• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scooby Doo out here fighting scarecrow and have Bill Nye as their man in the chair.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey guys I'm back from my hiatus I guess.

This past week has been really hard on me, especially in regards to ZeRo. At least in Nairo's case the accusations came out with evidence, Nairo apologized (basically admitting it), and that was it. It was shocking but it was over fast. There was not much in the way of drama, which made it easier for me to come to terms with it and accept what happened.

In the case of ZeRo, it lasted multiple days with more then one victim coming out and ZeRo making multiple statements trying to backpedal, distorting the truth or straight up denying it. I think it's over though. I tried to read all the first hand accounts but it got to painful for me. I couldn't bring myself to read ZeRo's backstory either - even if he's a predator who should never be welcomed back into our community, my heart still can't take reading about painful upbringings. I guess I'm just too soft.

Then there's M2K's allegations. Thankfully he's innocent, but as someone else on the spectrum that really hit home for me. I also have horrible social anxiety and I'm always worried that people will think I'm creepy or a predator myself because of my sometime unusual behavior, so seeing that way some people talked about M2K almost felt like it was validated those personal fears. I suppose that's part of why I'm always so hesitant to jump on "cancel" trains before evidence or at least convincing first hand accounts appear. Thankfully I'll never be popular or famous enough to where being falsely "canceled" is something I should ever fear myself but my brain is still always horrified at the possibility of being wronged for a crime I didn't commit.

All of this has been distracting me from my personal life and work, which is why I felt the need to disappear for a little bit and limit my usage of social media. I want to stay informed and know what's going on in a community I hope to become more involved in once the pandemic ends, but it's not worth hurting my own well being for. I'll probably be more active for the next two days since they'll be my days off, but we'll see how I'm feeling when my next work week starts.

Sorry for the terribly long post. This has just been a really stressful time for me.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I suppose that's part of why I'm always so hesitant to jump on "cancel" trains before evidence or at least convincing first hand accounts appear.
This is not an unreasonable stance to take. I've seen a lot of people on Twitter and Reddit say "Innocent until proven guilty doesn't work" in response to some of the stuff that's been happening, because realistically you can't always have evidence or proof of a crime or scandal. However, the M2K situation is a perfect example of why we need to think that way. Anyone can come up with a baseless accusation that seems plausible and sympathetic, and if that's all it takes to condemn someone as guilty, then innocent people would be getting accused of false things all the time as an easy means to ruin them.

ZeRo's primary accuser actually just recklessly included ZeRo's girlfriend into her most recent accusation, claiming that she was underage and abused by ZeRo, and causing people to send her threats and try to find her birth certificate. She had to come forward and deny pretty much everything that was said, all because this person, who was a victim herself, was so invested in trying to bring down ZeRo that she neglected to contact the person she claimed was also a victim, and made things even worse. She apologized, but the damage has already been done, and it was entirely unnecessary.

When someone is falsely accused, they become the victim, not the accuser. They're the ones who are now having their lives seriously harmed by someone abusive who is using them to either gain something or destroy them.

Just look at what happened to ProJared. Guy did some stuff that I don't agree with, but the actually bad stuff he was accused of turned out to be lies that his ex-wife maliciously used to try and ruin his reputation and career. And everyone believed it without blinking, cheering as his YouTube channel began to tumble. Then he comes out with a thorough video explaining how all of it was false, but at that point had been through months of agony as he had to grapple with his entire career and reputation being burned by words with no one giving him the benefit of the doubt. Thankfully, it seems he's managed to reclaim his reputation and keep making videos.

This kind of stuff is rarely ever clear-cut. Emotions run high and even people with good intentions can end up falsifying information. The best thing anyone can do is just do your best to always be kind and considerate of others and their feelings, and if you recognize you did something wrong (which we all do), apologize as soon as you can. Easier said than done, but with some practice and self-awareness, it makes a big difference.

Sorry this has been so stressful for you. I hope you are able to take the couple days of reprieve to relax and take your mind off of things.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This is not an unreasonable stance to take. I've seen a lot of people on Twitter and Reddit say "Innocent until proven guilty doesn't work" in response to some of the stuff that's been happening, because realistically you can't always have evidence or proof of a crime or scandal. However, the M2K situation is a perfect example of why we need to think that way. Anyone can come up with a baseless accusation that seems plausible and sympathetic, and if that's all it takes to condemn someone as guilty, then innocent people would be getting accused of false things all the time as an easy means to ruin them.

ZeRo's primary accuser actually just recklessly included ZeRo's girlfriend into her most recent accusation, claiming that she was underage and abused by ZeRo, and causing people to send her threats and try to find her birth certificate. She had to come forward and deny pretty much everything that was said, all because this person, who was a victim herself, was so invested in trying to bring down ZeRo that she neglected to contact the person she claimed was also a victim, and made things even worse. She apologized, but the damage has already been done, and it was entirely unnecessary.

When someone is falsely accused, they become the victim, not the accuser. They're the ones who are now having their lives seriously harmed by someone abusive who is using them to either gain something or destroy them.

Just look at what happened to ProJared. Guy did some stuff that I don't agree with, but the actually bad stuff he was accused of turned out to be lies that his ex-wife maliciously used to try and ruin his reputation and career. And everyone believed it without blinking, cheering as his YouTube channel began to tumble. Then he comes out with a thorough video explaining how all of it was false, but at that point had been through months of agony as he had to grapple with his entire career and reputation being burned by words with no one giving him the benefit of the doubt. Thankfully, it seems he's managed to reclaim his reputation and keep making videos.

This kind of stuff is rarely ever clear-cut. Emotions run high and even people with good intentions can end up falsifying information. The best thing anyone can do is just do your best to always be kind and considerate of others and their feelings, and if you recognize you did something wrong (which we all do), apologize as soon as you can. Easier said than done, but with some practice and self-awareness, it makes a big difference.

Sorry this has been so stressful for you. I hope you are able to take the couple days of reprieve to relax and take your mind off of things.
I'm glad to see this post actually, because I do feel like sometimes the online justice really does go too far. I saw quite a few people say things like guilty until proven innocent.. and that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Havent people seen false accusations online? There were plenty. I understand though that people are tired of the victims not being heard or nothing being done. But it's just not wise to swing so far to the other side..

Why can't it just be 'open' to finding out the truth and then coming to conclusions when all the info is out and well examined? I dont even know why I'm asking that, I know how people can be lol.

That said, I do wonder if maybe Vanessa is lying because she still loves ZeRo. I don't feel there's enough to say that, but I just find it weird that multiple people talk about stuff that happened with her and that it'd be all only rumors. I do think it's the right thing to do to respect what she wants tho, so I'm glad Jisu removed it from her doc, but it still makes you wonder.

Pending until proven guilty or innocent, how about that, lol.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey there, getting late here, but I wanted to share a little something before I go.

So, remember that drawing of Marsa I did awhile back?

Yeah? Well, look at this!
That's right, I redid the lineart myself! Before I color it tho, I want your opinion on it to see if there's any problems with it, like the hands, feets, etc... feedback would be really needed now. Since afterward, I don't think I be able to change much, so it's now or never! (take your time tho, don't want rushed answer)

Brief, hope you like it!

@AndreaAC ,@Tako Tuesday , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F ,@Dyllybirdy , Wademan94 Wademan94 ,@JDCabrera , Knight Dude Knight Dude

Hope I didn't miss anyone!
Looks really good, you've made a LOT of improvements.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Imagine creating a concept about a character experiencing nightmares, then having a nightmare that’s literally exactly like the fictional ones you created for the character. :4pacman:

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Why am I still awake at 4:13 AM?
Because my body is in constant, agonizing pain.
Specifically, the fingers in my left hand.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
did some stuff that I don't agree with, but the actually bad stuff he was accused of turned out to be lies that his ex-wife maliciously used to try and ruin his reputation and career.
I mean...
I'd say that he admitted to doing pretty bad stuff

D

Deleted member

I thankfully managed to sleep last night.

Gonna try and see if I can have breakfast now.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
This got me thinking about Scooby Doo crossovers and now I have to know...
Has Scooby Doo ever crossed with Hatsune Miku?

D

Deleted member

Really curious to find out the favourite Sonic character of each person in the Social Thread.

I think I've said before Vector is my favourite one, I know Hat's N Clogs likes Tails the most, I think Osby likes Big The Cat (unless I'm remembering something wrong) and I suppose Metal X likes Eggman.

Kinda ironic that I talk a lot about SEGA in general but not as much about Sonic.

D

Deleted member

This got me thinking about Scooby Doo crossovers and now I have to know...
Has Scooby Doo ever crossed with Hatsune Miku?
I think they haven't iirc.

The trailer said “their” in that they’re claiming it’s the gang’s first Halloween movie mystery.
Yeah, I know.

My point was mostly that SpongeBob's movies all could count as summer ones and if they called the new one the first summer film in the series It would feel weird.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Really curious to find out the favourite Sonic character of each person in the Social Thread.

I think I've said before Vector is my favourite one, I know Hat's N Clogs likes Tails the most, I think Osby likes Big The Cat (unless I'm remembering something wrong) and I suppose Metal X likes Eggman.

Kinda ironic that I talk a lot about SEGA in general but not as much about Sonic.
Mine’s Blaze btw.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
*Wafts through the approximately 80 million Scooby-Doo movies made in the last 20 years* :yoshi:
Off the top of my head, this one and Goblin King are the only ones taking place on Halloween.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I really like Big but he's not my favorite character. That would be Sonic himself.

Amy is a close second with Shadow, Tails, and Rouge being honorable mentions.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Mine’s Blaze btw.
Ditto.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

For me it's freaking Dark Gaia.
The_Darkness_rises.png

Basically it's a gigantic eldritch horror which is makes it even more awesome.
Pdarkgaiav1.png
I swear that right there would fit in Kirby as a final boss.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
D

Deleted member

I need to get back into Animal Crossing New Horizons

The last time I played my house looked a bit like this:
20200706_121329.jpg

D

Deleted member

I loved the adorable Dragon Quest costumes, not that the others aren't good.
I should honestly add an Erik costume to the set too.

Erik and Sylvando were easily my favourite characters in DQXI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom