• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sora/other KH char support thread.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Interesting stage.

I think it should be less neutral, though.

Think Final KH II Boss fight.
That would be great, maybe the part where you fight Xemnas In His Armor (2nd Time).
He would be sitting in the background and occaisonly knock everone out into space, like in the fight. After that would would have to jump across the building until you got back onto the stage. How epic would that be?

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree.

And Rid. and Falco shouldn't be in that screen.... sorry.... just needed to get that out....

Don't flame me.... :urg:
I felt like adding some controversy to the image. :chuckle:

Your lucky your a Sora supporter, or I'd send the wrath of my other club, Club RIDLEY upon you. Just kidding.

I believe both Ridley and Falco will be playable though.
Especially Ridley.
Oh and did I mention Ridley?
And Sora
and Ridley

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
add in contraversy........haha, falco needs new moves

stage ideas.......the fight in KHII against the guy with the sniper rifle thing

finalark

SNORLAX
add in contraversy........haha, falco needs new moves

stage ideas.......the fight in KHII against the guy with the sniper rifle thing
Good idea.... I'm trying to think of his name.... it took me ages to get past him my first time through the game.... arg.... um........ GAH! I once knew his name!

That's it, Xigbar!

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Good idea.... I'm trying to think of his name.... it took me ages to get past him my first time through the game.... arg.... um........ GAH! I once knew his name!

That's it, Xigbar!
thank-you........and he was onee of my favorite bosses in the game. He'd make an interesting stage hazard

finalark

SNORLAX
Please do.
Okay.... just please don't flame.... these are just my thoughts.

Why I can't see him in:

1: Everyone in Brawl is ether humanoid or cartoony, Rid. doesn't fit into ether one of these. Try and imagine a cratoony Rid. Doesn't work, does it?

2: He flies, kids. He's supposed to be a flying dragon, if they retained this he would be more broken then my friend's PS2. If they didn't and they just made him run across the ground (or glide) then this wouldn't be Rid. It would be a dragon that slides across the ground.

3: Limited move set: Other then slashing, clawing and breathing fire (does he even do that?) then there isn't much you could do with him....

These are just my thoughts, don't flame:)

And about the delay.....

(In Davey Joans' voice) **** you Nintendooooo!!!!

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with you about the third party thing SNBM.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i'm emo...
No one is emo. Because everyone is emo. Because no one actually knows what "emo" means anymore (if they ever did).

At this point, if there's one recognizable characteristic of an emo kid, it's that they're fake people. And I don't think that's you.

P.S. Anyone trying to find a good argument against Ridley is wasting their time. There just aren't any. The only thing that could keep Ridley back would be if Sakurai randomly has a bias against him.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm with NRWC on this one, as far is Ridley goes I was just putting out why I can't see him in the game.

I don't wouldn't have any complaints if he got in.... it's just hard to see him with the reasons that I previously listed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm with NRWC on this one, as far is Ridley goes I was just putting out why I can't see him in the game.

I don't wouldn't have any complaints if he got in.... it's just hard to see him with the reasons that I previously listed.
I understand where you're coming from, because I used to view Ridley the same way. But then I saw Charizard and went, "**** it, Sakurai can do anything."

Sora for Brawl.

finalark

SNORLAX
Eh, Charizard comes from a cute and cuddly series anyway so...

but yeah, how much do you want to bet a new 3rd partier is showing up? It happened the last time the game got delayed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Eh, Charizard comes from a cute and cuddly series anyway so...

but yeah, how much do you want to bet a new 3rd partier is showing up? It happened the last time the game got delayed.
Eh, I'm still thinking we're not getting another third party (unfortunately for Sora). This delay is much shorter than the one they announced last time ,especially for Japan. It's still coming out this month for them, I think. Plus, when we got Sonic, he came ON the day the delay was announced to ease the blow. This time, Sakurai didn't even acknowledge it. If Sakurai had another pleasant surprise like that for us, I think he would've revealed it today.

Or he could gives us Sora tomorrow. Here's hoping.

finalark

SNORLAX
Eh, I'm still thinking we're not getting another third party (unfortunately for Sora). This delay is much shorter than the one they announced last time ,especially for Japan. It's still coming out this month for them, I think. Plus, when we got Sonic, he came ON the day the delay was announced to ease the blow. This time, Sakurai didn't even acknowledge it. If Sakurai had another pleasant surprise like that for us, I think he would've revealed it today.

Hmmm.... good point....

vastler

Smash Apprentice

i just hope what your saying isn't true cause it'll be nice to have another third party, we'll have more fun if another 3rd party char ,& even more fun if it is Sora

vastler

Smash Apprentice
aside from brawl

just for once aside brawl(i just has the urge to tell anyone it's also about 3rd party) for soul calibur fan
in SC2 the 3rd party was in each console Link(for gamecube),Spawn(for X-Box),& heihachi(for PS2)
in SC:legend Lloyd irvin(from tales of symphonia)was their special guest char
in SC4(this shock me) Darth Vader(for PS3) and master Yoda(for the X-box 360) isn't that awsome
PS: i realy apoligize if i ruin this forum i just can't hold it in so once more very Sorry

still and always Sora for Brawl

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
No one is emo. Because everyone is emo. Because no one actually knows what "emo" means anymore (if they ever did).

At this point, if there's one recognizable characteristic of an emo kid, it's that they're fake people. And I don't think that's you.

P.S. Anyone trying to find a good argument against Ridley is wasting their time. There just aren't any. The only thing that could keep Ridley back would be if Sakurai randomly has a bias against him.
Emo = Emotionaly Hardcore. People that drive their emotions to the extreem, super happy, super sad, no middle ground. and always whine about things. When they're really sad, they cut. lol.

Emo (2)= Style of dressing, covering one eye with hair, and usualy keeping the rest short (sometimes.) Wearing really tight pants and shirts from hot topic.

Emo (3)= The style of music.. basicly with the "Always whine about things" In song form. Dress like emos. ect.

There. Emo.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Emo = Emotionaly Hardcore. People that drive their emotions to the extreem, super happy, super sad, no middle ground. and always whine about things. When they're really sad, they cut. lol.

Emo (2)= Style of dressing, covering one eye with hair, and usualy keeping the rest short (sometimes.) Wearing really tight pants and shirts from hot topic.

Emo (3)= The style of music.. basicly with the "Always whine about things" In song form. Dress like emos. ect.

There. Emo.
Your semi-right with #3. Real emo bands don't do much whining, just emotionally driven music. The music your probably thinking of is considered to fall under the post-hardcore category.

The "emo" style of dressing is described as being Scene.

I've never heard of the first term.

I guess I can be described as Scene. Tight jeans. Colorful shirts. Alternative hair styles. ETC. EXCEPT I don't wear makeup.

Now back to Sora.

@SNBM: What did you think of my The World That Never Was stage?

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
New stage idea....The final boss battle level in KH1 (where ansem's in the backround)...he could attempt to shoot you (like the halbard)sp?

your thoughts

vastler

Smash Apprentice
subspace idea(brainstorming)
Sora stared in destiny island the subspace army came, sora fight agains multiple ss-army, after the fight the Rayquaza that fought Diddy kong & Fox survive the fight & now targeting Sora, but out of the blues a nikita missle hit the rayquaza, snake come to the rescue with his ai control helicopter, but rayquaza counter attack and destroy the choper now you have to pick to be either Sora/Snake, they made there way throu the island to fight the rayquaza but the rayquaza suddenly ran before the fight begin Darkside(KH1 first boss)appears and they have to fight it, after they defeat it snake calls for another choper to pick them up and then sayyed to Sora that it isn't for him to be here & all his friends has been turn into trophies the choper come and our heroes set off

well that what i got for now

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
there a theory about a new character every wednesday.....it may be true (but in 14 days we'll know everything)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
yeah, i get out home early tomorrow so i'll do that...
3rd party is going to be released reaaaaaaly close to the game relase.

Atleast were back on the 1 character per week train again...

Lol. Post Hardcore = Best Genre of music ever.

__
@ World that never was stage.

Too much like Delfino, truthfully, I <3 stages like Fourside and Skyworld, theyre like a mini Hyrule, so tomorow or saturday im going to be putting up my stage like that. medium size, partialy destroyable, all awesome. (and crapy color pencil shading :D)

Link to sora sig please. :D

oh, and the red sora sig dosent work for me, dont know if anyone else ran into that.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hate to go back to the off topicness of the emo thing, but. . . .

This is one of the answers I always get. But frankly, I call shenanigans on it. What you're describing is called Manic Depression, or Bipolar Disorder. It's a disorder, hence the name. For that reason, I doubt many people would want to be emo in that sense.

Plus, it totally doesn't apply to people who are "super happy". At least, no one uses it that way. Honestly, when was the last time you saw a hyperactive, really animated girl (and for all intents and purposes, she doesn't "dress emo") and thought to yourself, "Wow, she's pretty emo"? That's just not how it's used in society. It's always used for the other extreme end of the spectrum, if it all.

This much I get, but I don't see why a style of dress should dictate your label. There are no personality characteristics of an emo kid that they can call their own. Anything "dark" about their personality is stolen from the "goth" stereotype, and everything else (the haircut, liking certain music) is just a product of what's popular now. In that sense, they're just trend followers. Trend following = posing.

Besides, would you really want to have such a shallow personality that you're defined by the fact that your pants are too small for you and you've willingly eliminated your own depth perception? I'm not saying it's bad to like the style (I happen to like a lot of elements of it, that's why I partially dress that way), but that doesn't make you emo. It's just something you like. The same way liking video games doesn't automatically make you a nerd.

Music genres aren't based on what a song is about. "Whining about things" isn't a genre. Rock is rock because it sounds like rock—guitars, drums, somebody singing with some force or screaming. Pop is pop because it sounds like pop—nice, catchy, often predictable melodies probably made with an acoustic guitar or some kind of electronic beat. It doesn't matter what those songs are about. You define the genre based on the music itself.

Plus, I've heard people call Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and Dashboard Confessional emo. Can you explain to me what those bands have in common? Cause I can't hear anything.

*long, exasperated breath* Sorry. "Emo" is just one of those things that gets me on a roll.

P.S. ParamoreRiot, I actually REALLY liked your World That Never Was stage. A little too similar to Delfino Isle to work in practice, but still a cool stage.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Hate to go back to the off topicness of the emo thing, but. . . .

This is one of the answers I always get. But frankly, I call shenanigans on it. What you're describing is called Manic Depression, or Bipolar Disorder. It's a disorder, hence the name. For that reason, I doubt many people would want to be emo in that sense.

Plus, it totally doesn't apply to people who are "super happy". At least, no one uses it that way. Honestly, when was the last time you saw a hyperactive, really animated girl (and for all intents and purposes, she doesn't "dress emo") and thought to yourself, "Wow, she's pretty emo"? That's just not how it's used in society. It's always used for the other extreme end of the spectrum, if it all.

This much I get, but I don't see why a style of dress should dictate your label. There are no personality characteristics of an emo kid that they can call their own. Anything "dark" about their personality is stolen from the "goth" stereotype, and everything else (the haircut, liking certain music) is just a product of what's popular now. In that sense, they're just trend followers. Trend following = posing.

Besides, would you really want to have such a shallow personality that you're defined by the fact that your pants are too small for you and you've willingly eliminated your own depth perception? I'm not saying it's bad to like the style (I happen to like a lot of elements of it, that's why I partially dress that way), but that doesn't make you emo. It's just something you like. The same way liking video games doesn't automatically make you a nerd.

Music genres aren't based on what a song is about. "Whining about things" isn't a genre. Rock is rock because it sounds like rock—guitars, drums, somebody singing with some force or screaming. Pop is pop because it sounds like pop—nice, catchy, often predictable melodies probably made with an acoustic guitar or some kind of electronic beat. It doesn't matter what those songs are about. You define the genre based on the music itself.

Plus, I've heard people call Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and Dashboard Confessional emo. Can you explain to me what those bands have in common? Cause I can't hear anything.

*long, exasperated breath* Sorry. "Emo" is just one of those things that gets me on a roll.

P.S. ParamoreRiot, I actually REALLY liked your World That Never Was stage. A little too similar to Delfino Isle to work in practice, but still a cool stage.
SHUT UP! Im studing that stuff in health. I hate that class. and its worse with midterms coming up. that "Super happy girl" you dont label emo because she dosent look it, she was probably wearing A&F or American Beagle. or somthing like that. making her. a super prepy over bubbly prep girl. I dont listen to Fallout Boy.. or My Chem Romance.. or Dashboard Confessional. so I cant help you there. If you really want to get into a conversation about this, lets take it over to the general discussion boards.

Emo music, its made for emos. emos listen to it. Emo Music isnt really in existance, its just... music that emos (as a group of people, not just because afew listen to it, stuff thats generaly acepted by all of them) listen to. Its usualy pop punk. or screamo. or post hardcore. like the stuff i listen to >.>

Sterotypes are there. I get called emo all the time. I've learned alot about emo just to get people to shut up. People arent labeled by their clothes, they wear those clothes to match their label. which gets them labeled even more..

ChosenHeart

Smash Rookie
eyyyy may i join this support group?? thanks :)
anyways i have been reading this thread and im wondering what this emo garbage has to do with sora (nothing against emos) isnt this a support thread not a trend discussion :S

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
SHUT UP! Im studing that stuff in health. I hate that class. and its worse with midterms coming up. that "Super happy girl" you dont label emo because she dosent look it, she was probably wearing A&F or American Beagle. or somthing like that. making her. a super prepy over bubbly prep girl. I dont listen to Fallout Boy.. or My Chem Romance.. or Dashboard Confessional. so I cant help you there. If you really want to get into a conversation about this, lets take it over to the general discussion boards.

Emo music, its made for emos. emos listen to it. Emo Music isnt really in existance, its just... music that emos (as a group of people, not just because afew listen to it, stuff thats generaly acepted by all of them) listen to. Its usualy pop punk. or screamo. or post hardcore. like the stuff i listen to >.>

Sterotypes are there. I get called emo all the time. I've learned alot about emo just to get people to shut up. People arent labeled by their clothes, they wear those clothes to match their label. which gets them labeled even more..
There is a problem with your logic though: Emo is not a group of people.
The correct term would be Scene. Emo is only a form of music.

@Circus: Fall Out Boy=Pop rock
MCR= Post hardcore
Dashboard Confessional= Alternative Rock

And thanks fo the stage feedback.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Before you ask. This account is a proxy. I'm really paranoid about losing my real account for providing you with the information you're about to see. Also, while I can't reveal the name of my souce, I can tell you he was an old navy buddy of my dad's when he was stationed in Seattle, then he joined Nintendo a few years back. He told me to keep this stuff to myself, but this stuff is just too good to pass up.

First of all, I'd like to reveal the identity of the next third party character. It's Sora from Kingdom Hearts. They're apparently using his Kingdom Hearts 2 model with each of his Drive Forms serving as costumes (including his Kingdom Hearts 1 costume.)

Also, since getting Donald and Goofy as Assist Trophies would mean having to go through Disney, they're not going to be in. I don't know who will replace them as Kingdom Hearts Assist trophies. One would think Riku, but he's instead going to be a boss in SSE in his Ansem possessed form with his Dark Keyblade. If I recall, it's going to be Link and Pokemon Trainer who have to fight him with Sora appearing later on to assist, which you unlock Sora after this fight. There are three maps of the Kingdom Hearts universe that can be unlocked, Hallow Bastion, which is the area where Sora fights Riku after he gets possessed by Ansem, Traverse Town in the Second District by the fountain, every hour on the hour, you'll hear bells chime and the mural behind the fountain changes. The third is Twilight Town, where you're on the top of a train as it travels through the various areas of Twilight Town.

Geno is also unlockable. Though for some odd reason, he appears to have the Mushroom Kingdom Mushroom as his symbol. My source was unable to see him fight, so he has no idea how he's unlocked and what his abilities are.

Lucario is also unlockable. My source told me he's unlocked via means other than SSE. The way he mentioned this lead me to believe he's unlocked via an event. One of his costumes is his shiny form. The only special attacks he mentioned is his standard, Aura Sphere which charges like DK's and Samus' standard and an undisclosed special, but it seems like a Down Special, Dragon Pulse.

Raiden and Revolver Ocelot are Assist Trophies. My source is a big fan of Metal Gear Solid, so these excite him quite a bit.

Knuckles and Tails are also Assist Trophies. Dr. Eggman appears as a boss, though he didn't make it clear who exactly fights him.

He also mentioned that some Pikmin fauna will also be Assist Trophies.

Ganondorf is back and his Final Smash is his beast form from Twilight Princess. He also uses his sword a lot more often than his Melee counterpart.

My source mentioned C. Falcon returning was a possibility and so was Ness. C. Falcon will have his moveset remain intact while Ness will be overhauled. They will be unlocked in a similar manner to their SSB counterparts.

Wind Waker Link will be available. He'll fight similarly to his older counterpart but his Up B will be replaced with the Deku Leaf which acts like Peach's umbrella. He also uses his Grappling Hook as opposed to his older counterpart's Clawshot.

That's all for now. I've given you a taste of what I know. I'll post more a little later.

From Gamefaqs. This BETTER be true...

Top Bottom