• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, with Ice Climbers having technical issues that are pretty difficult to deal with, we can safely say he's the second most likely vet after wolf, right?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Is it weird to want Snake back only for the Metal Gear music to return?
Honestly, I love the music more than the fighter.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd rather Snake and Ice Climbers over Wolf, but Sakurai's tried everything to get them to work and still nothing. Still, as long we get Snake back, I'll be happy and not care who else we get (unless it's Pichu or Young Link, let's just keep them Melee exclusives).

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
When i made that first post i was just talking about Snake and Wolf because i feel that they are the most important. I know the Ice Climbers are important but they may not be DLC at all (I will be disappointed again :cry:) Squritle and Ivysaur are not that important i feel to Sakurai (Which is also sad :cry:) I have a theory that everyone will be brought back from Brawl.

Any Support Signs that i could put in my signature???

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Agreed.
Also, does anyone still rewatch the Brawl trailer featuring Snake?
I still do.
Nine years later, I still get chills.
They could still pull of a trailer that is surprising now. Not many people expect snake but want him in, so a reveal trailer would blow people's minds.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They could still pull of a trailer that is surprising now. Not many people expect snake but want him in, so a reveal trailer would blow people's minds.
With how much stuff get spoiled these days, I doubt it. If it does, it's hype perfection and personified

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
With how much stuff get spoiled these days, I doubt it. If it does, it's hype perfection and personified
Yeah, true. Lucas and Robin were not leaked, so if they can keep them secret, then probably they could try to do the same for snake too.
But yeah, if he does come back, we'll probably get some sound file labeled snake or something. Still would be hype though.

StormC

Smash Hero
We haven't had any actual leaks since the ESRB leak, really. A leak in the sense of a person intentionally putting out secret information onto the internet.

The Ryu/Roy stuff is data already in the game that anyone can find. And the update was accidentally put up early by Nintendo the Saturday before it was supposed to release, so anyone could download it before it was taken down. Neither of these are an example of someone intentionally taking sensitive information that's supposed to be private and posting it on the internet.

And hopefully it stays that way.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The old type of leaks are very unlikely to happen anymore, to be honest.

Outsiders have absolutely no idea what the team is planning for DLC, so there's no certainty in any leak, not even video leaks due to the Omni hoax. The ESRB obviously must have tightened their security after their infamous leak, and to our knowledge there's no one to repeat a Gematsu style leak. The only Smash related leaks in recent days have been from Nintendo themselves, ironically enough. That doesn't save them from other games getting leaks(Splatoon's unreleased weapons, Tower Control mode and new map were all leaked by some guy on Twitter, and there was that recent admittedly obscure Metroid fiasco from a Next Level Games insider, which was semi-verified due to some LinkedIn cross-referencing), but Smash-wise they are pretty damn safe, the only threat being themselves for ****ing up with things like the sound leaks and the early patch.

We can only pray that a sound leak with the name Snake comes up at some point.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Hey guys its been a while.

Recently I have put together a Punished Snake cosplay and promoted the #Snake4Smash4 hashtag during cons. Most recently during florida supercon.

I made a post about it on my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MistaKirks/status/619744445072707585

I'd like to try to keep promoting it. I know im putting this post in good hands by showing the biggest snake supporters out there.

The best is yet to come.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Recently I have put together a Punished Snake cosplay and promoted the #Snake4Smash4 hashtag during cons. Most recently during florida supercon.

I'd like to try to keep promoting it. I know im putting this post in good hands by showing the biggest snake supporters out there.

The best is yet to come.
Tweet kojima too, he likes cosplays and will probably retweet it.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

The best is yet to come.
That is an amazing cosplay. Good for you!

So did anyone here suck at MGS when they started playing it? I'm playing on Very Easy with the assistance of a guide. I just beat Psycho Mantis, which was the most fun I have ever had in a boos battle, and before the battle he read my data. He said that I was "ineffective in battle". Is this normal or am I a disgrace?

StormC

Smash Hero
So did anyone here suck at MGS when they started playing it? I'm playing on Very Easy with the assistance of a guide. I just beat Psycho Mantis, which was the most fun I have ever had in a boos battle, and before the battle he read my data. He said that I was "ineffective in battle". Is this normal or am I a disgrace?
Oh yeah. I was awful when I first played MGS. It can definitely have a steep learning curve if you aren't used to the genre. But as you continue to play the series you'll get the hang of the gameplay.

"Ineffective in battle" most likely means you don't do well in boss battles, but as a first timer you'll make a lot of that mistakes and that's fine, don't be discouraged. Just have fun!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

The best is yet to come.
Excellent work brother, above and beyond. I will gladly retweet that

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/11/gdc-2008-translation/

Here's an interesting article about character selection process in Smash. This article specifically covers Brawl's roster selection. They mentioned that "having characters with unique characteristics are the highest priority" and Snake was listed as one of those characters. Really makes you wonder why he was cut. There is also some more information about Snake's design process as well.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/11/gdc-2008-translation/

Here's an interesting article about character selection process in Smash. This article specifically covers Brawl's roster selection. They mentioned that "having characters with unique characteristics are the highest priority" and Snake was listed as one of those characters. Really makes you wonder why he was cut. There is also some more information about Snake's design process as well.
Sakurai said:
That's snake without firearms and machine guns. I made his firearms a bit comical, but it was a delicate balance.
This is interesting. Gotta keep this in mind when talking about the esrb and snake.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That article says Sonic was the only character added after development had already started. That means Snake was planned as the one and only 3rd party from the beginning.

Why the **** didn't he come back?

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
All of this positive information of Snake back from Brawl really makes me feel like the development team didn't want to remove Snake from Smash 4. He was so well developed in Brawl, and dare I say, his presence alone left a much larger impact than any of the other third party characters (in my opinion, feel free to disagree with me). Hopefully the development team wants to bring Snake back just as much as we do.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
It's interesting, as Sonic was actually planned at first, but Sega said no initially causing him to be cut, only to later say yes.
Was he though? Its been said before that snake was planned and asked for in melee but they couldnt manage to get him in on time for that one either.

----
Definitely good to see the philosophy sakurai went in with in snake is what weve championed for a while now. Especially the bit about making him fit the game while staying true to his character.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was listening to this when I heard Iwata passed away. Fitting.

Rest in peace.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was completely speechless when I heard the news...It was simply...heartbreaking to hear...
Rest in Peace, Mr. Satoru Iwata

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was listening to this when I heard Iwata passed away. Fitting.

Rest in peace.
Here's to you, Iwata. Very few men have walked this earth that was as pure of heart as you.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

I may not be able to draw, but I still want to help. Shall we create a group to accomplish this?

Rest In Peace Iwata. Your good will and kindness shall be missed.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
A sadder day there never was for any nintendo fan, truly a remarkable man the likes of which the gaming world will never have again.

----

Its not a drawing, but i did what i could for the time being

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I am shocked just shocked. I can't believe this.

We will miss you Iwata

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm crying. I've admired Iwata since he joined HAL. He cretated some masterpieces pf gaming (Baloon Fight, Kirby, EarthBound and Smash Bros, to name a few). He has been an ispiration for me. The way he worked all every time, no matter what, for satisfy his fans. He had a meeting with Nintendo investitors just a couple of weeks ago. He will forever be in my heart.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Its definitely awesome seeing the outpouring of love for iwata all over the internet. Iwata brought down the walls of console wars on the internet, and made everyone family for a short time, and its an awesome thing to see when nobody is bickering and even other rival companies can show respect.

-----

Snake would be proud

Top Bottom