• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What do you guys think about the shovel knight rumour?

I'd be pissed if he got in over snake, tbh.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Guys just trolling because he got depressed this week and wants to boost his mood. Even if he isn't trolling he's not very reliable.

He's already setup a back up by saying that Shovel Knight could happen in the next few months if he doesn't happen at PAX which gives him time to delete the evidence in case Shovel Knight doesn't happen.

You could say he's playing some of the fanbase like a damn fiddle.

Guys just trolling because he got depressed this week and wants to boost his mood. Even if he isn't trolling he's not very reliable.

He's already setup a back up by saying that Shovel Knight could happen in the next few months if he doesn't happen at PAX which gives him time to delete the evidence in case Shovel Knight doesn't happen.

You could say he's playing some of the fanbase like a damn fiddle.
In other words,just ignore him.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Honestly, I'm not sure. There's nothing saying they both can't get in and it wouldn't be like he was chosen over Snake. My opinion on Shovel Knight is positive, since the game looks great, and I like Shovel Knight as a character. Does he have what it takes to be in Smash Bros? Almost. He may not be as popular, but I'd say he's on the rise to become a popular character among gamers. If he doesn't get in now, then I could see a chance of him being considered for the next game.

Now if he was in but not Snake? I'm not sure. I would miss Snake not having his chance, yet I would love Shovel Knight if he got in. So to be perfectly honest, I'd be neutral about it.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
We all know that, if that rumor is true, Shovel Knight is going to be a Mii costume...

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Like we said. Pay him no heed. Said the same about K Rool as well.
Absolutely love your sig/profile pic.

Shovel Knight is super hype, but this guy is obviously just trying to get people riled up. Claiming absolutes like this probably gives his ego a massive boost. He must not have much control over his own life, to be desperately seeking a feeling like this.

Or he's just dumb.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'll be pissed off (somewhat annoyed) if we get a third party like Shovel Knight but not Snake, I'm already a little irritated that we got Ryu out of the blue but not a word on Snake who was a landmark character and who remains a very popular choice by fans. My only hope is that they are actively negotiating for/developing him otherwise it's inexcusable. Not that I dislike these characters but I hate the elephant in the room being ignored. Your man sounds to be full of it but it does worry me that we'll never get proper closure on Snake and I'll have to spend the next few years hearing people's unconfirmed speculations being passed around as the God given truth as to why he didn't return.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We're not the only ones dealing with this rumor.
Apparently the guy said Shrek is more likely than K Rool.
Wow, just wow.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Eh, I could care less if that turns out to be true.

But Snake is one of the real gaming icons that should have a higher priority.
The author of Shovels leak says that Snake has zero chance for join Smash
https://twitter.com/doctor_cupcakes/status/636318518737272832
Don't take everything this guy says too seriously. He's only doing all this **** just to get attention.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
We're not the only ones dealing with this rumor.
Apparently the guy said Shrek is more likely than K Rool.
Wow, just wow.
Clearly we need to ally with the Kutthroats. :troll: I've even seen a couple of them mentioning that Snake is a worthier character than SK, or that him having 0 chance is unlikely. Politics makes strange bedfellows, mm?

The K Rool thread got a little nasty with that rumor. But it's understandable - the bigger the star, the bigger the target. Plus K Rool fans have been at it since Brawl, so I get that yet another failure would be disappointing.

I feel bad for SK fans, though. They're getting hate because of a leak they had no control over; it's not like they're obnoxious and everywhere.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Clearly we need to ally with the Kutthroats. :troll: I've even seen a couple of them mentioning that Snake is a worthier character than SK, or that him having 0 chance is unlikely. Politics makes strange bedfellows, mm?

The K Rool thread got a little nasty with that rumor. But it's understandable - the bigger the star, the bigger the target. Plus K Rool fans have been at it since Brawl, so I get that yet another failure would be disappointing.

I feel bad for SK fans, though. They're getting hate because of a leak they had no control over; it's not like they're obnoxious and everywhere.
It's always been that way. It's the main reason why I hate the Smash fanbase, people take this way too damn seriously, not to mention it's also getting out of control.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
It's always been that way. It's the main reason why I hate the Smash fanbase, people take this way too damn seriously, not to mention it's also getting out of control.
I feel like people forget that this is a video game that we play for fun. All this should be fun, but with fans fun often turns to bitterness. I mean, am I upset Snake and the Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4? Yeah, I am, but the game is still a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to DLC or Smash5/6 to rectify that. I love speculation for anything, but inevitably people start taking it personally. I've gotten a bit too salty this time around over some characters, but I separated myself from the source of the problem and it bothers me less.

At the end of the day, if DLC in Smash is the worst problem in our lives, we should feel blessed.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I feel like people forget that this is a video game that we play for fun. All this should be fun, but with fans fun often turns to bitterness. I mean, am I upset Snake and the Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4? Yeah, I am, but the game is still a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to DLC or Smash5/6 to rectify that. I love speculation for anything, but inevitably people start taking it personally. I've gotten a bit too salty this time around over some characters, but I separated myself from the source of the problem and it bothers me less.

At the end of the day, if DLC in Smash is the worst problem in our lives, we should feel blessed.
Exactly. Why can't they understand that?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I always take every leak i hear with a grain of salt. Definatly with Smash Brothers, last leak i truely believe/hyped about was the Gematsu leak!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Well said on that bold part. No one should take they're anger out on them if this is true. Though if it is, then I don't think shovel knight fans should really care since their character got in.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Purge those who do not vote for Snake, they must be destroyed in order to purge sin from this world and create a virtuous land for the devout and righteous Sons of the Son of Big Boss.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I always take every leak i hear with a grain of salt. Definatly with Smash Brothers, last leak i truely believe/hyped about was the Gematsu leak!
I don't take every leak that comes around seriously unless it was officially confirmed.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i'm pretty bandanna heavy as well. Ike, Ryu, and Snake are my favorite characters in smash.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I just read a post saying that Snake is too dark, serious, and "gore" for Smash, with no humor.

...Can someone more versed in MGS please explain why this is entirely wrong?

I've played half a MGS game and I can tell you it's not an angry face marathon. There's plenty of humorous and light-hearted moments.

From MGS3 alone:
"But how does it taste?"
The running joke that entering the cardboard box will bring you inner peace and true happiness.
The cardboard box itself, it's a grown man fooling other grown men by shuffling around in a box... and it works.
Revolver Ocelot summons his minions by meowing. Not even in a dramatic, scary way. It's anticlimactic and ridiculous.
Para Medic has a bizarre fascination with B-movies, and often takes the time to lecture about them to (Naked) Snake. It gets great when he suddenly stops her and requests she not talk about vampire movies because he always ends up dreaming about vampires when people mention them.
Call Sigint when you're shirtless. He will be appropriately confused. At the end, Snake will ask if he can take off his pants, too.
There's a tuxedo "camo." Yeah, just run around the Soviet jungle in formal wear, I'm sure nobody will mind. Call The Boss while wearing a tuxedo and Snake will keep asking her if it looks good on him while she berates him for his poor life choices. She gives up and he quietly mutters, "I thought you'd like it..." Boss-senpai, notice me~
Scattered throughout the Soviet jungle are Yoshis (Kerotans originally). When you shoot them, they make the squeaking Yoshi sound.
You can throw animals at guards and watch them freak out.
When calling Para Medic and she gives you info about Russian glowcap mushrooms, Snake asks if they'll recharge his batteries. Para Medic basically goes

It gets even better when he actually eats the mushroom and calls her, excitedly claiming it "recharged his batteries." A bewildered Para Medic consults with Sigint, unaware that Snake can overhear their conversation. Sigint pins it on "how gullible he is" and Para Medic agrees to go with it.
If you kill Revolver Ocelot, you get a Game Over because you'll create a time paradox! If you wait long enough, the text "Ocelot is dead" turns to "Time Paradox."

The only way someone can claim this series has no sense of humor is being completely ignorant about it. I'm sorry, but there's no other way around it. You'd think the Brawl codecs would have shown them otherwise.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
People go through whatever hoops they can muster to discredit snake returning to smash. They've all been easily debunked though here in the thread. Your post alone from not even having played all of MGS sums it up already.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Anyway can't wait till the weekend so I can resume my progress on peace walker. So far loving it.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Even if Shovel Knight does end up getting revealed (honestly, most supporters of indie characters are banking toward a PAX reveal due to the Nindie stuff, it would be a safe prediction if it happens), I wouldn't worry about Snake's chances. The guy is obviously trolling while people are listening to him, just like the guy who leaked the 3DS roster and said Snake and others would be dlc.

This is the best post I have read on Smashboards in a long time :bluejump:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

A good way to throw your credibility out the window indeed, the bias is strong with that guy.

----
I dont mind the thought of shovel knight joining, i wouldnt hold it against any of his fans or anything. I definitely dont think we should assume he aced snake out though, its far too early to think that if this rumor was real.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
It seems some people have closed their minds to the possibility of Snake returning. It's so sad when people mention with almost malicious glee how happy they are that Snake was cut. You don't see that going around with Wolf.

In any case, I'm glad Snake was in Smash. Thanks to that, I got interested in this series, which I might not have done otherwise. I'm just sorry a lot people are missing out on a humorous, insightful, and unique series because of their preconceived judgments of what MG is actually about. I wonder how many people mistakenly think it's some COD-like game where carnage is encouraged? If only they knew you were rewarded for not killing anybody. We can't even say that about Mario, that cold-blooded murderer.

@ Tikivoy Tikivoy Thank you, you're making me blush~

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Para Medic has a bizarre fascination with B-movies, and often takes the time to lecture about them to (Naked) Snake. It gets great when he suddenly stops her and requests she not talk about vampire movies because he always ends up dreaming about vampires when people mention them.
How did you forget to add Zero being a massive James Bond fanboy?
There's a Math joke here somewhere

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Anyway can't wait till the weekend so I can resume my progress on peace walker. So far loving it.
Oooh, that's my favorite one. Grab some friends after the main story and enjoy the huge amount of extra content the game offers (Including hunting monsters from Monster Hunter).

Great posts in this thread yesterday. Shame I missed them. =~=

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I don't know snakes chances so i'm just going to say zero. lol
That's what I got from that tweet.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Oh, it's that guy from Unseen64. He was also the one saying that the NX will not be even remotely as powerful as a PS4, when some weeks later Square Enix said they are considering to port Dragon Quest XI and Final Fantasy XIV (which are, indeed, PS4 games).

Reading his leaks is like reading Patcher's analysis.

About Snake being serious, dark etc...wat!? Have this guy even tried to watch some MG source material?
He is calling "serious" a character that, after leaving all his weapon to Raiden, said to him "Don't worry, infinite anmo" while pointing to his bandana, breaking the 4th wall! And also the one who can wear without problems a crocodile and a chicken hat, while beliving in Santa Claus (yeah, that was BB, but still Snake in Smash is a mixture of both)! He is actually a lot less serious that Samus and the whole Fire Emblem roster! He even hates to kill other people (his reaction to the MGS4 trophy "You'really enjoying all the kills, that's it" proves it), while Marth, Ike, Robin , Samus etc have never regret a single kill the have done for their purposes.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh, it's that guy from Unseen64. He was also the one saying that the NX will not be even remotely as powerful as a PS4, when some weeks later Square Enix said they are considering to port Dragon Quest XI and Final Fantasy XIV (which are, indeed, PS4 games).

Reading his leaks is like reading Patcher's analysis.

About Snake being serious, dark etc...wat!? Have this guy even tried to watch some MG source material?
He is calling "serious" a character that, after leaving all his weapon to Raiden, said to him "Don't worry, infinite anmo" while pointing to his bandana, breaking the 4th wall! And also the one who can wear without problems a crocodile and a chicken hat, while beliving in Santa Claus (yeah, that was BB, but still Snake in Smash is a mixture of both)! He is actually a lot less serious that Samus and the whole Fire Emblem roster! He even hates to kill other people (his reaction to the MGS4 trophy "You'really enjoying all the kills, that's it" proves it), while Marth, Ike, Robin , Samus etc have never regret a single kill the have done for their porpoises.
It's people just looking at the fact that MGS typically has a mature rating and not actually looking into the games to realise it's full of really quirky humour. The Smash fanbase can be really ignorant at times.

I think you mean "purposes" at the end as well.
I doubt Marth, Ike, Robin and Samus have these adorable things:

Though Ike could have a Porpoise friend.
:happysheep:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
He is calling "serious" a character that, after leaving all his weapon to Raiden, said to him "Don't worry, infinite anmo" while pointing to his bandana, breaking the 4th wall! And also the one who can wear without problems a crocodile and a chicken hat, while beliving in Santa Claus (yeah, that was BB, but still Snake in Smash is a mixture of both)! He is actually a lot less serious that Samus and the whole Fire Emblem roster! He even hates to kill other people (his reaction to the MGS4 trophy "You'really enjoying all the kills, that's it" proves it), while Marth, Ike, Robin , Samus etc have never regret a single kill the have done for their porpoises.
To be fair, the Fire Emblem characters get really heat up about having to kill people. Chrom just wants to end the war his nation's caught up in because he abhors violence for its own sake, Robin just does what s/he has to do to get to that resolution as quickly and humanely as possible - there's even a scene in Sword of Seals where Roy tells the remains of his enemy's troops to retreat from battle, because there is no need to cause any more bloodshed and he knows the man have families to return to.

Samus is a sentient weapon who routinely hunts extraterrestrial murderers for the good of the universe, but even she has her moments of empathy. She's very fond animals if you recall Super Metroid and respects Adam Malkovich as her friend and mentor.

Snake is just wonderfully written, still. I love the fact that this cold-eyed, beardy-chinned super-soldier is, at his core, an absolute pacifist who detest violence and maintains that peace is indeed possible.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Oooh, that's my favorite one. Grab some friends after the main story and enjoy the huge amount of extra content the game offers (Including hunting monsters from Monster Hunter).

Great posts in this thread yesterday. Shame I missed them. =~=
I'm trying to get my brother to help me out on some missions. He did help me on one but doesn't want to play Peace walker anymore.

Top Bottom