• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Turns out there were even more ability changes in SwSh. Mimikyu's Disguise got a nerf in that, when it breaks, will now cause it to lose 1/8 of its max HP. Another big change is that Moody now doesn't affect accuracy and evasion anymore, which is a pretty welcome change for me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ash was mentioned in a trophy description in Smash 4, and Misty’s anime design was a trophy in Melee. Smash already borrows a lot from the anime regarding voices and whatnot, talking Lucario and Ash-Greninja included.

Although I don’t think Team Rocket is likely, but I would like them. They’d definitely be easier to get than Goku.
Misty is still a game originating character.
Team Rocket is still a game originating character too.

Mii Fighters can have Team Rocket’s video game design. Team Rocket as a Smash playable fighter can have Team Rocket’s anime design.

It’s interesting to note that even though Jessie and James had only four video game appearances (Yellow, Puzzle League, and both versions of Let’s Go) Nintendo still acknowledges them as the most famous members of Team Rocket. They have star power because of the anime.

1574079859003.jpeg

Team Rocket is a game originating character.
Meowth is a game originating character.
Ekans is a game originating character.
Koffing is a game originating character.

If you were responsible for making the Smash roster and you decided to add Team Rocket and you wanted to get the fans hyped to play Team Rocket, it would be more logical to use the anime design as they have star power... and the fans would see how much fun it would be to play as a team of Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing.

It is not like Mii Fighters could actually use Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing anyway... of course they had to wear generic Team Rocket Grunt outfits.

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys.... who here wants to have nightmares? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (note: not actually nightmare inducing)

also i'm going to be on my hotspot for now, so if I double post, it's my internet. My hotspot is actual garbage right now(100k something, because i used a crap ton of data watching videos, so ATAT moved my high speed to slow-as a snail)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For a split second I read the title as “Social Thread-Inator!”

Methinks I’ve been watching too many cartoons.

D

Deleted member

Trying to upload a new avatar on this garbage hotspot is super slow.

Doesn't help that soon I'll be in a dead zone because one of the high schools I bus to use a signal jammer.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
xD Can I say that the mouse and the gif terrified me more than any of the FNAF animatronics ever did? I watched it and I swear I felt unsettled.
I maybe late to the party but, is that a Primarina fused with a Shaymin in your signature? That's brilliant, and it looks wonderful too!

Aaand that's probably what the new gimmick is gonna be in the next Pokémon game, Pokémon Fusion.

D

Deleted member

Lmao, my mother gets pissed at me over english work and the moment I have to take part of a listening exercise she has to start using the vacuum cleaner and make so much noise that I can’t hear anything at all.

D

Deleted member

I maybe late to the party but, is that a Primarina fused with a Shaymin in your signature? That's brilliant, and it looks wonderful too!

Aaand that's probably what the new gimmick is gonna be in the next Pokémon game, Pokémon Fusion.
Hey, if it meant we'd finally get to see the original Kyurem, I'm up for it.

D

Deleted member

If we are getting a Sony rep (something I’m not sold on yet), then there can only be two choices:

/s

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ok so I just realized somthing
That's just concept art tho, not a game release

and for all we know, Touhou also could've had a concept spanning back from years...

I highly doubt Reimu was both conceived and had her game developed in just one year

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey, if it meant we'd finally get to see the original Kyurem, I'm up for it.
That's right we've yet to see the three dragons fused together.
Ok so I just realized somthing
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well... that's mind boggling, our Genie has been around for quite some time. Glad she's still around and not faded into obscurity.

D

Deleted member

That's just concept art tho

and for all we know, Touhou also could've had a concept spanning back from years...

I highly doubt Reimu was both conceived and had her game developed in just one year
i tried finding when her concept art began but I got no results for this

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i tried finding when her concept art began but I got no results for this
still, going by past history, concept art shouldn't really qualify as a character's "debut"

it's the equivalent of celebrating your birthday on the day your parents first conceived you, not the day you were out of the womb

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Team Rocket is still a game originating character too.

Mii Fighters can have Team Rocket’s video game design. Team Rocket as a Smash playable fighter can have Team Rocket’s anime design.

It’s interesting to note that even though Jessie and James had only four video game appearances (Yellow, Puzzle League, and both versions of Let’s Go) Nintendo still acknowledges them as the most famous members of Team Rocket. They have star power because of the anime.

View attachment 247130

Team Rocket is a game originating character.
Meowth is a game originating character.
Ekans is a game originating character.
Koffing is a game originating character.

If you were responsible for making the Smash roster and you decided to add Team Rocket and you wanted to get the fans hyped to play Team Rocket, it would be more logical to use the anime design as they have star power... and the fans would see how much fun it would be to play as a team of Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing.

It is not like Mii Fighters could actually use Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing anyway... of course they had to wear generic Team Rocket Grunt outfits.
I always thought a funny assist trophy would be Jesse and James. They spawn and throw out a bunch of PokéBalls and they all just have Goldeen in them.

D

Deleted member

still, going by past history, concept art shouldn't really qualify as a character's "debut"

it's the equivalent of celebrating your birthday on the day your parents first conceived you, not the day you were out of the womb
Yeah your problibly right

I’ll just delete the tweet and move on then

D

Deleted member

Can’t wait for that tournament to happen and instead of Fighter 5 this gets shown:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Turns out there were even more ability changes in SwSh. Mimikyu's Disguise got a nerf in that, when it breaks, will now cause it to lose 1/8 of its max HP. Another big change is that Moody now doesn't affect accuracy and evasion anymore, which is a pretty welcome change for me.
Bruh what the **** is that Disguise nerf for, the goddamn ice cube gets a Disguise that can be restored in hail while being immune to physical attackers yet Mimikyu needed a nerf? **** that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

All right I dare you all to change my mind

I apologize about the tweet embedding. images aren’t working and I couldn’t wait
Any of the three would be great and fun to play, Sakurai has made pretty much every DLC character fun. RE could have the Ammo limits and horror elements, MH would have its arsenal of weapons and traps, Dante would have crazy combos.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Smash 4 Bayo broke the game in half, then ohhhh boy, I can't imagine what a faithful Dante moveset would look like.

...well, actually, I do imagine that there be alot of SWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDGUNROYALTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICK

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
People won't care about the older games anymore so put all the energy in the new one to make it a selling point.

Peer pressure for the timed dlc, like Long Meowth.

Also holy ****
There was a problem fetching the tweet
35 million to fix a mess. Goddamn
Oh wow, that's a big bump.

In comparison Detective Pikachu had a budget of $150 million.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario PS4 is the reveal of the tournament:

>It stars Mario, Geno, Luigi, Peach, Sonic, Tails, Amy & Knuckles
>Plays like GTA V and is divided in chapters
>Open world Mushroom Kingdom inspired by Los Santos
>Bob Hoskins and Lou Albano can be costumes for Mario. Only the license for John Leguizamo could be afforded for Luigi
>Kratos is Mario’s job boss in this world
>Bowser and Eggman are the main villains. They own Kratos’ rival company
>There’s a mission where you have to help Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Jak stop Eggman’s wife from going with Shadow
>Peach, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are playable, but only on quick time events
>Loads of Sony’s product placement
>The final level is Geno using the power of all the heroes to defeat Infinite in a battle that has Eminem music in the background

I know all of this because my son works at the Nintendo Secret Service and goes to drink with VR Plant on mondays.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What season did you leave at?

6-8 were average, I would highly recommend seasons 9 and 10 right now.

Especially as season 9 builds up to the likes and it’s really well done. The current season is also getting to the juicy parts of the whisperer war. After they kicked Scott gimme from show runner, Angela kang really came in and saved the writing and direction.
I stopped during season 7. I was tired of the episodes doing a slow climb up to a shortly lived, half-and-half payoff during each mid-season point and finale. I'll explain all my gripes with the show below, in order of season:

Season 1- I actually have no issues with the episodes themselves, because season 1 is REALLY good and follows the comics quite well. Frank Darabout was a brilliant show runner, but unfortunately he got fired. Why? Because his superiors wanted to save money and got greedy. So, they hired Glen Mazzara (or however you say his last name) in turn and thus not only got a more lackluster show runner, but also found a guy who was far more willing to have the budget be cut and have a lower production value in general.

Season 2- Stretched out the storyline far too long. Maggie, Herschel, and the other Greene characters are well developed at least, but everything else about the season is trash. Lori's painfully easy to dislike, and with Andrea... dang. Here's the deal: Andrea is my favorite character *in the comics*. She's a cool-headed, sharp-shooting beast who, while having a bad temper at times, is very loyal to her friends and allies and is extremely intelligent and well-grounded. And, in season 1, Andrea from the show is actually like her comic self! She doesn't take crap from anyone (her telling off Ed Peletier was AMAZING <3) and she's well-grounded. But, in season 2 they decide to turn her into a dead weight character where all her sharp shooting abilities from the comics go out the window and she has to train with Shane in order to get that sharp shooting ability. Couple the butchering of her character with how her character is written to be tragic but actually comes off as unlikable in this season is a shame. I feel bad for Laurie Holden, because she's a solid actress... but the material she gets just doesn't work. A lot of the characters stagnate in development here due to the painfully slow story-telling, aside from Shane and the Greenes.

Season 3- It's better than season 2, for sure. Andrea, while still being incompetent with a gun, gets better here and becomes a tragic anti-hero... which I kinda dig? Her trying to bring peace between the Governor camp and Rick's camp is an interesting storyline, and tbh I don't really mind it as much as others. I AM annoyed by how she's not as mentally strong as her comic counterpart, but the part I do really like is that she's actually taking charge of the situation at hand and trying to be active and driven. This is refreshing, because she goes back and forth between active and passive in season 2. The storytelling is better in this season, but we don't really see any payoff from the Governor storyline until season 4.

Season 4- Payoff with the governor story which is nice, and Michonne and Rick get much-needed development. Carl gets much more likable starting here as well. However, there's an overarching problem that becomes much more easily noticable in this season which I'll get to.

Season 5- My 2nd favorite season. The season is much more quickly paced than seasons 2-4 and the story takes a neat turn concerning the Alexandria plot. This is not as good as season 1 imo, because season 1 had storytelling down to a science and idk if it'll ever be topped, but concerning both Alexandria settlement and the Daryl and Beth story, this season was very refreshing.

Season 6- What a shame, we go back to slow story pacing and how one of the coolest characters in the comics, Heath, takes a backseat in this season. Denise also could've gotten more development, although I can't be too upset by this because one of the only things I don't like about the comics is that Denise dies a bit early in the comics as well. Either way, story pacing gets slow again and character development is hurt in turn aside from Negan, Dwight, and characters like Carl. Carl watching over his little sister Judith is a sweet story and helps Carl be a lot more likable, and I like how they continued that plot here.

Season 7- THIS is where I stopped watching, and this is where I'll talk about the biggest issue with the show: poor story pacing with payoffs in which the effect doesn't last long. With Negan pulling off a blindside and killing both Glen AND Abraham, we have this huge spike in shock... and then by the start of episode 2 of season 7, the story pacing goes back to being painfully slow. This is true in most seasons. Season 2: a very slow build up to Shane's death, then that single episode is very entertaining, but then the story goes back to a very slow build... then season 3 happens and Andrea dies with the Governor getting "exposed"... payoff is still there but the wait is a bit too long. The story pacing isn't consistent. Season 4: Governor death feels so right, but other than that the season is a very slow burn and other than the governor death, there isn't a lot of payoff. Season 6? This season is especially disappointing in payoff in that it's where Denise randomly dies and the group is captured by Negan. It happens too suddenly, especially with how slow season 6 is. Season 7: the best part of the season is in the first episode, and even in that first episode it takes forever to reach that climax because most of the episode is just Rick sitting there stunned by what happened, and the viewer is strung along without knowing who died until the 40 minute mark. Then the show goes back to being too slow in pacing. This isn't helped by how the storyline always goes like this: find shelter > engage enemy > flee to a new place. This is standard in zombie flicks, but that doesn't make it interesting. Other slow-burn shows like The Wire at least change up the story formula, and that keeps things fresh... on the other hand, the Walking Dead didn't do that in the seasons I watched, and I'm not sure if it changed up in future seasons. Seasons 9-present sound good, but I'm not gonna bother watching because I'm through with the show. The Walking Dead didn't keep things fresh, and payoffs didn't last long because the story would soft-reset each time and the results of said pay-offs and build-ups in the story would fade into the background quite quickly.

Seasons 1 and 5 were the peak, where the writers actually paced the seasons very nicely and it was entertaining all the way through. Not to mention that they weren't as formulaic in those seasons concerning the "shelter engage flee" story. Season 1 was just trying to find a place in the world and get used to the new landscape, and season 5 did a nice job of doing introspection into building up a society and how to run it properly. Seasons 1 and 5 were great, but the other seasons? Well season 4 was decent but it still had that critical flaw of being slow and the story being predictable and formulaic. I'm mixed on season 3, and I outright dislike seasons 2, 6, and 7. Not to mention characters like Daryl are overrated by the fanbase and he gets hoards of fangirls despite how his development stagnated through much of the pre-Neagan seasons after his brother's death. He gets a little development with Beth, but Beth outshined him in that storyline. Character development isn't balanced in general as well, and it's a shame. Rick, Maggie, and Carol are three of the only characters I look back on fondly from the show because their development was consistent. Glen was very likable as well in the early seasons, but he takes a backseat later on.

I just don't find the show good. It's in the lower tiers in my rankings and it's a shame because it started with a lot of promise, but today I find it overrated and even if the new seasons are good (and I've heard good things, and that's great), I'm just not interested anymore even though it seems like fans of the show are pleased by the positive changes. If you enjoy it, awesome. More power to ya, because I can't get back into the show. I feel disappointed too much by the up and down nature of the first 7 seasons.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think Sakurai knows excessive name shouting is annoying and distracting.
Doesn't Terry shout most of his special moves out loud?

Beside, style switching is a classic memes, it be a shame if it wasn't here while PK FIRE is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom