• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Paying my respects today. Grateful for everything he's done for Gaming.

His words of wisdom are those to live by every single day. Whilst most CEOs fire large amounts of staff when company profits are low, he purposely took a pay cut in order to avoid laying off large amounts of workers. He was a beautiful soul.

1594495500735.png

1594495341006.png

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh no, that sucks. I really liked AA5 and 6, even if 5 suffered from a bit too much handholding. And AA6 gave us Simon Blackquill, one of my favorites.

Thanks guys, I hope I didn't miss anyone.
Damn that is a little disappointing, I liked the story in pretty much all the games, even if Apollo justice, investigations 1 and the great ace attorney were ok.

I hope we are still getting AA7 with some good writing and story.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh no, that sucks. I really liked AA5 and 6, even if 5 suffered from a bit too much handholding. And AA6 gave us Simon Blackquill, one of my favorites.

Shu Takumi’s still with Capcom so it can still continue with him

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Paying my respects today. Grateful for everything he's done for Gaming.

Five years it's been since we lost that visionary of a man. You know, him passing away was one of the few time where I felt legit sad about someone known. I remember I woke up in Greece and saw the news, I was in a bit of a quiet mood that day.

Christopher Lee, Robin Williams and a politician were the only other times that happened where I felt pretty sad.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo when they find out about this.

"The Lawyers!"
Smash fans when they find out about this: Guys, they're totally putting Big Boss in so they C&D'd the mod so you wouldn't play a fan version!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
hey Wario Bros. Wario Bros. do you know where there's tutorials for installing it, including on pc (dolphin im assuming)?
I've done Dolphin and not too hard. Install the special Dolphin emulator and direct it to your Brawl ISO.
Blood Falcon and Black Shadow? How do they play? I can't really imagine Blood Falcon playing different from Captain, to be honest. Black Shadow I can see playing like Brawl Ganondorf though.
Thanks a lot.
Haven't really played him but what I've seen he has enough differences (like Raptor Boost launches at an angle and Falcon Dive launches opponent downward).

And yes, it's pretty clear Black Shadow used Ganondorf as a base.

D

Deleted member

Shu Takumi’s still with Capcom so it can still continue with him
He has expressed disinterest in continuing main games though and stepped down after Apollo, only coming back for Layton vs AA and both Great Ace Attorneys. None of those are main games and in the latter case having a completely new cast as well. I just can't see him changing his mind and doing a proper AA7.

I'd love to be wrong though, I loved the original trilogy. Apollo was meh though, but I guess that was to be expected given the circumstances.

D

Deleted member

Haven't really played him but what I've seen he has enough differences (like Raptor Boost launches at an angle and Falcon Dive launches opponent downward).

And yes, it's pretty clear Black Shadow used Ganondorf as a base.
So Blood Falcon is pretty much the Doc to Captain Falcon's Mario. That makes sense actually. Falcon Dive launching downwards sounds interesting as well

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
It's definitely a bit weird, yeah, but at least it still resembles him more than Fake Leak Isaac.

oh my god i remember this

even back then i doubted this leak solely because of how isaac looked

the double whammy of brown hair and looking way too 2D kinda made it hard to believe

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I install Project M EX Remix last night and then I get the news a new version just came out with more characters (Dr. Luigi, Dry Bowser, and Sub-Zero).

Of course...

D

Deleted member

I might actually give that PM EX Remix a try in the future. I won't be home for a while though so it'll have to wait. I hope I'll remember though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

"The evil is defeated"

Sorry if you guys like the 3DS Ace Attorney games but frankly I really hated the way he handled things and how he tried to juggle too many concepts and characters.

The series was definitely better in Takumi's hands, the spark that the series had under him just disappeared with Yamazaki's titles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"The evil is defeated"

Sorry if you guys like the 3DS Ace Attorney games but frankly I really hated the way he handled things and how he tried to juggle too many concepts and characters.

The series was definitely better in Takumi's hands, the spark that the series had under him just disappeared with Yamazaki's titles.
I think Spirit of Justice is probably one of the top entries though. Dual destinies wasn’t bad but that games existence is what really makes the spirit of justice entry so much better. It took the stories they had t done much with and made a better building block out of them. All with a really fun new setting and pretty solid final case imo.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think Spirit of Justice is probably one of the top entries though. Dual destinies wasn’t bad but that games existence is what really makes the spirit of justice entry so much better. It took the stories they had t done much with and made a better building block out of them. All with a really fun new setting and pretty solid final case imo.
The overall opinion of that game seems to be more in the middle.

Personally it's my least favorite, it feels like the culmination of how he wrote stories, with just how many returning characters there were and how they tried sharing the spotlight with the new guys

And Apollo's third backstory feels kinda forced imo.

My favorite game from him was Investigations, I think it did a way better job at balancing new interesting elements with the old iconic ones.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The overall opinion of that game seems to be more in the middle.

Personally it's my least favorite, it feels like the culmination of how he wrote stories, with just how many returning characters there were and how they tried sharing the spotlight with the new guys

And Apollo's third backstory feels kinda forced imo.

My favorite game from him was Investigations, I think it did a way better job at balancing new interesting elements with the old iconic ones.
Investigations Two is definitely my second favorite entry of the series. That game was fantastic. I like the first one but two definitely did a lot more with the concepts it presented.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It kinda feels like the only character Yamazaki truly "gets" is Edgeworth, all the games he contributed to had Edgeworth be consistent with his Takumi characterization so that's pretty good.

Dutch Raikuna

Any Europeans, want to feel old?

It's been 10 years since the World Cup in South Africa. And I'm listen to that Waving Flag song for the first time in years.

I know it's a Smash Bros forum but it is to weird of me to say I'm a little surprised that there isn't more talk of sports? Like football/soccer and all?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

It's been 10 years since the World Cup in South Africa. And I'm listen to that Waving Flag song for the first time in years.

I know it's a Smash Bros forum but it is to weird of me to say I'm a little surprised that there isn't more talk of sports? Like football/soccer and all?
Gamers? Playing real sports? Imposible.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

You can't talk about that World Cup without mentioning the Vuvuzela.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m gonna have to rip my copy of Brawl and try out that mod when I get back home; I did rip Brawl before for PC play and Legacy XP, but my PC had to get fixed and my USB couldn’t hold individual files that were over 4 GB, so I couldn’t backup the copy ._.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only good thing were all the vuvuzela jokes it spawned back in the day.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Man....a whole year trying to find a job and I've still got nothing....and college student loan debt is starting to come'a knockin'....

This sucks......

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Also anyone else for my AMA questions?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

A few more questions and then I'll be done in the morning my time. It's the AMA DLC expansion. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku it'd be appropriate to call it that right?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Forget fake leak isaac, remember fake leak lloyd?
View attachment 278102
*Shiver*
oh my god is that a sleep paralysis demon

anyway my favorite part of that leak was when another fake render like that showed up (not sure if it was part of the leak) and it was some random dude who i was wondering about for days

and then it turned out it was apparently friggin' ryota from wave race of all people.

....i kinda miss base game spec sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom