• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sora/other KH char support thread.

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
GTFO.....if you're not a supporter then dont be a downer
These forums were made public for a reason. As much as we disagree with another's opinion, we have to realize that there is no use arguing over a video game in which we have no control over development.

On another note, perhaps 95% of the move set proposed by the thread's author were just different versions of another's attacks. I don't care either way if he's in, another character is just another option, but why have a cheap imitation if you can help it? Perhaps have something to do with the more unique spells, maybe something like gravity?

There are alot of far more interesting ideas, although I suppose in the end it won't make a difference as to whether he's included or not. ;)

-NS

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
To the first couple of posts in this thread, it wouldn't work you *******es. Quit using designs, characters, and enemies from KINGDOM HEARTS II WHICH WAS ON THE PS2. -_-

GTFO.....if you're not a supporter then dont be a downer
He's not. He wasn't anywhere near the top few wanted characters.
He was only in Chain of Memories and even then it'd be odd if he was in especially since there are other third-party characters with MORE demand, and we already have 2 in the game.

-KW-

Smash Apprentice
To the first couple of posts in this thread, it wouldn't work you *******es. Quit using designs, characters, and enemies from KINGDOM HEARTS II WHICH WAS ON THE PS2. -_-

He's not. He wasn't anywhere near the top few wanted characters.
He was only in Chain of Memories and even then it'd be odd if he was in especially since there are other third-party characters with MORE demand, and we already have 2 in the game.
All that matters is that the main character was on a Nintendo system at some point. I mean, isn't Raiden from MGS (after MGS was basically only on Sony systems)? We've had reports of a Raiden AT.
Also, the only 3rd Parties were Sonic, Megaman, Sora, and a couple ones from the NES era that I have never heard of. Sonic is confirmed, Megaman is deconfirmed, and I doubt a barely-known character would get in over Sora.
Some one posted this on the ign forums and I think you should have a looks.

http://na.square-enix.com/games/kingdomhearts/kh2/

© Disney Enterprises, Inc.

Developed by SQUARE ENIX.

© Disney. Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas © Touchstone Pictures. Developed by SQUARE ENIX. Characters from FINAL FANTASY video game series: © 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005 Square Enix Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

So it looks like SE do not own Sora LOL.

..they mean the DISNEY WORLDS AND CHARACTERS. >_>
Honestly, I doubt it.
I dunno..sounds pretty legit. Hey, we'll know in about 4 days.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but Sora is just not gonna make it into this game. I wish he would but no fellas just no.
reasons? proof? without any don't make statements like that especially in the thread that supports said, and i believe any reason to why you could possibly come up with has already been squashed previously in this thread but by all means prove me wrong.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i don't approve,Kingdom Hearts is a game where it is a crossover between Final Fantasy and Disney,a crossover which is almost impossible.But Sora has never appeared on the Wii,and he only had 1 nintendo game which is for the GBA!1 GAME!I remembered the rumor of Mushroom Kingdom Hearts,where Sora joins Mario and Bowser joins raiku,but it was an april fools joke,if that game turned out real then Sora has a chance in brawl but no,SORA WILL NOT BE IN BRAWL GET OVER IT!

vastler

Smash Apprentice
i don't approve,Kingdom Hearts is a game where it is a crossover between Final Fantasy and Disney,a crossover which is almost impossible.But Sora has never appeared on the Wii,and he only had 1 nintendo game which is for the GBA!1 GAME!I remembered the rumor of Mushroom Kingdom Hearts,where Sora joins Mario and Bowser joins raiku,but it was an april fools joke,if that game turned out real then Sora has a chance in brawl but no,SORA WILL NOT BE IN BRAWL GET OVER IT!
hey look at Snake his in & when did that april fool joke came out(i haven't heard of it).
Come on if sakurai wants to make a mega-surprise ,Sora is perfect for the Job & i still hope he will be in Brawl, he was in sakurai's vote that got to count for something

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Why does Geno keep getting involved in Sora discussion? This has NOTHING to do with him. Neither one is attacking the other's chances, especially if Geno doesn't even count as a 3rd party rep, as many Geno supporters claim.

It's not a hint. It's similar to the heartless, yes, but it's probably just a coincidence. It's POSSIBLE that the idea was slightly inspired by the heartless, but I'm sure it's not meant to be a hint. They wouldn't make something like that a key part of the storyline just for the sake of hinting at a third party character. It's not important enough for that.
Geno and Sora = Square. thats how they're related.

I've heard that Sakurai likes KH. again -HEARD- It might have been from some overhyped KH fan. but... you never know.. I have alot to catch up on.

-KW-

Smash Apprentice
And are ALL the characters Disney or FF? NO! There are plenty of original characters. We wouldn't get Disney or FF characters for ATs. There's Riku (unless the leak was real), Kairi, Org.XIII members, etc.
Hey genius.. -gasp- THE WII IS STILL NEW! Nintendo loves KH. They even said it themselves. Plus we have 3 new games coming out shortly after Brawl, one of them being on the DS. (KH games)
Who in the **** is Raiku? are you attempting to say RIKU? Riku isn't actualyl evil. Bowser Joining Xemnas, however..that'd own.
I will be laughing at you when Sora is confirmed.
Also, SE would likely put him in. One of the reasons would be that he could help advertise the upcoming KH games, and also, SE and Nintendo get along well.

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh boy! It's time to beat a flamer in intelligent debates!

1: They are coming out with another KH game for a Nintendo system, Kingdom Hearts: 268/2 Days for the DS. Don't believe me? Google it.

2: He was on the poll. That counts for something, right?

3: Look at the themes of SSE, then look at KH. I'm not the only one that see a similarity.

4: He fists the cartoony yet serious theme in Brawl already.

Beat that.

Oh, and who is Raiku? You mean the Pokemon?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Geno and Sora = Square. thats how they're related.
I get that. But, as I've seen many Geno fans state, Geno is still owned by Nintendo. And Sora is AT LEAST half Disney. I know a lot of people argue this, but I'm almost positive that the rights to Sora himself have almost completely been given to Disney. Square makes the KH games, but he's treated as a Disney character, as far as I know.

Regardless, I still don't think they have any effect on the other. I think the odds of there being a third third party rep at this point are slim, which would put both of them out unless, like I said, Geno happens to count as first party in a weird way. In that case, he's still not in competition with Sora, so it doesn't matter.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well who else could be the last third partier?
I think Sonic was. There is no guarantee that we're getting another third party character. I know Sakurai said something about 1-2 third party characters other than Snake EONS ago, but even that only meant two or three third parties total. TWO or three. And even then, it was a maybe.

I'm pretty sure we're done.

-KW-

Smash Apprentice
Raiku is his failed attempt at spelling Riku.

Also, SORA IS OWNED BY SQUARE ENIX. 100%.
Disney only owns the Disney Worlds and characters.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, SORA IS OWNED BY SQUARE ENIX. 100%.
If you can give me a source on that, I'll believe you. But I know of at least a couple sources I've seen (that I can attempt to dig up if you want) that at least imply that Sora is mainly Disney.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Sora and all original characters in Kingdom Hearts are property of Disney as part of the agreement in collaboration with S-E, Disney gets the rights to the original characters

Similar to Geno, part of Nintendo and S-E's collaboration was that Square-Enix got the IP rights to Geno and Mallow

Nomura knows this experience is crucial to his career, but he relishes the opportunity to learn more about directing before moving on to other projects. But there’s a bittersweet side to his involvement with Kingdom Hearts II. "I love Sora, but it’s with a broken heart." Nomura mutters out from underneath his hat.

Indeed, not unlike a parent giving a child up for adoption, Nomura has no control over Sora or any other original characters appearing in Kingdom Hearts. The contract between Square Enix and Disney gives almost full control of the Kingdom Hearts property over to Disney. If you happen to see Sora appearing outside of a game in a something like a cartoon, there’s very little chance Nomura is involved, but that doesn’t affect his excitement (or ours) for Kingdom Hearts II.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Sora and all original characters in Kingdom Hearts are property of Disney as part of the agreement in collaboration with S-E, Disney gets the rights to the original characters

Similar to Geno, part of Nintendo and S-E's collaboration was that Square-Enix got the IP rights to Geno and Mallow
not quite, Sora is ownership shared,Half-Disney,Half-Square. he can be in Brawl if Square make a call to disney & have there aproval to be in Brawl (if this happen just wish that disney does aprove)

Plus=There is a prediction that KH3 might be in Wii not PS3(this counts alot)

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
thank
s for being a downer........and i think sora has a better chance....geno has been a minor character in 2 games, Sora has been the main character is 3 very popular games, with 3 games on the way right now
The first game Geno was in the story was about him and also Sora game are not very popular(popular but not very popular and not as popular FF or DQ) and has only a one OK game for any nintendo console and did not do that well.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
All that matters is that the main character was on a Nintendo system at some point. I mean, isn't Raiden from MGS (after MGS was basically only on Sony systems)? We've had reports of a Raiden AT.
Also, the only 3rd Parties were Sonic, Megaman, Sora, and a couple ones from the NES era that I have never heard of. Sonic is confirmed, Megaman is deconfirmed, and I doubt a barely-known character would get in over Sora.

..they mean the DISNEY WORLDS AND CHARACTERS. >_>

I dunno..sounds pretty legit. Hey, we'll know in about 4 days.
They why is he not under SE, you FAIL.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
The first game Geno was in the story was about him and also Sora game are not very popular(popular but not very popular and not as popular FF or DQ) and has only a one OK game for any nintendo console and did not do that well.
are u kidding, KH got the title "one of the Legendary game ever made " thou FF might beat it's popularity but still it's one of the Mega-popular Game

Sora for Brawl

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy! It's time to beat a flamer in intelligent debates!

1: They are coming out with another KH game for a Nintendo system, Kingdom Hearts: 268/2 Days for the DS. Don't believe me? Google it.

2: He was on the poll. That counts for something, right?

3: Look at the themes of SSE, then look at KH. I'm not the only one that see a similarity.

4: He fists the cartoony yet serious theme in Brawl already.

Beat that.

Oh, and who is Raiku? You mean the Pokemon?
1. It is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and you play as Roxas.

2. No it does not because he only had 1 vote and that does not mean anything.

3. Have you even played FFs game because alot of themes.

4. SSBB has a more serious theme then in did in Melee and because of this Black Mage would fit alot better.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
man, can this flamer just leave Sora Alone or maybe the KH PC is Roxas not Sora(is that even possible)

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
are u kidding, KH got the title "one of the Legendary game ever made " thou FF might beat it's popularity but still it's one of the Mega-popular Game

Sora for Brawl

Not as popularity these.

Mario
Pokémon
The Sims
Final Fantasy
Tetris
FIFA
Grand Theft Auto
Madden NFL
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Gran Turismo
Sonic the Hedgehog
Dragon Quest
Lineage
Crash Bandicoot
Winning Eleven
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider
Medal of Honor
WWE SmackDown!
James Bond
Kirby
Mega Man
Mortal Kombat
Command & Conquer
Street Fighter
NBA Live
Castlevania
Frogger
Halo
Harry Potter
Lemmings
Metal Gear
Rayman
SpongeBob SquarePants
Spyro the Dragon
Tekken
Mobile Suit Gundam
Warcraft
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Age of Empires
SimCity
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Brain Age
Diablo
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Half-Life
Nintendogs
Driver
Dynasty Warriors
Barbie
Need for Speed Underground
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū
Guitar Hero
Worms
Disney
Metroid
Ratchet and Clank
Lego Star Wars
Mario Kart
Myst
Dragon Ball Z
Midnight Club
Ace Combat
Adventure Island
Backyard Sports
Battlefield
Bejeweled
Bomberman
Call of Duty
Colin McRae Rally
Dance Dance Revolution
DreamWorks
Hitman
The Lord of the Rings
Momotaro Densetsu
Prince of Persia
SingStar
Star Wars: Battlefront
StarCraft
Tales
Tony Hawk
Then Kingdom Hearts

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
man, can this flamer just leave Sora Alone or maybe the KH PC is Roxas not Sora(is that even possible)
I am not a Flamer, KH is very unlikely to have a rep so I likely to people that think he will that he is unlikely.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
man, that list is what you've think its popularity. you are a flamer
where did you get that stupid list anyway? your mind
every game has it golden age. someone the list are in there dark age and KH is still in gold(i think)

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
man, that list is what you've think its popularity. you are a flamer
where did you get that stupid list anyway? your mind
every game has it golden age. someone the list are in there dark age and KH is still in gold(i think)
That list is what has sold better then KH games have(I got it of Wikipedia, so some of it many be wrong but I would say most of it is rigth) and Kingdom Hearts I would say is in the dark year because after the 1st game it went down hill put hopefuly it will start going up hill went the new DS and PSP games come out.

Also how am I a flamer?

finalark

SNORLAX
That list is what has sold better then KH games have(I got it of Wikipedia, so some of it many be wrong but I would say most of it is rigth) and Kingdom Hearts I would say is in the dark year because after the 1st game it went down hill put hopefuly it will start going up hill went the new DS and PSP games come out.

Also how am I a flamer?
.... okay, so you got your info, from a site that can be edited by anyone?

1: Yes, I know that you play as Roxas. It's still a KH game, it it's bound to have Sora in it.

2: How do you know the result of a poll that's results were never released?

3: *Facepalm* KINGDOM HEARTS IS NOT PART OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES!

4: .... yeah, I agree that the Black Mage would be cool but your point doesn't make any sense. What does that have to do with anything?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
*Sigh* If it isnt my arch nemisis. Del-Boy. Everything you say is based off of opinion. you come up with lists of games. prettymuch every game you can think of. and put it above kingdom hearts.

I asked you to come up with a lead character from Final Fantasy that had a lighthearted personality. you came up with a moogle from FFXII. that dosent fight. or is a lead character.

finalark

SNORLAX
*Sigh* If it isnt my arch nemisis. Del-Boy. Everything you say is based off of opinion. you come up with lists of games. prettymuch every game you can think of. and put it above kingdom hearts.

I asked you to come up with a lead character from Final Fantasy that had a lighthearted personality. you came up with a moogle from FFXII. that dosent fight. or is a lead character.
I have one, I'm not got to say the name but I know one.

-KW-

Smash Apprentice
They why is he not under SE, you FAIL.
Speak PROPER ENGLISH. In the meantime, i redirect your attention Here.

not quite, Sora is ownership shared,Half-Disney,Half-Square. he can be in Brawl if Square make a call to disney & have there aproval to be in Brawl (if this happen just wish that disney does aprove)

Plus=There is a prediction that KH3 might be in Wii not PS3(this counts alot)
-facepalm-
SORA IS 100% OWNED BY SQUARE ENIX, DAMMIT.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Ok first and foremost let's get the facts straight, Sora is not solely owned by either company(I think more so by Disney but I not to sure so i'll leave it at that), this being his biggest deficit to overcome to make it into brawl. Second del-boy quoting anything from wikipedia is not a good idea as to how any joe-shmo can edit it to how he pleases. Also just because a game sells more does by no means make it any better. For example, im pretty sure many of the FF's and DQ's sold more than Crono Trigger, that doesn't stop it from being one of the best RPG's ever. And still don't understand how Sora doesn't fit into the Brawl world. Have you played any of his games, seriously? Sakurai also designed Pit into the type of style that Sora was created in, I'm trying but i don't see the logic behind that statement...

-KW-

Smash Apprentice
Ok first and foremost let's get the facts straight, Sora is not solely owned by either company(I think more so by Disney but I not to sure so i'll leave it at that), this being his biggest deficit to overcome to make it into brawl. Second del-boy quoting anything from wikipedia is not a good idea as to how any joe-shmo can edit it to how he pleases. Also just because a game sells more does by no means make it any better. For example, im pretty sure many of the FF's and DQ's sold more than Crono Trigger, that doesn't stop it from being one of the best RPG's ever. And still don't understand how Sora doesn't fit into the Brawl world. Have you played any of his games, seriously? Sakurai also designed Pit into the type of style that Sora was created in, I'm trying but i don't see the logic behind that statement...
This is where you fail.
SORA, RIKU, KAIRI, ALL FF CHARACTERS, AND ALL OTHER ORIGINAL KH WORLDS, CHARACTERS, ITEMS, ETC ARE ALL OWNED BY SQUARE ENIX!

Disney owns the DISNEY WORLDS, CHARACTERS, and ITEMS.

del-boy, just don't even post here. we don't want your failure.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This is where you fail.
SORA, RIKU, KAIRI, ALL FF CHARACTERS, AND ALL OTHER ORIGINAL KH WORLDS, CHARACTERS, ITEMS, ETC ARE ALL OWNED BY SQUARE ENIX!

Disney owns the DISNEY WORLDS, CHARACTERS, and ITEMS.
You keep saying this over and over, and you keep capitalizing it as if that proves it's true. You still have yet to provide a source for this claim.

MuffinMan (I believe that's his name) posted a quote from an interview with Nomura that I personally remember reading (that is, it looks EXTREMELY familiar to me) that either came from a magazine or an online interview. It states, quite clearly, that the rights to Sora have been given almost completely to Disney. Granted, Disney seems to only have the rights over Sora when he appears outside of a video game, not whenever he appears outside of anything other than Kingdom Hearts. So Square still might have some say in his inclusion in Brawl. However, your claims regarding Sora being "100% Square Enix" are still false. Unless you can actually provide proof otherwise.

As of right now, as I see it, Sora is primarily a Disney product.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
You keep saying this over and over, and you keep capitalizing it as if that proves it's true. You still have yet to provide a source for this claim.

MuffinMan (I believe that's his name) posted a quote from an interview with Nomura that I personally remember reading (that is, it looks EXTREMELY familiar to me) that either came from a magazine or an online interview. It states, quite clearly, that the rights to Sora have been given almost completely to Disney. Granted, Disney seems to only have the rights over Sora when he appears outside of a video game, not whenever he appears outside of anything other than Kingdom Hearts. So Square still might have some say in his inclusion in Brawl. However, your claims regarding Sora being "100% Square Enix" are still false. Unless you can actually provide proof otherwise.

QFT... thank you

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman

QFT... thank you
p.s. that statement also includes, Kairi, Rikku, Organiztion XIII, Xemnas, Ansem, etc etc

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman

QFT... thank you
p.s. that final statement also includes, Kairi, Rikku, Organiztion XIII, Xemnas, Ansem, etc etc

-KW-

Smash Apprentice
GUYS!

I THINK SORA'S IN THERE.
Don't say "lol dats pit lol", because the hair is spikier, like SORA'S.
:D
If Sora is in, The awesomeness of SSBB is revived.

Top Bottom