is hilarious.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Suck up to the mods why don't ya?
The verbal warning should have been enough, Drop the matter completely or risk this thread being closed/your posts infracted.

Any other posts straying from the topic should be taken to PMs, and this thread should be kept free of clutter.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Villager sound affects are from the AC games.

Crowd cheering don't last very long...

I''ve decided to play brawl for a few minutes to listen to Ike's sword clangs. Not only brawl looks way uglier than this game, his sound effects in both games are... Debatable

Fox's star K.O. scream is hilarious.
Everything about Fox's voice is hilarious. The first time I heard Fox go "LAYNDMASDERRR!" I had to stop for breath. I got to wonder why they decided to change his voice. It was so good in Brawl. Brooklyn Falco will be missed most of all. I'm almost glad Wolf isn't in this game, I don't wanna think about what horrific things they'd do to his voice...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's why I'm glad I have both the japanese 3DS version and the NA Wii U version. Case in point, I hate the NA Fox but the JP Fox is good. But I don't like the JP Lucina but like NA Lucina.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That's why I'm glad I have both thrjapanese 3DS version and the NA Wii U version. Case in point, I hate the NA Fox it the JP Fox is good. But I don't like the JP Lucina but like NA Lucina.
Fox and Falco's voices are perfect in Japan. I cannot describe the greatness that is Japanese Meta Knight and his "OOOORYAYAYAYA!". I would spam neutral Attack just to hear that. You're from Japan aren't you?

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
besides the crowd sounding like poop and fox being really awkwardly voiced, i haven't really noticed anything

though hitting someone with yoshi's backair at high percents is the most satisfying thing imaginable

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fox and Falco's voices are perfect in Japan. I cannot describe the greatness that is Japanese Meta Knight and his "OOOORYAYAYAYA!". I would spam neutral Attack just to hear that. You're from Japan aren't you?
I was born in Japan but I hold an American citizenship and currently live in Japan. So I'm an American living in Japan :)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hulk confused...
It would require going into my convuluted history and this isn't really the place for it. But I currently live in Japan.

I hate Pits "Argh!" When he is hit. I just hate Pit's voice in general.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It would require going into my convuluted history and this isn't really the place for it. But I currently live in Japan.

I hate Pits "Argh!" When he is hit. I just hate Pit's voice in general.
I don't hate Pit's voice but I do think that Lani Manelli (or however you spell her name) did a better job. Dark Pit sounds off too now that I think about it.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I don't hate Pit's voice but I do think that Lani Manelli (or however you spell her name) did a better job. Dark Pit sounds off too now that I think about it.
Pit's voice is a voice you have to get attached to.

Play uprising.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pit's voice is a voice you have to get attached to.

Play uprising.
I've 100% Uprising. And I still think Manelli is better. Not saying Del Rio is bad. Just like Manelli better. Del Rio does Dark Pit justice though.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Pit, to me, sounded like a squawking bird, especially his voice clip that goes something like "a-ha!" ^-^

I am not sure if this was in the previous installments but notice when you are at high percent and collided anywhere on the stage, your character makes a "grunt" or "pain" sound. In very enclosed stages, such as the lower area in Temple, you can hear characters grunting repeatedly as they collide back and forth on the stage in a pinball-like motion due to extreme knockback.

I tried this with Pit in the training mode. Take him to that underground area, set his percent high, hit him with a powerful attack, and watch him hilariously go "a-ha! a-ha! a-ha!"

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pit, to me, sounded like a squawking bird, especially his voice clip that goes something like "a-ha!" ^-^

I am not sure if this was in the previous installments but notice when you are at high percent and collided anywhere on the stage, your character makes a "grunt" or "pain" sound. In very enclosed stages, such as the lower area in Temple, you can hear characters grunting repeatedly as they collide back and forth on the stage in a pinball-like motion due to extreme knockback.

I tried this with Pit in the training mode. Take him to that underground area, set his percent high, hit him with a powerful attack, and watch him hilariously go "a-ha! a-ha! a-ha!"
It was in Melee and Brawl, although in Brawl, they made the sound after they got hit, rather than as they got hit. And Pit DOES have wings, so maybe there's something he hasn't revealed... Is Pit a flightless bird?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I looove Pit's new voice. It just fits him perfectly, yaknow?
His old voice though... Sounds like a girl trying to sound like a guy, (actually is though,) and it was more grating then anything else. It was always so loud too. You could usually hear his voice over everything else going on, and it didn't really fit his animations that well. Pit's new voice blends in better, for a lack of a better word.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I looove Pit's new voice. It just fits him perfectly, yaknow?
His old voice though... Sounds like a girl trying to sound like a guy, (actually is though,) and it was more grating then anything else. It was always so loud too. You could usually hear his voice over everything else going on, and it didn't really fit his animations that well. Pit's new voice blends in better, for a lack of a better word.
One thing: HIYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

It was one reason why I don't like Brawl Pit, especially when people spammed his Side Special.

Edit: Last part was more towards the Competitive thread. I got confuzzled.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
It was in Melee and Brawl, although in Brawl, they made the sound after they got hit, rather than as they got hit. And Pit DOES have wings, so maybe there's something he hasn't revealed... Is Pit a flightless bird?
Sorry, I poorly worded my previous post. I meant to note of the frequency of characters grunting. For instance, unlike Smash 4, I do not recall characters in Melee making a grunt, aside from the initial hit, each time they bounced off a wall or ceiling in a stage.

^-^

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
They ****ed up R.O.B.'s side taunt. In Smash 4 it's the same exact noise but it's extremely quiet for no reason. The sound it makes is even hard to hear sometimes. The crowd is also extremely quiet.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
:4fox: voice is just terrible, .
Out of all the character's in this game, I hate this one so much I refuse to use this character. It's a shame too because I know fox is good.
But that God awful voice. Makes me wish I had the Japanese copy.

Top Bottom