• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Well that explains why for glory suddenly stopped when I was in the middle of a fight. The update just had to come out right after I broke some dude's shield and was about to finish them off ;~;

Pelias26

Smash Rookie
Knowing sakurai he'll probably sneak some new character in tomorrow without any hype just to watch the internet burn. I would laugh so hard if in the files they intentionally left the japanese voice from the reveal trailer "Show Time!"

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So no Friday surprise then? Ahh, well I guess its good to have updates like this every now and then; everyone seems to forget about stages and modes behind the hype for character dlc. More stuff to have fun with when Snake joins I guess.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Nothing hinting new characters in the Wii u version. I don't think the 3ds version is hacked yet , and that's where Roy and Ryu were found.

Not really expecting anything but I hope he is there.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
How long did it take people to find Ryu and Roy when that update launched?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Sooo....
This is a bit silly, but with Sm4sh's new Tournament mode, I decided to make a 4 day long tournament with the title "Support Snake!", limited to stages and items that were also in Brawl. I know it sounds abit silly, but I figured it'd help spread the word to more Smash players (and if not, at least be a place for :snake:fans).
If anyone else thinks its a good idea i'd recommend doing the same, at least with a similar name (such as "Vote Snake", "Snake Supporters","Snake Stamina", "Vic Boss Tourney" or "God Kojima tourney"). It could get Snake more attention, and if a tournament gets popular enough it pops up in recommended tourney's...well, I'm inferring it does at least. Do it quick before everyone else tries doing the same thing :troll:

(Advice if someone does decide to make a Snake supporting tourney: Nobody plays timed matches. And of course you'll want mii fighters on for the Snake Mii's.)

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
(Advice if someone does decide to make a Snake supporting tourney: Nobody plays timed matches. And of course you'll want mii fighters on for the Snake Mii's.)
Oh man, I just realized that if Nintendo had decided to throw in a random headband that looked like Snake's into the Mii Headwear, our support thread would be much smaller. At least I think it would be.

Great idea by the way!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I joined that thing without even seeing it in this thread first.

Nowifonlypeoplewouldcomeplay. I wanna show off my snek mii.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Well that explains why for glory suddenly stopped when I was in the middle of a fight. The update just had to come out right after I broke some dude's shield and was about to finish them off ;~;
That bites. Oddly enough, Smashboards disconnected for a bit just as I finished reading your post.

Anyway, I'm hoping we get more info sometime this month, it seems like too long of a dry spell to wait until October at the earliest.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Sooo....
This is a bit silly, but with Sm4sh's new Tournament mode, I decided to make a 4 day long tournament with the title "Support Snake!", limited to stages and items that were also in Brawl. I know it sounds abit silly, but I figured it'd help spread the word to more Smash players (and if not, at least be a place for :snake:fans).
If anyone else thinks its a good idea i'd recommend doing the same, at least with a similar name (such as "Vote Snake", "Snake Supporters","Snake Stamina", "Vic Boss Tourney" or "God Kojima tourney"). It could get Snake more attention, and if a tournament gets popular enough it pops up in recommended tourney's...well, I'm inferring it does at least. Do it quick before everyone else tries doing the same thing :troll:

I don't think I'll be able to attend this tournament, but I love the idea of promoting a character through tournaments. It allows you to get the message out while playing the game, and it brings together a group of players who all want to see their character get the DLC treatment. I would be more than happy to join a Snake related tournament.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I posted this in the Mains Thread, but didn't get an answer. Just curious.
Since Snake didn't com- hasn't come back yet, who have you guys used to fill the gap?
Took quite a while to figure it out for me, but Villager was a natural fit transitioning from Snake for some reason. When Ryu came out, I absolutely loved his monstrous combo game, and I also play Ike because he feels so great when you get some momentum going.

Sorry if I've asked this before, I have a terrible memory. Lol.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Since Snake didn't com- hasn't come back yet, who have you guys used to fill the gap?
Took quite a while to figure it out for me, but Villager was a natural fit transitioning from Snake for some reason. When Ryu came out, I absolutely loved his monstrous combo game, and I also play Ike because he feels so great when you get some momentum going.

Most people tend to gravitate towards DHO, I mained Ike. Snake was already a strong heavy defensive character, so Ike was a good fit. Plus the bara headband aesthetic.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I switched to shulk, then when ryu came out I jumped to ryu.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Is Ryu worth the money. I've not sure if I want to buy him. How does he play?
Not sure how to describe it, but he plays like he does in street fighter.

I'd suggest watching a few videos about him to see it he is your tour of character.

Also, if you do buy him, his inputs might be a little difficult to do at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I switched to shulk, then when ryu came out I jumped to ryu.
I love Xenoblade, so I tried Shulk when the game first came out for a month or two, but really wasn't enjoying him. It's a shame, because I actually think he's pretty good. I just didn't enjoy him, sadly.
Is Ryu worth the money. I've not sure if I want to buy him. How does he play?
Oh man, Ryu's crazy. It mostly depends on what you're into, but he's an absolute monster. He has options for nearly anything. Breaking shields, Point blank frame 1-2 jabs/tilts/aerials, good pokes, a great projectile... He's my favorite to play, by far. Quite a learning curve on him though. I'd say pick him up because he's vastly different from a lot of the cast. That to me warrants a purchase.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoy playing as Shulk. He's very technical, just like Snake was. But where Snake's moveset revolved around mindgames, Shulk was more about positioning and using the right art at the same time.

Even if Snake comes back, I'll still use Shulk as one of my mains, but nobody can replace Snake. You just can't just replace the toughest, craziest, most hardcore bad*** on the planet. He's... the s***!

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hey @ Tikivoy Tikivoy , is that tourney still running? Set it up again and tag everyone on the supporters list, would love to have a tourney with you guys.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
After Snake's esclusion from the main roster, I came back to my other Brawl Main :4olimar:, but the 3 Pikmin limit has been an huge problem for me at fisrt, so I needed to find a new main to pair with him. I've found out 2: :4lucina: and :4drmario:. The first beause she was the only unlockable characters that had goven me some trouble to unlock, and when I tryed her it was istant love. The latter because he was my main back in Melee alongside Mewtwo and Pichu. I've also found estremely fun to play as :4ganondorf:. After :4mewtwo: came back, I've mained also him, and I am estremly satisfied when I use both :4feroy: and :4ryu:, so I also started to main them. I'm actually also trying to improve my skill with :4palutena:,:rosalina:,:4rob:,:4duckhunt:,:4miibrawl:,:4miigun:,:4miisword: and :4zss:, since I really like those characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I didn't really switch out with anyone, since I always pick up a character or two with each game anyway. In Brawl I picked up Snake and Olimar, so I at least have one left. Shulk is my new main in this game, along with Ness, G&W, and Olimar from previous games. No one has been able to claim Snake's spot as my favorite character to ever appear in a Smash game though, so Ness and Shulk are my "substitutes." Though Pac-Man is one of my secondaries, so he took my "favorite third party" spot.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a lot of former Snake players went Shulk, me included, eh? I was surprised when I enjoyed Villager much more than Shulk. I have an acute memory of the moment I realized Villager felt amazing. One of my friends on these very 'Boards was over one night. Now, I only recently "got gud" at Smash. And by that, I mean I only in the last few months have really gained a deeper understanding of the game and am able to play at a semi terrible competitive level. Now, my friend is just about the best player I've ever seen. He excels at our local tournament (of which I'm planning to attend for the first time soon). His Toon Link is an impenetrable wall...

Well, I've never posed much of a threat to him. Even now, I barely beat him enough to not quit the game in a fit of depression. He's always went easy on me. He's the one that sort of taught me everything I know, from the beginning. He got me into Project M about a year and a half ago, that's when our friendship sort of started.

I was playing Villager, and he was playing Kirby. We were on Halberd I believe. He was doing his usual, effortlessly taking my stocks away like candy from a baby. He wasn't playing seriously, I could see that much. I was two stocks down I believe, and at a mid percent. I remember something inside me changing, watching him look down to check Smashboards on his iPad in the middle of our match. It was a sort of laser focused desire for revenge, for every time he'd ever done that with me. How dare he treat me like I wasn't a worthy opponent!

I stopped talking, and I leaned closer to the TV. I wasn't going to let this little puffball beat me. I started focusing on the game. Like, really focusing. It's all I saw, and the only thing I heard was the frantic clicking of my controller (and the stage music, but that's not important.) I think that's the moment I really started to fall in love with this game. I started seeing options, for the first time. Okay, discourage his approach with a side tilt. Out of shield short hop nair is a good option for when he hits me. Wall him out with my slingshot and side B. Go for those offstage gimps.

I think I got a hard read on my side smash and that took his stock away. At that point, I was around 120%, and he was fresh on his last stock. I'm pretty sure he noticed my change in demeanor, because he started playing like he really meant it. Our next stock went on for a full two or three minutes, I barely remember it. I played harder than I ever had in my life. I played BETTER than I ever had.

Then it was over. I beat him. God, that was such a great moment. I remember he got up from my couch, looked straight at me, and dumped his water bottle over his head in shame. Lol. That was the moment I knew I'd be with this series for life.

And I want Snake back all the more because of all this. I want to finally be able to play Snake at a high level. I feel like I'm much better than I was in my Project M days. I want to own this character, guys. I want to win consistently against my rival's best fighter. I want a character that feels as good as Snake did to me in M. When this soldier comes home, I'll be ready and waiting.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Samus was always a secondary for me anyway. Never used her much in Brawl because SNAAAAAAKE.

After I got the hang of a controller in Smash U I went right back to her after spending the 3DS days using Lucina.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Oh, nice to see there's interest =) I actually noticed 21 people are in it even though there's only been one battle (which was me vs someone else the minute it started).
Hey @ Tikivoy Tikivoy , is that tourney still running? Set it up again and tag everyone on the supporters list, would love to have a tourney with you guys.
I'll do that, is the list on the front page up to date? Never done this before, so someone let me know if they get a notification for the tag.

Inviting all Snake supporters of this thread to join the "SUPPORT SNAKE!" SSB Wii U tournament to have some fun matches with other Snake supporters, and possibly get it pushed to popular tourney's to help send the message out. It only uses Brawl stages/items and last from 7/31 to 3 am 8/5.

The tourney ID (use it to find the tourney in game) is 57642776193521.
You can make post about Snake or matches at the Miiverse Tournament community:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/3626946842088209939

It should be noted the flaw with the day long/ week long tourney is that you have no idea when someone else in the tourney will be on, looking for a match. As such, I posted recommended times for everyone to look for a match. The times are 9:30 am, 1pm,5pm,7pm,9pm, and 1 am. PST time. Feel free to try to organize times that work best for you in the miiverse community.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I have attempted my first Miiverse Sketch!

I'm pretty new to drawing with the gamepad, so it's no masterpiece! But i'll keep practicing until I can draw on the gamepad just as well as I can draw on paper.

Btw, I joined the tournament under the mii "Default"

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Man I really want to see Snake come back now more than ever for some reason. If he is the most voted game character that would please me greatly.

That being said, if K. Rool's Mii costume is a constellation prize for being 2nd, (assuming Wolf is before the Ballet) then that's probably a bad move. Why can't they use multiple characters from the Ballet?

I want to see Snake, Wolf, Banjo-Kazooie and K. Rool the most. So naturally I hope all of them get in.

I would also really enjoy Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong too. DK could definitely do 5 reps like Zelda and Fire Emblem. Heck so could Star Fox if they added Peppy and Slippy on top of Wolf. But that's just my opinion.

Other then that I would say Chibi-Robo, Isaac, Impa and Paper Mario would be great choices. As would Takamaru, Tingle and Waluigi but they're already assist trophies so highly unlikely. I would also argue for Blastoise and Venusaur sort of replacing Squirtle and Ivysaur but a lot of people are meh on that idea. Inklings I see as unlikely until Smash 5.

Again though If I had to rank it, Snake is definitely my number 1.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Other then that I would say Chibi-Robo, Isaac, Impa and Paper Mario would be great choices. As would Takamaru, Tingle and Waluigi but they're already assist trophies so highly unlikely. I would also argue for Blastoise and Venusaur sort of replacing Squirtle and Ivysaur but a lot of people are meh on that idea. Inklings I see as unlikely until Smash 5.

Again though If I had to rank it, Snake is definitely my number 1.
The moment you mentioned Tingle, I realized how perfect a Tingle mii costume would be.

And according to this somewhat recent, unofficial compilation of ballot polls, Snake is possibly the most voted world wide for the ballot. I don't know if you already saw this or not, but I felt like I should post it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit?pli=1#gid=729442469

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
The moment you mentioned Tingle, I realized how perfect a Tingle mii costume would be.

And according to this somewhat recent, unofficial compilation of ballot polls, Snake is possibly the most voted world wide for the ballot. I don't know if you already saw this or not, but I felt like I should post it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit?pli=1#gid=729442469
My one friend is obsessed with Tingle (she is often easily obsessed with certain characters for some reason and usually cocky or quirky ones). She's a big gamer and has a Wii U but isn't a Smash fan but she would buy Smash Wii U if Tingle were to be playable.

My other friend has the game but wont buy any DLC. Though he would buy Snake if he was announced. The only other character he might buy is Waluigi. He really only plays Mii Brawler though as he rather play as characters he creates. Or Hitler for some reason.

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Ah, got it, in that case I’ll just tag the last 9 people I see on the list. If someone wants to help invite other Snake fans, be it through tags, pm or similar, feel free to. I’ll probably be too busy tomorrow to meet up for some matches sadly >.> Reminder that 15 minutes from now is the next recommended time to join the tourney for matches.

Inviting all Snake supporters of this thread to join the "SUPPORT SNAKE!" SSB Wii U tournament to have some fun matches with other Snake supporters, and possibly get it pushed to popular tourney's to help send the message out. It only uses Brawl stages/items and last from 7/31 to 3 am 8/5.

It should be noted the flaw with the day long/ week long tourney is that you have no idea when someone else in the tourney will be on, looking for a match. As such, I posted recommended times for everyone to look for a match. The times are 9:30 am, 1pm,5pm,7pm,9pm, and 1 am. PST time. Feel free to try to organize times that work best for you in the miiverse community.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I unfortunately don't have a wii u. Shame.

Awesome story @ LightheartedBum LightheartedBum . I have a story similar to that. I related a lot to yours. I can share it with you if your interested.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
@ Tikivoy Tikivoy I'm terrible sorry, but I will not be at home at that time, so I will not be able to partecipate. But hey, this isn't the last "Support Snake" Tournament, right?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
@ F Fire Rider that was you who joined awhile ago, correct? Great matches!
Big Boss snuck into his own tourney as well, by which I mean @HylianHeroBigBoss :joyful:

Interesting to see how people design their Snake Mii's. The one I use was a Solid Snake one someone I knew on MPO+ sent me years ago >.>

@ Nonno Umby Nonno Umby I won't either actually, at least for Saturday >_> I'm sure we'll still have more Support Snake tournaments in the future :snake:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ah, got it, in that case I’ll just tag the last 9 people I see on the list. If someone wants to help invite other Snake fans, be it through tags, pm or similar, feel free to. I’ll probably be too busy tomorrow to meet up for some matches sadly >.> Reminder that 15 minutes from now is the next recommended time to join the tourney for matches.

I will be available from 9:30 a.m. til 12:00 p.m. east coast time today if that's okay.
I'm not ashamed to say I'm not really good at Smash though.

Great way to show our support for Snake. :snake:

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I've played a good bit of Smash 4 across WiiU and 3DS. Still it always feels empty to me. I haven't really gotten another character I would call my main, I've basically have just been playing with my backups. It's a shame I get bored with smash now after a few matches when I could literally play for hours on end with just snake in brawl.

Top Bottom