• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
If Metal Gear were to get a enemy for Smash Run which I highly doubt, it will probably be a guard or a Metal Gear Gekko, when they spot the player , they will have ! on them and the music stop and is replaced with the alert music until the guard/Gekko or the player is KO (This is just like the creepy music when the Orne appear from nowhere which you can't killed it, it will start chasing you down until you are dead except it is the opposite of it.)
However, during the alert, enemies were called over.

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I do believe somebody is messing with that poll, because it has suddenly amassed 4.5 million votes equally spread across all characters.
Some one has bypassed it. When I first saw it, it had Banjo and Kazooie on top with 100,000 votes and below it was saying "2015" and "Still using Strawpoll". After that, the votes went haywired

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at an virtual console trailer for Konami Krazy Racers, and I was thinking that if that if that game was brought to the e-shop, what if Metal Gear Ghost Babel some day came to the virtual console?

I know it's a stretch, but it's not impossible. Look at MGS3D, that was only put on the e-shop around a year ago, and that game was out for years! Metal Gear didn't completely abandon Nintendo like many people think, and re-releasing the still Nintendo exclusive for the first time on the e-shop would expose the game to a younger generation of Metal Gear fans who were not around for it's initial release.

Ghost Babel is one of the Metal Gear games I have yet to play (and it looks so freaking cool!), and though I would prefer getting a cartridge of it, I would definitely support it if it came to the e-shop.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That Etika poll is everywhere and it is awful. I think the mods might need to shut down polls from Etika being posted here due to tampering.
So, aside from Snake, are there any really out of left field, no chance fighters you guys would like in?
Simon Belmont, Phoenix Wright, and the Monster Hunter guy for me.
Satisfied with that Mii Costume, really.
I don't really like to focus on "never gonna happen" characters. Still, I wish Simon Belmont, Crono, Geno, Terra (Final Fantasy VI), Rayman, Nightmare (Soul Calibur), and Knuckles could get in as 3rd party characters. Phoenix Wright, Tails, and Bomberman wouldn't be bad choices either.
Holy crap.
I got a gaming PC dropped in my lap for my birthday.
MGS5, here I come. Peace.
Just a warning: if you invade my FOB, I will find you, and I will extract every defense unit from your base. ;)

(Also, attack hacker's FOB's, and extract their S+ and S++ ranked units. My combat unit went from level 82 to 93 thanks to two successful attacks where I did that to the extreme!)

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
So i had a essay project in English class a couple weeks ago, our assignment was to rhetorically analyse a music video. at first i did it over a standard music video of my choice, but that proved a bit difficult to write deeply about. I then asked my teacher if i could write the paper over a trailer instead. I explained that visuals paralleled meaning of the song featured in it and my teacher allowed me to do this.

The song? Nuclear by Mike Oldfield. You know Which trailer I chose.

I was a bit worried since I didn't exactly specify to my teacher that it was a trailer from a video game since i thought she might shoot it down, but afterwards she said she really liked my paper and i got an 85. (probably got some points taken off since i was rushing to get it done at the end and i had to turn it in online by 12 at night. I finished at 11:50)
Reminds me of a time when we had to pick a song in class and give it in front of the class as a speech. We were just told to pick a song and not what it was for, though.

I picked GnRs November Rain - man, was that super awkward and...long lol

I think Simon Belmont has a really good chance at a third party rep. Was browsing the Wii U shop after downloading Fatal Frame last night - and was super suprised to see so many castlevania games, it's like a forth of the VC is just those games! This also made me think wtf.. of course Nintendo and Konami have a good enough relationship to allow snake in Smash (only other games are pretty much from Capcom or Namco).

My out of the field picks are:

Ditto replaces random as a character
Pipo Snake
Fallout Mii fighter set

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If there are 'out-there' options I support
1: Phoenix Wright - Loved him in UMVC3, and seeing him join Smash Bros would just send my hype levels over the moon.
2: Wonder-Red. He would have been amazing, but the sales and his trophy made him fall a long way down on my wishlist. He would still be awesome,
3: Henry Fleming. Similar situation - Codename S.T.E.A.M is a cool game, but the sales just really damage it's chances of potential representation outside of Assist Trophy or other trophies.

Also - how about Mother Base as a potential stage with the hazard being
Metal Gear Sahaelanthropus?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, aside from Snake, are there any really out of left field, no chance fighters you guys would like in?
Simon Belmont, Phoenix Wright, and the Monster Hunter guy for me.
Satisfied with that Mii Costume, really.
I've got a few - Bayonetta, Mike Jones from Star Tropics, Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, Wonder Red, and Isa Jo (or anyone, really) from Sin & Punishment.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, other than snake, I'd like scorpion from mortal kombat. Not only would we finally be able to do Ryu vs. Scorpion, we'd also be able to spam "get over here!" repeatedly. Would honestly be great.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here's a photo I took from The Phantom Pain I reallllllllly liked (note: it's from the PC version, max settings and the photo is in 1080p). I apparently took it on September 5th. It's from the beginning of my first playthru of the mission "Skullface."
upload_2015-10-24_15-24-19.png

God... imagine if Smash 4 got ported to the NX. Solid Snake could definitely look that good as a DLC character, which would be amazing to see (although the lighting wouldn't be that good).

If this supposedly advance chipset rumor is true (although to be fair, the X1 and PS4 have terribly weak GPU's [one of the weakest AMD 2GB GPU's even a generation of GPU's ago, and AMD is known for weak 2GB GPU's] and $30 CPU's), something close to this is graphically possible.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here is Sakurai's GDC 2008 Presentation slides that have something about Snake and the others and a video:

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
We could have a battle of these:
:snake:,:4ryu:,:4mario: vs. :4megaman:,:4sonic:,:4pacman:
Humans Weird Creatures

:snake: vs. :4ryu: vs. :4mario:
Third Party Video Game Humans Characters

I'am hoping that one day in the near future, I can see Snake return in glorious HD as DLC! So, that these battles can come true.
One day, just one day in the near future, it will become true. I'am so glad we still strengthen our support even though the Ballot ended a long time ago. So keep supporting till the day he had return. We will never give up!!!! NEVER!!!!!

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here some more Fan art,The first picture was Snake in Fire Emblem style (Pretty good, huh?) :

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
:4mario:v:4link:v:4pikachu:v:4pacman:v:4megaman:v:4sonic:v:4ryu:v:snake:

An 8-player Smash of gaming icons.
I think :4samus: would be a better fit then :4pikachu: in my opinion. Samus made a huge impact when it comes to how we see women in video games, being considered one of the greatest female characters in probably all of fiction (if not fiction, then definitely video games) and is in some of the best games ever made. Though Pokemon is the 2nd biggest video game franchise in whole world, so i can definitely see why you put Pikachu in.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Apparently the character boards are going to be closing. Someone needs to start up a social group or something so we can still talk.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I know it is a little bit too late to post these, I want you know that Konami was also sad about Iwata's death and they honored him by posting these tweets, here are the tweets:

Rip, Iwata you will be missed. =(
Anyway, here is a couple more fan art and a video that I got from outside Smashboards. Enjoy!:
They hope that he return as DLC.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Giving the invite out to everyone if you choose to accept it.

MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual. Make your thread here if you would like. Trying to keep the community together.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/
Yeah this would be a good group. Would be better to have one big social group for character support rather than an individual group for each character.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I know it is a little bit too late to post these, I want you know that Konami was also sad about Iwata's death and they honored him by posting these tweets, here are the tweets:

Rip, Iwata you will be missed. =(
I honestly didn't know how to feel when that news broke out. It hurts because it's not like Nintendo or Sakurai to mourn over Iwata's passing. They have to go back to work because if they don't, then we probably wouldn't have a Nintendo anymore. I'm glad that they are sticking to Iwata's plan itself and striving to complete it in all possible way.

I hope that Konami gives us some sort of justification or try to go back to their roots as many game companies are doing. Sega apologized to gaming fans and even admits that they were messing up. I want something like that from Konami because it would hurt to see a big company like them to suddenly disappear into obscurity or known as that company that messed up big time.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Random question.. :v

What's ya'll favorite Metal Gear quote?
Mine would be either "You're pretty good" or "Kept you waiting, huh?" . :p

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice

Mine would be:
"I wanted to ask you. Do you think love can bloom even on the battlefield?"
or
"Your body may be a machine.... but your heart is human"

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

Here's a selection of some of my favorite quotes:

"A Hind D? Colonel, what's a Russian gunship doing here?"
"That's the second time i've been able to sneak up on the legendary Solid Snake!"
"Super Baby Method?"
"This is Snake, i'm at the sneaking point. Kept you waiting, huh?"
"April 30th?"
"But that was some fancy shooting, you're pretty good"
"I'm loyal to the "end"... to my purpose."
"I'm in a box."
"War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines."
"I don't know much about what goes on up in the sky, but what I do know is that NORAD tracks Santa Claus on its radar."

And the greatest quote of all time:

"I feel asleep."

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
So, how long do we have until we will have to switch to a different thread since this and many other threads will be closing down?

Oh and before I forget again, I was wondering if I can be added to the Supporter list as well? I want to leave my dog tags here along with you guys as well :)
Before my first post, I have been in guest mode for awhile in this thread and I didn't really contribute much until I joined SmashBoards later on in August. You guys were the reason why I kept believe in Snake's return from my time as a guest to my joining of the boards. I thank you guys for always reigniting the hope and support I have for our commander. You guys are too cool!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So, how long do we have until we will have to switch to a different thread since this and many other threads will be closing down?

Oh and before I forget again, I was wondering if I can be added to the Supporter list as well? I want to leave my dog tags here along with you guys as well :)
Before my first post, I have been in guest mode for awhile in this thread and I didn't really contribute much until I joined SmashBoards later on in August. You guys were the reason why I kept believe in Snake's return from my time as a guest to my joining of the boards. I thank you guys for always reigniting the hope and support I have for our commander. You guys are too cool!
I believe it's another week before this area is closed down and archived so the Thread can have the OP copied into a new thread in the character support group.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just like how many of the K. Rool supporters want BKupa666 to run the revived K. Rool thread in the new Character discussion Social, would it be alright if I recommend Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones to take the lead as the Big Boss of the revived Snake thread?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHEN THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HARI KARI ROCK

I NEED SCISSORS

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHEN THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HARI KARI ROCK

I NEED SCISSORS

Ahhh those AIs...When I first heard that quote, it creep me out. Actually, the whole sequence with the AI really gave me goosebumps. Raiden had no clue what was going on around him.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm thinking of writing an epilogue for this thread and posting it right before the thread closes. Would be a great way to let people who are snooping around old Smash 4 threads to see how far we've come.

Top Bottom