• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Personally Think Wolf and Snake will round off the DLC for the year.

Spring - Mewtwo
Summer - Lucas

Fall - Snake
Winter - Wolf

Final 2015 DLC - Ballot Character

This would also coincide with Snake's and Wolf's game releases.

I am optimistic about Snake getting back in with the inclusion of DLC.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Spring - Mewtwo
Summer - Lucas

Fall - Snake
Winter - Wolf

I always thought that 8 DLC characters would be the right amount, 4 being veterans and the other 4 being newcomers. With Mewtwo and Lucas back, Snake and Wolf would be perfect as the other 2 veterans to include since they seem to have the most support out of any veteran at the moment.

With that statement, I would like to show my support for Snake. I was quite sad to see him not make a return, yet was able to understand certian reasons why he was cut. Thanks to this ballot however, it gives Snake fans hope to see him back in the game. Let's just see if anytime time this year we get an announcement of his return (or next year).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Spring - Mewtwo
Summer - Lucas

Fall - Snake
Winter - Wolf

I'm thinking that we'll get veteran+newcomer at least once. Wolf is practically a given. Unless, of course, there would be two veterans at once, which I welcome. E3 could be Wolf+Snake or Wolf+newcomer.

D

Deleted member

It's not to hard to guess that :wolf: is coming after Lucas. The ol' leaker said Lucas will be dlc, and look at that. Even though he merely mentioned those from brawl that didnt make it to 4, it's not too far off.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Snake is almost a given frankly. We have so much support with Konami, Kojima, Sakurai, and all the support from us. I'd be surprised if Snake wasn't DLC!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake is almost a given frankly. We have so much support with Konami, Kojima, Sakurai, and all the support from us. I'd be surprised if Snake wasn't DLC!
How do we have support with Sakurai?

Unless I missed something.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Lets not get ahead of ourselves brother, weve been let down before and it can happen again. Optimism is good, but overconfidence doesnt usually breed good results. We have just as good of a chance as any character, but expectations must be kept in check. I learned enough after last years e3 when we didnt see snake and when we got word of the full roster, that was a dark day for sure.

The hardest part is just not knowing why snake wasnt brought back, will we ever get an answer? And if we do will it make us more angry then anything? Theres still plenty of unknowns in this whole thing, so its really hard to gauge where we really stand with sakurai and nintendo on snakes fate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love to hear something from Nintendo on the matter aswell. Even if he gets the boot, it would just plain out be nice to know we tried!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Sakurai won't tell us why he was cut.

Because as a rule, he doesn't mention character they are secretly working on as dlc :denzel:
Yeah, which is why I hope he never says why.(Unless all DLC is finished and snake doesn't come back.)

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Look at all this support. He needs to return if he dosent than that means that nintendo and sakurai both ignore fan requests. Snake is honestly one of the most popular of the bunch.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I simply approve of this 152+ page thread. :snake: and :wolf: and i will be a happy peep!

Edit : I have seen this idea before. What if all of the sudden, a update brings Snake in secretly with no notices, and you somehow meet the criteria to fight him. ALL OF THE SUDDEN, BATTLE AT SHADOW MOSES ISLAND!!!
I would absoultely love that. Also, your signature truly creeps me out.

D

Deleted member

Exactly what it's meant to do ^.^ And thanx. I do really hope the Brawl peeps make it, since there's only a few of them..

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Lets not get ahead of ourselves brother, weve been let down before and it can happen again. Optimism is good, but overconfidence doesnt usually breed good results. We have just as good of a chance as any character, but expectations must be kept in check. I learned enough after last years e3 when we didnt see snake and when we got word of the full roster, that was a dark day for sure.

The hardest part is just not knowing why snake wasnt brought back, will we ever get an answer? And if we do will it make us more angry then anything? Theres still plenty of unknowns in this whole thing, so its really hard to gauge where we really stand with sakurai and nintendo on snakes fate.
I guess your right. I remember E3 2014. Literally everyone, including most of our longtime supporters gave up hope. I one of the very few people who didn't give up. I honestly believe our chances have never been better and it's very likely that Snake will be DLC, but I did get a little ahead of myself. I just want to keep morale high. Also, were are those sig banner for supporting Snake you made?

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I guess I phrased that wrong. Sakurai wanted Snake in Brawl and has given every character a chance to become playable. Snake just has a higher chance that most because of his veteran status and the fact that his 3rd party company openly support his inclusion. I feel that Sakurai would be more willing to include him. My only insecurity as of right now is why Sakurai cut Snake in the first place. Konami & Kojima has publicly displayed support for Snake and Saukrai has already included him before, so I can only infer low priority and time constraints.

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Everyday I check here and it just brings my hopes even higher! All of these supporters for a character is amazing! Snake really deserves his spot back but if he doesn't which I think is unlikely, I'll be proud all if us tried so hard!

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
If there really is a third party DLC character, then it should be Snake for sure. I'm supporting him. Put me on that supporters list.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
It's officially been a year since I joined this group of Snake fans in our quest to get him back. Hard to believe it's been a year since the Smash Direct too...

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
He was surely cut due to low priority imo. Pre 4, I predicted that if characters were cut it'd be Pokemon Trainer (only Charizard made it), Wolf, Lucas, and Snake. Snake was finally deconfirmed at last E3 with that Pacman trailer. Was a bit sad but I think he has pretty good chances for getting DLC. I think Roy, ICies and Wolf are more likely, but we'll see.

Imagine that Snake's comeback could let you play a full battle with only guest stars in this Nintendo Brawler.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
It's officially been a year since I joined this group of Snake fans in our quest to get him back. Hard to believe it's been a year since the Smash Direct too...
Holy crap really? My first post was year ago on page 6. Hard to believe we came so far. We actually had the most pages out of all veterans fighter before release, behind only Mewtwo. Happy anniversary!

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
This is something I just thought of thats mostly MGS related. If Snake were to come back, how would you guys feel if there were MGS themed mii fighter outfits released alongside Snake?

I thought of Snake for brawler, Raiden for sword fighter, and Ocelot as gunner. What do you guys think of this?

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
This is something I just thought of thats mostly MGS related. If Snake were to come back, how would you guys feel if there were MGS themed mii fighter outfits released alongside Snake?

I thought of Snake for brawler, Raiden for sword fighter, and Ocelot as gunner. What do you guys think of this?
That would be awesome.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

Raiden? That lame Gray Fox wannabe? :troll: I'm more of a Gray Fox fan than Raiden so maybe have Gray Fox instead? Though we can have both like X and Proto Man.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

That would be great. I'd also love some new assist trophies, music, and stages. Metal Gear was the only universe that was entirely removed from the Smash Bros. series, so I Snake was confirmed than it's likely that some other MG content would be produced as well.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I would buy those costumes so quickly that the money will burn!! My, I want an Ocelot costume now! And if they made and amiibo, we could also see a Snake outfit for Mario Kart 8!
He must comeback. His return would add so many great things for being ignored.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
That would be great. I'd also love some new assist trophies, music, and stages. Metal Gear was the only universe that was entirely removed from the Smash Bros. series, so I Snake was confirmed than it's likely that some other MG content would be produced as well.
Ice Climber also was entirely removed from Smash. But at least there is a Ice Climbers trophy in the game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This seems to be a good sign:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/320uw3/research_final_destination_a_compilation_of_all/
http://imgur.com/a/ldsiu

While it has some errors (Snake isn't listed as a veteran on the Veterans graph; if someone here has a Reddit account, could they point that out? I don't have one), it seems to indicate that Snake is one of the most popular choices overall, as well as the most popular veteran, at least based on the multiple sources that were referenced for this. (Snake's not listed on the Veterans chart, but he's above Wolf, the second highest veteran, in the overall rankings)

Admittedly, it looks like the sources were all from Reddit, which could skew things slightly (for example, Reddit seems to be really pushing for Shovel Knight for the most part, whereas other sites don't care about him as much), but at least it shows that (despite claims to the contrary) a lot of people do want Snake back.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This seems to be a good sign:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/320uw3/research_final_destination_a_compilation_of_all/
http://imgur.com/a/ldsiu

While it has some errors (Snake isn't listed as a veteran on the Veterans graph; if someone here has a Reddit account, could they point that out? I don't have one), it seems to indicate that Snake is one of the most popular choices overall, as well as the most popular veteran, at least based on the multiple sources that were referenced for this. (Snake's not listed on the Veterans chart, but he's above Wolf, the second highest veteran, in the overall rankings)

Admittedly, it looks like the sources were all from Reddit, which could skew things slightly (for example, Reddit seems to be really pushing for Shovel Knight for the most part, whereas other sites don't care about him as much), but at least it shows that (despite claims to the contrary) a lot of people do want Snake back.
There's also the metal gear reddit and metal gear forums where people are also voting for snake. Don't how many, but there are a lot of metal gear fans, so that does provide with back up.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Think this year's E3 it would only make sense to get the "Kept you waiting" Trailer.

I honestly think that a version of Snake has been planned since the beginning, but was not put as top priority because they wanted it to release closer to MGS5. Regardless - If this wasn't the case, I'm sure it was discussed after Kojima made the comment.

The ballot just shows way more support, which is pretty SOLID.

---------------------------------------------------

Reason for most of my DLC being Vets:

They already have the base implemented. Even looking at Mewtwo, you can see that he has pretty much the same moves from Melee and not a drastic overhaul. Same concept applies to Lucas, but he has been MIA for less of a period of time. This makes me think that it is simply easier to reimplement a veteran vs creating an entirely new one from scratch.

This Bodes Poorly for Young Link and Roy as they already have "clone" characters that took their place and
only leaves Pichu as a Separate Character Clone Vet. However, I could see (and would love) Young Link and Roy becoming Palette Swap characters (maybe even Pichu) akin to the Koopalings or Alph.

Wolf, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur all have their unique movesets and already have their base.

Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers won't really stand a chance unless they are altered drastically, which puts them on par with a newcomer in terms of amount of time and effort.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I was listening to the IGN nintendo podcast, and one of them had mentioned that he thought snake and ridley were likely options due to support hed seen. Which even if hes off, it pleases me to see that at least someone is taking notice of snake fans regardless.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Inb4 PSASBR fans complain.

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
SNAKE FANS WE HAVE THIS INTERESTING Um... Leak?

http://m.imgur.com/3ifWOCo

Apparently people say this is nintendos results thus far for the ballot. Looks legit. Read the fine print, mainly the last sentence. Makes me very very optimistic and happy. Just keep support going guys. This can be a real good thing here.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Inb4 PSASBR fans complain.
They already didn't get Snake, that's one reason for them to complain. :estatic:

Anyways, i'm glad people liked the idea!

Edit: One funny thought that came up was the ocelot outfit for gunner. All the recoverys for gunner invlove using the gun to shoot themselves up; So I have this funny thought of an ocelot mii using his gun to shoot himself up like a rocket. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom